Problem with writing to on-chip peripheral registers

Hi,

I use MPC 5554 processor. It's not possible for me to write to a
memory mapped registers of the on-chip peripherals (like serial comm,
interrupt controller etc).  We have a configuration register related
to eSCI (enhanced Serial Comm Interface) eSCI_CR .  I have to write
say, 0x2000 into it. When I try to do that, we are losing the control
over the flow and control goes to some RAM address location. It looks
like an exception is being raised.(I'm not sure about this exception
part).
Similar thing happens with Interrupt controller registers also.
Can you someone give info asap?

Thanks,
Srinath
0
bheemarajus
1/7/2008 4:17:56 AM
comp.sys.powerpc.tech 819 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow