ATM Turbo in english?

Hi,

I need to know how much interest is in new ATM-Turbo computers between
English-speaking speccy fans.

I can to a full translation of site and mantain news updates later on. It's
a serious effort, so I'll only commit if there is enough interest.

Thanks!

0
support19 (56)
10/15/2004 1:24:21 AM
comp.sys.sinclair 6096 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Maybe it's a good idea to explain what ATM-Turbo computers are?

PeterV

0
Peter
10/15/2004 8:12:36 AM
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Fri, 15 Oct
2004 10:12:36 +0200, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
yawatina tan reek esk "Peter de Vroomen"
<peterv[at][spamblock]jaytown[dot]com> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>Maybe it's a good idea to explain what ATM-Turbo computers are?

They're super-fast cash machines.

deKay
--
 + Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
 |- ugvm Magazine - www.ugvm.org.uk
deKay <andyk@lofi-gaming.org.uk> writes:

>> Maybe it's a good idea to explain what ATM-Turbo computers are?
> They're super-fast cash machines.

And they are made in Russia, powered by a 3.5 - 7 MHz Z80 and try
to be Spectrum compatible among other things.

In case anyone doesn't know how to use Google, here's a few links:

http://raww.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1892

http://atmturbo.narod.ru/ (warning, slow site and all in Russian)

--
Anders Carlsson
Hi Peter,

ATM Turbo 2+ v7.10 is the most refined example of 8-bit technology. It's
fully compatible with all the software from original ZX Spectrum 128K.
Standard Speccy 128 INT, all the extra ports are locked out in Spectrum 128
mode. It comes with built-in TRDOS controller (aka Beta 128), so you can run
all the demos and games made in Russia, as well as russian TRDOS adaptations
of popular foreign games. It also comes with full support for CP/M, with
hard drive support and everything. Under CP/M, a number of extensions are
available, which made this computer equal or better then PCs of comparable
price back in it's commercial lifetime (1992-1997). There are some games,
made for this extended mode, which look and sound much better then a PC AT
with EGA adapter and AdLib could ever manage (Prince of Persia and Goblins).
All the professional CP/M software runs from hard drive, so no slow floppies
for Turbo Pascal 3.0 programs, your SuperCalc tables or large WordStar
documents. This computer can operate in two modes: 3.5MHz (Normal) and 7.0
MHz (Turbo). It comes with 1MByte of RAM and on-board IDE, Centronics and
RS232 ports. Turbo mode is really great for programming tasks or for demo
coding. ATM Turbo has a protected PLM on board, which wasn't cracked by
pirates durian the hey-days of spectrum clones in Russia. This is why it's
not as distributed as Pentagon. But the quality of design and implementation
is unparalleled. Even the original speccy 128 didn't ever came near this
level of quality.

I don't try to push this platform. It was my dream computer back in 1994,
and I wasn't able to afford it back then (it costed more then four salaries
of my both parents). Now that I'm in Canada, the most wonderful country in
this world, I can afford 1000 ATM-Turbo computes if I want, but I ordered
only two :)

I don't even think western users can truly appreciate this platform, so if
anyone of you is not sure, by all means don't buy it, you're not worthy :)
For selected few who will get their hands on it, I can only say I'm happy
for you, because you've got yourselves the ultimate speccy machine. Sprinter
is faster, but it's not the true silicon, too many things are approximated
with reduced number of logical gates in FPGA.

I realize that term "ATM" sound funny in English, since it's a common
acronim used for the bank machines, but in Russia people aren't familiar
with nuances of English as well as in western world. ATM was the name of the
company, which originally licensed design from MicroArt (designers of ATM
Turbo systems). Both ATM and MicroArt stopped production of Z80 based system
back in 1997 due to onslaught of Pentiums. In 2003 Maxim Timotin, the owner
of russian ATM-Turbo tribute web-site (http://atmturbo.narod.ru/), got the
secred code for PLD and the full board layout from MicroArt. MicroArt
(http://www.microart.com/) still exists, but they are specialized in
industrial strengh electric power generators and universal EEPROM/FLASH/PIC
programmers. Maxim Timotin and his friend Roman Chunin (an experienced
electronics expert with lot's of interest in 8-bit systems) decided to
produce two small prints of last stable revision of ATM Turbo 2+ motherboard
(version 7.10). This version is free of all known errors.

