Sinclair +128K, DivIDE Plus, 7th Reality, Strider - anomalous lines on screen

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone in this group might be able to help me. I've been
rediscovering my mispent youth and have dug out my old Sinclair
Spectrum +128K and recently bought a DivIDE Plus interface - talk
about upgrade! I have been having a great time watching all the demos
(none of which I saw as a kid) and playing all the old games but have
come across some anomalies that I can't explain.

When I play the 7th reality demo by Digital Reality or when I play
Strider 1 my Speccy shows these horizontal lines, arranged vertically
in about 5 columns. The lines appear when sprites move on the screen
and not when the screen is static. They do appear in 7th reality when
it is either loading the next scene or unpacking but I can't tell
which. My initial suspicions were that the ROM, ULA or Z80 CPU were
faulty but I have swapped all those chips from two other 128K Speccys
and the result is the same. I have also tested the RAM using various
testing programs and they always pass.

The lines look something like the representation below and they seem
to 'shimmer' in response to sprite movement. They almost look like
digital interference lines  - it is not the RF modulator as I am using
RGB composite signal:

_   _      _      _  _
_   _       _      _  _
_   _       _      _  _
_   _       _      _  _
_   _       _      _  _

I understand that the 7th Reality demo may have been written for the
Pentagon or other Russian clones using TRDOS (even though there is a
TAP file) but that doesn't explain why I get this on my copy of
Strider 1 during gameplay.

I have done plenty 'Googling' but have not come up with an
explanation. Could anyone out there confirm they get the same problem
or tell me why it happens?

Yours hopefully,

Joe

comp.sys.sinclair 6096 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"gatchaman" <joeclifford@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I play the 7th reality demo by Digital Reality or when I play
> Strider 1 my Speccy shows these horizontal lines, arranged vertically
> in about 5 columns. The lines appear when sprites move on the screen
> and not when the screen is static. They do appear in 7th reality when
> it is either loading the next scene or unpacking but I can't tell
> which. My initial suspicions were that the ROM, ULA or Z80 CPU were
> faulty but I have swapped all those chips from two other 128K Speccys
> and the result is the same. I have also tested the RAM using various
> testing programs and they always pass.

It's ULA snow, and is not unusual in demos written for the Russian machines
when you try to run them on a real Spectrum. (I don't know about Strider.)

See http://www.zxdesign.info/dynamicRam.shtml

Eq.

Thanks for the quick reply and info. You beat me to it. I had been on
that site before, a few months back, but did not thoroughly digest the
information contained within - 'Snow' didn't immediately make me think
that that is what I was seeing. I ran the BASIC program on this page:
http://www.zxdesign.info/harlequinSnow.shtml earlier today and I get
the same anomalies. I was so impressed I bought the book! I don't
think I'll be building my own Speccy clone any time soon though - what
a massive undertaking Chris Smith has performed.

Still, Strider is making me wonder....

Thanks again, Joe
Is he describing the contention issue where the  contended ram should not
really be being accessed at that time. I seem to recall the 128 was worse in
this respect than the plus 2 was. Also of course, if there is any weird
interference on the bus, the toast rack machine was far worse for this and
hanging with add ons as well. I'm sure the daft connector for the  five volt
regulator should be dispensed with and the wires soldered directly to the
device  which helped this  a lot. but  nonetheless, I cannot recall any
problems with the original Strider due to  ula problems back in the day, so
unless this was a rewritten version or somthing I don't know.
Strider was a very 'pretty' con job for colour!

Brian

--
Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
in the display name may be lost.
"Paul E Collins" <find_my_real_address@CL4.org> wrote in message
> "gatchaman" <joeclifford@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> When I play the 7th reality demo by Digital Reality or when I play
>> Strider 1 my Speccy shows these horizontal lines, arranged vertically
>> in about 5 columns. The lines appear when sprites move on the screen
>> and not when the screen is static. They do appear in 7th reality when
>> it is either loading the next scene or unpacking but I can't tell
>> which. My initial suspicions were that the ROM, ULA or Z80 CPU were
>> faulty but I have swapped all those chips from two other 128K Speccys
>> and the result is the same. I have also tested the RAM using various
>> testing programs and they always pass.
>
> It's ULA snow, and is not unusual in demos written for the Russian
> machines when you try to run them on a real Spectrum. (I don't know about
> Strider.)
>
> See http://www.zxdesign.info/dynamicRam.shtml
>
> Eq.

