SGI Fuel won't boot, can't access PROM

I'm having a serious problem booting an SGI Fuel.  I believe it is
running IRIX 6.5 and the PROM is version 6.144.

The system was working but no one knew the root password.  Of course I
tried getting into single user mode by typing 'single' at the PROM
console which started a boot then the screen went blank and the system
became nonresponsive.  I tried using 2 different overlay installation
CD's (can't find original OS) to boot but both appear to lock up the
graphics after copying files to the harddrive (before any menus even
come up).

I've tried connecting a null-modem cable to COM1 from an XP PC running
hyperterminal (9600 8-N-1) but have never been able to get any output
to the terminal.  I've tried with and without the keyboard and mouse
plugged into the Fuel.  In an attempt to get this working I was
playing with environment variable in the PROM and may have changed
something that's caused my current situation.  I set the following:
console=d
AutoBoot=No

When the Fuel is turned on, the 3 lights on the keyboard flash as
normal; the LED on the case flashed white for a bit then goes solid
white (normal I think); but the monitor never turns on!  Usually the
monitor would come on maybe 10 seconds after the flashing keyboard
lights, just in time to see the graphical display prompting to enter
Maintenance Mode.

If I press the power button on the Fuel at this point it shuts down
immediately.

The last thing I did in the PROM console was run 'init' which froze
the screen.  After a hard reset I haven't been able to get the monitor
to come on at all.

Will removing the PROM battery reset all PROM variables or only reset
the password?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Matt

comp.sys.sgi.admin 1271 articles. 0 followers. ramseyrt (13) is leader. Post Follow

In article <1189686100.525860.250140@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>, matt.thornback@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm having a serious problem booting an SGI Fuel.  I believe it is
> running IRIX 6.5 and the PROM is version 6.144.
>
> The system was working but no one knew the root password.  Of course I
> tried getting into single user mode by typing 'single' at the PROM
> console which started a boot then the screen went blank and the system
> became nonresponsive.  I tried using 2 different overlay installation
> CD's (can't find original OS) to boot but both appear to lock up the
> graphics after copying files to the harddrive (before any menus even
> come up).
>
> I've tried connecting a null-modem cable to COM1 from an XP PC running
> hyperterminal (9600 8-N-1) but have never been able to get any output
> to the terminal.  I've tried with and without the keyboard and mouse
> plugged into the Fuel.  In an attempt to get this working I was
> playing with environment variable in the PROM and may have changed
> something that's caused my current situation.  I set the following:
> console=d
> AutoBoot=No
>
> When the Fuel is turned on, the 3 lights on the keyboard flash as
> normal; the LED on the case flashed white for a bit then goes solid
> white (normal I think); but the monitor never turns on!  Usually the
> monitor would come on maybe 10 seconds after the flashing keyboard
> lights, just in time to see the graphical display prompting to enter
> Maintenance Mode.
>
> If I press the power button on the Fuel at this point it shuts down
> immediately.
>
> The last thing I did in the PROM console was run 'init' which froze
> the screen.  After a hard reset I haven't been able to get the monitor
> to come on at all.
>
> Will removing the PROM battery reset all PROM variables or only reset
> the password?
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Matt

Inside th PROM can you mount the dksc(0,1,0) and truncate /etc/passwd,
boot, then restore /etc/passwd?

