Help needed connecting PC floppy drive to Micro P QLFDC v5.1 (QL)

Can anyone give me any help on connecting  a standard floppy drive to
the Micro Peripherals QLFDC v5.1 - I assume that any standard floppy
drive should work with these type of QL interfaces. If not please let
me know.

I have an external enclosure, supplying power. I have a cable which I
made up - it is a straight through ribbon cable. When I try to access
the drive, it clicks as though it's moving the little metal sheild on
the disk across, but the drive does not appear to spin, neither does
the green light come on. After a pause, the QL says 'drive not ready'.
I have tried with two different floppy drives, but same result. I know
the drives work in a PC. Is there a special cable spec to connect the
drive to the interaface ? I also tried with a cable from a PC with the
'twist' in it, but that didn't seem to work either.

Also, I no longer seem to be able to find the manual for the QLFDC
card, so I don't know (remember) what the dip switches do - anybody
able to furnish me with that info ??

Can anybody help  ?

0
daveysaxt (5)
11/14/2006 10:25:58 AM
comp.sys.sinclair 6096 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

daveysaxt wrote:
> Can anyone give me any help on connecting  a standard floppy drive to
> the Micro Peripherals QLFDC v5.1 - I assume that any standard floppy
> drive should work with these type of QL interfaces. If not please let
> me know.
>
> I have an external enclosure, supplying power. I have a cable which I
> made up - it is a straight through ribbon cable. When I try to access
> the drive, it clicks as though it's moving the little metal sheild on
> the disk across, but the drive does not appear to spin, neither does
> the green light come on. After a pause, the QL says 'drive not ready'.
> I have tried with two different floppy drives, but same result. I know
> the drives work in a PC. Is there a special cable spec to connect the
> drive to the interaface ? I also tried with a cable from a PC with the
> 'twist' in it, but that didn't seem to work either.
>
> Also, I no longer seem to be able to find the manual for the QLFDC
> card, so I don't know (remember) what the dip switches do - anybody
> able to furnish me with that info ??
>
> Can anybody help  ?

An update to this:  I found a post regards twisting conductors 10-12 on
one end. I've done this and now the drive light comes on. But I still
get the not ready error message. If I try to format I also get the
drive not ready error ! If I dir on a HD disk, I get seek error. Format
comes back with drive not ready (as soon as I hear the first move of
the head).

Anyone any ideas ????

0
daveysaxt (5)
11/14/2006 11:18:53 AM

> > Can anybody help  ?An update to this:  I found a post regards twisting conductors 10-12 on
> one end. I've done this and now the drive light comes on. But I still
> get the not ready error message. If I try to format I also get the
> drive not ready error ! If I dir on a HD disk, I get seek error. Format
> comes back with drive not ready (as soon as I hear the first move of
> the head).
>
> Anyone any ideas ????

The problem is to do with a twisted cable - Roy Wood at QBranch is an
ideal solution if the cabling cannot be sorted
(www.qbranch.demon.co.uk).

However, what I presume may be the problem is that you are using a HD
diskette in a HD drive, the HD drive is therefore trying to format the
HD diskette to HD format, which the Micro P disk interface cannot
handle.  You need to try a DD floppy disk (or cover the HD detect hole
on the diskette for testing).

Rich

0
rich259 (111)
11/14/2006 4:02:41 PM
Thanks for your reply Rich.

I've tried the trick of covering up the HD hole already -  still the
same results.

It Just seems really wierd. At least instead of no response from the
drive it tries to run. Could the problem be one of timing maybe ? The
interface has lain in a box of junk for a long time, so maybe the
tuning capacitor on it has been nudged or changed its capacitance due
to conditions ?? I just dunno. Sometimes I got a seek error, but most
of the time it is the drive not ready.

Anyone else ??

