UPM Array for MPC8347

Hi,
How to generate UPM array for NAND Flash (k9k8g08u0a or K9WAG08U1A)
for the MPC8347 (LBC Controller).
Is this upm array dependent on the flash type. For geting the upm
array should I contact freescale?
Please help........

Thanks
Firdosh
0
kfirdosh (1)
6/30/2009 9:08:59 AM
comp.sys.powerpc.tech 819 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

firdosh wrote:
> How to generate UPM array for NAND Flash (k9k8g08u0a or
> K9WAG08U1A) for the MPC8347 (LBC Controller).

1) Read/understand the datasheet for the MPC8347 UPM

2) Read/understand the datasheet for your NAND Flash device.

3) Read/understand the schematics that connect these
devices.

4) Design the UPM opcode sequence to suit the timing
of your system.

> Is this upm array dependent on the flash type.

Yes. It is also dependent upon the way in which
your NAND flash is connected to the UPM via the
MPC8347 pins.

> For geting the upm array should I contact freescale?

They might have something close.

> Please help........

This is not for the faint-of-heart. Love it or hate
it ... this is where the embedded systems guys earn
their pay.

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
  and we never even know we have the key."
"Already Gone" by Jack Tempchin (recorded by The Eagles)

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1
0
Michael
6/30/2009 12:46:42 PM
"firdosh" <kfirdosh@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> How to generate UPM array for NAND Flash (k9k8g08u0a or K9WAG08U1A)
> for the MPC8347 (LBC Controller).
> Is this upm array dependent on the flash type. For geting the upm
> array should I contact freescale?
> Please help........

Use the UPM programming tool.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC8347E

Click on the "software & tools" tab.  Search for "LBCUPMIBCG" listed as
"initialization and boot code."  It's about 1/2 way down the page.

With the UPM tool, you can draw the timing diagrams that match the timing of
your local bus and FLASH.  The tool will generate the UPM RAM patterns when
you're done.

Enjoy,

-Gary

0