Windows CE 5.0 versus Windows Mobile 5.0: Code protability

Does anyone here know if the code written for WIndows CE 5.0 will run
without making any changes in the source code as it is on Windows
Mobile 5.0? i.e. does the code targetted for Windows CE 5.0 will also
run on Windows Mobile 5.0?

I know that Windows Mobile 5.0 is based on the code base of WinCE 5.0,
so logically it does mean that the code should be portable without
making any chagnes. True?

-RainBow

0
drvirens (12)
7/1/2005 5:46:29 AM
comp.sys.palmtops 4109 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Please see a current thread called "Code Protability across Windows CE
versus Windows Mobile" in comp.sys.handhelds,

On 30 Jun 2005 22:46:29 -0700, "RainBow" <drvirens@gmail.com> wrote:

>Does anyone here know if the code written for WIndows CE 5.0 will run
>without making any changes in the source code as it is on Windows
>Mobile 5.0? i.e. does the code targetted for Windows CE 5.0 will also
>run on Windows Mobile 5.0?
>
>I know that Windows Mobile 5.0 is based on the code base of WinCE 5.0,
>so logically it does mean that the code should be portable without
>making any chagnes. True?
>
>-RainBow

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
Boston, MA 02118
www.penfact.com
0
r_z_aret (241)

Upgrading 5.0.5 to 5.0.6/5.0.7
Hi, I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some questions: 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? 2. How easy is the upgrade? 3. Should I go to 5.0.7 instead for all the machines? Thanks, Jon Jon Wynacht typed (on Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:16:17AM -0700): | Hi, | | I've inheirited 3 SCO Servers and need to upgrade one to 5.0.6 from | 5.0.5. The other two are at 5.0.6 and I want them all in line. Some | questions: | | 1. Does SCO charge for this upgrade? If so, how much? ...

migration to CE .net 4.2 (Windows CE) or Windows Mobile 2003 from Windows CE 3.0
I have an application developed under Embedded Visual Basic 3.0 (Edition 2002) that ran under Windows CE 3.0. When trying to run that application under .net 4.2 I'm getting an error such that "Cannot find extension file Forms Data. Please run setup to restore this file". Am I totally out of luck under CE .net 4.2 here and should better switch to Windows Mobile 2003? The vendor of the PDA offer the hardware with two OS options, .Net 4.2 or Windows mobile 2003. Is Windows mobile 2003 the successor of Windows CE 3.0 or is it a totally different animal? I'm a bit lost at the ...

Upgrade OSR 5.0.5 to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7
Hi all, I've two olds servers DELL Poweredge 2300 with Raid PERC, funtionning with OSR 5.0.5. Iwant upgrade the OS to 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 but it seems (sco.com) that the poweredge 2300 is bnot supported after OSR 5.0.5 (Hardware comptatibility). has somebody attempt this with success and which drivers (Raid PERC, Adaptec) are used. Thank you in advance fir the help. ----------------------------------------------------- Andre Georgel Email : andre.georgel@noos.fr "La perfection n'est pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien � ajouter, mais lorsque qu'il n'y a plus rien � enl...

Free Dev Sys License (5.0.4 or 5.0.5)
Anybody need a Free(*) Openserver devsys license? It's from around the time of 5.0.4 or 5.0.5. But it should work up through 5.0.6, (by serializing ld and cc manually - those are the only two items that the license unlocks). Number: 2GA026600 Code: nxljpcpn Data: g0;k;mddh5m7 The license is not in use and is legit. Or as legit as can be after posting the activation info to Usenet. First one to email me gets the COLA VIA snail mail. And my condolences. -sw On Jan 24, 12:58=A0pm, Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote: > Anybody need a Free(*) Openserver d...