Cheers,

Dave.

rwap wrote:

> > > Can anybody help  ?An update to this:  I found a post regards twisting conductors 10-12 on
> > one end. I've done this and now the drive light comes on. But I still
> > get the not ready error message. If I try to format I also get the
> > drive not ready error ! If I dir on a HD disk, I get seek error. Format
> > comes back with drive not ready (as soon as I hear the first move of
> > the head).
> >
> > Anyone any ideas ????
>
> The problem is to do with a twisted cable - Roy Wood at QBranch is an
> ideal solution if the cabling cannot be sorted
> (www.qbranch.demon.co.uk).
>
> However, what I presume may be the problem is that you are using a HD
> diskette in a HD drive, the HD drive is therefore trying to format the
> HD diskette to HD format, which the Micro P disk interface cannot
> handle.  You need to try a DD floppy disk (or cover the HD detect hole
> on the diskette for testing).
>
> Rich

0
daveysaxt (5)
11/14/2006 7:51:18 PM
On Nov 14, 7:51 pm, "daveysaxt" <daveys...@bulldoghome.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Rich.
>
> I've tried the trick of covering up the HD hole already -  still the
> same results.
>
> It Just seems really wierd. At least instead of no response from the
> drive it tries to run. Could the problem be one of timing maybe ? The
> interface has lain in a box of junk for a long time, so maybe the
> tuning capacitor on it has been nudged or changed its capacitance due
> to conditions ?? I just dunno. Sometimes I got a seek error, but most
> of the time it is the drive not ready.
>
> Anyone else ??

There is a last ditch option - if you are in the UK, you could send me
the interface for testing with some QL drives and then we can rule out
the interface.  If it is the interface, then I can supply a cheap
replacement, or even better, a Trump Card with the additional memory.

Rich

0
rich259 (111)
11/14/2006 8:39:49 PM
In article <1163499957.986102.293130@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
daveysaxt <daveysaxt@bulldoghome.com> writes

>When I try to access
>the drive, it clicks as though it's moving the little metal sheild on
>the disk across, but the drive does not appear to spin, neither does
>the green light come on. After a pause, the QL says 'drive not ready'.

PS drives come jumpered as drive 1 by default.  Try "dir flp2_" with the
drive connected using a straight (not twisted) cable.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
> There is a last ditch option - if you are in the UK, you could send me
> the interface for testing with some QL drives and then we can rule out
> the interface.  If it is the interface, then I can supply a cheap
> replacement, or even better, a Trump Card with the additional memory.
>
> Rich

Hi, that sounds to me like quite a good idea ! I was in IT as a
consultant for 13 years until 2001 and I'm not, let's say a
non-technical person when it comes to these things, but I've been
tearing me hair out on this one !!!!

I used to know all the stuff you could know about the QL when I was
15/16 or a bit older maybe, but now many years on I seem to have
forgotten most of it. :-)

Does the trump card support HD drives ?

Cheers,
Dave

0
daveysaxt (5)
11/24/2006 9:17:48 AM
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
> In article <1163499957.986102.293130@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
> daveysaxt <daveysaxt@bulldoghome.com> writes
>
> >When I try to access
> >the drive, it clicks as though it's moving the little metal sheild on
> >the disk across, but the drive does not appear to spin, neither does
> >the green light come on. After a pause, the QL says 'drive not ready'.
>
> PS drives come jumpered as drive 1 by default.  Try "dir flp2_" with the
> drive connected using a straight (not twisted) cable.
>
> --
> (\__/)
> (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
> (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Mike,

Yup. Tried that ! No luck.

PS: Love Bunny !

Cheers,
Dave

--

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your

daveysaxt (5)
11/24/2006 9:24:42 AM
On Nov 24, 9:17 am, "daveysaxt" <daveys...@bulldoghome.com> wrote:
> > There is a last ditch option - if you are in the UK, you could send me
> > the interface for testing with some QL drives and then we can rule out
> > the interface.  If it is the interface, then I can supply a cheap
> > replacement, or even better, a Trump Card with the additional memory.
>
> > RichHi, that sounds to me like quite a good idea ! I was in IT as a
> consultant for 13 years until 2001 and I'm not, let's say a
> non-technical person when it comes to these things, but I've been
> tearing me hair out on this one !!!!
>
> I used to know all the stuff you could know about the QL when I was
> 15/16 or a bit older maybe, but now many years on I seem to have
> forgotten most of it. :-)
>
> Does the trump card support HD drives ?

Alas, the Trump Card does not support HD disks - it will continue to
use DD disks in a HD drive though without problems and even try to
format HD disks as DDs which may or may not be successful.

A Gold Card or Super Gold Card can handle either HD or even ED
diskettes (3.2MB).  Alas they are hard to find

Rich
www.rwapsoftware.co.uk

0
rich259 (111)
11/24/2006 4:56:21 PM
rwap wrote:

> A Gold Card or Super Gold Card can handle either HD or even ED
> diskettes (3.2MB).  Alas they are hard to find

3.2MB..... on which controller?

