REVENGE from George K.

Very old demo of ZX game REVENGE from George K.
On ZX128 is possible use function REPLAY !!!

http://velesoft.speccy.cz/other/revenge-demo.zip

comp.sys.sinclair 6096 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

SIGMA doesn't recognize that K*GAMMA(K+1) == K*K!
Hi, I just found a small inconsistency... SIGMA (indefinite sum) works fine for K*K! but fails for the equivalent K*GAMMA(K+1). Cheers, Bhuvanesh. ...

What is the trick of SLL(k) grammars subset LL(k) grammars for k>1
This is the sequel of me asking trivial questions and getting very smart answers I do not understand which makes me yell at people ;) Today's problem is how come every SLL(1) grammar is an LL(1) grammar *and* the other way round, while this is not true for k>1. For k>1 SLL(k) grammars are a subset of LL(k). An example of an LL(2) grammar which is not SLL(2) taken from Grune/Jacobs (this time lower case letters are terminals): S -> aAaa | bAba A -> b | lambda I have a problem with the proof given in Grune/Jacobs. I have no objections and understand every step taken, but still...

sys
Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle programming ok here? Bill Bill Cunningham <nospam@nspam.com> wrote: > Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle > programming ok here? If you want to discuss how IPC and pipes are implemented in the kernel it's completely ok. But if you're interested in how to use IPC or pipes from a userland program then posting to e.g. comp.unix.programmer or comp.os.linux.development.apps will probably make a lot more sense. R...

sys
computer common oriented http://www.freewebs.com/buildem/ http://amigos.com/go/g904313-pmem ...

Case Solution for Rethinking Political Activity at Target by Brian K. Richter, Anisha George
Case Solution & Analysis for Rethinking Political Activity at Target by Brian K. Richter, Anisha George is available at best price. Contact us at buycasesolutions (AT) gmail (dot) com To get Case Solution for Rethinking Political Activity at Target contact us at BUYCASESOLUTIONS (AT) GMAIL (DOT) COM Note: If you need any other Case Solutions of any publisher please send us an email.We can help you to get it. ...

Case Solution for El Coyote Mexican Cafe in the Wake of Proposition 8 by Brian K. Richter, Anisha George
Case Solution & Analysis for El Coyote Mexican Cafe in the Wake of Proposition 8 by Brian K. Richter, Anisha George is available at best price. Contact us at buycasesolutions (AT) gmail (dot) com To get Case Solution for El Coyote Mexican Cafe in the Wake of Proposition 8 contact us at BUYCASESOLUTIONS (AT) GMAIL (DOT) COM Note: If you need any other Case Solutions of any publisher please send us an email.We can help you to get it. ...

Discrete u(k) or 1(k)
How to write step function like 0 for every discrete k <0 1 for k>=0 I need this for isolate only the causal part of a signal like f=2^(k) "alex lunax" <ludaoc@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hubser$ib2$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > How to write step function like > 0 for every discrete k <0 > 1 for k>=0 > > I need this for isolate only the causal part of a signal like > f=2^(k) one of the very many solutions - you figure out the length of each sequence for your particular case... nl=10; s=[zeros(1,nl),ones(1,nl...

com.sys & vcom.sys
It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I did it yesterday I forgot to de-select Ray Gwinn's com drivers. After installation I removed the entries from config.sys and un-remmed com.sys and vcom.sys but they won't load. I checked and it's in c:/os2/boot. What's the cure? :-) Wayne -- While the e-mail address in this post is genuine it is only used as a spamtrap. Any mail sent to me at this address will be considered to be spam and deleted without being read. Wayne wrote: > It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I > did it yesterday I forgot to de-select Ray Gwinn's com > drivers. After installation I removed the entries from > config.sys and un-remmed com.sys and vcom.sys but they > won't load. I checked and it's in c:/os2/boot. What's > the cure? :-) They must come after mouse/vmouse/pointdd device drivers in the config.sys file. Stu/2 On Tuesday 05 Oct 2004 17:06 Stewart Buckingham wrote: >> It's been a while since I last installed 1.1 and when I >> did it yesterday I forgot to de-select Ray Gwinn's com >> drivers. After installation I removed the entries from >> config.sys and un-remmed com.sys and vcom.sys but they >> won't load. I checked and it's in c:/os2/boot. What's >> the cure? :-) > > They must come after mouse/vmouse/pointdd device drivers in the > config.sys file. I believe they are, I checked while I was...

