CPM for Sinclair?

Since the Sinclair was Z80 based, was there ever a version of CP/M made?

Or were they too 'non standard' to pull that off?
0
Ziggy1 (89)
9/27/2005 1:05:19 AM
comp.sys.sinclair 6096 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In message <jV0_e.368200$x96.188556@attbi_s72>, Ziggy
<Ziggy@faked-address.com> writes
>Since the Sinclair was Z80 based, was there ever a version of CP/M made?
>
>Or were they too 'non standard' to pull that off?

Yes this was/is available for the Plus 3 which could be configured to
have 64K of addressable RAM. The display is a bit naff as you have a 32
or 51 character wide window on an 80 column screen.

Distribution is denied as it is still on sale (or was in 2001).
Use "Locomotive" in InfoSeek on WOS to find out more and read Crash
magazine reviews.

--
Geoff Wearmouth
0

Of course, Sam had a version called Pro Dos....:-)

Brian

Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

"Geoff Wearmouth" <geoff@wearmouth.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In message <jV0_e.368200$x96.188556@attbi_s72>, Ziggy
> <Ziggy@faked-address.com> writes
>>Since the Sinclair was Z80 based, was there ever a version of CP/M made?
>>
>>Or were they too 'non standard' to pull that off?
>
> Yes this was/is available for the Plus 3 which could be configured to have
> 64K of addressable RAM. The display is a bit naff as you have a 32 or 51
> character wide window on an 80 column screen.
>
> Distribution is denied as it is still on sale (or was in 2001).
> Use "Locomotive" in InfoSeek on WOS to find out more and read Crash
> magazine reviews.
>

> --
> Geoff Wearmouth

0
Briang1 (1214)
9/27/2005 8:44:34 AM

Brian Gaff wrote:
> Was there also not a version for the Timex with its disc drive, which had,

There's also the CS-DISK interface for the vanilla Spectrum:
http://mdfs.net/Software/Spectrum/CS-DISK/Screen.htm

--
JGH

0
jgh2 (975)
9/27/2005 5:29:44 PM
Geoff Wearmouth wrote:
> In message <jV0_e.368200$x96.188556@attbi_s72>, Ziggy
> <Ziggy@faked-address.com> writes
>
>> Since the Sinclair was Z80 based, was there ever a version of CP/M made?
>>
>> Or were they too 'non standard' to pull that off?
>

> Yes this was/is available for the Plus 3 which could be configured to
> have 64K of addressable RAM. The display is a bit naff as you have a 32
> or 51 character wide window on an 80 column screen.
>
> Distribution is denied as it is still on sale (or was in 2001).
> Use "Locomotive" in InfoSeek on WOS to find out more and read Crash
> magazine reviews.

I found it for download, entirely by chance, on a Spanish website about
a year ago. I have no idea if it's still there, nor can I remember the
name of the site.

--
Alex Taylor.
Geoff Wearmouth wrote:

> In message <jV0_e.368200$x96.188556@attbi_s72>, Ziggy
> <Ziggy@faked-address.com> writes
>>Since the Sinclair was Z80 based, was there ever a version of CP/M made?
>>
>>Or were they too 'non standard' to pull that off?
>
> Yes this was/is available for the Plus 3 which could be configured to
> have 64K of addressable RAM. The display is a bit naff as you have a 32
> or 51 character wide window on an 80 column screen.
>
> Distribution is denied as it is still on sale (or was in 2001).
> Use "Locomotive" in InfoSeek on WOS to find out more and read Crash
> magazine reviews.

Looks like its 9.95 ( i assume ponuds ).

I wonder if it would work on a ZX81 type with 64k ram.
0
Ziggy1 (89)
9/27/2005 9:07:16 PM
Geoff Wearmouth wrote:

> Yes this was/is available for the Plus 3 which could be configured to
> have 64K of addressable RAM. The display is a bit naff as you have a 32
> or 51 character wide window on an 80 column screen.

I recently make some brain noise about the posibility of writing a cp/m
version for the spectrum from scratch. At least in theory the only
requirements are to take the cp/m sources freely avaliable, write a bios
for it, and some form of loader to bootstrap. And can even be done in
parts, starting with cp/m 2, wothout need to banking routines expect for
booting, and later enhancing if for cp/m plus.

But I don't have enough time and interest to do it. Someone tempted by the
idea?

--
Salu2
0
> I recently make some brain noise about the posibility of writing a cp/m
> version for the spectrum from scratch. At least in theory the only
> requirements are to take the cp/m sources freely avaliable, write a bios
> for it, and some form of loader to bootstrap

Am I wrong in thinking that CP/M requires RAM in the 0-16k address range.
Hence the only Spectrum model capable of running it without hardware
modification is the +2A/+3?