0
Briang1 (1214)
11/11/2010 7:27:21 PM
That happens if I Register is below 128. Russian Machines have Fast RAM,
so no such thing occurs and the coders put I Register very low often,
not thinking about users of original machines. On Velesofts homepage
there is a Unrainer Chip for +2, and I also have a switchable Unrainer
build in in my 128+, so no such effects appear here if I switch it on.

LCD
0
LCD

FA: Spectrum mags, Sinclair User and Your Sinclair.
Hi Please take a look: http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=x-frankie-x&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50 At a start price of only �0.99 Bye. -- Michael Bruhn aka Frankie frankiex at domain webspeed.dk ...

SINCLAIR ZX81 'n TIMEX-SINCLAIR 1000/1500
Bonjour, We now have 2 NEW ZX81/TS1000 web sites, 2 NEW programmers and 4 NEW programs available. "CHOPPER DROP 3000" by Philip Lord at "http://www.tinyurl.com/2fpasj" "WAR GAME"........... "EAGLE".................... "RETROBEAMER"...... by Jens Sommerfeld at "http:// zx81.ordi5.free.fr/jens" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The 12th annual meeting of ZX-TEAM will be held from the 11th to the 13th of April. Get more infos from "http://www.zx-team.de/" ---...

SINCLAIR ZX81 'n TIMEX-SINCLAIR 1000/1500
Bonjour, We now have 2 NEW ZX81/TS1000 web sites, 2 NEW programmers and 4 NEW programs available. "CHOPPER DROP 3000" by Philip Lord at "http://www.tinyurl.com/2fpasj" "WAR GAME"........... "EAGLE".................... "RETROBEAMER"...... by Jens Sommerfeld at "http:// zx81.ordi5.free.fr/jens" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The 12th annual meeting of ZX-TEAM will be held from the 11th to the 13th of April. Get more infos from "http://www.zx-team.de/" ---...

moving screen line not actual line
hi there, been having a look around but can't seem to find a way to do this... on some files (typically HTML files) with long lines i'd sometimes prefer it if the down arrow moved the point one screen line down and not to the same position on the next 'actual' line. i'm using emacs21 on debian stable, thanks for any help, kev bailey kev <deeval_oper@bigfoot.com> writes: >on some files (typically HTML files) with long lines i'd sometimes prefer >it if the down arrow moved the point one screen line down and not to the >same position on the next &...

Broken 2nd hand 'Sinclair Spectrum 128K' (probably the UK ver.)
Hi NG I have bought a seemingly broken 128K Speccy. The calculator makes some (some dozen) vertical bars, from the bottom up to the top, in GREEN, BRIGHT GREEN, MAGENTA and BLACK. Bright Green and Green bars are FLASHING with/to Magenta. Opened up, chips are getting warm and hot (CPU, ROM, ULA, etc.). PCF1603P (ZX8401) kept cool?? Best regards, Daniel Mandic P.S.: Spending holiday the next weeks. Best Wishes to all. Long live the Sinclair and Computers. I assume this is with nothing plugged in the back? I think the ULA you mention does run cool, so I doubt if that is any indica...

moving cursor up/down screen lines (not document lines)
Dear all, I'd like to move the cursor up/down screen lines, not document lines. These two modes of cursor movement differ in the case of overlong wrapped lines. A nice person gave me the solution below. It allows to change the visual lines with S-up, S-down. Unfortunately, they move the cursor to the first column, too. I'd appreciate a version of the two functions that additionally preserve the visual column of the cursor. Thank you very much, Uli ;; shift up/down a line >on screen< (defun next-screen-line (arg) (interactive "p") (vertical-motion arg)) ...

insert a blank line to divide blocks of lines
I need to insert a blank line to divide blocks of lines. The blocks are defined as consecutive live with the same first column and the same second column: aaaaa bbbbb zzzzzz aaaaa bbbbb yyyyy aaaaa ccccc xxxxx aaaaa ccccc wwwww The 2 first lines are a block and the 2 last lines are also a block, so they should be a line inserted between them. Any idea? hamateur wrote: > I need to insert a blank line to divide blocks of lines. The blocks are > defined as consecutive live with the same first column and the same > second column: > > aaaaa bbbbb zzzzzz > aaaaa bbbbb ...