> Rich
> www.rwapsoftware.co.uk

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

Linux users have to install by pushing floppy after floppy into drive says MICROS~1
EV1Servers.net Leading Hosted Service Provider Deploys Windows-based Hosting Solutions Faster than Linux-based Solutions case study Posted: September 15, 2003 "Automated Deployment Services (ADS)�a powerful new server purposing tool in Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition" "Business managers at EV1 Servers.net knew that there was a demand for a Microsoft Windows-based hosted service offering" "Executives at the company were well aware that customers were making inquiries about purchasing dedicated hosting services built on the Microsoft� Windows� operating system" "EV1 Servers.net personnel knew how to deploy a Linux-based server quickly. They had script-filled floppies ready to go, and on a moment's notice they could slip a floppy into a bare Dell PowerEdge 1600SC and walk away" "By pushing floppy after floppy into the drive of a bare metal server, EV1 Servers.net's data center team could easily meet the demand for 1,000 new servers per week" "Unless they could find a way to bring that level of automation to the deployment of a Windows-based server, they saw no way to meet a similar level of demand for Windows-based hosting services" "With the Microsoft Solution for Windows-based Hosting, EV1 Servers.net personnel would not even have to go from machine to machine inserting floppies" "ADS made it possible to deploy a server running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Interne...

[...]

Need help cloning drive. (UW 2.1/UW 7.1)
A little background on my problem first: I'm working with a voice-over-IP box made by lucent, which happens to essentially be a passive-backplane single board setup in a rackmount AT card, running Unixware 2.1.2 from a Quantum Fireball 4.3GB single-ended SCSI drive. Trouble is I don't know the root password. I've been round and round with it, figuring out how to work with the drives, get them recognized, load hba drivers, break out of installers to do all that, etc. (With a lot of helpful advice from Tony Lawrence and Frank, thanks guys!) At this point I have obtained a set of 7.1.3 install media, and installed it another another drive on the SCSI bus, which I am booting from. I can see the original drive with fstyp, prtvtoc, fsck, mount, etc, and I'm familiar with how to edit the password file to reset the password. Note: I have already tried to reset by booting from various 2.1.x install disks, but they won't seem to see my HBA, so there are no devices in /dev/dsk or /dev/rdsk besides floppy devices (things starting with f) My host adapter is not really a particular model, but it's AIC-7880(or I think that's the chip number) based(SCSI is on board on the single board computer that runs the box) Under 7.1.3 it works with the "adsl" driver. The issue right now is that it claims the drive is corrupted and wants to do a full fsck of the drive before allowing me to mount it, and I'm slightly apprehensive about letting 7.1.3's fs...

Linux users have to install by pushing floppy after floppy into drive says MICROS~1 #2
EV1Servers.net Leading Hosted Service Provider Deploys Windows-based Hosting Solutions Faster than Linux-based Solutions case study Posted: September 15, 2003 "Automated Deployment Services (ADS)�a powerful new server purposing tool in Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition" "Business managers at EV1 Servers.net knew that there was a demand for a Microsoft Windows-based hosted service offering" "Executives at the company were well aware that customers were making inquiries about purchasing dedicated hosting services built on the Microsoft� Windows� operat...

Help needed - Safari, Software update and help a mess
(Apologies first for any dupe since this didn't make it to Giganews from original posting via Newguy yesterday afternoon) Hi, Not sure where to start on this oddity. What is the common thread/file that would disable Safari, cause the software update option to stall and say there is no internet connection, and also fumble the Mac Help and give me the attached message when I ask "Where are the safari bookmarks" and then select the lines seen? Suffice it to say that it all started last night after Comcast deleted one of my IP addresses which was a hold over from a previou...

need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe fileneed help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file
need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file. my avg anti virus can detect it as trojan horse dropper agent.mqp. i dont want to remove the exe file yet because im afraid my files will be removed as well. can anyone give me another way to recover the files? -- wewet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wewet's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/100316.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/virus-spyware/1184791.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