MikeW

0
mikeywyn (407)
9/27/2005 10:05:25 PM
Mike Wynne wrote:

> "Juli�n Albo" wrote...
>> I recently make some brain noise about the posibility of writing a cp/m
>> version for the spectrum from scratch. At least in theory the only
>> requirements are to take the cp/m sources freely avaliable, write a bios
>> for it, and some form of loader to bootstrap
>
> Am I wrong in thinking that CP/M requires RAM in the 0-16k address range.
> Hence the only Spectrum model capable of running it without hardware
> modification is the +2A/+3?
>
> MikeW

That is my understanding, it must be available at the low end of the memory
map. ( from a similar discussion over on the cpm group )

My intention was ( hopefully ) to build a ZX out of a FPGA and write/get CPM
for it.

I dont know if the bios is documented enough to make it easy to write one or
not however.
0
Ziggy1 (89)
9/27/2005 11:11:02 PM
Mike Wynne wrote:

> Am I wrong in thinking that CP/M requires RAM in the 0-16k address range.

Yes. But this can be modified, there is at least one version of cp/m
modified to use higher addresses. The inconvenient is that almost all
programs must be reassembled, standard cp/m versions will not work.

> Hence the only Spectrum model capable of running it without hardware
> modification is the +2A/+3?

Yes. But also a disk is required, so it will not be capable even without the
addressing problem.

--
Salu2
0
Mike Wynne wrote:

> Am I wrong in thinking that CP/M requires RAM in the 0-16k address range.
> Hence the only Spectrum model capable of running it without hardware
> modification is the +2A/+3?

The Spectrum SE and the Scorpion also have RAM available in the 0-16K
address range - this is also possible on any Spectrum with a
ZXCF/ZXATASP interface plugged in. In theory you could also use a
custom ROM cart for the Interface II to address this issue.

The CP/M versions I'm aware of are CP/M 3.0 (CP/M Plus) for the +3,
CP/M 2.2 for the Timex machines (using the hi-res screen mode), Jarek
Adamski's version of CP/M 2.2 for machines using his own OS, CS-DISK
which essentially uses the top 32K of RAM for CP/M by moving all the
addresses up from 0x0000, and also allows you to LOAD/SAVE etc from
BASIC via CP/M which is a nice feature.

Yes you do need a disk system to make CP/M worthwhile and I know Garry
Lancaster was looking at the possibilities of doing this as an
alternative OS for ZXCF/ZXATASP. It would also be possible in theory on
divIDE, since that also has RAM in the 0-16K address range. Although
CP/M 3.0 has a few extra goodies, it seems CP/M 2.2 has most of the
software so that would be the one to go for.

Personally I'd like to see a version that runs on the ZX Spectrum SE,
emulated under FUSE, which I suppose would use ZXCF or ZXATASP until
divIDE emulation gets added, since you have the benefit of being able
to page shadow RAM over the screen area, and the hi-res screen from the
Timex.

0
aoweninoz (369)
9/29/2005 8:46:30 AM
Mike Wynne wrote:
> Am I wrong in thinking that CP/M requires RAM in the 0-16k address range.
> Hence the only Spectrum model capable of running it without hardware
> modification is the +2A/+3?

Modification is such a strong word, none of the machines
need to be opened up and modified -- it's a straightforward
exercise to add 16K ram in the 0-16k area with an addon.

Alvin

0
A936 (148)
9/29/2005 5:48:04 PM
<aoweninoz@yahoo.com.au> wrote...
>  In theory you could also use a custom ROM cart for the Interface II
> to address this issue.

Go on, you'll have to explain this one to me...

MikeW

0
mikeywyn (407)
9/29/2005 5:59:31 PM
Mike Wynne wrote:
> <aoweninoz@yahoo.com.au> wrote...
> >  In theory you could also use a custom ROM cart for the Interface II
> > to address this issue.
>
> Go on, you'll have to explain this one to me...

Well, as Alvin said, you don't need to modify the machines which don't
have RAM in the first 16K of memory, you just need to page out the ROM
via the ROM/CS line on the edge connector, which is how the Interface
II ROM carts work. You could design a whole new interface or you could
just come up some hardware that attaches to the Interface II via the
ROM port. Of course it's not 100% straight forward since if you just
put RAM in place of the ROM you end up with 64K of memory and a
computer that sits there doing nothing since there is no OS. The trick
would be to use battery-backed RAM or equivalent with CP/M preinstalled
- then no additional paging circuitry would be required. That's
assuming CP/M 2.2 fits into 16K of memory. Otherwise you'd just have to
put a simple BIOS there to boot CP/M from disk.