Windows CE 5.0 & VC++ 6.0 with MFC
Hi!! I am new to Windows CE. I have a VC++ 6.0 Dialog based application running in Windows 2000. Can I port my VC++ 6.0 Dialog Based Application as it is? If no, then how can the application be ported to CE 5.0? Please Help. Thanks in Advance, Praneeth. You might. If not, you'll have to pick through the code and fixup the CE limitations. Of course, the first place you'll need to look is the size of the dialogs, etc. -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- DataGet� & PocketLog� www.dataget.com Data Collectors www.baxcode.com -------------------------------------------------------------------- "praneeth" <praneeth21820@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137393939.702357.166900@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi!! > > I am new to Windows CE. I have a VC++ 6.0 Dialog based application > running in Windows 2000. Can I port my VC++ 6.0 Dialog Based > Application as it is? If no, then how can the application be ported to > CE 5.0? > > Please Help. > > Thanks in Advance, > Praneeth. > On 15 Jan 2006 22:45:39 -0800, "praneeth" <praneeth21820@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi!! > >I am new to Windows CE. I have a VC++ 6.0 Dialog based application >running in Windows 2000. Can I port my VC++ 6.0 Dialog Based >Application as it is? If no, then how can the application be ported to >CE 5.0? The difficulty of the port depends heavily on ho...

Can LabVIEW 8.0 & PDA target Windows CE 5.0 devices?
I have a device (RLC XScale-Mini) running Windows CE 5.0 connected to my desktop computer via USB. With ActiveSync connected and running I am able to see this device and its files via my desktop's windows explorer. I have LabVIEW 8.0 and the PDA toolkit installed on my desktop computer. LabVIEW and the PDA do not seem to be able to see this device. I have not been able to verify a connection using the options in the "Configure Pocket PC Devices" on the tools menu. I've also downloaded, from Microsoft, the "Emulator for Windows CE" but have not been successful in get...

Windows Mobile 5.0 support?
Windows Mobile 5.0 support? Why don't work? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Hi Alex, A few things off the top of my head: * No console, thus no STDIN/STDOUT/STDERR (but then, neither does rubyw on win32) * No concept of current working directory, I think this would need to be emulated for compatability * Need a window manager to do anything useful like user interaction, has Fox or any other Ruby WM been ported to WM5? * Differences in API between Windows NT and Windows Mobile -- lots of little things in the ruby source would I'm sure change * File paths, for ins...

Windows Mobile 5.0 anyone?
Hi all, Could anyone direct me to any good usenet/forums/links groups for Windows Mobile for Win32 programmers?? While we're on the subject, could anyone please (pretty please) help me out on a problem I'm having with my Pocket PC app? Specifically...I'm making a game (using DirectDraw). I have not added a menu and have let the taskbar visible. The app displays the cross in the upper right corner. Can anyone tell me what event ID is generated when this cross button is clicked? The idea is that I'll call DestroyWindow() when that button is clicked. Is this the ...

how to download Window Mobile 5.0?
Any one please can show me how to download window mobile 5.0 emulator for LabVIEW PDA Module? I found some problem when i run my project and the emulator never come out.Thats why &nbsp; Thanks for helping me. &nbsp; &nbsp; Nyan Lin Don't make separate threads for same topic. Continue <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=319702#M319702" target="_blank">here</a> ...

NFS SCo 5.0.5 with SCO 6.0.0
Hi everybody, I have a folder on SCO 5.0.5 server shared through NFS with a new SCO 6.0.0 with MP2 server (converted from a SCO 5.0.6 version). Before conversion file locks (over network) on this folder works well (eg from server SCO 5.0.6 I was able to see locks generated from SCO 5.0.5 box and viceversa), now with SCO 6.0.0 does not work ! I see that on SCO 6.0.0 the lockd daemon is active .. so it should work ... Please can you help me ? Thanks Cuffiette ...

SCO Open Server 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4
Hi, Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access centered. Regards, Marian news wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can point me to info or can state if there is a performance > improvement from running 5.0.6 versus 5.0.4. Application is database access > centered. I don't think you are going to get a useful answer. Let's assume that I could authoritatively say that 5.0.6 has performance related improvements over .4 in certain areas. I can't recall if it does or doesn't, bu...

windows Media Player 10 and windows 5.0 Emulator
Hi !! After long search. I have been replied that to work with wmp.ocx you should have to install winddows Media Player 10 sdk. and again this sdk is available in mobile device not on emulator. I've just a little query which will definately give me solution. Can anyone tell me if I want to embedded windows media player 10 version in Windows CE 5.0 OS using platform builder 5.0 How can I do this? Because I'd tried once and by default i found Windows Media player 9 seriese has been embedded in windows CE 5.0 OS... If i'll success to embedded windows media player 10 in Windows CE 5.0 then i'm sure my all problem will be solved. Thank you very much in advance Navin Salunke ...