For sale: games for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k) & IBM PC (5.25" & 3.5" & CD)
I have many old games, on 5.25" & 3.5" & CD for PC and on tapes for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k). I need to sell some of them. Would you like to buy any? I have bank accounts in the U.K.; the Republic of Ireland; Sweden; Germany; the Netherlands and Italy, so I can accept payment in a number of currencies and in a number of ways. I live at 2461 Via Tosco Romagnola, Titignano, 56023 Cascina (PI), Italy. Send me an email or a lett...

Sinclair on the Top
Look Look http://www.1000bit.net/database4.asp !!! The top 20 most wanted computers between all users' wishlists !!!! Best Regards, Daniel Mandic Daniel Mandic schreef: > http://www.1000bit.net/database4.asp > > !!! The top 20 most wanted computers between all users' wishlists !!!! > > Best Regards, > > Daniel Mandic You mean the ZX Spectrum + 128k of course Rick ...

CPM for Sinclair?
Since the Sinclair was Z80 based, was there ever a version of CP/M made? Or were they too 'non standard' to pull that off? In message <jV0_e.368200$x96.188556@attbi_s72>, Ziggy <Ziggy@faked-address.com> writes >Since the Sinclair was Z80 based, was there ever a version of CP/M made? > >Or were they too 'non standard' to pull that off? Yes this was/is available for the Plus 3 which could be configured to have 64K of addressable RAM. The display is a bit naff as you have a 32 or 51 character wide window on an 80 column screen. Distribution is denied as...

Sinclair on BBC4
Sir Clive jumping over some computers (or something), the ZX80, 81 and Spectrum and some interviews make it into BBC4's Time Shift: Hard Drive Heaven (The History Of Home Computers). For once, Sinclair gets the air-time he deserves as a rather more accurate picture of the history of computers (in the home) is broadcast at long last. No more is the Spectrum cast aside while boring people discuss which version of Windows is the best. The only computer which compares on air-time is, unsurprisingly, the BBC Micro. Unfortunately the Amiga doesn't even get a passing mention (although you do get to see one briefly, and the blue and orange tones of Workbench 1.3 are clearly visible in the background in one scene), which is IMHO a bit of an oversight especially considering the BBC (erm, Micro) wasn't anywhere near as popular in the home, but I digress. Even the Darling Brothers are in on the act. If you are "digital enabled" and see this message in time, tune into BBC4 for the repeat at 1am. Chris On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:48:14 +0000, Chris Young <unsatisfactory@bigfoot.com> wrote: >If you are "digital enabled" and see this message in time, tune into >BBC4 for the repeat at 1am. Thanks for the heads up. I'll do just that! I watched the "Tetris: From Russia With Love" thing earlier and, after all the allusion to scandal and KGB involvement in the trailers for it, I thought it was actually a pretty dull sto...

line on screen
Hello, my sister just purchased a new toshiba laptop and now it has a line going up the screen three quarters of the way to the right. It's only a couple of months old. What could cause this. she said at first it was red, now it looks yellow. Thanks tonita wrote: > my sister just purchased a new toshiba laptop and now it has a line > going up the screen three quarters of the way to the right. It's only > a couple of months old. What could cause this. she said at first it > was red, now it looks yellow. It's probably a failure in one of the column drivers, or perhaps an interconnect failure inside the LCD. Unlikely, but also possible: video RAM or LCD cable. However, it doesn't really matter - this is a warranty issue; run, don't walk to Toshiba and get it replaced ASAP. It's a hardware failure of the LCD screen itself. You need to have it repaired while it's still in warranty, because it's going to be horriffically expensive (like $400 to $700) out of warranty. It will probably have to be sent off to a service center. The color of the line will change with the screen contents. Hint: remove the hard drive before sending it in for repair. Also, if any memory has been added to the laptop, remove the ADDED memory, but do not remove the memory that came with the unit. tonita wrote: > Hello, > > my sister just purchased a new toshiba laptop and now it has a line > going up the screen three quarte...

