Sinclair BASIC emulator

For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC
emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or 10
hours ago.

Enjoy!

--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Change is inevitable,
except from vending machines!

comp.sys.sinclair 6096 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On May 26, 8:12 pm, "Sam Gillett" <sgillettnos...@diespammergte.net>
wrote:
> For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC
> emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or 10
> hours ago.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Sam Gillett
>
> Change is inevitable,
> except from vending machines!

Is it the same one made a few years ago, or a new one?
I think a C64 to Sinclair Basic would be useful, even if not perfect.

Thanks.
"zxbruno" wrote ...

> On May 26, 8:12 pm, "Sam Gillett" <sgillettnos...@diespammergte.net>
> wrote:
>> For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC
>> emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or
>> 10
>> hours ago.
>>
>> Enjoy!
>
> Is it the same one made a few years ago, or a new one?
> I think a C64 to Sinclair Basic would be useful, even if not perfect.
>
> Thanks.

It was a repost of a program originally posted in December of 1998.
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Change is inevitable,
except from vending machines!

What I need is one that runs on the PC and makes screenreaderreadable
listings and displays, ie, not like most emulators which display the text in
a graphical system with no readable text.

Brian

Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

"Sam Gillett" <sgillettnospam@diespammergte.net> wrote in message
> For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC
> emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or
> 10 hours ago.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Sam Gillett
>
> Change is inevitable,
> except from vending machines!

0
Briang1 (1214)

>>For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC
>>emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or
10
>>hours ago.
I don't understand the "Sinclair BASIC" experssion!
The C64 is a computer ... with the CBM Basic...
But,  Sinclair BASIC is a tradmarck... Zx80 Basic? ... Zx81 Basic? Spectrum
Basic? or QL Basic?

> What I need is one that runs on the PC and makes screenreaderreadable
> listings and displays, ie, not like most emulators which display the text
in
> a graphical system with no readable text.
You can use a Fnt or a True-Type font on a PC !

0
GzavSnap
5/27/2008 9:28:28 PM
GzavSnap wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC
>>> emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or
> 10
>>> hours ago.
> I don't understand the "Sinclair BASIC" experssion!
> The C64 is a computer ... with the CBM Basic...
> But,  Sinclair BASIC is a tradmarck... Zx80 Basic? ... Zx81 Basic? Spectrum
> Basic? or QL Basic?
>
>> What I need is one that runs on the PC and makes screenreaderreadable
>> listings and displays, ie, not like most emulators which display the text
> in
>> a graphical system with no readable text.
> You can use a Fnt or a True-Type font on a PC !

Well done - you missed the point.
No No, you cannot simply change a font. The emulators display the screen as
a picture. There is no way to pick up the text and speak it.

"GzavSnap" <zx81.pas2spams.ordi5 chez free en france> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>>>For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC
>>>emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or
> 10
>>>hours ago.
> I don't understand the "Sinclair BASIC" experssion!
> The C64 is a computer ... with the CBM Basic...
> But,  Sinclair BASIC is a tradmarck... Zx80 Basic? ... Zx81 Basic?
> Spectrum
> Basic? or QL Basic?
>
>> What I need is one that runs on the PC and makes screenreaderreadable
>> listings and displays, ie, not like most emulators which display the text
> in
>> a graphical system with no readable text.
> You can use a Fnt or a True-Type font on a PC !

0
Briang1 (1214)
5/28/2008 7:22:30 AM
> No No, you cannot simply change a font. The emulators display the screen
as
> a picture. There is no way to pick up the text and speak it.

Ok ...
I had to read this tread again!

Sam Gillett:
"For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC
emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or 10
hours ago."
Ok, someone had post a C64 program how able to run a Sinclair Basic Program!

You had to use a C64 emulator to run it and launch you *Sinclair Basic*.

Brian:
"What I need is one that runs on the PC and makes screenreaderreadable
listings and displays"
" ie, not like most emulators which display  he text in a graphical system
with no readable text."
Most of emulator had to use a grafic bit generator to display the listing.
A bitmap picture is generated in a Direct Draw/X picture box.
But, you want to be able to cut/move and copy all characters as an Ascii
text box? (using a PC font)
In this case, this program will be an interpreter ... not an emulator!
You don't need to emule the computer, the rom bios or all memory calls.
Just type-in a text file and run it!