0
aoweninoz (369)
9/30/2005 8:36:53 AM
<aoweninoz@yahoo.com.au> wrote...
> Mike Wynne wrote:
>> <aoweninoz@yahoo.com.au> wrote...
>> >  In theory you could also use a custom ROM cart for the Interface II
>> > to address this issue.
>>
>> Go on, you'll have to explain this one to me...
>
> Well, as Alvin said, you don't need to modify the machines which don't
> have RAM in the first 16K of memory, you just need to page out the ROM
> via the ROM/CS line on the edge connector, which is how the Interface
> II ROM carts work. You could design a whole new interface or you could
> just come up some hardware that attaches to the Interface II via the
> ROM port. Of course it's not 100% straight forward since if you just
> put RAM in place of the ROM you end up with 64K of memory and a
> computer that sits there doing nothing since there is no OS. The trick
> would be to use battery-backed RAM or equivalent with CP/M preinstalled
> - then no additional paging circuitry would be required. That's
> assuming CP/M 2.2 fits into 16K of memory. Otherwise you'd just have to
> put a simple BIOS there to boot CP/M from disk.

If only everything in life was so simple...

First, there's no write line on the ROM socket of the interface 2 which
makes using it for RAM little complicated.  There are ways round this, but
to put 16k of RAM in there would be a feat unto itself.

Secondly, you will need some form of bank switching.  As you know, the Z80
starts executing code at address 0 when it it turned on.  Therefore at power
up, you need code to execute low in memory.  The problem with CP/M is that
user programs are also loaded low in memory (At address 0x100 iirc).

What CP/M does is, at power up, the BIOS ROM is paged in low memory.  The
first thing it does is copy itself to high memory and page the ROM out
leaving low memory free for applications.

Another issue would be the screen.  With the screen at address 0x4000 and
normal CP/M applications loading at 0x100, the largest program you could run
would be just less than 16k.

MikeW

0
mikeywyn (407)
9/30/2005 12:11:13 PM
Sinclair PC200 512k (V1.5) on 30 September 2005
: Another issue would be the screen.  With the screen at address 0x4000 and
: normal CP/M applications loading at 0x100, the largest program you could
: run would be just less than 16k.

  Actually, rather less than that. The memory layout of CP/M has the BIOS
at the top of memory, with the machine-independent BDOS and CCP below it.
The BDOS is 0E00h bytes long, and the CCP is 0800h bytes long. In order
to stop programs being loaded on top of the screen, we would need the BDOS
to start at least 256 bytes before the screen, so that gives us
3F00: BIOS
3100: BDOS
2900: CCP
0100: Program

  and a maximum program size of 2800h bytes, or 10k. Not a lot. I suppose
you could get the 16k by having CP/M itself up at the top of memory, and
a dummy module loaded which occupies all memory from 3F00h to the base
of the CCP:

F800: BIOS
EA00: BDOS
E200: CCP
3F00: Great big RSX which has no function except to make the apparent top
     of memory be below 4000h
0100: Program

  Obviously on a 128, we can move the screen to 0C000h which is a bit more
practical. It might even be possible to page it out.

--
---------------------------       ,@@.   ,@@.             TRYMON  BEAR  1
John Elliott              |    o  @@@@   @@@@                \\.....\_O_
John Elliott wrote:

> : Another issue would be the screen.  With the screen at address 0x4000
> : and normal CP/M applications loading at 0x100, the largest program you
> : could run would be just less than 16k.
>
>   Actually, rather less than that. The memory layout of CP/M has the BIOS
> at the top of memory, with the machine-independent BDOS and CCP below it.
> The BDOS is 0E00h bytes long, and the CCP is 0800h bytes long. In order
> to stop programs being loaded on top of the screen, we would need the BDOS
> to start at least 256 bytes before the screen, so that gives us
> 3F00: BIOS
> 3100: BDOS
> 2900: CCP
> 0100: Program

Some tweaking can be done. Few programs depends of the size of the bdos or
the bios, if none of them is required, the screen memory can be faked as
part of one or the other, with some changes in the sources and a loader a
bit more complicated than usual.

--
Salu2
0
Mike Wynne wrote:

> If only everything in life was so simple...

Ok, forget the IF2 solution. It's probably easier to build a new
interface with a ROM and 16K of RAM and some paging system than adapt
the IF2.  But several devices that do this already exist, for instance
it is possible to modify a Multiface to provide 16K RAM from 0x0000.