com.sys and usbser.sys question
I got a question, for those knowing more about that matter than myself, which shouldn't be hard ;-) Temporarily having 2 phone lines at my disposal, I wanted to put my old modem back to use as a phone number dialer, using the BonusPack PIM Phonebook application. But I had quite some trouble to get my COM1 port to work at all with any comm application. It finally turned out, that COM.SYS has to be loaded before USBSER.SYS, since otherwise USBSER.SYS is hijacking COM1 unnoticed. Now, in the order shown below, it assigns itself to COM6 (if not remed out), but COM1 still d...

Timex, Sinclair and Sinclair QL users...
Check this out: http://tinyurl.com/6s6r93 !! There's a lot of rare stuff on that auction! Shame the seller wants to sell it all in one go. On Dec 12, 1:06=A0am, zxbruno <zxspectrum...@gmail.com> wrote: > Check this out: > > http://tinyurl.com/6s6r93 > > !! > > There's a lot of rare stuff on that auction! Shame the seller wants to > sell it all in one go. I hope whoever gets it perserves the software. There's precious little Timex software out there. The hardware is less interesting. ...

SYSMAN: No SYS$SCRATCH/SYS$LOGIN ?
$ mc sysman SYSMAN> set env/node=velo %SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment: Individual nodes: VELO Username JFMEZEI will be used on nonlocal nodes SYSMAN> do show log sys$scratch %SYSMAN-I-OUTPUT, command execution on node VELO %SHOW-S-NOTRAN, no translation for logical name SYS$SCRATCH SYSMAN> There is also no SYS$LOGIN defined. (VAX 7,3 and Alpha 8.3) What is the reason behind the lack of those logicals ? JF Mezei wrote: > $ mc sysman > SYSMAN> set env/node=velo > %SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment: > Individual nodes:...

SYS$SPECIFIC and SYS$COMMON not enough?
Basically, the idea is that stuff specific to a given node will be in its SYS$SPECIFIC directory and stuff common to all nodes (satellites or not) booting from the same system disk will be in SYS$COMMON. A good idea as far as it goes, but does it go far enough? In particular, there are two additional categories, which I'll give the obvious names SYS$CLUSTER and SYS$WORLD. SYS$CLUSTER would include stuff common to all nodes in a cluster, i.e. would differ from SYS$COMMON if there is more than one system disk in the cluster. The obvious place for this stuff is somewhere which is not on ANY system disk. SYS$MANAGER:SYLOGICALS.TEMPLATE provides (at least in newer versions of VMS, starting with 7.2 I believe) a list of at least the most common candidates among VMS system files. Add to this procedures to mount disks in a cluster, SYLOGIN.COM etc. (Obviously, I'm thinking of a cluster where as much as possible is shared.) SYS$WORLD, on the other hand, would include stuff which is common to ALL VMS system disks in the world, e.g. the executables used by VMS itself. Obviously, this should be on EVERY system disk. Put another way, the current SYS$COMMON is a mixture of stuff common to all nodes which boot from that disk, stuff common to all VMS systems in the world and, if the stuff is not located somewhere else (pointed to by logicals in the case of VMS system files), stuff common to all nodes in the cluster (perhaps duplicated on more than one system...

LL(k) vs Strong_LL(k)
Hi everybody. I've proved that the families of LL(k) language and families of Strong LL(k) (SLL(k)) language are equal. It's very meaningful for LL(k) grammar analysis. But I wonder if it is a new result or not, is there any person who already proofed if before. Coud anyone tell me. Thank you very much. Fanta wrote: > I've proved that the families of LL(k) language and families of > Strong LL(k) (SLL(k)) language are equal. It's very meaningful for > LL(k) grammar analysis. But I wonder if it is a new result or not, is > there any person who already proofed if b...

FA: Spectrum mags, Sinclair User and Your Sinclair.
Hi Please take a look: http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=x-frankie-x&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50 At a start price of only �0.99 Bye. -- Michael Bruhn aka Frankie frankiex at domain webspeed.dk ...

