http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/storage-devices.html
0
swetha123
3/25/2008 6:52:34 AM
comp.sys.powerpc.tech 819 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Co-Processor for Microblaze or PowerPC Processor
Hi I am currently developing a Co Processor which performs some arithmetic operations more efficiently, and I want to test this within a processor. I have done this once with den LEON Processor, but now I wanna try it with Microblaze or Power PC Processor if this is possible. I use VHDL as design language, so is there some online tutorial which explains me how I can add my Co Processor and the new op-Codes which should be performed by the Coprocessor. Unfortunately I wasnt able to find any information about this on the web Cheers Roger "Roger Planger" <ernte23@gmx.at...

Lead Sys Tech and Sys Admin Web Services
Hi, I work on Cox Communications' internal hiring team at our headquarters in Atlanta (Fortune 500 company, 6.3 million subscribers nationwide). I have a couple positions here in Atlanta that require Solaris expertise and just wanted to see if any members of this group might be interested or know someone that may be. Please forgive me if this is not an appropriate use of the board--I read through the Style Guide and it appears that this is appropriate. Please feel free to reach me directly at danny.palmer@cox.com. The first position, System Administrator Web Services, requires a UNIX ...

sys/processor.h sys/loadavg.h in linux?
I have a program I wrote for Solaris. I am trying to port the program to linux. One of the problems I am having is attaining hardware information on the machine. Using sys/processor.h on solaris, I am able to num cpu's and clock speed. Using sys/loadavg.h, I am able to get the load avg u/s/i. I can still get mem, and free mem from sysconf, that is ok. I would rather not parse through /proc/cpuinfo! TIA, ~S ...

information of processors
64-bit Microprocessors http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/64-bit-microprocessors.html How Microprocessors Work http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/how-microprocessors-work.html Multi-microprocessors http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/multi-microprocessors.html Pre-PC Microprocessor History http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/pre-pc-microprocessor-history.html Microprocessors http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/microprocessors.html transformar http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/transformar.html Co...

powerpc processor replacement?
Question for all of the Mac gurus out there. I am in the market for a new G4 Powerbook. Say I go ahead and buy one now with a powerpc processor and then the intel transition takes place. If, for whatever reason, the powerpc processor goes bad, will I be able to replace it or will I have to replace it with an intel processor, which as I understand will mean a new intel equipped powerbook to accomodate it? Thanks. In article <1127656936.868485.229750@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "pennysgeek@gmail.com" <pennysgeek@gmail.com> wrote: > Question for ...

Seeking for PowerPC informations
Hi, I'm seeking for precise informations about the following PPC implementations: - IBM 401 & 402 - PPC 75xx - PPC 620 - Power 3/4/5 - RS64 I/II (aka A50/NorthStar), III (aka Pulsar), IV (aka SStar) What I mean with 'precise informations' is: full registers description, including specific SPRs, DCRs and on-chip devices for 4xx, and full specific instructions specification. The best would be the CPUs user manuals (but I doubt they are available for Power & RS64...). I'd also like to get precise informations about Power and Power2. Regards. on Friday 08 April 2005 0...

Information about timekeeping on multiple processors
Contains information about timekeeping on multiple processors: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;896256 David ...

Intel processor stepping information
Hi, I am trying to figure out as how the stepping is reported by linux kernel in /proc/cpuinfo. I have three different systems all using Intel P-IV 3GHz processors. The steppings being reported by kernel in each system is different. I checked the Intel's website and they used different alphanumeric scheme for stepping as compared to what is reported by linux (http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/default.asp). SYSTEM 1: Stepping (as reported by linux kernel) :: 4 Stepping (reported by Intel's website) :: D0 eSpec# :: SL7E4 SYSTEM 2: Stepping (as reported by linux kernel)...

Determine processor information at runtime...
How would you determine the CPU type/model information? If you use things like preprocessor macros (__ppc__, __ppc64__, etc.) it tells you what compiler options were used, not what's really there. If you compile generically on a G5 for example, it'll tell you it's a 32-bit PPC using this method (broken). Independent of compiler options, I'd like to know if the underlying hardware is PPC32, PPC64, IA32, or X86-64 (down the road). Something analogous to the Intel CPUID instruction perhaps? Is there a way to determine this with some sort of platform-de...

Is RISC 6000 and PowerPC processor are the same.
Is RISC 6000 and PowerPC processor are the same. kumaaraswamy@gmail.com wrote: > Is RISC 6000 and PowerPC processor are the same. Depends on the model, sometimes yes and somtimes no. -- Regards, Jerry M. <kumaaraswamy@gmail.com> wrote: > Is RISC 6000 and PowerPC processor are the same. A quick search on the web would have answered your question. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS6000> -> No. PowerPC is a processor, RS/6000 a line of computers. Some use the PowerPC, others the various models of the POWER cpu. Regards G�tz -- http://www.knubbelmac.de/ Thanks for ...

Information about Maths Co-Processors
This link looks interesting, in light to recent posts in comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic I'm posting it in there too. http://gopher.quux.org:70/Archives/mirrors/textfiles.com/programming/copro15 ..txt Cheers, Ross. ...

Web resources about - processors information - comp.sys.powerpc.tech

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

WA government defends information 'confidentiality' blackout
Western Australia's planning authority will be asked to reassess the extent to which it hides information about major public projects behind ...

FCC expands rules on political ad spending information
... advertising spending by presidential candidates and other political campaigns, requiring pay-TV providers and radio stations to post the information ...

How hedge fund traders shared inside information while playing 'Call Of Duty'
... During Chaves' talk, he discussed some of the ways the FBI learned hedge fund traders and analysts were sharing material, nonpublic information. ...

El Nino providing scientists with key information - Videos - CBS News
El Nino waves are taking a human toll, but the crumbling hillsides of San Francisco are providing scientists with a goldmine of information. ...

IDG Contributor Network: What service providers won't tell you about their information security
In the course of my business, I frequently ask IT service providers questions about their information security practices, either as part of a ...

CFPB To Banks: Offer More “No Overdraft” Checking Accounts, Provide Accurate Credit Information
... the CFPB issued a bulletin [ PDF ] reminding banks and credit unions of their obligations when it comes to accurately reporting information ...

Lawmaker Says He’s ‘Never Read Anything That’s More Sensitive’ Than Information In Hillary’s ‘Top Secret’ ...
Lawmaker Says He’s ‘Never Read Anything That’s More Sensitive’ Than Information In Hillary’s ‘Top Secret’ Emails

FCC: T-Mobile, Comcast Inquiry Just an 'Information Exercise' -
... their varied approaches to zero rating (letting select content bypass usage caps). Wheeler has been quick to insist the inquiry is an " information ...