> Another issue would be the screen.  With the screen at address 0x4000 and
> normal CP/M applications loading at 0x100, the largest program you could run
> would be just less than 16k.

True, but not an issue on the 128 or the SE, where you can simply
switch to the other bank of screen memory. The only solution I can
think of for the 48K machine would involve outputting the display in
terminal format through an RS232 interface and hooking up a suitable
monitor to that. On the plus side you'd get a full size display. 80
columns really isn't possible on the 128s 256x192 display, although
it's do-able on the SE's 512x192 display using a 6x8 font.

0
aoweninoz (369)

Timex, Sinclair and Sinclair QL users...
Check this out: http://tinyurl.com/6s6r93 !! There's a lot of rare stuff on that auction! Shame the seller wants to sell it all in one go. On Dec 12, 1:06=A0am, zxbruno <zxspectrum...@gmail.com> wrote: > Check this out: > > http://tinyurl.com/6s6r93 > > !! > > There's a lot of rare stuff on that auction! Shame the seller wants to > sell it all in one go. I hope whoever gets it perserves the software. There's precious little Timex software out there. The hardware is less interesting. ...

FA: Spectrum mags, Sinclair User and Your Sinclair.
Hi Please take a look: http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=x-frankie-x&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50 At a start price of only �0.99 Bye. -- Michael Bruhn aka Frankie frankiex at domain webspeed.dk ...

How to get Sinclair programs off the net and into my Sinclair(s) ?
How do you take the Sinclair programs that are on the net, and get them into a audio file to load into a Sinclair? I would like to put some on a CD, or better yet on my iPod. Thanks. http://www.katmandew.com/Timex-Sinclair.htm KatManDEW <donwise@clover.net> wrote: > How do you take the Sinclair programs that are on the net, and get > them into a audio file to load into a Sinclair? I would like to put > some on a CD, or better yet on my iPod. If they're in tzx format, you can play them into an emulator and take the sound output and pipe it directly to a tape or a spectrum. -- | spike1@freenet.co.uk | Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a | | | graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit | | Andrew Halliwell BSc | operating system originally coded for a 4 bit | | in |microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that| | Computer Science | can't stand 1 bit of competition. | On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 23:43:50 +0000, Andrew Halliwell <spike1@ponder.sky.com> wrote: >KatManDEW <donwise@clover.net> wrote: >> How do you take the Sinclair programs that are on the net, and get >> them into a audio file to load into a Sinclair? I would like to put >> some on a CD, or better yet on my iPod. > >If they're in tzx format, you can play them into an emulator and take the >sound output and pipe it directly to a tape or a spectrum. Thanks f...

SINCLAIR ZX81 'n TIMEX-SINCLAIR 1000/1500
Bonjour, We now have 2 NEW ZX81/TS1000 web sites, 2 NEW programmers and 4 NEW programs available. "CHOPPER DROP 3000" by Philip Lord at "http://www.tinyurl.com/2fpasj" "WAR GAME"........... "EAGLE".................... "RETROBEAMER"...... by Jens Sommerfeld at "http:// zx81.ordi5.free.fr/jens" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The 12th annual meeting of ZX-TEAM will be held from the 11th to the 13th of April. Get more infos from "http://www.zx-team.de/" ---...

SINCLAIR ZX81 'n TIMEX-SINCLAIR 1000/1500
Bonjour, We now have 2 NEW ZX81/TS1000 web sites, 2 NEW programmers and 4 NEW programs available. "CHOPPER DROP 3000" by Philip Lord at "http://www.tinyurl.com/2fpasj" "WAR GAME"........... "EAGLE".................... "RETROBEAMER"...... by Jens Sommerfeld at "http:// zx81.ordi5.free.fr/jens" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The 12th annual meeting of ZX-TEAM will be held from the 11th to the 13th of April. Get more infos from "http://www.zx-team.de/" ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Do not miss the entire SIMPSON FAMILY in DIPIC format at "http://www.zx-team.de/andre". Goodby(t)e ANDRE*** http://www.zx-team.de/andre http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr./andre ...