If you had to retrive a listing, you had to get the Basic memory segment (or
a saved file) and you had to detokenize it to a text file.
ZxToken is able to convert a Zx80, Zx81 and Spectum file to a text listing.
If you had to run it under an emulator, you had to rebuild the Basic memory
segment. (ZxToken or ZmakeBas)
Vb81 XuR is able to pick to screen in Ascii format, but, you can't throw an
Ascii string in emulated Basic editor.
This Ascii string had to be enter, using keys... and it's very difficulte to
code it!

Have Fun.
Xav.

ZxToken URL : <http://dskcenter.free.fr/zxtools.html> Zx80/Zx81 -
Tokenizer/Detokenizer (zx8x/Spectrum).
ZmakeBas URL : <http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/tools> (w32 rebuild - orginal C#
codes by Russell Marks)

0
GzavSnap
5/28/2008 5:06:21 PM
GzavSnap <zx81.pas2spams.ordi5 chez free en france> wrote:
> A bitmap picture is generated in a Direct Draw/X picture box.
> But, you want to be able to cut/move and copy all characters as an Ascii
> text box? (using a PC font)

No, he wants one that'll be readable with a screen reader. Text to speech.
Brian is blind.

--
|                          |What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack|
|  spike1@freenet.co.uk    |in the ground beneath a giant boulder, which you|
> GzavSnap <zx81.pas2spams.ordi5 chez free en france> wrote:
> > A bitmap picture is generated in a Direct Draw/X picture box.
> > But, you want to be able to cut/move and copy all characters as an Ascii
> > text box? (using a PC font)
>
> No, he wants one that'll be readable with a screen reader. Text to speech.
> Brian is blind.
I can redirect the vb81's D_File (display memory) in a text box !
It will be the first Zx81 emulator to display the screen in text mode...

I don't know if i can use a speech generator in this codes.

0
GzavSnap
6/2/2008 12:10:48 PM
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:10:48 +0200 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
to MC GzavSnap:

> I can redirect the vb81's D_File (display memory) in a text box !
> It will be the first Zx81 emulator to display the screen in text mode...

I think z81txt (part of Russell Marks' z81) may have been first!  I
daresay your suggestion would be the first for Windows though.

I suppose if you also utilise Mike Wynne's SP81 ROM, then you have a
text mode Speccy emulator of sorts.

Regards
Chris

|  http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk  |
| Your Sinclair: A Celebration              |

chris.usenet (763)
6/2/2008 5:50:14 PM
"Chris Young" <chris.usenet@mail-filter.com> a �crit dans le message de
> On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:10:48 +0200 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
rappin'
> to MC GzavSnap:
>
> > I can redirect the vb81's D_File (display memory) in a text box !
> > It will be the first Zx81 emulator to display the screen in text mode...
>
> I think z81txt (part of Russell Marks' z81) may have been first!  I
> daresay your suggestion would be the first for Windows though.
>
> I suppose if you also utilise Mike Wynne's SP81 ROM, then you have a
> text mode Speccy emulator of sorts.
>
> Regards
> Chris

Hi all,

"Mike Wynne's SP81 ROM"
.... No, i plan to rewrite the emulator using fb_spch.dll or the MsTTss Dlls.
It will able to read alls displayed text lines.
But, all of the interface had to be rewrite to allow to use it with vocals
informations.
All text adventures games will be availables...
Xav.

0
GzavSnap
6/3/2008 4:55:11 PM
"Brian Gaff" <Briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de
> No No, you cannot simply change a font. The emulators display the screen
as
> a picture. There is no way to pick up the text and speak it.
>
> Brian

Hi Brian,

Good news!
My first test release of a text screen emulator is ready.
Could you try it and test your speech generator?

You can download it :
- Exe file and french vb DLLs routime installer at
http://zx81.vb81/download/VB81_TexT_exe.zip
(juste unzip it to a temp directory and launch install.exe)

- Exe file and ressources at if Dlls are allready loaded at
http://zx81.vb81/download/VB81_TexT_res.zip
( unzip it in a new folder )

If it work, let me know!

