64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new !

64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit,
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit -
new !

Windows Liberty 64bit                                          8403

Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit Edition                         8764

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit              12 000

IBM DB2 UNIVERSAL CONNECT ENTERPRISE EDITION V8.1.2 64BIT       12 211

IBM DB2 Administration Client V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER            12 266

IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition V8.1.2 64Bit W3KSERVER    12 284

IBM DB2 Connect Applic Server Edition V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER    12 392

IBM DB2 Spatial Extender v8.1 64Bit Multilanguage               12 610

If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up with anything
....,  and for 14,000 more reasons, please send e-mail,

tel4@ath.forthnet.gr, tel2003@pathfinder.gr, astra35@pathfinder.gr,
-1
tel4r1
12/31/2003 1:24:44 PM
comp.sys.sgi.hardware 1558 articles. 0 followers. jbilinkiewicz (2) is leader. Post Follow

64-bit instance on Aix 32 bit kernel / 64 bit hardware
Hi, Is it worth to use 64-bit DB2 instances on a 32-bit kernel, in terms of: - performance - configuration (go beyond the 256 Mb segment for private mem, 1.75 Gb for Bufferpools) - other ? I've seen NIS is not supported, downlevel (64 to 32 bit ?) is not supported .... The "Should I be using DB2 64-bit?" tech note seems confusing: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=71&context=SSEPGG&q1=64-bit&uid=swg21188114&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en It states some restrictions - You can install 64-bit DB2 UDB Version 8 on 32-bit operating syst...

32 bit or 64 bit Oracle on 64 bit OS?
Hello, Currently our environment is on 10g Release 2, OS windows 2000/2003 standard edition 32 bit. We use shared server to take advantage of scalability and connecting maximum no of simultaneous connections to the database. Now we take advantage of memory beyond 4GB we are planning to check following. 64 bit Windows 2003 standard edition on AMD64/EM64T Servers. Do we need to install 64 bit Oracle as well? Do we need to reinstall Oracle clients with 64 bit installable if Oracle Server is upgraded to 64 bit? Is 32 bit Oracle is certified on 64 bit OS? Do we need to take care of any other ...

Run 32-bit and 64-bit listener at the same time on W3K 64-bit
I have Oracle 10.2.0.4-64 bit running on W3K-64-bit. Now I need to run a 32-bit 9.2.0.5 (yes I know, ouch) on this box. I cannot get the listener to work. I use batch file to specifically point to the 9.2 environment, but for some reason it points to the 64-bit version. Any clues? E:\dbscripts>rem set oracle 9.2 environment E:\dbscripts>set ORACLE_HOME=C:\oracle\ora92 E:\dbscripts>set path=C:\oracle\ora92\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;\\CFOLDC1\fopublic\ E:\dbscripts>set TNS_ADMIN=C:\oracle\ora92\network\admin E:\dbscripts>c: C:\...

AIX 64-bit kernel vs. 32-bit with 64-bit extensions
We are in the process of migrating our IDS 7.31 UD4 instance to IDS 9.4FC6. At the same time, we are moving to IBM p630 servers with 2 1.2Ghz Power4 processors with 4G of RAM running on AIX 5.2. We are beginning to test a reorg/migration script which uses distributed SQL queries to move data from our very-interleaved, messy IDS 7 instance to a well-organized IDS 9 instance with big chunks (where needed). In our test, both instances are on separate p630 AIX 5.2 servers connected on the same subnet. We were just told by our AIX admins that our standard mode for the AIX 5.2 servers ...

compiling on 32-bit vs. 64-bit (gcc fails on 64-bit)
On a 64-bit Scientific Linux 5.4 machine, I get the following when I try to compile the basic "Hello world" program: [root]# g++ -Wall hello.cc -o hello /tmp/ccglIDXK.s: Assembler messages: /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:10: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:38: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:55: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:79: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:81: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:85: Error: suffix or operand...

"LoadLibrary" of a 32 bit so with 64 bit java on a 64 bit machine
Hello, I have an x86_64 linux machine. The java installed there is Sun java for linux (64 bit version- Linux x64 Platform - Java(TM) SE Development Kit 6) I have a library (.so) which includes JNI calls. This library was compiled on a 32 bit machine and I don't have it's sources. When running a jar in the usual way, if I try "LoadLibrary" on this machine from the java code I get an error. Is there a way to run the jar in "32 bit mode" on this machine with this 64 bit java ? Which flag to the "java" command should I pass in order to achive this ? Or is...