The UK World Of Spectrum and Como.sys.sinclair meet
Well, it had to happen sometime... Plans are afoot for a big meet next year for all specchums! Right now, voting is taking place for everyone's favourite place, day and time for the meet... http://www.hippykillers.gameguild.co.uk/meet/ So get voting! The page is there until New years eve. Get saving too! I feel that much alcyhol will be consumed! -- **************The Starglider*************** Public E-Mail. * http://www.starglider.dynu.com/radio * Ask for private * Starglider Radio - listen and enjoy! * address. * E-Mail:the_starglider2002@wibble.co.uk * _WW_ * CHANGE WIBBLE TO YAHOO TO REPLY * /_ _\ ******************************************* | O O | _____________________________________________________oOO_\/_OOo_____ And before anyone comments... yes I spelt "comp" wrong in the header! I've just woken up! -- **************The Starglider*************** Public E-Mail. * http://www.starglider.dynu.com/radio * Ask for private * Starglider Radio - listen and enjoy! * address. * E-Mail:the_starglider2002@wibble.co.uk * _WW_ * CHANGE WIBBLE TO YAHOO TO REPLY * /_ _\ ******************************************* | O O | _____________________________________________________oOO_\/_OOo_____ As an additional, don't vote for the month of January. It may be removed as it's soo close to xmas and money...

For sale: games for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k) & IBM PC (5.25" & 3.5" & CD)
I have many old games, on 5.25" & 3.5" & CD for PC and on tapes for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k). I need to sell some of them. Would you like to buy any? I have bank accounts in the U.K.; the Republic of Ireland; Sweden; Germany; the Netherlands and Italy, so I can accept payment in a number of currencies and in a number of ways. I live at 2461 Via Tosco Romagnola, Titignano, 56023 Cascina (PI), Italy. Send me an email or a lett...

Sinclair Aviation?!
http://www.sincuser.f9.co.uk/049/news.htm (C5 Takes To The Skies) This must have been a joke or false rumour, surely?! It's the first time I've come across "Sinclair Aviation"... -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG "Nick Humphries" <mg@the-den.clara.net> wrote in message news:3fb714603153a477e61bfad870d01c2a.75886@mygate.mailgate.org > This must have been a joke or false rumour, surely?! It's the first time > I've come across "Sinclair Aviation"... Aha, it was reported in the April 1986 issue of SU. Nuff said. -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG ...

Sinclair on BBC4
Sir Clive jumping over some computers (or something), the ZX80, 81 and Spectrum and some interviews make it into BBC4's Time Shift: Hard Drive Heaven (The History Of Home Computers). For once, Sinclair gets the air-time he deserves as a rather more accurate picture of the history of computers (in the home) is broadcast at long last. No more is the Spectrum cast aside while boring people discuss which version of Windows is the best. The only computer which compares on air-time is, unsurprisingly, the BBC Micro. Unfortunately the Amiga doesn't even get a passing mention (although you do get to see one briefly, and the blue and orange tones of Workbench 1.3 are clearly visible in the background in one scene), which is IMHO a bit of an oversight especially considering the BBC (erm, Micro) wasn't anywhere near as popular in the home, but I digress. Even the Darling Brothers are in on the act. If you are "digital enabled" and see this message in time, tune into BBC4 for the repeat at 1am. Chris On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:48:14 +0000, Chris Young <unsatisfactory@bigfoot.com> wrote: >If you are "digital enabled" and see this message in time, tune into >BBC4 for the repeat at 1am. Thanks for the heads up. I'll do just that! I watched the "Tetris: From Russia With Love" thing earlier and, after all the allusion to scandal and KGB involvement in the trailers for it, I thought it was actually a pretty dull sto...

We begun with Sinclair
I got my first game machine in 1986 - the Spectrum. Today I am upgrading my computer just for my 4 year old niece. She is already a computer maniac. She plays about 4 hours per day with computer. The games she is playing are very addictive and I find myself sometimes playing this games. I must carry to she is not too long by the computer, because if she could, she would play all the day. Now I am wondering if today children are better on it. They have bigger scale to choose from, the games are better, when I was 4 years the computers didn't exist yet. What will grow out of them ? B Bohus Kr�l wrote: > I got my first game machine in 1986 - the Spectrum. Today I am > upgrading my computer just for my 4 year old niece. She is already a > computer maniac. She plays about 4 hours per day with computer. The > games she is playing are very addictive and I find myself sometimes > playing this games. I must carry to she is not too long by the > computer, because if she could, she would play all the day. Now I am > wondering if today children are better on it. They have bigger scale > to choose from, the games are better, when I was 4 years the > computers didn't exist yet. What will grow out of them ? > > B Hi Bohus! It's all the same. Just look to the input devices.... much the same, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, FIRE, FIRE2 etc etc etc. The today and even tomorrow super-real Gfx and recorded Orchestras in wav.-quality Games, wil...