I will translate manuals to english, even though I received some silly
reactions from lonely people trying hard to be funny and failing miserably
at it. I'm sure true Spectrum enthusiats will appreciate the work.

Thanks,

Adrian

"Peter de Vroomen" <peterv[at][spamblock]jaytown[dot]com> wrote in message
> Maybe it's a good idea to explain what ATM-Turbo computers are?
>
> PeterV

0
support19 (56)
10/20/2004 2:06:16 AM
> ATM Turbo 2+ v7.10 is the most refined example of 8-bit technology.

I'd argue that the Sprinter was better, but it's now out of production
so it's a moot point. Also, Richard Kelsh's eZ80 based machine is back
under development and that will be better still when it's finished,
but of course it isn't available yet. Finally I'd argue that the best
Spectrum compatible is my own ZX Spectrum SE (but then I would
wouldn't I) on the grounds that it can emulate every other legal
Spectrum and clone (except the +2A and +3) and that it supports TR-DOS
emulation, etc, etc. Of course you can't buy one of those either, but
it is emulated by FUSE.

> I will translate manuals to english, even though I received some silly
> reactions from lonely people trying hard to be funny and failing miserably
> at it. I'm sure true Spectrum enthusiats will appreciate the work.

What I'd like to know is if the ROMs are real hardware, or whether
they are loaded in software like on the Sprinter. The Sprinter
supported SE Basic in this way. I'd like SE Basic to be compatible
with the ATM Turbo if possible.
0
aoweninoz (369)
10/20/2004 7:59:03 PM
I'm sure ZX Spectrum SE is a nice machine! I don't know anything about this
SE Basic, but I know that you can use a replace ROM IC with a bigger size
one. Possibly there is a way to include this SE Basic in ROM for those who
want this. Unfortunately I don't have EEPROM burner to experiment with this.
Russian coders prefer assembler.

I've translated the HDD CP/M installation guide, next is the giant User
Manual. It'll take a lot of time from me, as I am not a pro techinical
translator.

I heard good news from Roman, he got more orders for ATM Turbo 2+, most are
local, but few from USA. He might even go ahead and print another batch of
boards. I'm trying to pursue him to produce the General Sound card. Original
GS cards from X-Trade are not produced for over five years...

>> ATM Turbo 2+ v7.10 is the most refined example of 8-bit technology.
> I'd argue that the Sprinter was better, but it's now out of production
> so it's a moot point.

Sprinter was great as a new beginning (which never really took off, because
few people ordered, most just chatted about it). However it used a very
small FPGA (about 10K gates) to do too many things (including synthetic AY),
and as a rasult there was cutting corners.

> Also, Richard Kelsh's eZ80 based machine is back
> under development and that will be better still when it's finished,
> but of course it isn't available yet.

Exactly. And who can commit on price or availability now?

> Finally I'd argue that the best
> Spectrum compatible is my own ZX Spectrum SE (but then I would
> wouldn't I) on the grounds that it can emulate every other legal
> Spectrum and clone (except the +2A and +3) and that it supports TR-DOS
> emulation, etc, etc. Of course you can't buy one of those either, but
> it is emulated by FUSE.

I'm sure your project is great, but TRDOS emulation is not a very good
thing, since too many programs use VG93 directly, avoiding firmware. Such
software (mostly disk magazines and games) won't work with TRDOS emulation,
only with real hardware implementation. This is the reason why some TRDOS
software doesn't work on Kvorum 128+ (another cool russian clone from
mid-90s).

> What I'd like to know is if the ROMs are real hardware, or whether
> they are loaded in software like on the Sprinter. The Sprinter
> supported SE Basic in this way. I'd like SE Basic to be compatible
> with the ATM Turbo if possible.

From what I know, you can either replace the ROM chip with a bigger one (by
default is 128K, the socket can work with 512K chips). Or you can use the
flexible memory mapper to load up your rom in page 0 (this is used to run
CP/M already).

0
support19 (56)
10/22/2004 2:54:33 AM
"dhau" <support@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<41787669$1@news.nnrp.ca>...

> I'm sure your project is great, but TRDOS emulation is not a very good
> thing, since too many programs use VG93 directly, avoiding firmware. Such
> software (mostly disk magazines and games) won't work with TRDOS emulation,
> only with real hardware implementation. This is the reason why some TRDOS
> software doesn't work on Kvorum 128+ (another cool russian clone from
> mid-90s).