Note:
I had the add a speech link to Ms Text-to-speech, the programme steel mute!

Have Fun.
Xav.

0
GzavSnap
6/6/2008 12:23:36 PM
Sorry http link are wrong :

 http://zx81.vb81.free.fr/download/VB81_TexT_exe.zip
 (juste unzip it to a temp directory and launch install.exe)

 - Exe file and ressources at if Dlls are allready loaded at
 http://zx81.vb81.free.fr/download/VB81_TexT_res.zip
 ( unzip it in a new folder )

or http://zx81.vb81.free.fr/download/
 If it work, let me know!

Have Fun.
 Xav.

0
GzavSnap
6/6/2008 1:00:43 PM
Chris Young wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:10:48 +0200 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
> to MC GzavSnap:
>
>> I can redirect the vb81's D_File (display memory) in a text box !
>> It will be the first Zx81 emulator to display the screen in text mode...
>
> I think z81txt (part of Russell Marks' z81) may have been first!  I
> daresay your suggestion would be the first for Windows though.

I did something similar with my code translator. The program translates
the ZX80 ROM into standard "C" and then compiles that into a native
application. Since the result is a "C" program, one can easily replace
the ZX80 print routine with any other text output routine, for example
stdout. One of the original ideas was to have ZX80 BASIC running in a
regular terminal window, and it is pretty much 95% there.

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/undo-redo/>

Matthias
0
mm174 (57)

MS BASIC, Sinclair BASIC, STOS BASIC: derivatives comparison?
I see that there're a number of derivatives of MS BASIC, Sinclair BASIC, and STOS BASIC still in active development (e. g.: QB64, MMBasic; BASin; sdlBasic.) And, as it seems, there's a renewed interest in smaller, "BASIC-as-an-OS" computers (check, e. g., Maximite [1] and its derivatives.) I wonder if there's a good comparison of their respective features? I'm especially interested in any of them being compared to either Beta BASIC (a Sinclair BASIC derivative, presumably no longer in development), or its derivatives (SAM BASIC, MasterBASIC.) TIA. [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximite -- FSF associate member #7257 On Nov 26, 5:32=A0am, Ivan Shmakov <oneing...@gmail.com> wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 I see that there're a number of derivatives of MS BASIC, > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Sinclair BASIC, and STOS BASIC still in active developmen= t > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 (e. g.: QB64, MMBasic; BASin; sdlBasic.) =A0And, as it se= ems, > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 there's a renewed interest in smaller, "BASIC-as-an-OS" > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 computers (check, e. g., Maximite [1] and its derivatives= ..) > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 I wonder if there's a good comparison of their respective > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 features? =A0I'm especially interested in any of them bei= ng > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 compared to either Beta BASIC (a Sinclair BASIC derivativ= e, > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 presumably no longer in...

Sinclair Spectrum emulator on a Commodore 64 emulator
I was reading a British game magazine from June 1984 (is available as PDF on archive.org - if anyone cares I can try to find the download address) where an article says: | Video Vault International are bringing out the Commodore Emulator for | �12.95. Once loaded into your machine, it emulates the Sinclair | operating system and allows you to run your favourite Sinclair | games. Commodore 64 owners should soon be able to load and run Spectrum | software on their machines [...] I was curious if this works. Especially since a C64 has a 6510 CPU and a Spectrum an Z80. I don't own a real Commodore 64 so emulate it with the VICE emulator. I also found a program in my collection which has "Spectrum Emulator (1985)" in its name. But although the program loads it just doesn't start. RUN just returns the cursor. So I wonder if this is for real. Has anybody ever had a working Spectrum emulator for the Commodore 64? Not important if on the real machine or emulated itself. -- Andreas I use a Unix based operating system, which means I get laid almost as often as I have to reboot my computer. In comp.sys.cbm Andreas Kohlbach <march.10.ankman@spamgourmet.net> wrote: > > I don't own a real Commodore 64 so emulate it with the VICE emulator. I > also found a program in my collection which has "Spectrum Emulator > (1985)" in its name. But although the program loads it just doesn't > start. RUN just r...