Sinclair spotting
http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/03/weekend_project_phaser_bl_1.html Gun operated alarm clock. Note what gun :) On Mar 16, 11:12 am, deKay <an...@deleteme.lofi- gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> wrote: > http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/03/weekend_project_phaser_bl_1.... > > Gun operated alarm clock. Note what gun :) Thanks for the link! Really nice. zxbruno <zxspectrum128@gmail.com> wrote in news:dd92ec0a-0d90-4135-948b- 7a7cc6993fde@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com: > On Mar 16, 11:12 am, deKay <an...@deleteme.lofi- > gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> wrote: >> http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/03/weekend_project_phaser_bl_1.... >> >> Gun operated alarm clock. Note what gun :) > > Thanks for the link! Really nice. What happened to the Retro Gamer Sinclair Spotting? I noticed that theis month's cover features Manic Miner, and there's a section on the 128K... -- http://www.mercuryvapour.co.uk <-- Main site. http://www.scribcam.co.uk <----- Webcam. Eww. On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:34:15 GMT, Scribbler <ngs_0501@mercuryvapour.co.uk> wrote: >zxbruno <zxspectrum128@gmail.com> wrote in news:dd92ec0a-0d90-4135-948b- >7a7cc6993fde@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com: > >> On Mar 16, 11:12 am, deKay <an...@deleteme.lofi- >> gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> wrote: >>> http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/03/weekend_project_phaser_bl_1.... >>> >>> Gun ...

The Sinclair Story
Hi Guys Ive put my copy of The Sinclair Story up on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300126137429&rd=1&rd=1 Feel free to Bid ...

Sinclair RGB
I wish I could find the dog gone DIN to TTL RGB adapter that I made for my Sinclair QL many many years ago, because I still have my QL and the TTL RGB monitor, and I just got a Spektrum 128K, and it has RGB output... BTW: Is there any way to load programs into the Spektrum 128K-2, other than the built-in tape drive? http://www.katmandew.com/Timex-Sinclair.htm Well, Interface 1 or many disc interfaces etc, but if you mean on its own, not really unless you count the old Codemasters joystick loader for their cd. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ "KatManDEW" <donwise@clover.net> wrote in message news:2aefp41k1kc31kjget97ln0ini01u7ik2n@4ax.com... >I wish I could find the dog gone DIN to TTL RGB adapter that I made > for my Sinclair QL many many years ago, because I still have my QL and > the TTL RGB monitor, and I just got a Spektrum 128K, and it has RGB > output... > > BTW: Is there any way to load programs into the Spektrum 128K-2, other > than the built-in tape drive? > > http://www.katmandew.com/Timex-Sinclair.htm KatManDEW wrote: > BTW: Is there any way to load programs into the Spektrum 128K-2, other > than the built-in tape drive? Depending exactly what you would like to achieve, ...

Sinclair Calculations
You may like to see the latest calculations on a 48k Spectrum on www.AIDSCJDUK.info Comments welcomed. Best wishes, Edward edwardhfd@aol.com wrote: > You may like to see the latest calculations on a 48k Spectrum on > www.AIDSCJDUK.info > Comments welcomed. Best wishes, Edward > Okay I'm going to bite, what is this trash to do with the humble, but oh so great 48k Spectrum? I mean aids projections? What are you on? Daz. Την Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:10:10 -0500,ο(η) dmodus <dsparrow@NOSPAMOKmadasafish.com> έγραψε: > edwardhfd@aol.com wrote: >> You may like to see the latest calculations on a 48k Spectrum on >> www.AIDSCJDUK.info >> Comments welcomed. Best wishes, Edward >> > > Okay I'm going to bite, what is this trash to do with the humble, but oh > so great 48k Spectrum? > I mean aids projections? What are you on? > > Daz. Maybe he did the projections with a Speccy? Phoebus -- Χρησιμοποιώ το επαναστατικό πρόγραμμα αλληλογραφίας της Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/ > Okay I'm going to bite, what is this trash to do with the humble, > but oh so great 48k Spectrum? Well the calculations were done in Sinclair BASIC on an Amstrad Spectrum. Edward posted the link here last March when he asked about repairing his Plus 3. I notice from his other posts that he is a retired, 82 years old networks engineer who would like peer review of his work. So new young blood with more knowledge of ma...