Mike

mikee (687)
9/13/2007 1:54:25 PM
On Sep 13, 9:54 am, Mike <mi...@mikee.ath.cx> wrote:
> In article <1189686100.525860.250...@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>, matt.thornb...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I'm having a serious problem booting an SGI Fuel.  I believe it is
> > running IRIX 6.5 and the PROM is version 6.144.
>
> > The system was working but no one knew the root password.  Of course I
> > tried getting into single user mode by typing 'single' at the PROM
> > console which started a boot then the screen went blank and the system
> > became nonresponsive.  I tried using 2 different overlay installation
> > CD's (can't find original OS) to boot but both appear to lock up the
> > graphics after copying files to the harddrive (before any menus even
> > come up).
>
> > I've tried connecting a null-modem cable to COM1 from an XP PC running
> > hyperterminal (9600 8-N-1) but have never been able to get any output
> > to the terminal.  I've tried with and without the keyboard and mouse
> > plugged into the Fuel.  In an attempt to get this working I was
> > playing with environment variable in the PROM and may have changed
> > something that's caused my current situation.  I set the following:
> > console=d
> > AutoBoot=No
>
> > When the Fuel is turned on, the 3 lights on the keyboard flash as
> > normal; the LED on the case flashed white for a bit then goes solid
> > white (normal I think); but the monitor never turns on!  Usually the
> > monitor would come on maybe 10 seconds after the flashing keyboard
> > lights, just in time to see the graphical display prompting to enter
> > Maintenance Mode.
>
> > If I press the power button on the Fuel at this point it shuts down
> > immediately.
>
> > The last thing I did in the PROM console was run 'init' which froze
> > the screen.  After a hard reset I haven't been able to get the monitor
> > to come on at all.
>
> > Will removing the PROM battery reset all PROM variables or only reset
> > the password?
>
> > Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> > Matt
>
> Inside th PROM can you mount the dksc(0,1,0) and truncate /etc/passwd,
> boot, then restore /etc/passwd?
>
> Mike
>
> --

Hi Mike,

I was able to access the /etc/passwd file from within PROM but
couldn't find any way to modify it.

Unfortunately this is no longer an option since I can't even get to
the PROM any more.

Matt

In article <1189686100.525860.250140@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>,
 <matt.thornback@gmail.com> wrote:
>I'm having a serious problem booting an SGI Fuel.  I believe it is
>running IRIX 6.5 and the PROM is version 6.144.
  [ ... ]
>I've tried connecting a null-modem cable to COM1 from an XP PC running
>hyperterminal (9600 8-N-1) but have never been able to get any output
>to the terminal.

Try 19200 or faster on Hyperterminal; I think the rate was upped about
the time the Fuel/O300/O3000 came out.

>                  I've tried with and without the keyboard and mouse
>plugged into the Fuel.  In an attempt to get this working I was
>playing with environment variable in the PROM and may have changed
>something that's caused my current situation.  I set the following:
>console=d
>AutoBoot=No

If you can get to a prompt, try "resetenv". That'll get you back to
defaults and you should be able to boot to a miniroot.
  [ ... ]

Gary

--
Gary Heston  gheston@hiwaay.net   http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

Yoko Onos' former driver tried to extort $2M from her, threating to
"release embarassing recordings...". What, he has a copy of her album?
0
gheston (73)
9/14/2007 1:04:15 AM
On 2007-09-13, matt.thornback@gmail.com <matt.thornback@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having a serious problem booting an SGI Fuel.  I believe it is
> running IRIX 6.5 and the PROM is version 6.144.
>
> The system was working but no one knew the root password.

For future reference... I had a similar problem with an indy running 6.2
a friend of mine gave me some time ago: he forgot to tell me the root
password.

What I did was log in as guest, searched on the web and found out about
a few SGI programs installed as setuid root, which happened to
carelessly exec some program (let's call it "foo") without an absolute
path (apparently there are quite a few of such programs in a default
IRIX installation). Then I just made a symling on tmp called foo,
pointing to /bin/sh and changed PATH to first look at the current
directory (.) and ran that program, which of course happily execed my
link to the shell with root privileges.

--
John Tsiombikas (Nuclear / Mindlapse)
nuclear@siggraph.org
On Sep 13, 9:07 pm, John Tsiombikas <nucl...@siggraph.org> wrote:
> On 2007-09-13, matt.thornb...@gmail.com <matt.thornb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm having a serious problem booting an SGI Fuel.  I believe it is
> > running IRIX 6.5 and the PROM is version 6.144.
>
> > The system was working but no one knew the root password.
>
> For future reference... I had a similar problem with an indy running 6.2
> a friend of mine gave me some time ago: he forgot to tell me the root
> password.
>
> What I did was log in as guest, searched on the web and found out about
> a few SGI programs installed as setuid root, which happened to
> carelessly exec some program (let's call it "foo") without an absolute
> path (apparently there are quite a few of such programs in a default
> IRIX installation). Then I just made a symling on tmp called foo,
> pointing to /bin/sh and changed PATH to first look at the current
> directory (.) and ran that program, which of course happily execed my
> link to the shell with root privileges.
>
> --
> John Tsiombikas (Nuclear / Mindlapse)
> nucl...@siggraph.orghttp://nuclear.demoscene.gr/

Thanks John - that's a great idea!  Too bad I didn't think of
something like that before messing with the PROM!