Timex, Sinclair and Sinclair QL users...
Check this out: http://tinyurl.com/6s6r93 !! There's a lot of rare stuff on that auction! Shame the seller wants to sell it all in one go. On Dec 12, 1:06=A0am, zxbruno <zxspectrum...@gmail.com> wrote: > Check this out: > > http://tinyurl.com/6s6r93 > > !! > > There's a lot of rare stuff on that auction! Shame the seller wants to > sell it all in one go. I hope whoever gets it perserves the software. There's precious little Timex software out there. The hardware is less interesting. ...

Sinclair Emulation for Cybiko
Anyone come across these little gems?: http://www.cybikoxtreme.com/ One of my customers is interested in developing an intra-office app for this wireless PDA platform (which seems to be heavily marketed towards teenage kids rather than businesses), but as soon as I saw it I couldn't help thinking about the ZX81 and Spectrum emulation possibilities. I've just got one here and it's a nice bit of kit for the money (30 quid!) -- the hardware (Hitachi H8S at 18MHz with a 4MHz Atmel co-pro to handle the LCD and sound) looks just about capable of supporting an efficiently-written emulat...

How to get Sinclair programs off the net and into my Sinclair(s) ?
How do you take the Sinclair programs that are on the net, and get them into a audio file to load into a Sinclair? I would like to put some on a CD, or better yet on my iPod. Thanks. http://www.katmandew.com/Timex-Sinclair.htm KatManDEW <donwise@clover.net> wrote: > How do you take the Sinclair programs that are on the net, and get > them into a audio file to load into a Sinclair? I would like to put > some on a CD, or better yet on my iPod. If they're in tzx format, you can play them into an emulator and take the sound output and pipe it directly to a tape or a spectrum. -- | spike1@freenet.co.uk | Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a | | | graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit | | Andrew Halliwell BSc | operating system originally coded for a 4 bit | | in |microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that| | Computer Science | can't stand 1 bit of competition. | On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 23:43:50 +0000, Andrew Halliwell <spike1@ponder.sky.com> wrote: >KatManDEW <donwise@clover.net> wrote: >> How do you take the Sinclair programs that are on the net, and get >> them into a audio file to load into a Sinclair? I would like to put >> some on a CD, or better yet on my iPod. > >If they're in tzx format, you can play them into an emulator and take the >sound output and pipe it directly to a tape or a spectrum. Thanks f...

FA: Spectrum mags, Sinclair User and Your Sinclair.
Hi Please take a look: http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=x-frankie-x&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50 At a start price of only �0.99 Bye. -- Michael Bruhn aka Frankie frankiex at domain webspeed.dk ...

SINCLAIR ZX81 'n TIMEX-SINCLAIR 1000/1500
Bonjour, We now have 2 NEW ZX81/TS1000 web sites, 2 NEW programmers and 4 NEW programs available. "CHOPPER DROP 3000" by Philip Lord at "http://www.tinyurl.com/2fpasj" "WAR GAME"........... "EAGLE".................... "RETROBEAMER"...... by Jens Sommerfeld at "http:// zx81.ordi5.free.fr/jens" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The 12th annual meeting of ZX-TEAM will be held from the 11th to the 13th of April. Get more infos from "http://www.zx-team.de/" ---...

SINCLAIR ZX81 'n TIMEX-SINCLAIR 1000/1500
Bonjour, We now have 2 NEW ZX81/TS1000 web sites, 2 NEW programmers and 4 NEW programs available. "CHOPPER DROP 3000" by Philip Lord at "http://www.tinyurl.com/2fpasj" "WAR GAME"........... "EAGLE".................... "RETROBEAMER"...... by Jens Sommerfeld at "http:// zx81.ordi5.free.fr/jens" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The 12th annual meeting of ZX-TEAM will be held from the 11th to the 13th of April. Get more infos from "http://www.zx-team.de/" ---...