Creme + Oracle on Windows Mobile 5.0
Hello, I'm quite new to this... I can't get my simple Java test program running on a Wireless Handheld with Windows Mobile 5. I have installed Creme and can run simple test program's using a .lnk file. Now I have created this .lnk file: 255#"\windows\CrEme\bin\CrEme.exe" -Of -verbose -classpath '\Application\;\Application\' -jar \Application\JavaTest3.jar My jscpout.txt shows following error: [Loaded JavaTest3/SQL_Select_Class] [Initializing JavaTest3/SQL_Select_Class] [Resolving JavaTest3/SQL_Select_Class] [Initializing JavaTest3/SQ...

Windows Mobile 5.0 Notification Blues
I've just bought a Qtek 9100, or HTC Magician. Great. I'd done a little bit of legwork into the devices and operating systems and foolishly thought :) that by now, Windows CE / PocketPC / Windows Mobile / whatever it's called these days will be significantly improved over and above what it was, thus, stuff will work. Actually, overall a decent improvement over WM2003 and previous generations. Connectivity is a real strength, both from getting stuff set up and of course using it too. WiFi, Bluetooth - just works (so far). But why oh why has the notification bug still not been fixed? Why do I have to fumble around with patches and whatnot for something that <suppressing rant> should be basic stuff for any PDA. <Sighs>. I broke two rules with the Qtek 9100; one was never to buy another PDA with moving parts (*cough* broke that one with the Tungsten T2) and two, never buy another Microsoft operating system one either. But it was all so shiny and fully featured in the store. ;) Is there anything else I should look out for? I guess the usual PocketPC stuff (I can live with), such as occasional performance hiccups, the odd crash, and similar... -- The DervMan www.dervman.com ...

Windows Mobile 5.0 software and compatibility
Hello, I just bought an HTC Universal (i-mate Jasjar), in my opinion the best PDA+phone in the world on commerce today, powered by Windows Mobile 5.0. What are in your opinion the main web sources for (shareware and freeware) Windows Mobile 5.0 software? Note: I think that the HTC Universal is a "Pocket PC Phone" in Microsoft terminology. Not a "Pocket PC" nor a "smartphone". How many (in percentual) of how much of the existant Windows Mobile (before the 5.0) applications already works well on it? Thanks Mary <outmarcus@gawab.com> wrote in message news:1126451908.630021.65480@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I just bought an HTC Universal (i-mate Jasjar), in my opinion the best > PDA+phone in the world on commerce today, powered by Windows Mobile > 5.0. > What are in your opinion the main web sources for (shareware and > freeware) Windows Mobile 5.0 software? > > Note: I think that the HTC Universal is a "Pocket PC Phone" in > Microsoft terminology. Not a "Pocket PC" nor a "smartphone". > > How many (in percentual) of how much of the existant Windows > Mobile (before the 5.0) applications already works well on it? > > Thanks > Mary > Just got mine as well. Did you see my posts about ActiveSync, and the extra GPRS settings? I am still having problems with ActiveSync 4.0 but it's doing o.k. at the moment. I've installed lots of things ...

Fast IrDA and Windows CE 5.0
Hi All, i am working on porting Windows CE 5.0 and Linux on our custom SOC. I need to support IrDA communication on the device we are targeting. Our reference design has a separate IrDA controller capable of SIR, MIR and FIR. I want to know whether Windows CE has some limitation in speed and performance of Fast IrDA. Can speeds nearing the 4 Mbps mark be achieved ? Sample Driver for Renesas development boards with Windows CE 5.0 suggests that there are some performance issues with the driver which limit the transfer speeds for F-IrDA. We have to commit achievable speeds in our design to our customers. If anyone can help in this issue it would be great. regards, -Abhishek. [Software Architect] ...

How to use SCR131 on Windows CE 5.0
Hello I write a vb.net project for windows ce 5.0. To build a .net application is absolutely no problem. On the other hand I try to use a smartcard reader (scr131 - serial port). Can anyone help me, which dll wrapper I should use or how i can read and write to smartcards over that device. What I've done until now: - Search the internet (no solution found) -> everyone writes about a winscard.dll, who doesn't exist on windows ce 5.0! - SCM Microsystems (manufacturer) couldn't help for windows ce 5.0 (only xp, 2000, ....) - Read what a driver does (but I can't write a driver by myself - never done before) Thanks for your help! Thomas ...