On Sep 13, 9:04 pm, ghes...@hiwaay.net (Gary Heston) wrote:
> In article <1189686100.525860.250...@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  <matt.thornb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I'm having a serious problem booting an SGI Fuel.  I believe it is
> >running IRIX 6.5 and the PROM is version 6.144.
>   [ ... ]
> >I've tried connecting a null-modem cable to COM1 from an XP PC running
> >hyperterminal (9600 8-N-1) but have never been able to get any output
> >to the terminal.
>
> Try 19200 or faster on Hyperterminal; I think the rate was upped about
> the time the Fuel/O300/O3000 came out.
>
> >                  I've tried with and without the keyboard and mouse
> >plugged into the Fuel.  In an attempt to get this working I was
> >playing with environment variable in the PROM and may have changed
> >something that's caused my current situation.  I set the following:
> >console=d
> >AutoBoot=No
>
> If you can get to a prompt, try "resetenv". That'll get you back to
> defaults and you should be able to boot to a miniroot.
>   [ ... ]
>
> Gary
>
> --
> Gary Heston  ghes...@hiwaay.net  http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
>
> Yoko Onos' former driver tried to extort $2M from her, threating to
> "release embarassing recordings...". What, he has a copy of her album?

Thanks Gary.  I've tried higher baud rates - 38400 works on the L1
port - but still no success.
Do you it's possible that I've disabled both graphical and console
output?

I still haven't managed to get a console connection on the rear serial
ports but I think data is being transferred.  If I try to open a
connection in HyperTerminal while the Fuel is booting the CPU usage on
the PC goes up to 100%.  The only way I've found to free up the CPU is
killing HyperTerm.

Update:

The L1 controller connection is now completely unresponsive in
HyperTerminal! No prompt or anything.

: (

Update:

The L1 controller connection is now completely unresponsive in
HyperTerminal! No prompt or anything.

: (

Willie won't, Willie won't, won't go!
Ah yes, some 70s nostalgia tunes. ...

Files won't display, directory won't delete, drive won't format
After having a few slow-access problems, I ran a virus scan (McAfee) on my D: drive (second HDD, 15Gb). To my surprise, the scan listed a directory and files which I didn't recognise: I didn't note any full pathnames, but a typical one was something like D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21... Dd159.zip . I wondered if this was anything to do with the Recycle bin, despite the fact that I'd emptied it immediately before the scan. No viruses were detected, but when I ran an error check I got the message "the scan could not be completed". As a precaution I decided to ba...

Not can't; won't
Ok, looks like I fibbed about my kiss-off being my last post. I couldn't resist reading the responses via the Google archive to my kiss-off. I'm not subscribed and this really will be my last post, because I'll have said what can/should be said. I feel a need to disabuse the Linux bigots of a few points: - I was doing Linux kernel 0.99 when a number of you hadn't discovered girls yet. Others of you, before you first got laid. - I remembered /etc/fstab from my ancient days. Editing /etc/inittab just to get a NVIDIA driver installed was tedious, not difficult. - I c...

Can't access Yahoo games via proxy and can't access Pop3 mail
Hi... I have two Pc's. One connects directly to the internet while the other PC connects to the one with internet connection. I'm sharing the internet connection via proxy using Wingate. MY question is, how come the other PC can't access Yahoo games ? Is it because of the Java applet ? It states something like firewall and a few other reasons which i can't remember...anyone knows ? And another thing, i can't access my Pop3 mail and Smtp mail server via proxy connection...again...i'm using Wingate. Pls advise. Thanks. Rgds, Kevin ...