PLEASE HELP ME ($20 REWARD!!) PHP(v5.0.4)/MySQL(v4.1.14) Problem. Need Basic Drop-down menu populated by 1 column from MySql
Hi everyone, I've been trying very hard to make a drop-down menu work, but it is very frustrating. I have looked at several examples here and other places online, and tried altering them to suit my page, but no luck. I would appreciate it if some kind person would help me do this (This is for a fundraiser for the local Rotary club.) -- Here is my situation: I have a database called rotary_pizza_db and a table called greeks The table greeks contains the column called house I simply want a page with ONE drop down menu that takes the house names from the mysql database and uses them to populate a drop-down menu with choices, and sends the variable as house (if possible) The only other thing is a password blank. I WILL PAY THE FIRST PERSON THAT HELPS ME by posting a solution here $20 via paypal if they write out the whole thing, line for line, with comments in between lines to explain what each line is doing. No kidding. I'm really that stuck. I will pay right away once I test that it works. I am using PHP 5.0.4 and MySQL 4.1.14. PLEASE EMAIL ME FIRST so I can say 'go ahead' and don't have 2 people doing it at the same time. My email is snowsong1@gmail.com. NEED THIS ASAP. I have been able to get the login/pw to work with blanks, but I really want the pulldown menu as there is quite a long list of houses involved. Please please please help!! Thanks in advance, Jamie snowsong1 wrote: > > I have a database called rotary_pizza_db and a table c...

MAC SE Floppy Drive 1.4 meg Floppy Drive (old)
I acquired a MAC SE with a 1.4 meg floppy drive. Previously I only had a Plus with an 800K floppy drive. When I tried to format one of my old disks, it still only had 800K. Did the 1.4 meg floppy drives use special disks? Or am I doing something wrong? Thank you, Bill Bill Bagot <wbagot1@san.rr.com> wrote: > I acquired a MAC SE with a 1.4 meg floppy drive. Previously I only > had a Plus with an 800K floppy drive. When I tried to format one of > my old disks, it still only had 800K. Did the 1.4 meg floppy drives > use special disks? Or am I doing something wrong? ...

1.44MB floppy drive
I have read the ST FAQ but they don't help much. The more detailed instructions they refer to (sony_144.zip) isn't to be found anywhere. Can anyone help me connect a Sony floppy drive to to 1040 STE (and get it working)? Thanks Ric "ric" <biodistributors@microtech.com.au> wrote in message news:42df4bbb$1_1@news.iprimus.com.au... >I have read the ST FAQ but they don't help much. The more detailed >instructions they refer to (sony_144.zip) isn't to be found anywhere. > > Can anyone help me connect a Sony floppy drive to to 1040 STE (and get it > working)? > > Thanks > > Ric http://www.cps-electronics.co.uk/144/HD4.htm "ric" <biodistributors@microtech.com.au> wrote in message news:42df4bbb$1_1@news.iprimus.com.au... > I have read the ST FAQ but they don't help much. The more detailed > instructions they refer to (sony_144.zip) isn't to be found anywhere. Just typed "sony_144.zip" into Google? 2nd one down, on the Atari Hardware Hack Page. http://atari4ever.free.fr/hardware/drives.html Is for an MPF-520 anyhow, not the current 920's. I'd be tempted to suggest that you pick up an already modded one from Chris at CPS; http://www.cps-electronics.co.uk/144/HD4.htm . At �15 is good value for money seeing as the price on the street is �10 for a stock Sony FDD. Also, should you end up with revision or something, the likes of...

Connecting PC 1.44MB drive to a A3010
I'm having problems connecting a Sony 1.44mb pc drive to my A3010. I remember something about having to cut a cable on the IDC lead for other older platforms. The only thing I can remember is that this switches the drive to drive ID 0. Would this help with my problem ? On 30-May-2007, "Munkey" <Munkey@seenoevil.com> wrote: > I'm having problems connecting a Sony 1.44mb pc drive to my A3010. I > remember something about having to cut a cable on the IDC lead for other > older platforms. The only thing I can remember is that this switches the > drive to drive ID 0. Would this help with my problem ? Yes. The A3010 must have the drive ID set to 0 as it only has one address line active. -- David Holden - APDL - <http://www.apdl.co.uk> I've cut line 12 on the floppy cable , which is drive select B but the computer still doesn't show up the drive. "David Holden" <black_hole@apdl.co.uk> wrote in message news:5c593pF2uhbfgU1@mid.individual.net... > > On 30-May-2007, "Munkey" <Munkey@seenoevil.com> wrote: > >> I'm having problems connecting a Sony 1.44mb pc drive to my A3010. I >> remember something about having to cut a cable on the IDC lead for other >> older platforms. The only thing I can remember is that this switches the >> drive to drive ID 0. Would this help with my problem ? > > Yes. The A3010 must have the drive ID set to 0 as it only has ...