Sinclair Emulators on Win CE 2.11?
Hi, Does anyone know of any emulators for the zx81 and spectrums that run on WindowsCE 2.11. I've been given a Jornada 680 palmtop computer and would like to be able to play my favourite zx software on it whilst I'm away on holiday. Thanks in Advance TheDysk TheDysk wibbled: > Hi, > > Does anyone know of any emulators for the zx81 and spectrums that run > on WindowsCE 2.11. > > I've been given a Jornada 680 palmtop computer and would like to be > able to play my favourite zx software on it whilst I'm away on > holiday. > Ah the fun... I...

z81 2.1
z81 is a ZX81 and ZX80 emulator. There are actually two versions - z81 (for svgalib), and xz81 (for X). Also included are zx81get (a ZX81 tape reader), and saverom (a program to save the ROM from a ZX81). *The ROMs are not included*, so you'll have to obtain those separately. You can download z81 from ibiblio: ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/system/emulators/zx/z81-2.1.tar.gz There's also a web page here: http://rus.members.beeb.net/z81.html 2.1 is essentially a bugfix release. * Changes in z81 2.1 Fixed several compilation warnings with gcc, as well as something gcc now likes to call an "error" which prevented compilation of z81 2.0 with current versions. Thanks to Adam J. Richter and Brian Schau for pointing out the problems. Added a "saverom" program for the ZX81, which lets you save your own ZX81's ROM. Changed ZX80 VSYNC behaviour slightly, the Space Invaders clone for it works now. Various sound fixes - fixed post-death sound in QS Defender, fixed a slight `spike' problem on VSYNC tones, and removed AY tone/noise counter wraparound (which was mistaken). Improved signal handling. -Rus. ########################################################################## # Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: cola@stump.algebra.com # # PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION. # # This group is archived at http://stump.algebra.com/~cola/ ...

Sinclair ZX Spectrum BASIC Programming (PDF Available?)
I'm an American who is I'm just getting into the Spectrum emulation scene. Is there a PDF version of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum BASIC Programming book (the book that comes with the Spectrum)? I have found an html version on worldofspectrum.org, but I'm not thrilled with it... indeed, I hate html versions of books. I'd much prefer a PDF version. I've searched the Internet but I can't come up with one. Is one available? If not, is anyone willing to scan it? (How long is it?) Adam <ballyalley@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm an American who is I'm just ge...

Sinclair BASIC in hi-res (80x24 character display)
Timex required. Enjoy. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15659782/BASIC80.zip What? Brian -- From the Bed of Brian Gaff. The email is valid as briang1@blueyonder.co.uk Blind user. "Andrew Owen" <aowen10@mail.bbk.ac.uk> wrote in message news:juj6fm$df3$1@speranza.aioe.org... > Timex required. Enjoy. > > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15659782/BASIC80.zip It's a replacement ROM for the Timex TC2048. It uses that machine's high resolution mode, a 512 by 192 screen, to provide an 80 by 24 character display using characters that are 6 pixels wide. All of the default screen routines are replaced, so editing is done across 80 columns as well. On 23/07/2012 11:23, Brian Gaff wrote: > What? > > Brian > On Monday, 23 July 2012 11:32:36 UTC+1, Andrew Owen wrote: > It's a replacement ROM for the Timex TC2048. It uses that machine's high = resolution mode, a 512 by 192 screen, to provide an 80 by 24 character disp= lay using characters that are 6 pixels wide. All of the default screen rout= ines are replaced, so editing is done across 80 columns as well. On 23/07/2= 012 11:23, Brian Gaff wrote: > What? > > Brian > what possesed you mode 3 ! On Monday, 30 July 2012 19:54:19 UTC+1, guesser wrote: > On Monday, 23 July 2012 11:32:36 UTC+1, Andrew Owen wrote: > It's a repla= cement ROM for the Timex TC2048. It uses that machine's high resolution mod= e, a 512 by 192...