Can't access Yahoo games via proxy and can't access Pop3 mail
Hi... I have two Pc's. One connects directly to the internet while the other PC connects to the one with internet connection. I'm sharing the internet connection via proxy using Wingate. MY question is, how come the other PC can't access Yahoo games ? Is it because of the Java applet ? It states something like firewall and a few other reasons which i can't remember...anyone knows ? And another thing, i can't access my Pop3 mail and Smtp mail server via proxy connection...again...i'm using Wingate. Pls advise. Thanks. Rgds, Kevin ...

4000T won't boot won't POST
I've had this problem for a while. Repair guys (no longer servicing Amiga's) said it was a problem with the motherboard not posting. (I believe this is a PC term) Said he got it working somehow by by-passing SCSI and using only IDE. But when returned it still did not work. Even with a new Power supply, nothing seems to power up. Even the floppy doesn't 'flick' (that funny noise it makes upon power-up) Any help appreciated. thanks Phil "Phil Bastien" <pbastien@nnby.net> ha scritto nel messaggio news:c9qtlu0na3@enews1.newsguy.com... > I've had this problem for a while. Repair guys (no longer servicing Amiga's) > said it was a problem with the motherboard not posting. (I believe this is a > PC term) Said he got it working somehow by by-passing SCSI and using only > IDE. But when returned it still did not work. Are you using an X-Calibur accelerator? It is incompatible with the A4091 and, with my configuration, it hangs just after loading its software, when it resets the Amiga. I am curious about how to bypass the SCSI controller in the A4000T... -- ___ __ / __|___ Daniele Gratteri, Italian Commodore-Amiga user... /// | / |__/ Nickname: FIAT1100D - ICQ: 53943994 Ritmo S75 __ /// | \__|__\ Home page: http://www.gratteri.tk forever! \\\/// \___| E-MAIL: daniele@gratteri.tk ...since 1990 \/// ...

What is a difference in 'T t = u' and in 'T t( u )'
Hi, Does anyone can explain me why declarations marked as 1 compile whereas declarations marked as 2 do not compile? The most obvious example is the third one with shared_ptr. It is because of explicite constructor. Am I right? But what about first and second examples? Please notice also that examples second and third are completely different. Constructor calling syntax is right in third but not in second. However assign syntax is right in second example but not in third. #include <boost/assign/list_of.hpp> #include <boost/shared_ptr.hpp> #include <iostream> #include <...

mac won't boot...memberd[58] can't find root user
I am not much of a mac user but was given the task of getting postgresql and an application working on a G4. I successfully installed postgresql from the sourceforge package and got this java application running. The only thing I can think that i did other than the postgresql install is that I reset the root passwd. Everything was working great until I rebooted this morning. The gray screen with the apple appears with the progress pinwheel and nothing happens. I was not able to boot into safe mode. I was able to boot in singleuser mode. When I try and startup from there I see this repeate...

Can't see hard drive/can't boot.
Using an Intel Mac with 2gb ram with updated Leopard. When starting up, the hard drive does its usual whine, then stops, and starts again. I get the Apple logo on the grey background. But it refuses to go further. Just does this over and over. Its like its hitting some block on the startup. So I take that hard drive and try it on another Mac. It sees it perfectly. I try some utilities to test it - tests 100%. It behaves perfectly. Then I take the 2nd hard drive I use all the time on that system (firewire) and plug it into the other Mac. Its invisible. Nothing in the Finder. ...

What's This 1024 Boundry & I Don't Care If it Won't Boot
I use the D: drive for backup. It's a 160gig drive and for some reason it got partitioned to about 130gig. I'm running out of space so I tried to increase it to the maximum (155??) using Partition Magic v8. PM took the instruction and seemed to be proceeding fine. It had to reboot so I left the machine to do chores. When I came back PM had thrown up some kind of error message I didn't understand and when I pressed return to complete the reboot, I saw it had not increased the size. So I went back into PM. Now when I try to resize the partition I get this screen http:...