HELP: MacOSX crashes when connecting to shared PC drive
Hi all, I lend my G4 Powerbook to a colleague who's PC laptop got stolen (and was secretly hoping to convert her to the Mac). However she is making extensive use of the shared network drive (which is a PC drive) and when she connects to the drive the Mac just freezes after a while. Or when she tries to open a document which when opened from a PC displays the error "some additional files could not be found" (but opens it fine anyway) it brings the whole system down on the Mac. Help! This is getting embarrassing. Powerbook G4 667, 512 MB RAM, MacOS X 10.2.6 Thanks Markus ...

Help/Ideas needed for floppy drive repair (belt) ...
I need some help getting a new drive belt for my notebook floppy disk drive (a Citizen W1D). I was a bit surprised to find a belt inside a 3.5" drive, but who knows... For more details, please visit this (single) blog entry: http://www.z80.eu/blog/index.php?entry=entry130907-120000 Thank you for any help in advance. Regards Peter Peter, In the USA, MCM Electronics has always carried replacement belts, of several sizes and shapes (Round, Square, Flat). Most are for Audio/Video devices, but perhaps you can find one that is close to the original. http://electronics.mcmelectronics.com/search?cataf=&view=list&w=flat+belt&x=0&y=0 I searched for "Flat Belt" but other terms can be "Turntable Belt | Drive Belts | Flat Belt 16 | 42-650 | Frx23.6 | Belt | 42-610 | Scx3.5" 7 Pages of Flat belts are your choices to wade through. Perhaps you will be lucky, but I doubt it. http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/35-8882-535/Citizen-W1D-Bare-Floppy-Drive.html http://www.ebay.com/itm/CITIZEN-W1D-LR102061-3-5-FLOPPY-DISK-DRIVE-NEW-/110923691630 NOTE: Some old Compaq laptops used a similar floppy drive. Larry Peter, You might contact Ken at: http://www.kenselectronics.com/index.html http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/belts.htm and see if he has a suitable replacement. Larry On 08.09.2013 14:15, ldkraemer@gmail.com wrote: > Peter, > You might contact Ken at: > http://www.kenselectronics.com/i...

need help in GARCH (1,1)
I am trying to estimate a set of data using GARCH(1,1) model. is there any example codes can be refered?i have try in the GARCH toolbox but I cant get the estimated data and exact dat ploted.What i get is onli the estimated std deviation.. pls help ...

CalComp 140 SS/SD floppy drives needed
Has anyone such drives, working or not? Need them to get my IMSAI FDC-2 box repaired. Thanks in Advance! Seems to be an impossible task? ...

Help needed in connecting mac on router with other pc's
I'm having trouble getting access to the internet through the router. I am getting a valid IP address from the router (airlink101?) But it won't allow me to access the web. I can login to the router's system utility (198.168.1.1). The status reports that the router is not getting an ip address from the ISP. So naturally, I'm thinking that the problem is with the WAN. But then something interesting was happening. Other computers, (there are five other machines running either windows xp or vista) who are all tied into the same router via switch, are able to access the internet just fine! (including this machine that I'm using to write this post.) I couldn't believe it. I checked their cables and they were all leading to the same router. The computers are all set for DHCP. Here's the part that I really don't get. On the pc's... their gateway address is 198.168.1.254 ???? Yet, I can't access 198.168.1.254 through the browser. I don't get it. Anyway. I'm thinking it's a PC setup vs MAC setup because all the pc's are working fine but my mac and my airport express (when connected as a bridge) are not working. Any advice? In article <63a83310-4330-4db7-bfdb-3d8a6ff4e028@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com>, h.paulcho@gmail.com wrote: > I'm having trouble getting access to the internet through the router. > > I am getting a valid IP address from the router (airlink101?) > But it won't allow me ...