Great New Linux Consoles
The GP2X Wiz and Pandora units will open up the face of handheld computing The GP2X Wiz is a pure Gaming/Video/MP3 console with hundreds of emulators written for it The other, the Pandora is a UMPC, which can run openoffice/firefox and is the same shape and size as a nintendo DS To find more information view here http://gp2xwizandpandora.blogspot.com/ or to order Check the data here on GP2X Wiz: http://gp2x.co.uk/go.pl?A216 Check the data here on Pandora: http://openpandora.org/worldmap.html Mention you were sent by Raj Takhar and you may get an extra discount SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM, loverly SPAM, loverly SPAM! "OwenBot" <cheveron@gmail.com> wrote ... > SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM, loverly SPAM, loverly SPAM! I beg to differ with you. SPAM is not loverly. SPAM SUX! -- Best regards, Sam Gillett If you don't pay your exorcist, will you become repossessed? On Oct 7, 3:55=A0am, "Sam Gillett" <sgillettnos...@diespammergte.net> wrote: > "OwenBot" <cheve...@gmail.com> wrote ... > > > SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM, loverly SPAM, loverly SPAM! > > I beg to differ with you. =A0SPAM is not loverly. =A0SPAM SUX! > -- > Best regards, > > Sam Gillett > > If you don't pay your exorcist, > will you become repossessed? I was singing the SPAM song. I thought all Merkins knew all the words to every Monty Python sketch by heart? What do they teach you about England these days? ;) On Oct 6, 8:56=A...

For sale: games for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k) & IBM PC (5.25" & 3.5" & CD)
I have many old games, on 5.25" & 3.5" & CD for PC and on tapes for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k). I need to sell some of them. Would you like to buy any? I have bank accounts in the U.K.; the Republic of Ireland; Sweden; Germany; the Netherlands and Italy, so I can accept payment in a number of currencies and in a number of ways. I live at 2461 Via Tosco Romagnola, Titignano, 56023 Cascina (PI), Italy. Send me an email or a lett...

Sinclair on BBC4
Sir Clive jumping over some computers (or something), the ZX80, 81 and Spectrum and some interviews make it into BBC4's Time Shift: Hard Drive Heaven (The History Of Home Computers). For once, Sinclair gets the air-time he deserves as a rather more accurate picture of the history of computers (in the home) is broadcast at long last. No more is the Spectrum cast aside while boring people discuss which version of Windows is the best. The only computer which compares on air-time is, unsurprisingly, the BBC Micro. Unfortunately the Amiga doesn't even get a passing mention (although you do get to see one briefly, and the blue and orange tones of Workbench 1.3 are clearly visible in the background in one scene), which is IMHO a bit of an oversight especially considering the BBC (erm, Micro) wasn't anywhere near as popular in the home, but I digress. Even the Darling Brothers are in on the act. If you are "digital enabled" and see this message in time, tune into BBC4 for the repeat at 1am. Chris On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:48:14 +0000, Chris Young <unsatisfactory@bigfoot.com> wrote: >If you are "digital enabled" and see this message in time, tune into >BBC4 for the repeat at 1am. Thanks for the heads up. I'll do just that! I watched the "Tetris: From Russia With Love" thing earlier and, after all the allusion to scandal and KGB involvement in the trailers for it, I thought it was actually a pretty dull sto...

CPM for Sinclair?
Since the Sinclair was Z80 based, was there ever a version of CP/M made? Or were they too 'non standard' to pull that off? In message <jV0_e.368200$x96.188556@attbi_s72>, Ziggy <Ziggy@faked-address.com> writes >Since the Sinclair was Z80 based, was there ever a version of CP/M made? > >Or were they too 'non standard' to pull that off? Yes this was/is available for the Plus 3 which could be configured to have 64K of addressable RAM. The display is a bit naff as you have a 32 or 51 character wide window on an 80 column screen. Distribution is denied as...

Sinclair RGB
I wish I could find the dog gone DIN to TTL RGB adapter that I made for my Sinclair QL many many years ago, because I still have my QL and the TTL RGB monitor, and I just got a Spektrum 128K, and it has RGB output... BTW: Is there any way to load programs into the Spektrum 128K-2, other than the built-in tape drive? http://www.katmandew.com/Timex-Sinclair.htm Well, Interface 1 or many disc interfaces etc, but if you mean on its own, not really unless you count the old Codemasters joystick loader for their cd. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ "KatManDEW" <donwise@clover.net> wrote in message news:2aefp41k1kc31kjget97ln0ini01u7ik2n@4ax.com... >I wish I could find the dog gone DIN to TTL RGB adapter that I made > for my Sinclair QL many many years ago, because I still have my QL and > the TTL RGB monitor, and I just got a Spektrum 128K, and it has RGB > output... > > BTW: Is there any way to load programs into the Spektrum 128K-2, other > than the built-in tape drive? > > http://www.katmandew.com/Timex-Sinclair.htm KatManDEW wrote: > BTW: Is there any way to load programs into the Spektrum 128K-2, other > than the built-in tape drive? Depending exactly what you would like to achieve, ...