Can't understand why this won't compile
The problem code: // line 0 template <class T, T* (T::*C)(void) const> class cc { }; // line 6 class e { public: virtual e *clone(void) const; cc<e,&clone> ee(void) const; }; This code causes problems with both Visual C++ 7 (2003) and g++ 2.96. With VC, I get the following error message: c:\Documents and Settings\CJ\My Documents\Projects\Project Grapher\Source Code\Expression.cpp(22): fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 2701) Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++ Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information In g++, I get two different results. Whith the code above, I get the following: test.cpp:12: invalid use of undefined type `class e' test.cpp:8: forward declaration of `class e' test.cpp:12: template argument 2 is invalid test.cpp:12: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `ee' with no type When using &e::clone instead of &clone, g++ reports: test.cpp:12: Internal error: Segmentation fault. (with the same change, VC still has an internal compiler error) Unless, for some reason, I really can't use e from within e (which I know can't be right), I can't see the reason for these error messages. Anyone know what's going on? Should this code not compile anyway? Thanks for you time -CJ contact: http://stude...

Can't shutdown. Won't shutdown.
My Mac Mini, version OSX 10.4.9, refuses to shut down correctly. The monitor displays a grey screen telling me I must switch off the Mini using the power button. I humbly obey but, when I switch on again, an annoying message tells me that the damned thing shut down unexpectedly. A minor and trivial niggle, I'm sure, but is there anything I can do to sort it? "Davo" <u33430@uwe> writes: >My Mac Mini, version OSX 10.4.9, refuses to shut down correctly. The monitor >displays a grey screen telling me I must switch off the Mini using the power >button. This sounds ...

autopsy can't/won't run
All, I'm trying to get the sleuthkit/autopsy suite working on a 4.11 box. sleuthkit dumps data from a partition image fine but when I run autopsy (built either from ports or the sleuthkit site's source tarball I get stuff like this: exists operator argument is not a HASH element at /home/rloef/downloads/autopsy-2.05/lib//Caseman.pm line 2815. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/rloef/downloads/autopsy-2.05/lib//Main.pm line 49. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./autopsy line 58. I've copied all the perl modules into the perl directory, and they're executable. I know no perl. Am I missing a module or a command switch or something? regards, r Begin <1117291718.206777.238090@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> On 2005-05-28, rloef@interfold.com <rloef@interfold.com> wrote: > I'm trying to get the sleuthkit/autopsy suite working on a 4.11 box. > sleuthkit dumps data from a partition image fine but when I run autopsy > (built either from ports or the sleuthkit site's source tarball I get > stuff like this: [perl barfing] I'm guessing here, but it might be that you're using the system perl where you really need a later version. The simplest way around that is to rebuild/reinstall the thing after you've installed a newer perl and selected it with use.perl port. Before you do that, you could try and check sleuthkits docs or website or so, which I haven't done. -- j ...

config.sys corrupted; can't fix; can't start windows 2000
The computer attempts to open windows 2000 pro and gets hung up with the message that winn config.sus is corrupted. I tried booting from the win 2000 cd-rom and then creating floppy boot disks. The computer won't recognize or run off of these. Rename the Config.sys file in the root directly to ConfigOLD.sys. See if the machine will boot without it for now. Any release of NT should be able to. If you work out for sure that the Config.sys file is faulty, you can go in with your text editor, and troubleshoot it. You will need the base knowledge to work in this file. Jerry G. ======== ...

Can't Boot Up - Missing NTSDAPI.dll file
Hello, Someone please help me! I re-booted my computer last night after it hung up, and now it won't start up at all. I'm on Windows XP Home Media Center edition. The message I get after the windows screen is: "lsass.exe can't start...file NTSDAPI.dll missing..." After I click ok throught this message box...nothing. Just a black screen, although my wireless mouse functions fine - I can move my pointer about. Any pointers to get me started on figuring this out would be apprciated, it doesn't have to be a step by stop solution. Thanks!! Anthony Anthony wrote: ...

XP Home on 310n won't boot to Windows; boot disks don't work
Howdy, folks -- been a while since I had a problem I needed help with, but now.... :) A wonderful problem for the mavens. :( I have 2 accounts (Owner & 1 Limited) on a 310n running XP Home. After installing the latest security fix (as owner, obviously <g>), I switched to my kid's limited account to log him off before restarting. Screen went black & did not return to the owner account after a couple of seconds as it normally should have. Cold booting does not work; the machine will not boot to Windows in any mode at all: Normal, Safe/Safe with command prompt, las...