Actually, the Spectrum SE doesn't emulate TR-DOS, but the hardware
calls are trapped so most software you describe will work with it -
the downside is that at present you need a Timex FDD disk drive and
you have to be running ZXVGS operating system for TR-DOS support, but
in theory you could get it to work with other hardware like ZXCF.

> From what I know, you can either replace the ROM chip with a bigger one (by
> default is 128K, the socket can work with 512K chips). Or you can use the
> flexible memory mapper to load up your rom in page 0 (this is used to run
> CP/M already).

SE Basic could run in RAM then.
0
aoweninoz (369)

what does "sinclair" mean in English ?
does that word something mean, or is it evolved from something that does something mean ? B On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 17:30:18 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin' to MC : > Sinclair is a name, if you want to understand the etymology of it, you need > to understand that english evolves over time. > > Names based initially on real words sometimes get shortened and/or > distorted. > > Sinclair seems to me to be a contraction of Saint Claire. > > Seems to be the most obvious derivation anyway. Backed up by http://genealogy.about.com/library/surnames/s/bl_name-SINCLAIR.htm Definition: Taken from the hermit St. Clare or St. Clere, this derivation of the St. Claire surname comes from the Latin "clarus," meaning 'pure, renowned, illustrious.' Surname Origin: Scottish, English Alternate Surname Spellings: SINCLAIRE, SINCLAR, ST CLAIR, SINKLER -- +-------------------------------------------+ | Unsatisfactory Software - "because it is" | | http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk | | Your Sinclair: A Celebration | +- http://www.yoursinclair.co.uk -----------+ DISCLAIMER: I may be making all this stuff up again. Bohus Kr�l <bohusk@host.sk> did eloquently scribble: > does that word something mean, or is it evolved from something that does > something mean ? Sinclair is a name, if you want to understand the etymology of it, you need to understand that english evolves over time. ...

The UK World Of Spectrum and Como.sys.sinclair meet
Well, it had to happen sometime... Plans are afoot for a big meet next year for all specchums! Right now, voting is taking place for everyone's favourite place, day and time for the meet... http://www.hippykillers.gameguild.co.uk/meet/ So get voting! The page is there until New years eve. Get saving too! I feel that much alcyhol will be consumed! -- **************The Starglider*************** Public E-Mail. * http://www.starglider.dynu.com/radio * Ask for private * Starglider Radio - listen and enjoy! * address. * E-Mail:the_starglider2002@wibble.co.uk * _WW_ * CHANGE WIBBLE TO YAHOO TO REPLY * /_ _\ ******************************************* | O O | _____________________________________________________oOO_\/_OOo_____ And before anyone comments... yes I spelt "comp" wrong in the header! I've just woken up! -- **************The Starglider*************** Public E-Mail. * http://www.starglider.dynu.com/radio * Ask for private * Starglider Radio - listen and enjoy! * address. * E-Mail:the_starglider2002@wibble.co.uk * _WW_ * CHANGE WIBBLE TO YAHOO TO REPLY * /_ _\ ******************************************* | O O | _____________________________________________________oOO_\/_OOo_____ As an additional, don't vote for the month of January. It may be removed as it's soo close to xmas and money...

Is there any english grammar for english parser.
hi all, i am a new comer of NLP. i am doing a research in language translation (from english to myanmar language). The firsh step of my thesis is to implement an english language parser to parse input english language into its AST form. Is there any english grammar rules to use in english language parser(compiler)? thanks in advance. sincerely, noesis AST (augmented syntax trees) sounds like you are working from some /very/ old literature. I haven't heard about them since the 80's. Your thesis is going to be much harder than it sounds like you are ready f...

need assistance in designing brushless excitation sys fo turbo genrators
some one please help me out in designing brushless excitation system for turbo generators using simulink. ...

english
En Sat, 15 Nov 2008 07:27:47 -0200, Indian <write2ab...@gmail.com> escribi=F3: ...(I don't get what the above code is supposed to perform) You're right, unit tests should run without user intervention. So in principle, the function being tested should not call a dialog box directly. There are several strategies to deal with that, as a general... more =BB By Gabriel Genellina ...

sys
computer common oriented http://www.freewebs.com/buildem/ http://amigos.com/go/g904313-pmem ...