Forth under DOS under Windows Mobile 5.0?
Has anyone run a DOS Forth inside of a DOS emulator on a handheld PC like the JASJAR or XDA O2, running Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0? If so, how exactly did you do it? I am using LMI's UR/Forth 386 under DOS, currently running under VMWare's Virtual Windows 95, running on a Windows 2000 laptop. Robert Robert wrote: > Has anyone run a DOS Forth inside of a DOS emulator on a handheld PC > like the JASJAR or XDA O2, running Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0? If so, > how exactly did you do it? > > I am using LMI's UR/Forth 386 under DOS, currently running under > VM...

[ANN] Rails 0.7.0, Action Pack 0.8.5, Active Record 0.9.5
I gather that most people are now familar with the RoR suite, so I'm skipping the formal introductions and will just bring you the meat. Get it all from http://www.rubyonrails.org, talk it up on #rubyonrails (FreeNet). Or even easier, just do "gem install rails" (or "gem update" if you're already running on Gem Rails) -- you'll automatically install all the newest versions of the required dependencies. Rails 0.7.0: Fixed WEBrick, new_model generator, easier fixtures ================================================================ The WEBrick dispatch has...

Windows XP Pro and Vision FS on OSR 5.0.5
Hi all, I'm trying to install a new PC with Windows XP Pro. This PC is used to manage with proedit VisionFS (2.01.905) on a SCO Openserver 5.0.5. I've modify Windows XP to use unencrypted passwords, I've see the different post on Aplawrence site. I've deleted and create the admin user on VisionFS. I can connect on rhe SCO server, a n I can see the visiontools directory and the differents Unix printers, but it is impossible to open visiontools, I obtain an "Access denied" message. The message say "you do'nt have file permissions ..... see your adminsa...

Time for a new Cartoon character sock - no? On 8/16/11 1:16 PM, Redjak wrote: > Time for a new cartoon character sock, no? Any suggestions Olive Oyl? "Chance Furlong" wrote in message news:a9idnQpR6J6abtfTnZ2dnUVZ_u6dnZ2d@giganews.com... On 8/16/11 1:16 PM, Redjak wrote: > Time for a new cartoon character sock, no? >Any suggestions Olive Oyl? Yeah - something stupid, as usual. ...

SCSI tape not working after upgrade 5.0.5 -> 5.0.7
Good day, After an upgrade of SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 running on Dell PowerEdge 2400 to 5.0.7 we found the tape drive does not work. In "mkdev tape", when you go view the installed tape drives it lists none. But if you try to create a new one, it can't: ---snip--- You are about to add the following SCSI device: Host Adapter Type Adapter Device Number ID LUN Bus ------------------------------------------------------- SCSI alad tape 0 6 0 0 Update SCSI configuration? (y/n) y Cannot add this tape. Another tape is already...

MySQL 5.0.41 or 5.19 on Windows 2003 64-bit
Hi, does anyone know if MySQL support Shared memory connection in 2003 Windows server using 64-bit? I tried 5.0.41 and 5.19 using the windows GUI and also without GUI. I can connect using TCP/IP and Name pipe, but the default which is suppose to be share memory does not work. I keep getting the error messge but can't find solution for it ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading authorization packet', system error: 2 I do have [shared-memory] specify in the my.ini file. I am able to run shared memory if I installed a 32 bit version on 2003 64-bit server...

SYbase SQL & SCO OpenServer 5.0.4/5.0.5
Can somone help me with wich SQL versions runs on SCO OSR5.0.4 and SCO OSR 5.0.5? So your the customer SCO still has :-) Sorry.. Couldn't resist ! ASE 10.0.2 was certified on SCO OSR5.0.2 with OS patches SLS 422a, SLS 437a. It wasn't certified on anything higher. ASE 11.0.x was certified on 5.0.4, but nothing higher. Sybase doesn't support 10.x or 11.x any more ...

Web resources about - Windows CE 5.0 versus Windows Mobile 5.0: Code protability - comp.sys.palmtops

Cloud Crossroads: Which Way PaaS? - InformationWeek
As allies and competitors line up behind the new Cloud Foundry Foundation, where does that leave Red Hat and its support of OpenStack and Project ...

Conair Infiniti Pro Secret Curl Setters : Target
... to give your hair a radiant shine. The cord wraps around the base for easy storage and the top has a carrying handle for convenience and protability.&#60;br ...