To George
This code seems cool to me, because it deals with duplicates quite well. Do you mind if I web the source code? #!/usr/bin/perl #Author George Mpouras, 2015 #comp.lang.perl.misc use strict; use warnings; my @ListOfPossibleMatches = ( [ "be well", "kidney" ], [ "cancer", "gene", "third" ], [ "cancer", "nearly", "blood" ] ); my $text =<<EOTEXT; The drug, already taken by millions of patients to control blood sugar levels, is thought to be capable of starving some canc...

[k- =?Big5?B?ue+n3KSjtLqu8A==?= [k-
��ܤ�����>>>>�b�a�u�@�W�[���J www.cashcome.net �b���Gsohoman *W3 ...

\k, what does it do?
Dear All, I wanted to define a command \k{...} as a shorthand for \textit{...} \newcommand{\k}[1]{\textit{#1}} but the compiler complains (xelatex) and says: Command \k already defined. However, I did not find it in either The TeXbook nor the TeXikon by Schwarz/ Potu\v cek. Does anybody know what it does? Thanks, Oliver. -- Dr. Oliver Corff e-mail: corff@zedat.fu-berlin.de Oliver Corff wrote: > and says: Command \k already defined. > Does anybody know what it does? Not exactly, but I can tell you where to look: \show\k abc \showthe\k abc yields: -------------------------------------------------------------------- > \k=3Dmacro: ->\T1-cmd \k \T1\k . l.12 \show\k abc ! You can't use `the letter =A1' after \the. \\T1\k-a ->=A1 = l.14 \showthe\k a bc I'm forgetting what you said and using zero instead. > 0. \\T1\k-a ->=A1 = l.14 \showthe\k a bc -------------------------------------------------------------------- disabling \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} I get: -------------------------------------------------------------------- > \k=3Dmacro: ->\T1-cmd \k \T1\k . l.12 \show\k abc ! You can't use `\def' after \the. <recently read> \def = = l.14 \showthe\k abc I'm forgetting what you said and using zero instead...

To George
I want you to be clear on what I think of you. You are lower than Dog Shit - the Lowest of the Low When I first posted on this group you were immediate in personally attacking me because " I don't like Macs"- you are a Fucking Nazi. You are the worst of the worst - you make all the other Maccies look like the most rational people in the world. I think that if you have a family - you must make them walk around the house in lockstep - I think you are a fucking control freak. I would welcome you to take a punch - it would make my day. I wonder how many small ani...

what is ^K?
Greetings, Maybe this is not direcly Perl related... I'm using Perl (v5.8.0) on Linux (RedHat 9) to process a text file transferred from Windows to Unix. When I used 'vi' to open the text file, I saw a lot ^K. In perl, how can I get rid of it? I know I can use '$line =~ s/\r//g' to remove ^M. What about ^K? Thanks in advance for any help, Bing Bing Du <bdu@iastate.edu> wrote: > file, I saw a lot ^K. In perl, how can I get rid of it? I know I can > use '$line =~ s/\r//g' to remove ^M. What about ^K? s/\013//g -- Glenn Jackman NC...

How to get Sinclair programs off the net and into my Sinclair(s) ?
How do you take the Sinclair programs that are on the net, and get them into a audio file to load into a Sinclair? I would like to put some on a CD, or better yet on my iPod. Thanks. http://www.katmandew.com/Timex-Sinclair.htm KatManDEW <donwise@clover.net> wrote: > How do you take the Sinclair programs that are on the net, and get > them into a audio file to load into a Sinclair? I would like to put > some on a CD, or better yet on my iPod. If they're in tzx format, you can play them into an emulator and take the sound output and pipe it directly to a tape or a spectrum. -- | spike1@freenet.co.uk | Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a | | | graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit | | Andrew Halliwell BSc | operating system originally coded for a 4 bit | | in |microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that| | Computer Science | can't stand 1 bit of competition. | On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 23:43:50 +0000, Andrew Halliwell <spike1@ponder.sky.com> wrote: >KatManDEW <donwise@clover.net> wrote: >> How do you take the Sinclair programs that are on the net, and get >> them into a audio file to load into a Sinclair? I would like to put >> some on a CD, or better yet on my iPod. > >If they're in tzx format, you can play them into an emulator and take the >sound output and pipe it directly to a tape or a spectrum. Thanks f...