XP Home on 310n won't boot to Windows; boot disks don't work
Howdy, folks -- been a while since I had a problem I needed help with, but now.... :) A wonderful problem for the mavens. :( I have 2 accounts (Owner & 1 Limited) on a 310n running XP Home. After installing the latest security fix (as owner, obviously <g>), I switched to my kid's limited account to log him off before restarting. Screen went black & did not return to the owner account after a couple of seconds as it normally should have. Cold booting does not work; the machine will not boot to Windows in any mode at all: Normal, Safe/Safe with command prompt, last-known-goo...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess. And I guess Ben chose not to print some more to pay for it. On Aug 24, 11:17=A0pm, Del Cecchi <delcec...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > > > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > > have on the Internet now. > > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > > Robert. > > I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. =A0If you are talking about the > death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. > They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on > the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess= .. > > And I guess Ben chose not to print some mor...

Matlab Won't start and I can't uninstall it
Hey guys, Matlab has been working a dream for me on my windows 7 notebook. But I haven't used it for a while and now when i attempt to open Matlab, the icon appears on the start menu bar and then dissapears. If I check in Task Manager it says that Matlab is running and using up to 50% of my CPU, however there is no way I can access the program istelf. In desperation I decided to uninstall and reinstall, however the same thing happened, the uninstaller opened then closed unexpectedly even though Task Manager reported it to still be running. Any ideas? Help would be very much appreciated...

Help: I can't figure out why this won't work
I have a hyperlink on an ASP page that calls another ASP page with the code shown below. This page allows (forces) a user to select a file to be uploaded, then should call a third ASP page that will do the actual upload. What happens is I can enter a file name but the third page doesn't get loaded. I see the upload page being called in the browser when the alert message displays, but then it appears to reload this page. What am I missing??? I should also note that the upload page opens fine if I move the location.href command outside of the function (for testing purposes). <FORM N...

OT: Ah Lawyers. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot them...
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-1024234.html Is Google's cache cutting a cash flow? By Stefanie Olsen CNET News.com July 10, 2003, 7:03 AM PT Quote: "Many of us copyright lawyers have been waiting for this issue to come up: Google is making copies of all the Web sites they index and they're not asking permission," said Fred von Lohman, an attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation. "From a strict copyright standpoint, it violates copyright." * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://rave...

OS X
after a bit of reading, it looks like I did a veeeeery shtupid thing... (I'm copying my post to this newsgroup, as the alt.sys.mac.newuser-help group didn't look quite as highly-trafficked...) anyways, here's what I did... ----------------------------------- in an effort to help the owner of a nice shiny new eMac 'clean up' their personal folder, I moved a few items... including the Library folder! it appears.... correct me if I'm wrong... that Mac OS X then created a NEW library... so we restarted it, and all the Quicken data, dialup info, (etc.) was gone... so we ...

I still can't figure out what server won't share.
I brought the Server home to connect to my P2P network. I haven't added AD to it yet. So now I can work on it with my home network of two w2k's. I renamed the workgroup to my home workgroup name. I then in order to start from scratch, removed the file server setup and also removed the share from the data folder making it a not share. Then, without setting up the File Server function, I just reshared the folder. I checked the attributes of the shared folder and it was Read Only so I unchecked that and applied to sub-folders and files. Strangely, when I came back to it, it was Rea...

third program can't find why it won't work.
I am learning javascript from a book. I admit it is not the easiest or best way, but I wanted to learn and I had the books purchased from awhile back. I have some familiarity with C and HTML and wanted to expand my programming base. I have tried two of the programs in this book and they worked fine. Now on the third one I can't seem to get it to work. I know it is probably something simple but could you give it a look and steer me in the right direction? Here is the code the Script and HTML commands are commented out. I thought is was suppose to return a total value. <!--ml> <he...

Web resources about - SGI Fuel won't boot, can't access PROM - comp.sys.sgi.admin