English
Hi American friends, Please don't use slang, there are many non-Americans on this list. Let's keep our conversations in plain US-English. Regards - Jim. -- Jim Groeneveld, Netherlands Statistician, SAS consultant home.hccnet.nl/jim.groeneveld On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 03:20:53 -0000, <.........> wrote: >yes whateer [he] told is absolutely correct... the example will >show output for single variable.... >u can try something like below [.........] >this is a general idea ... u can use according to ur situation [.........] ...

sys
Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle programming ok here? Bill Bill Cunningham <nospam@nspam.com> wrote: > Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle > programming ok here? If you want to discuss how IPC and pipes are implemented in the kernel it's completely ok. But if you're interested in how to use IPC or pipes from a userland program then posting to e.g. comp.unix.programmer or comp.os.linux.development.apps will probably make a lot more sense. R...

ATM
Can anyone tell me the role of ATM Adaptation Layer ...

com.sys and usbser.sys question
I got a question, for those knowing more about that matter than myself, which shouldn't be hard ;-) Temporarily having 2 phone lines at my disposal, I wanted to put my old modem back to use as a phone number dialer, using the BonusPack PIM Phonebook application. But I had quite some trouble to get my COM1 port to work at all with any comm application. It finally turned out, that COM.SYS has to be loaded before USBSER.SYS, since otherwise USBSER.SYS is hijacking COM1 unnoticed. Now, in the order shown below, it assigns itself to COM6 (if not remed out), but COM1 still d...

SYS$SPECIFIC and SYS$COMMON not enough?
Basically, the idea is that stuff specific to a given node will be in its SYS$SPECIFIC directory and stuff common to all nodes (satellites or not) booting from the same system disk will be in SYS$COMMON. A good idea as far as it goes, but does it go far enough? In particular, there are two additional categories, which I'll give the obvious names SYS$CLUSTER and SYS$WORLD. SYS$CLUSTER would include stuff common to all nodes in a cluster, i.e. would differ from SYS$COMMON if there is more than one system disk in the cluster. The obvious place for this stuff is somewhere which is not on ANY system disk. SYS$MANAGER:SYLOGICALS.TEMPLATE provides (at least in newer versions of VMS, starting with 7.2 I believe) a list of at least the most common candidates among VMS system files. Add to this procedures to mount disks in a cluster, SYLOGIN.COM etc. (Obviously, I'm thinking of a cluster where as much as possible is shared.) SYS$WORLD, on the other hand, would include stuff which is common to ALL VMS system disks in the world, e.g. the executables used by VMS itself. Obviously, this should be on EVERY system disk. Put another way, the current SYS$COMMON is a mixture of stuff common to all nodes which boot from that disk, stuff common to all VMS systems in the world and, if the stuff is not located somewhere else (pointed to by logicals in the case of VMS system files), stuff common to all nodes in the cluster (perhaps duplicated on more than one system...

SYSMAN: No SYS$SCRATCH/SYS$LOGIN ?
$ mc sysman SYSMAN> set env/node=velo %SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment: Individual nodes: VELO Username JFMEZEI will be used on nonlocal nodes SYSMAN> do show log sys$scratch %SYSMAN-I-OUTPUT, command execution on node VELO %SHOW-S-NOTRAN, no translation for logical name SYS$SCRATCH SYSMAN> There is also no SYS$LOGIN defined. (VAX 7,3 and Alpha 8.3) What is the reason behind the lack of those logicals ? JF Mezei wrote: > $ mc sysman > SYSMAN> set env/node=velo > %SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment: > Individual nodes:...

com.sys & vcom.sys
It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I did it yesterday I forgot to de-select Ray Gwinn's com drivers. After installation I removed the entries from config.sys and un-remmed com.sys and vcom.sys but they won't load. I checked and it's in c:/os2/boot. What's the cure? :-) Wayne -- While the e-mail address in this post is genuine it is only used as a spamtrap. Any mail sent to me at this address will be considered to be spam and deleted without being read. Wayne wrote: > It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I > did it yesterday I forgot to de-select Ray Gwinn's com > drivers. After installation I removed the entries from > config.sys and un-remmed com.sys and vcom.sys but they > won't load. I checked and it's in c:/os2/boot. What's > the cure? :-) They must come after mouse/vmouse/pointdd device drivers in the config.sys file. Stu/2 On Tuesday 05 Oct 2004 17:06 Stewart Buckingham wrote: >> It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I >> did it yesterday I forgot to de-select Ray Gwinn's com >> drivers. After installation I removed the entries from >> config.sys and un-remmed com.sys and vcom.sys but they >> won't load. I checked and it's in c:/os2/boot. What's >> the cure? :-) > > They must come after mouse/vmouse/pointdd device drivers in the > config.sys file. I believe they are, I checked while I was...