Sinclair QL on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50223&item=8141722847&rd=1 ...

Sinclair Weekend in Cambridge
Hi, The Centre for Computing History is holding a Sinclair weekend in Cambridge on the 1st and 2nd March. Here's the details on their website: http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/32457/Sinclair-Weekend Cheers, John Well that seems to have killed everyone off! Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active <digital.wilderness@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:bbcc1266-5eb4-432c-9bc4-1e4ae18a82ab@googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > The Centre for Computing History is holding a Sinclair weekend in > Cambridge on the 1st and 2nd March. Here's the details on their website: > > http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/32457/Sinclair-Weekend > > Cheers, > > John So, crisps... On 07/02/2014 12:36, Brian_Gaff wrote: > Well that seems to have killed everyone off! > Brian > addicted to Spuds he said bastardising a well known tune? Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ "Andrew Owen" <aowen10@mail.bbk.ac.uk> wrote in message news:ld86vp$kgn$1@speranza.aioe.org... > So, crisps... > > On 07/02/2014 12:36, Brian_Gaff wrote: >> Well that seems to have killed everyone off! >> ...

Sinclair QL at the tip
Hiya spec chums. I was down the tip earlier today getting rid of a load of clutter from my garage, when I saw a sinclair QL discarded in the area where people can leave stuff that others may want. Just made me smile, as I haven't seen one of those in the flesh for donkeys years. I might nip back and grab it to see if it still works. Is there much of a market for old unwanted sinclair stuff I wonder? Sub On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:33:30 -0500, Sublimosis25 <arse@nospam.com> wrote: >Hiya spec chums. > >I was down the tip earlier today getting >rid of a load of clutter from ...

The Sinclair Microdrive Nightmare
Hi folks, following the "Sinclair ZX Spectrum - 30th Birthday Anniversary 2012 - The = Movie" http://youtu.be/Kh4hkIyjdNE and the series of "Sinclair ZX Spectrum = 1983 System Test ROM Cartridge" http://youtu.be/DugDeLdxmaw videos I had th= is intention to produce more videos in that line. Next topic would be the "= Sinclair ZX Spectrum 1983 Microdrives in use". I had the plot ready, setup = of the scene completed and up we go. Everything looked so nice and started = in peace. But then... The Microdrive, the ill-fated =93mass=94 storage system invented in 1982/19= 83 by Sinclair Research Ltd for use with their Sinclair ZX Spectrum and QL = and the ICL=92s OPD personal computers, gave me a nightmare. See it here: "The Sinclair Microdrive Nightmare - part 1" http://youtu.be/a= FzZJkXRwsU Enjoy the summer weekend! Cheers, Urs -------------------------------------------------- http://www.youtube.com/QLvsJaguar Sinclair, QL, ATARI, JAGUAR, NUON, APPLE & more... Videos, pictures & background information http://simonowen.com/sam/shamview/shamview.dsk On Saturday, June 30, 2012 9:52:31 AM UTC+1, Urs wrote: > Hi folks, >=20 > following the "Sinclair ZX Spectrum - 30th Birthday Anniversary 2012 - Th= e Movie" http://youtu.be/Kh4hkIyjdNE and the series of "Sinclair ZX Spectru= m 1983 System Test ROM Cartridge" http://youtu.be/DugDeLdxmaw videos I had = this intention to pr...