problem with reload(sys) (doing reload on the sys module)
Python 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information. **************************************************************** Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback interface. This connection is not visible on any external interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet. **************************************************************** IDLE 1.1.2 >&g...

sys.stdout / sys.stderr, subprocess, redirection
Hello, I have a piece of code that gets run in a script that has its stdout closed: import sys sys.stdout = sys.stderr c = subprocess.Popen (..., stdin = subprocess.PIPE, stdout = subprocess.PIPE, stderr = subprocess.STDOUT) and this is what I get: Sending SVNR/permissions Transmitting file data .svn: Commit failed (details follow): svn: 'pre-commit' hook failed with error output: Traceback (most recent call last): (...) File ".../__init__.py", line 40, in run stderr...

How test if language is LL(k) or LR(k) ?
Where k is not specified. I would not testing if is LL(1),LL(2),LL(3) to infinity but test if language if LL(k) and would be nice if algorithm return k, find k for LL(k) LR(K) in finite time. Borneq <a.moderacja@gmail.com> writes: > Where k is not specified. > I would not testing if is LL(1),LL(2),LL(3) to infinity but test if > language if LL(k) and would be nice if algorithm return k, find k for > LL(k) LR(K) in finite time. The algorithms which generate parsers from grammars get to "conflict" points when they need to disambiguate the grammar, and at those points one can essentially iterate to find k (and then take the max k over all the points to determine k for a given grammar). In some cases, you can easily establish that there is no such k. However, there are other cases where the existence of k cannot be easily proven or disproven. There are ways of constructing grammars such that if you can prove they are non-ambiguous (and have a k, such that they are LR(k), you can show that certain arbitrary Turing machines halt. Since, the latter problem cannot be solved algorithmically, neither can the former. Thus, if you start by iterating on increasing k's, your program may never halt. Thus, simply increasing k at each conflict point is not a panacea to your problem. The best answer such an algorithm can produce is that your grammar isn't LL(k) or LR(k) for values of k less than this. And, by the way, the memory requirements for...

Description of sum(1/k,k=1..n)
I have been looking at sum(1/k,k=1..n) for a method of describing the resulging fixed point evaluation. The sum either terminates or repeats indefinately. For n>3, it repeats. I was interested in the quotient, number of non-repeating and repeating digits, respectively. s:=sum(1/k,k=1..n); Conjecture: The number of non-repeating digits is from the 2^a and 5^b factors of denom(s), specifically, max(a,b); I do not have a proof of this. The number of repeating digits is from the Euler and Carmichael theorems. Here is some code. Suggestions are welcome. restart;wi...

Web resources about - REVENGE from George K. - comp.sys.sinclair

Revenge of the Birds - For Arizona Cardinals Fans
Arizona Cardinals blog for SB Nation network. Covering the Arizona Cardinals 24/7. Be a Redbird watcher with us, but please follow our community ...

Revenge (season 1) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The first season of the ABC American television drama series Revenge premiered on September 11, 2011 and concluded on May 23, 2012, with a total ...

Search Twitter - Revenge
... Learn more here Search Refresh Gemini Zodiac Sign @ gemini_guru 2m #Gemini don't usually have the attention span to focus on a satisfying revenge ...

In 1958, when I was three years old, the Dodgers moved and with them took pro sports in Brooklyn. The owner of the team, Walter O'Malley , wanted ...

Add Champ - Revenge of Subtraction on the App Store on iTunes
Get Add Champ - Revenge of Subtraction on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

NRL round 4: Brisbane Broncos look for revenge against North Queensland Cowboys
All you need to know ahead of round 4 of the NRL season.

Al-Qaeda: Ivory Coast attack was ‘revenge’ against France
Al-Qaeda: Ivory Coast attack was ‘revenge’ against France

Thursday Evening Open Thread: Carson’s Revenge
Ted Cruz should’ve thought twice before ratfvcking Dr. Carson in Iowa . Per the Washington Post : MIAMI — Conservative favorite Ben Carson, ...

Microsoft expands transparency report to include details of revenge porn removal requests
... Hub, Microsoft published the latest of its transparency reports. This time around the report has been expanded to include details of revenge ...

Trump's revenge
Trump's revenge by digby The level of hatred Trump feels for President Obama can't be overstated. In that he's not much different than his followers ...