Basic BASIC
Now that our series on Basic for Beginners - Basic BASIC by Ray Favre - is at an end, those who have not read the series may wish to purchase the back copies of Qercus that include the six parts of Basic BASIC. The series takes a complete beginner to programming and introduces sufficient to get you started and producing your own programs. Examples are listed within the article or in the Yellow Pages feature in the magazine and these can be typed in by the reader. These listings will also be available on the Qercus website. Purchasers of the series, who don't have access to the internet, can request a copy of the listings on disk at the time they place their order. The Basic BASIC bundle of Qercus magazines costs just �20 + p&p (�2 UK) As a bonus, purchasers will also receive all the other excellent articles (typically 12 major articles in each issue) that accompanied the Basic BASIC series including most of the AppBasic series* and the first part of the new series on the scripting language Lua. *add �2 to also receive issue 269 which includes the first part of the AppBasic series. NB Where an issue goes 'out of print' we will replace the copy with a reprint of the article(s) requested. Orders to the address below or by telephone 0161 969 9820 / FAX 08700 519 572 -- John Cartmell - Qercus magazine - editor AT qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines Qercus, 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0845 006 88...

Sinclair on the Top
Look Look http://www.1000bit.net/database4.asp !!! The top 20 most wanted computers between all users' wishlists !!!! Best Regards, Daniel Mandic Daniel Mandic schreef: > http://www.1000bit.net/database4.asp > > !!! The top 20 most wanted computers between all users' wishlists !!!! > > Best Regards, > > Daniel Mandic You mean the ZX Spectrum + 128k of course Rick ...

Sinclair QL
In the 80's my company did a lot of development work and consulting for companies developing personal computers. We are in the process of moving and I have for the last few weeks working my way through a junk room oops (Historical products department) This mornings spelunking ran across a new never been powered up Sinclair QL and a box QL software Fortran compiler, assembler some form of spreadsheet. A handful of stringy floppies w.. On Mar 30, 8:54=A0am, Walter Banks <wal...@bytecraft.com> wrote: > In the 80's my company did a lot of development work and consulting > for companies developing personal computers. We are in the process > of moving and I have for the last few weeks working my way through > a junk room oops (Historical products department) > > This mornings spelunking ran across a new never been powered up > Sinclair QL and a box QL software Fortran compiler, assembler > some form of spreadsheet. A handful of stringy floppies > > w.. Hi Paul. Thanks for the e-mail message btw. I'm not a fan of the Sinclair QL (yet) but I know a gentleman that might be interested in knowing what you may have found. His name is Rich Mellor and he's still a QL user. I'll be glad to forward his contact info to you if needed. On Mar 31, 12:21=A0am, zxbruno <zxspectrum...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Mar 30, 8:54=A0am, Walter Banks <wal...@bytecraft.com> wrote: > > > In the 80's my company did a lot o...

Timex Sinclair 1500
I have a TS1500 with a dead keyboard. I opened it up, saw a small crack on the lead, trimmed it back and still no keys work. Is there a way to test if there is power going out to the keyboard? Bil H. www.ts1000.us sadly that's a common failure, try some fine grit sand paper on the ribbon, maybe its not making good contact. If that doesn't work, I'm pretty sure the keyboard is toast. I have a bunch of 1000's like that. If its dead, save it I could use a 1500 motherboard "Bill H" <bill@ts1000.us> wrote in message news:1111703559.987224.168740@o13g2000cw...