Web Browser for Sinclair?
Has anyone developed a web broswer for the Sinclair +? I am willing to bet such a product would be quite popular with Speccy users. Sincerely, Paul Allen Panks dunric@yahoo.com -- panks@sdf.lonestar.org SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.lonestar.org "Paul Allen Panks" <panks@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote in message news:bg063v$115$3@chessie.cirr.com... | Has anyone developed a web broswer for the Sinclair +? I am willing to bet | such a product would be quite popular with Speccy users. | | Sincerely, | | Paul Allen Panks | dunric@yahoo.com | | -- | panks@sdf.lonestar....

Clive Sinclair book
A friend of mine while helping me to clear up the other day has found in my vaults a little book written by Clive Sinclair. something to do with making small electronic projects using semiconductors or similar. copyright 1960. Seems rather old. Brian -- Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk Note:- In order to reduce spam, any email without 'Brian Gaff' in the display name may be lost. Blind user, so no pictures please! On 4 Apr, 09:24, "Brian Gaff" <Bria...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > A friend of mine while helping me to clear up the other day has found in = my > vaults a little book written by Clive Sinclair. something to do with maki= ng > small electronic projects using semiconductors or similar. copyright 1960= .. > Seems rather old. > =A0Brian Historical witness. Keep it! Mentore Brian Gaff wrote: > ... found in my vaults a little book written by Clive Sinclair. Something like this: http://vintageradio.me.uk/oas/sinclairtranccts.htm He wrote 13 Bernard Babani books, I can only find the titles of the first one and the last one: 1959: Practical transistor receivers Book 1 1962: Modern Transistor Circuits for Beginners JGH On Apr 4, 8:24=A0am, "Brian Gaff" <Bria...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > A friend of mine while helping me to clear up the other day has found in = my > vaults a little book written by Clive Sinclair. something to do with maki= ng > small electronic projects using semiconducto...

Sinclair OS for Laptops
I recently read about the maker of SPIN emulator Paul dunn making a OS for old 486 and pentium laptops. Has anything become of this do you know? It was going to be sinclair basic compatible but be as fast as machine code? Personally, if he made it and it supported the parrallel port addressed as any port we liked - it would be very useful indeed! "dickydodds" <dicky@dickydodds.com> wrote in message news:1184064275.439375.313440@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I recently read about the maker of SPIN emulator Paul dunn making a OS > for old 486 and pentium laptops. Ha...

Thing on BBC1 about Sinclair
Hi Did anybody see the thing on BBC 1 the other night about the C5, which also featured a short interview with Sir Clive, and a man who collected Spectrums. It might have been a regional programme (BBC East Midlands in this case), but it was really good. -- Alex Taylor Try the following link. I think that the video you requirre is here. http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/results.pl?scope=newsukfs&tab=new s&q=sinclair+c5 Regards Mike "Alex Taylor" <astravan@thresp.com> wrote in message news:G4BFd.319$9P5.204@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net... > Hi > > Did anybody see the thing on BBC 1 the other night about the C5, which > also featured a short interview with Sir Clive, and a man who collected > Spectrums. > > It might have been a regional programme (BBC East Midlands in this > case), but it was really good. ...

Timex Sinclair 1500
I have a TS1500 with a dead keyboard. I opened it up, saw a small crack on the lead, trimmed it back and still no keys work. Is there a way to test if there is power going out to the keyboard? Bil H. www.ts1000.us sadly that's a common failure, try some fine grit sand paper on the ribbon, maybe its not making good contact. If that doesn't work, I'm pretty sure the keyboard is toast. I have a bunch of 1000's like that. If its dead, save it I could use a 1500 motherboard "Bill H" <bill@ts1000.us> wrote in message news:1111703559.987224.168740@o13g2000cw...

The Sinclair Spectrum is rubbish!
The Brits are too stupid for building computers, cars or anything else... USA USA USA! -F.R. Ah school holidays have come early this year. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ "ForeverRent" <hesacopontheedge@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:jphcvj$osd$1@speranza.aioe.org... > The Brits are too stupid for building computers, cars or anything else... > > USA USA USA! > > -F.R. > On Wed, 23 May 2012, ForeverRent wrote: > The Brits are too stupid for building computers, cars or anything else... > > USA USA USA! Outstanding. deKay -- Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that Ignore the address-spoofing troll. Carry on. On Wed, 23 May 2012 03:02:42 +0200, ForeverRent wrote: (OK, I'l byte... troll scoring NG followup removed) > The Brits are too stupid for building computers, cars or anything else... > > USA USA USA! While the Americans did design the worlds best 8Bit home computer... (dons flameproof suit) ....why is it that nearly all the good games came from PAL land? And if it wernt for us brits building computers, the '...