Sinclair QL
In the 80's my company did a lot of development work and consulting for companies developing personal computers. We are in the process of moving and I have for the last few weeks working my way through a junk room oops (Historical products department) This mornings spelunking ran across a new never been powered up Sinclair QL and a box QL software Fortran compiler, assembler some form of spreadsheet. A handful of stringy floppies w.. On Mar 30, 8:54=A0am, Walter Banks <wal...@bytecraft.com> wrote: > In the 80's my company did a lot of development work and consulting > for companies developing personal computers. We are in the process > of moving and I have for the last few weeks working my way through > a junk room oops (Historical products department) > > This mornings spelunking ran across a new never been powered up > Sinclair QL and a box QL software Fortran compiler, assembler > some form of spreadsheet. A handful of stringy floppies > > w.. Hi Paul. Thanks for the e-mail message btw. I'm not a fan of the Sinclair QL (yet) but I know a gentleman that might be interested in knowing what you may have found. His name is Rich Mellor and he's still a QL user. I'll be glad to forward his contact info to you if needed. On Mar 31, 12:21=A0am, zxbruno <zxspectrum...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Mar 30, 8:54=A0am, Walter Banks <wal...@bytecraft.com> wrote: > > > In the 80's my company did a lot o...

Sinclair on the Top
Look Look http://www.1000bit.net/database4.asp !!! The top 20 most wanted computers between all users' wishlists !!!! Best Regards, Daniel Mandic Daniel Mandic schreef: > http://www.1000bit.net/database4.asp > > !!! The top 20 most wanted computers between all users' wishlists !!!! > > Best Regards, > > Daniel Mandic You mean the ZX Spectrum + 128k of course Rick ...

Sinclair VS Apple
Ciao a tutti i computer Sinclair secondo me non hanno avuto la giusta fama dei computer Apple. http://cgi.ebay.it/PLANETOIDS-Cassetta-originale-introvabile_W0QQitemZ190014311694QQihZ009QQcategoryZ126968QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Saluti ...

Sinclair OS for Laptops
I recently read about the maker of SPIN emulator Paul dunn making a OS for old 486 and pentium laptops. Has anything become of this do you know? It was going to be sinclair basic compatible but be as fast as machine code? Personally, if he made it and it supported the parrallel port addressed as any port we liked - it would be very useful indeed! "dickydodds" <dicky@dickydodds.com> wrote in message news:1184064275.439375.313440@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I recently read about the maker of SPIN emulator Paul dunn making a OS > for old 486 and pentium laptops. Has anything become of this do you > know? > > It was going to be sinclair basic compatible but be as fast as machine > code? > > Personally, if he made it and it supported the parrallel port > addressed as any port we liked - it would be very useful indeed! It's still in the pipeline. I'm having fun getting things set up as I need them (particularly the sVGA drivers) but things are progressing slowly. It's an uphill struggle as I have to basically learn everything from scratch. I do still intend to get it done though :) D. Thats fantastic! Please try and take on board the parrallel port idea above and if you need a beta tester - I'm your man! Ive got a toshiba p100 svga and an IBM thinkpad 233mhz I can try it on! All the best, dicky "Dunny" <paul.dunn4@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:W7Lki.32866$KE1.16798@newsfe1-win...

WTD: Future Your Sinclair
Wanted copies of YS published by Future, i.e. all of 1992 and June and July in 1993. -- Tarquin Mills (Chairman) ACCUS (Anglia Classic Computer Users Society) http://www.speccyverse.me.uk/comp/accus/ http://www.PetitionOnline.com/Spectrum/ (We want a Spectrum +4) La tempo, Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:01:21 GMT , La loco, comp.sys.sinclair .. Tarquin Mills <accus@nojunkmail.com> scribis >Wanted copies of YS published by Future, i.e. all of 1992 and >June and July in 1993. I have a few, if you want them (and not just ish 94 :)) -- Wanted: Argos catalogues...

The Sinclair Spectrum is rubbish!
The Brits are too stupid for building computers, cars or anything else... USA USA USA! -F.R. Ah school holidays have come early this year. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ "ForeverRent" <hesacopontheedge@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:jphcvj$osd$1@speranza.aioe.org... > The Brits are too stupid for building computers, cars or anything else... > > USA USA USA! > > -F.R. > On Wed, 23 May 2012, ForeverRent wrote: > The Brits are too stupid for building computers, cars or anything else... > > USA USA USA! Outstanding. deKay -- Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that Ignore the address-spoofing troll. Carry on. On Wed, 23 May 2012 03:02:42 +0200, ForeverRent wrote: (OK, I'l byte... troll scoring NG followup removed) > The Brits are too stupid for building computers, cars or anything else... > > USA USA USA! While the Americans did design the worlds best 8Bit home computer... (dons flameproof suit) ....why is it that nearly all the good games came from PAL land? And if it wernt for us brits building computers, the '...