Clive Sinclair book
A friend of mine while helping me to clear up the other day has found in my vaults a little book written by Clive Sinclair. something to do with making small electronic projects using semiconductors or similar. copyright 1960. Seems rather old. Brian -- Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk Note:- In order to reduce spam, any email without 'Brian Gaff' in the display name may be lost. Blind user, so no pictures please! On 4 Apr, 09:24, "Brian Gaff" <Bria...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > A friend of mine while helping me to clear up the other day has found in = my > vaults a little book written by Clive Sinclair. something to do with maki= ng > small electronic projects using semiconductors or similar. copyright 1960= .. > Seems rather old. > =A0Brian Historical witness. Keep it! Mentore Brian Gaff wrote: > ... found in my vaults a little book written by Clive Sinclair. Something like this: http://vintageradio.me.uk/oas/sinclairtranccts.htm He wrote 13 Bernard Babani books, I can only find the titles of the first one and the last one: 1959: Practical transistor receivers Book 1 1962: Modern Transistor Circuits for Beginners JGH On Apr 4, 8:24=A0am, "Brian Gaff" <Bria...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > A friend of mine while helping me to clear up the other day has found in = my > vaults a little book written by Clive Sinclair. something to do with maki= ng > small electronic projects using semiconducto...

Web Browser for Sinclair?
Has anyone developed a web broswer for the Sinclair +? I am willing to bet such a product would be quite popular with Speccy users. Sincerely, Paul Allen Panks dunric@yahoo.com -- panks@sdf.lonestar.org SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.lonestar.org "Paul Allen Panks" <panks@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote in message news:bg063v$115$3@chessie.cirr.com... | Has anyone developed a web broswer for the Sinclair +? I am willing to bet | such a product would be quite popular with Speccy users. | | Sincerely, | | Paul Allen Panks | dunric@yahoo.com | | -- | panks@sdf.lonestar....

WTD: Future Your Sinclair
Wanted copies of YS published by Future, i.e. all of 1992 and June and July in 1993. -- Tarquin Mills (Chairman) ACCUS (Anglia Classic Computer Users Society) http://www.speccyverse.me.uk/comp/accus/ http://www.PetitionOnline.com/Spectrum/ (We want a Spectrum +4) La tempo, Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:01:21 GMT , La loco, comp.sys.sinclair .. Tarquin Mills <accus@nojunkmail.com> scribis >Wanted copies of YS published by Future, i.e. all of 1992 and >June and July in 1993. I have a few, if you want them (and not just ish 94 :)) -- Wanted: Argos catalogues...

Web resources about - Sinclair BASIC emulator - comp.sys.sinclair

Sinclair Research - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sinclair Research Ltd is a British consumer electronics company founded by Sir Clive Sinclair in Cambridge . Originally incorporated in 1973 ...

Scott Sinclair (@Scott_Sin) on Twitter
Scott Sinclair (@Scott_Sin) on Twitter

Queensland girl Ella Sinclair on campaign to meet Taylor Swift
Eleven-year-old Sunshine Coast girl Ella Sinclair is hoping her wildest dreams come true ahead of Taylor Swift's Brisbane gig on Saturday.

Chantal Petitclerc, Murray Sinclair among 7 new Trudeau-appointed senators
... who led the Truth and Reconciliation Commission into residential schools have been appointed to the Senate. Chantal Petitclerc and Murray Sinclair ...

90min Exclusive: Trevor Sinclair Has His Say on the Final Champions League Spot
West Ham and Manchester United will both have their sights set firmly on a top four place when the Premier League returns in midweek, and former ...

Sinclair Fight With Dish Could Spur FCC Action Against TV Blackouts
A dispute between Sinclair Broadcast Group and Dish Network that's left about 5 million satellite-TV customers without local channels could spur ...

Sinclair Broadcast earnings dip, but income tops analyst estimates
Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. saw earnings dip in a third quarter marked by TV station acquisitions and new program offerings, but still beat ...

Sinclair will launch its sci-fi network with MGM on Halloween
... network will be called Comet. Don't rent that movie for your annual Halloween science fiction binge just yet. Hunt Valley-based Sinclair Broadcast ...

Today's Economic History: Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle"
**Eric Schlosser** (2006): [On Upton Sinclair: 'I Aimed For The Public's Heart, And... Hit It In The Stomach'](http://articles.chicagotribun ...

IBC: Sinclair Expands Masstech Deployments
Masstech has announced that it has received another major order for its Masstech for News system from the Sinclair Broadcast Group. Sinclair ...