Virtual PC 6.1 wont connect to Internet. HELP!
I have VPC 6.1 connection to a DSL line running on an Ibook 777 . the DSL is able to get IP number via the DNCP server on regualr Mac. . but not while on VPC when u check the VPC network . . says the ethernet card emulator is working fine. Manually typing in the IP addresses doesnt help. I have read here about TCP/IP drivers that are missing.. and they suggested re-installation. I tried that. btu didnt seem to help would appreciate any help as I been playing with this problem for days Thanks in advance NC In article <230920032100267764%nc@hotmail.com>, ketjones <nc@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have VPC 6.1 connection to a DSL line running on an Ibook 777 . > >the DSL is able to get IP number via the DNCP server on regualr Mac. . >but not while on VPC > >when u check the VPC network . . says the ethernet card emulator is >working fine. > >Manually typing in the IP addresses doesnt help. > >I have read here about TCP/IP drivers that are missing.. and they >suggested re-installation. > >I tried that. btu didnt seem to help > >would appreciate any help as I been playing with this problem for days > >Thanks in advance > >NC If your iBook is already on the internet when you start up a VIRGIN copy of VPC, then your virtual PC is on the internet too. Make no settings or changes, just use what ever PC applications you need. If you have been attempting to set up a Windows connection to the internet th...

Help needed to connect DB2k on PC to v7.3 on VMS
Hi all! Sorry guys but I am totally ignorant on oracle matters. I need some guidance in how and what is needed to connect directly to an oracle 7.3.2.3.2 database on a OpenVMS operating system with a database application developed on a Windows XP PC using DB2K. Network/Database Server Details: Server: Compaq AlphaServer DS10 O/S: OpenVMS 7.1 Database: Oracle 7.3.2.3.2 Protocol: TCP/IP (controlled by UCX) Can I connect using only ODBC drivers? Do I need an Oracle client on the pc workstation? Do I need a dedicated DB2K oracle user account (multiple users of DB2K PC application) or do I need to add an oracle user account for each individual user? Any advice or guidance would reduce my trial and error approach as I am pressed for time and very gratefully appreciated. Andrew Zac. On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:15:45 +0930, Andrew interested us by writing: > > Can I connect using only ODBC drivers? Most ODBC drivers that I've seen still punt the request to an Oracle networking client. > Do I need an Oracle client on the pc workstation? So yes, if you get ODBC drivers that came from Oracle, you still need to install Oracle's SQL*Net, or Oracle Networking on the client that is ocmpatible with the version on the OpenVMS. > Do I need a dedicated DB2K oracle user account (multiple users of DB2K PC > application) or do I need to add an oracle user account for each individual > user? Depends en...

Need help with help need
Friends and wormbots: I am looking for some intrepid souls to try out and comment on a perl script I wrote. (What, perl in SAS-L and it's not David Cassell ?) The script takes the SAS help files apart and does some analysis (orphans, linkrot and duplicates) and inserts back links. What do back links do ? It ensures every page in the help system has a link to every page that links to it. (Actually only the the subset of the help system represented by the modules you choose to play with [there are over 140 help modules]) 1,000 lines of perl that sprouted out of a two line seed (or should...

Need help with ZSDOS 1.1
I wanted to try a newer version of CPM 2.2, so I downloaded ZSDOS from the web. The version gives the user the ability to run with the embedded DateStamper routines called ZDDOS (but you loose some of the built-in functions), or with an external DateStamper called ZSDOS (and retain the built-in functions). Since I allow the BDOS to hold 4K of code, rather than the standard 3.5K code, I choose to use ZSDOS and include the embedded DateStamper routines. I removed or modified several of the "IF" statements so that I could achieve my objective. It does fit nicely within the 4K space. I noticed that the first 6 characters of the code were the letters "ZSDOS " which I replaced with 00hex (NOP's). I pointed all the Get/Set Date routines to the proper place in my CBIOS (in EPROM) where my clock routines are. I assembled ZSDOS to a HEX file and using DDT, I created a binary file with the standard CCP and ZSDOS. I then put it on my system tracks. The system loads alright and runs good, but I have no Date/Time functions. I used PUTDS to create the stamp file. TD says there are no clock routines. The DateStamping is inactive. The documentation mentions INSTALLOS as a way of installing ZSDOS. Does this program do some magic that informs the other modules that Date/Time and Stamping functions are available. Since I directly built the CCP/ZSDOS file, did I miss something that does have to be added ? Any suggestions will be appreciated... Old-Timer (John) Old-T...