Timex, Sinclair and Sinclair QL users...
Check this out: http://tinyurl.com/6s6r93 !! There's a lot of rare stuff on that auction! Shame the seller wants to sell it all in one go. On Dec 12, 1:06=A0am, zxbruno <zxspectrum...@gmail.com> wrote: > Check this out: > > http://tinyurl.com/6s6r93 > > !! > > There's a lot of rare stuff on that auction! Shame the seller wants to > sell it all in one go. I hope whoever gets it perserves the software. There's precious little Timex software out there. The hardware is less interesting. ...

How to get Sinclair programs off the net and into my Sinclair(s) ?
How do you take the Sinclair programs that are on the net, and get them into a audio file to load into a Sinclair? I would like to put some on a CD, or better yet on my iPod. Thanks. http://www.katmandew.com/Timex-Sinclair.htm KatManDEW <donwise@clover.net> wrote: > How do you take the Sinclair programs that are on the net, and get > them into a audio file to load into a Sinclair? I would like to put > some on a CD, or better yet on my iPod. If they're in tzx format, you can play them into an emulator and take the sound output and pipe it directly to a tape or a spectrum. -- | spike1@freenet.co.uk | Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a | | | graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit | | Andrew Halliwell BSc | operating system originally coded for a 4 bit | | in |microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that| | Computer Science | can't stand 1 bit of competition. | On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 23:43:50 +0000, Andrew Halliwell <spike1@ponder.sky.com> wrote: >KatManDEW <donwise@clover.net> wrote: >> How do you take the Sinclair programs that are on the net, and get >> them into a audio file to load into a Sinclair? I would like to put >> some on a CD, or better yet on my iPod. > >If they're in tzx format, you can play them into an emulator and take the >sound output and pipe it directly to a tape or a spectrum. Thanks f...

problem with reload(sys) (doing reload on the sys module)
Python 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information. **************************************************************** Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback interface. This connection is not visible on any external interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet. **************************************************************** IDLE 1.1.2 >&g...

FA: Spectrum mags, Sinclair User and Your Sinclair.
Hi Please take a look: http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=x-frankie-x&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50 At a start price of only �0.99 Bye. -- Michael Bruhn aka Frankie frankiex at domain webspeed.dk ...

sys.stdout / sys.stderr, subprocess, redirection
Hello, I have a piece of code that gets run in a script that has its stdout closed: import sys sys.stdout = sys.stderr c = subprocess.Popen (..., stdin = subprocess.PIPE, stdout = subprocess.PIPE, stderr = subprocess.STDOUT) and this is what I get: Sending SVNR/permissions Transmitting file data .svn: Commit failed (details follow): svn: 'pre-commit' hook failed with error output: Traceback (most recent call last): (...) File ".../__init__.py", line 40, in run stderr...

sys/processor.h sys/loadavg.h in linux?
I have a program I wrote for Solaris. I am trying to port the program to linux. One of the problems I am having is attaining hardware information on the machine. Using sys/processor.h on solaris, I am able to num cpu's and clock speed. Using sys/loadavg.h, I am able to get the load avg u/s/i. I can still get mem, and free mem from sysconf, that is ok. I would rather not parse through /proc/cpuinfo! TIA, ~S ...

Difference in setting up ATM 0 or ATM 0.1
Can you tell me te difference in setting one of them in a 837? Which are the conseguences in setting an IP address on a ATM0 and the pvc on ATM0.1 (for example) or viceversa? Alex. ...

DADCONF.NET.SYS is created by JCONFJOB.NET.SYS
Never mind the question about DADCONF.NET.SYS. I found the following: http://docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/fsearch/framedisplay?top=/mpeix/onlinedocs/30 216-90325/30216-90325_top.html&con=/mpeix/onlinedocs/30216-90325/00/00/6 8-con.html&toc=/mpeix/onlinedocs/30216-90325/00/00/68-toc.html&searchter ms=dadconf.net.sys&queryid=20041022-080827 For the network to work correctly, stream JCONFJOB. :STREAM JCONFJOB.NET.SYS The JCONFJOB.NET.SYS stream is required for all systems. It includes information files that describe the supported set of servers and services. These information fi...