Installing 64-bit Fedora on a 64-bit PC currently running 32-bit Fedora?
Dear all, I borrowed a Dell Optiplex 745 duo-core PC from my friend who has installed Fedora Core 6. Without the knowledge that the PC actually supports EMT64, the i586 build (32-bit) has been installed. Now I'd like to use the machine to perform some testing that must need 64-bit OS. However, I don't want to reinstall the OS and destroy all data on my friend's PC, and it is unsure if some software my friend uses can work well on 64-bit OS. Therefore I'd like to install a 64-bit (x86_64 build) version of Fedora Core 6 (or Fedora 7) and then dual boot it with the origina...

compile int as 64 bit on a 64 bit machine?
Hello Guys, I was wondering how to compile an int into 64bit mode in a 64 bit machine with gcc. Seems by default the int is treated as 4bytes. Thanks in advance! -Andy W. On Oct 21, 1:40=A0pm, Andy <wherea...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello Guys, > > I was wondering how to compile an int into 64bit mode in a 64 bit > machine with gcc. Seems by default the int is treated as 4bytes. > Thanks in advance! > > -Andy W. Why would you want this? And what do you mean by "64-bit machine?" x86_64? ppc64? sparc? On x86_64 32-bit types are JUST AS FAST to work with a...

64 bit linux and 64 bit icfb executable
Is there a 64 bit icfb executable for linux. Are there any known issues in running 32 bit icfb on 64 bit linux thanks, Sriram On 12 Feb 2007 12:25:14 -0800, "SS" <ssriramiyer@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there a 64 bit icfb executable for linux. > No. Not yet. >Are there any known issues in running 32 bit icfb on 64 bit linux No. > >thanks, >Sriram Regards, Andrew. -- Andrew Beckett Principal European Technology Leader Cadence Design Systems, UK. Thanks Andrew, Sriram On Feb 12, 3:10 pm, Andrew Beckett <andr...@DcEaLdEeTnEcTe.HcIoSm> wrote: > O...

96-bit integer modulo, Athlon64 gcc 64-bit integers, libc codefor 64-bit division, etc.
Hi, To effectively solve a research problem, I need a very fast (sub-microsecond, if possible) method to determine whether one 96-bit integer is an exact multiple of another 96-bit integer. The high-level application is mostly written in Perl and is intended to be portable, but right now I am concentrating on the hardware that I have in-hand, which include 2.4 GHz Xeons, a 1.8 GHz Athlon64 ("3000+), a 1.8GHz Pentium M, and a Mac with a G5 CPU (sorry, I don't know the CPU speed). The x86s (except for the Pentium M) are running Linux, the Pentium M is running Windows XP and the Mac i...

64 bit Fortran compiler test suite .... or how to develop 64 bit compiler test suite?
hello Everybody Hi, I have just ported My Fortran 90 Compiler on IBM AIX-5.3.0.0. Now teh compiler is able to generate 64 bit binaries. And i have also enhanced my FORTRAN compiler to support integer up to 8 bytes(INTEGER*8 or INTEGER(KIND=8). But I don't have test cases how to do proper testing. Actually i am confused about what the meaning of testing 64 bit compiler???? I did not get any free test suit for tesing 64 bit compiler...... I am having FCVS. But it does not cover 64 bit test suite. Can any one tell me from where i acn get 64 bit FORTRAN compiler Test suit????? Or wh...

unsigned 64-bit int / signed 64-bit int
It seems as though java does not have the ability to read or handle unsigned 64-bit integers. Correct me if I am wrong. I am trying to develop an algorithm to bypass this limitation. Suppose I have the usigned 64-bit int "18438013886959845375". This number falls between (2 ^ 64) - 1 and (2 ^ 63) - 1, meaning it is a valid unsigned 64-bit integer, but higher than what java can handle. All I need are the appropriate bits in this number, not the number itself. I can read "18438013886959845375" in as a string correctly. Can anyone help with an algorithm to convert an unsigned...

64-bit porting: A question on TAO 64-bit porting
Hi, I would really appreciate if anyone can help to have a look on a TAO 64-bit porting issue. When we're using 32-bit processes, we're okay. Recently, we start to port our code to 64-bit process, but the process always core dumps. We suspect if the source code generated by tao_idl is 64-bit compatible. ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 TAO VERSION: 1.3.1 HOST MACHINE: SUN Netra 440 OPERATION SYSTEM: Solaris 10 The core dump stack backtrace is as below: COR: Fatal core dump: * This is occurring while in: ACE_Hash_Map_Entry<const char*,void(*)(TAO_ServerRequest&,vo...

x86-64 performance: 32 bit vs 64 bit
Dear All -- In a question that has a vague link to Fortran, can anyone enlighten me whether the new x86-64 architecture exhibits any performance boost in running 64-bit code, as opposed to 32-bit code? I've been labouring under the notion that, in 64-bit mode, the extensions to the x86 instruction set give access to a number of extra general-purpose registers. Since register starvation is one of the historical bottlenecks with the x86 architecture, it follows that 64-bit code will experience a significant performance boost over 32-bit code on the x86-64 platform. This I've ga...

64 bit linux and 64 bit icfb executable #2
Is there a 64 bit icfb executable for linux. Are there any known issues in running 32 bit icfb on 64 bit linux thanks, Sriram ...

Web resources about - 64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new ! - comp.sys.sgi.hardware

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message