Sinclair Emulation for Cybiko
Anyone come across these little gems?: http://www.cybikoxtreme.com/ One of my customers is interested in developing an intra-office app for this wireless PDA platform (which seems to be heavily marketed towards teenage kids rather than businesses), but as soon as I saw it I couldn't help thinking about the ZX81 and Spectrum emulation possibilities. I've just got one here and it's a nice bit of kit for the money (30 quid!) -- the hardware (Hitachi H8S at 18MHz with a 4MHz Atmel co-pro to handle the LCD and sound) looks just about capable of supporting an efficiently-written emulat...

For Sale: The Sinclair Story
Anyone wanting to get hold of this book, but who doesn't want to pay the 199 quid that someone has listed a copy for on Ebay may be pleased to know I've just placed a copy for sale at: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200005864626 Its a great book. I've just had another read of it and the only downside it was written just prior to the takeover by Amstrad. Would have been fascinating if we'd had an insight into that. Anyway, happy bidding. It's a really good read. -- Marcus Durham =A351.00 closing bid. Not a bad price. ...

First Sinclair game?
In the spirit of the season, what were people's first games played on a Sinclair machine? And which were the first they saved up for to buy, if different? Mine were Planetoids/Missile and Spectres, which my mum bought me to go with my brand new rubber key 48k Speccy back in May '83, and the first games I ponied up for myself were 3D Deathchase and Atic Atac (though now I think about it that would have been a few months later, so either my memory's on the blink or I really played Planetoids a lot... maybe it was Tranz Am rather than AA?) -- Dreams are like water Colourless And Dangerous T�n Coul <penguin@spam.dsl.pipex.com> wrote in news:rb81r11n911733gjtpbv44d8jptlovplgq@4ax.com: > In the spirit of the season, what were people's first games played on > a Sinclair machine? And which were the first they saved up for to buy, > if different? The first game I played was Chequered Flag, as it was one of the many Psion games I got with the machine. I don't think I ever actually saved up to buy games, though I do remember waiting for my pocket money so I could buy a c90... :) -- http://www.mercuryvapour.co.uk <-- Main site. http://www.scribcam.co.uk <----- Webcam. Eww. Didn't everyone buy Hobbit? Anyway, I seem to recall many self typed games, and who can forget the thru the wall game that came in the Horizons tape? Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind ca...

Free Sinclair Spectrums!
They've done nothing wrong! Yeah, I see, well, joke circa 1984, ZX Computing? Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ "Nomen Nescio" <nobody@dizum.com> wrote in message news:4c222cf30f754ac839b5116a8e7c557d@dizum.com... > They've done nothing wrong! > Brian Gaff wrote: > Yeah, I see, well, joke circa 1984, ZX Computing? > > Brian > Bill posters will be prosecuted. Bill posters is inocent. -- Letts stop killing each other, letts all live in peace. To much pain, to much suffering. ...

Web resources about - CPM for Sinclair? - comp.sys.sinclair

Sinclair Research - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sinclair Research Ltd is a British consumer electronics company founded by Sir Clive Sinclair in Cambridge . Originally incorporated in 1973 ...

Scott Sinclair (@Scott_Sin) on Twitter
Scott Sinclair (@Scott_Sin) on Twitter

Queensland girl Ella Sinclair on campaign to meet Taylor Swift
Eleven-year-old Sunshine Coast girl Ella Sinclair is hoping her wildest dreams come true ahead of Taylor Swift's Brisbane gig on Saturday.

Chantal Petitclerc, Murray Sinclair among 7 new Trudeau-appointed senators
... who led the Truth and Reconciliation Commission into residential schools have been appointed to the Senate. Chantal Petitclerc and Murray Sinclair ...

90min Exclusive: Trevor Sinclair Has His Say on the Final Champions League Spot
West Ham and Manchester United will both have their sights set firmly on a top four place when the Premier League returns in midweek, and former ...

Sinclair Fight With Dish Could Spur FCC Action Against TV Blackouts
A dispute between Sinclair Broadcast Group and Dish Network that's left about 5 million satellite-TV customers without local channels could spur ...

Sinclair Broadcast earnings dip, but income tops analyst estimates
Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. saw earnings dip in a third quarter marked by TV station acquisitions and new program offerings, but still beat ...

Sinclair will launch its sci-fi network with MGM on Halloween
... network will be called Comet. Don't rent that movie for your annual Halloween science fiction binge just yet. Hunt Valley-based Sinclair Broadcast ...

Today's Economic History: Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle"
**Eric Schlosser** (2006): [On Upton Sinclair: 'I Aimed For The Public's Heart, And... Hit It In The Stomach'](http://articles.chicagotribun ...

IBC: Sinclair Expands Masstech Deployments
Masstech has announced that it has received another major order for its Masstech for News system from the Sinclair Broadcast Group. Sinclair ...