Turbo code gain using turbo-coprocessor in C6416
According to the TI's turbo-coprocessor(TCP) datasheet, the turbo code can provide tremendous coding gain approximating to the Shannon limit, and in another TI's document which evaluates the TCP performance, the hardware decoder can generate nearly the same BER performance as the software decoder( in that document, BPSK modulation and some AWGN channel parameters are used). But in my project, the code gain is so poor. I use CPM modulation. After demodulation, the input data of the TCP is binary bit stream, so soft decision and quantized are not needed. But how can I estimate the scalin...

[9fans] hg mirror of /sys/src and /sys/include
Hi, I started mirroring /sys/src and /sys/include into an hg repository regularly, usually daily. The tree is available at http://code.google.com/p/plan9os. hg clone https://plan9os.googlecode.org/hg/ plan9 should do the trick to clone a copy. Hopefully this will be useful, -- vs ...

Re: SYS$SPECIFIC and SYS$COMMON not enough? #2
> How weird - we did this as a different excercise to do upgrades off > line on the read only stuff, and swap it back in quickly. We also have > a third party product root to keep our own/third party stuff out of > SYS$SYSDEVICE:[VMS$COMMON...] tree, like a "/usr/local...". > > H sh lo sys$sysroot > "SYS$SYSROOT" = "$9$DKA0:[SYS0.]" (LNM$SYSTEM_TABLE) > = "SYS$COMMON:" > 1 "SYS$COMMON" = "CLU$COMMON:" (LNM$SYSTEM_TABLE) > = "VMS$COMMON:" > = "OUR$COMMON:" > 2 "CLU$COMMON" = "$9$DKA0:[SYS0.CLUCOMMON.]" (LNM$SYSTEM_TABLE) > 2 "VMS$COMMON" = "$9$DKA0:[SYS0.SYSCOMMON.]" (LNM$SYSTEM_TABLE) > 2 "OUR$COMMON" = "$9$DKA0:[SYS0.OURCOMMON.]" (LNM$SYSTEM_TABLE) > > > $! R.P. Young 26-Jun-1991 > $! > $! Added cluster support to our environment by making > $! SYS$COMMON a search list, by including a CLU$COMMON > $! and moving OUR$COMMON from SYS$SYSROOT search list > $! to the SYS$COMMON search list. The CLU$COMMON is > $! required for non buildable cluster specific files > $! such As SYSUAF.DAT. Some questions: Why CLU$COMMON before VMS$COMMON in the search list? Logically, I would think one should first search in SYS$SPECIFIC (as you do), then in VMS$COMMON, then CLU$...

Web resources about - ATM Turbo in english? - comp.sys.sinclair

English Russia » Daily entertainment news from Russia. In English!
Interesting news from Russia in English language.

English Civil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The English Civil War (1642–1651), often referred to as The Civil War in Great Britain, was a series of armed conflicts and political machinations ...

English import Jade Clarke set for baptism of fire with Thunderbirds - AdelaideNow Search Search
ENGLISH import Jade Clarke faces a hectic weekend of action at the Auckland pre-season this week as the Adelaide Thunderbirds seek to fast track ...

NRL: English pair hold the key as Raiders look to continue unbeaten run
Can the Canberra Raiders continue their unbeaten start to the season against Gold Coast Titans at Canberra Stadium on Saturday afternoon?

Baptism of fire for English Rose
ENGLISH import Jade Clarke faces a hectic weekend of action at the Auckland pre-season this week as the Adelaide Thunderbirds seek to fast track ...

Education letters: year 12 English text, No Sugar, a giant stretch for EAL students
The Year 12 English syllabus needs to include texts that are challenging and interesting but also with a level and style of English that migrant ...

Al Jazeera English
The incredible story of 18 cows that became Israel's most wanted fugitives and symbols of Palestinian resistance.

How far back in time could you go and still understand English?
The droghte of March hath perced to the roote.* [via reddit] *Chaucer, "The Canterbury Tales", 1389

An Oxford grad and a JP Morgan intern are building a startup that helps pre-school children learn English ...
... graduate Toby Mather and UCL computer science graduate Adit Trivedi, Lingumi has built a platform that helps pre-school children to learn English ...

This Woman is on a Mission to, You Know, Save the English Language
It’s great when you get to see a friend take an idea from “there oughta be an app” to completion. Audrey Mann Cronin identified a problem. As ...