WTD: Future Your Sinclair
Wanted copies of YS published by Future, i.e. all of 1992 and June and July in 1993. -- Tarquin Mills (Chairman) ACCUS (Anglia Classic Computer Users Society) http://www.speccyverse.me.uk/comp/accus/ http://www.PetitionOnline.com/Spectrum/ (We want a Spectrum +4) La tempo, Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:01:21 GMT , La loco, comp.sys.sinclair .. Tarquin Mills <accus@nojunkmail.com> scribis >Wanted copies of YS published by Future, i.e. all of 1992 and >June and July in 1993. I have a few, if you want them (and not just ish 94 :)) -- Wanted: Argos catalogues...

Your Sinclair
Does anyone own a copy of Your Sinclair Magazine Issue 9, September 1986 (Miami Vice on cover), that they would be willing to sell to me? Cheers, Brian ...

Unix for the Sinclair Spectrum?
Where can I find Unix for the Sinclair Spectrum on tape or microdrive cartridge ? On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Adam Ben Nalois wrote: > Where can I find Unix for the Sinclair Spectrum on tape or microdrive cartridge ? UNIX for the Spectrum, called Spectrix, will be released on April 1st, 2004, by Sinclair Research. Apparantly, it's part of the 20th anniversary celebrations. OTOH, you might want to check out a BBC Micro with the Torch 68010 co-processor. It ran a version of UNIX, all those years ago. -- Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA . * * . * .* . ...

Web resources about - Sinclair +128K, DivIDE Plus, 7th Reality, Strider - anomalous lines on screen - comp.sys.sinclair

Anomalous magnetic dipole moment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In quantum electrodynamics , the anomalous magnetic moment of a particle is a contribution of effects of quantum mechanics , expressed by Feynman ...

Flickr: Anomalous Productions' Photostream
If I were good at describing things, I would have become a writer. I was a college student at a previous time, trying to earn my Bachelor's in ...

Get Anomalous, Funky And Dreamy With 11 Bit Studios’ Upcoming Triple Treat
... is anything but a two-bit game developer. Source: 11 Bit Studios Via: Joystiq Anomaly Warzone Earth Anomaly Warzone Earth HD Get Anomalous, ...

Strongly magnetic pulsar could explain anomalous supernovas
Infrared image of dust swathing a magnetized pulsar—a magnetar—known as SGR 1900+14. NASA/JPL-Caltech/S. Wachter (Spitzer Science Center) Supernovae ...

Pope Francis Knocks Abortion, Christian Persecution, War and 'Anomalous Lifetyles;' Says Men and Women ...
... of the environment and a recognition and adherence to "moral law" in society while knocking abortion, war, Christian persecution and "anomalous" ...

Peña: Probing anomalous contracts a priority
... Makati City Hall, acting Mayor Romulo "Kid" Peña said on Monday (July 6) that one of his top priorities is to investigate the allegedly anomalous ...

Anomalous Zone of Dancing Trees
It’s the place in the Kaliningrad regon of Russia where trees do not grow normally. And the place without birds. The mystic place of the “dancing ...

Javier Baez and the Anomalous Dinger
Here is Mike Trout hitting an anomalous dinger: Your browser does not support iframes. The homer demonstrated that Mike Trout is special, because ...

When Anomalous, And Almost Certainly Wrong, Results Get The Most Attention
The amazing rendezvous last week of the European Space Agency’s Rosetta spacecraft with a comet 317 million miles from the Earth after a ten-year ...

The Anomalous X-Ray Arms of the Galaxy Known as NGC 4258
... than the one in our galaxy — and it's blasting gas out of the galactic plane, creating those purple galactic arms that astronomers dub "anomalous" ...