Need help: AIX 5.1 network connection to internet behind router
Hi, I have only minimal AIX knowledge but am slowly learning. What I want to do is get an internet connection on the AIX box. I have an IBM 43P Model 140 running AIX 5.1. I have it plugged into my home network. I have cable internet (Rogers, Canada) and therefore use a cable modem which connects to a 4 port wired router (LinkSys BEFSR41 V3 with firmware 1.05.00). The router is ip 192.168.1.1. I have a couple of wintel machines connected to the router. They use static IP addresses, as I am using some router port forwarding (e.g., for microtorrent). On the en0 network configuration page using smitty, it asks for a few items. I've entered: Hostname: aixsys Internet address: 192.168.1.104 (this doesn't conflict with the other computers) Network mask: 255.255.255.0 Interface: en0 Default gateway address: 192.168.1.1 I'm stumped on what to put for Nameserver: Internet address and associated Domain name. On my wintel machines, I put the router's ip address, which is the same as the gateway address (192.168.1.1) and on wintel they don't ask for a domain name. On the AIX box, smitty won't accept only the address. It also wants the domain name. I don't know what to put. I've tried rogers.com. I've tried putting it as blank in the resolv.conf file (but it's probably not a good idea for me to be mucking about with vi, as I don't know what I'm doing). The symptoms: With Nameserver: internet address as 192.168.1.1 and d...

HELP! Need to Back up Apple 2e Floppies to 2006 PC's
Anyone able to tell me about the process needing to take place in order for this to happen? where i can find the materials needed? the steps to take? a friend wants to back up their old floppies to a newer medium IE cd rom anyone wanting to contact me directly should do so at fantasticreality@aol.com thanks! Hi, The easier way is to use an apple IIc computer linked with a PC (via the serial port) and running ADT. Then, you can transfert *unprotected* disks between the two machines. I can help you with it but I live in France so maybe you can find someone in your local area too... F...

1 missing floppy disk in SCO Development 3.2v4.2, i need your help.
Dear readers i need your help, I have the old UNIX SCO Development System 3.2v4.2 diskette package (3.5" 1.4 MB floppy disks) with the original activation key card. However 1 disk is probably missing, i only have 10 disks, and when installing with "custom", i never reach the end of the installation, i suppose that one of them is missing. I gave a ring to the national SCO seller and he said "this product is 10 years old, sorry we can't help you"... If you have this package, you would be very kind to help me, i need an image of the 11th disk that you could send me via e-mail. The image copy can be done with : dd if=/dev/fd0 of=vol11.img Under windows you can also use the free disk imager "Floppy Image" (save as "IMG" filetype). It is available here : http://www.wintotal.de/server/FloppyImage152.zip Thank you very much in advance if you can help me. Best regards Philippe Magne Please see the post I made in comp.unix.sco.misc. I may be able to assist you in this. I have to follow agreements with SCO. Good Luck, -- Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com> ZENEZ 1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah 84047 Philippe Magne wrote: > Dear readers i need your help, > > I have the old UNIX SCO Development System 3.2v4.2 diskette package (3.5" 1.4 > MB floppy disks) with the original activation key card. > > However 1 disk is probably missing, i only have 10 disks, and when > inst...

HTML on jdk 1.1 need help
Hi, All! Whether instead of somebody knows of components for display or editing html on jdk 1.1? I need a component vith a minimum size. Thakns! On 24 Jun 2004 00:01:13 -0700, faraon325@ukr.net (Igor Chaika) wrote or quoted : > >Whether instead of somebody knows of components for display or editing >html on jdk 1.1? I need a component vith a minimum size. see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/htmlrendering.html check out Calpane. -- Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green. Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jgloss.html for The Java ...

Garch(1,1) by BEKK need a help.
Hi, I am trying to perform a multivariate Garch(1,1) model.The specification of the var-covar matrix is the one proposed by BEKK: H(t) = C'C + A'e(t-1)e'(t-1)A + B'H(t-1)B where: i) H= variance of the excess return ii) C= N x N symmetrix matrix iii) A and B are= N x N matrices of constant coefficients, and place restrictions on H(t) in order to ease computations. We assume: i) that the variances depend only on lagged squared errors and lagged conditional variances ii) that the covariances depend only upon cross-products of lagged errors and lagged conditional covariances. Hence we restrict the matrices A and B to be diagonal. I hope that someone can help me, Many thanks in advance ...

Web resources about - Help needed connecting PC floppy drive to Micro P QLFDC v5.1 (QL) - comp.sys.sinclair

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Open Compute Project Focusing On Connecting Networking Hardware
The Open Compute Project , a Facebook-started consortium aimed at making data storage more efficient, announced Wednesday that it is now working ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

DLD15 - Connecting the Dots on IoT: Intelligence of Things (Michael Mendenhall, David Kirkpatrick) ...
In this fireside chat, we’ll be discussing how putting a new kind of intuition into the things we interact with isn’t just about making the devices ...