vinyl as storage for sinclair... ;)

I just love items like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VERY-RARE-ZX81-VINYL-GAMES-7-INCH-PROMO-ONLY-RELEASE_W0QQitemZ320002279619QQihZ011QQcategoryZ112866QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

oooooooh... the 80's... ;)

Does anyone have any record with a sinclair program on it... is it
possible at all to load directly from vinyl?

There is a whole story about this phenomena here:
http://www.kempa.com/blog/archives/000053.html

Recently, I met a person who wrote a game for the only Yugoslav record
containing ZX Spectrum software. I'm now trying to find it... it's:

ITD BAND, album:"S ove strane ljubavi", released by: Suzy, Catalogue
No: LP-590

comp.sys.sinclair 6096 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

..r. '_' wrote:

> oooooooh... the 80's... ;)

The 00!  :-)

> Does anyone have any record with a sinclair program on it... is it
> possible at all to load directly from vinyl?

Yes, why not?
'DMM' Direct Metal Mastering is likely used today. A tech from the late
eighties, cutting/recording/mastering directly to a metal-disc. A
matter of choice I would say....

> Recently, I met a person who wrote a game for the only Yugoslav record
> containing ZX Spectrum software. I'm now trying to find it... it's:
>
> ITD BAND, album:"S ove strane ljubavi", released by: Suzy, Catalogue
> No: LP-590

I like "Bijelo Dugme" very much. Cassette or LP.

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic
".r. '_'" <ranko.vukcevic@gmail.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have any record with a sinclair program on it... is it
>possible at all to load directly from vinyl?

I remember zx81 cover disks, being the thin flexible records.  Never
managed to get one to load though!  Probably more to to with the
quality of record player I'd have been able top find at the time.
(besides, my machine was the Spectrum... although I do remember
the zx81 keyboard was very shiny indeed before it wore out...)

dom.

0
news5905 (14)
7/6/2006 8:20:18 PM
Sorry to all... this will be in serbo-cratian:

Daniel Mandic wrote:
> .r. '_' wrote:
>
> I like "Bijelo Dugme" very much. Cassette or LP.

Takodje! Josh da imaju neku igricu na nekom od sjajnih albuma! Uuuu..
onda bi ih BASH obozavao! ;)

Pozdrav iz Beograda! ;)

> I remember zx81 cover disks, being the thin flexible records.  Never
> managed to get one to load though!  Probably more to to with the
> quality of record player I'd have been able top find at the time.

Actually...what I heard is: no matter how god your turntable/amplifier
was... there was no chance to load directly from record... and
supposedly there was even a note in every record that you should
transfer to cassette first!

If you ask me... there so logic in this at all! It's just a sound...
Can't wait to lay my hands on some record with speccy software and try
on my Technics turntable/Phonic mixer... ;)

".r. '_'" <ranko.vukcevic@gmail.com> nap�sal v spr�ve
> Sorry to all... this will be in serbo-cratian:
>
> Daniel Mandic wrote:
>> .r. '_' wrote:
>>
>> I like "Bijelo Dugme" very much. Cassette or LP.
>
> Takodje! Josh da imaju neku igricu na nekom od sjajnih albuma! Uuuu..
> onda bi ih BASH obozavao! ;)
>
> Pozdrav iz Beograda! ;)

Ja som nikdy nepocul to "Bijelo Dugme" , ale strasne sa mi pacila pesnicka
"Suzana.....I'm crazy loning you".

Pozdrav z Bratislavy.

bohusk (1173)
7/6/2006 9:02:01 PM
..r. '_' wrote:

> Takodje! Josh da imaju neku igricu na nekom od sjajnih albuma! Uuuu..
> onda bi ih BASH obozavao! ;)
>
> Pozdrav iz Beograda! ;)

Zdravo!

Nema price. Cak znaju igrati Rock...

Tu su bili blizi mene, ali ja poklonio moju kartu mog brata. Pa i od
njega je to doslo... kao on, veci Fan Bijelog Dugmeta :)

Best Regards (Zivio),

Daniel Mandic
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 6 Jul
2006 23:02:01 +0200, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
yawatina tan reek esk Bohus Kr�l <bohusk@host.sk> fornis do marikano es bono
tan el:

>".r. '_'" <ranko.vukcevic@gmail.com> nap�sal v spr�ve
>> Sorry to all... this will be in serbo-cratian:
>>
>> Daniel Mandic wrote:
>>> .r. '_' wrote:
>>>
>>> I like "Bijelo Dugme" very much. Cassette or LP.
>>
>> Takodje! Josh da imaju neku igricu na nekom od sjajnih albuma! Uuuu..
>> onda bi ih BASH obozavao! ;)
>>
>> Pozdrav iz Beograda! ;)
>
>Ja som nikdy nepocul to "Bijelo Dugme" , ale strasne sa mi pacila pesnicka
>"Suzana.....I'm crazy loning you".
>
>Pozdrav z Bratislavy.

SCORCHIO!

deKay
--
 Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
 "It's like a cross between SSX, The Magic Roundabout, Homestar Runner,
On 2006-07-07, deKay <andyk@lofi-gaming.org.uk> wrote:

> SCORCHIO!

You nit, it's ROT13'd, as any fule kno.

news05 (494)
7/7/2006 9:46:58 AM
On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 10:25:54 +0100, deKay <andyk@lofi-gaming.org.uk> wrote:

>SCORCHIO!

Here's something to ponder, does Daniel make as much sense in his native
language as he does in English? How would we ever know?

Frink

--
Doctor J. Frink     : 'Rampant Ribald Ringtail'
See his mind here   : http://www.cmp.liv.ac.uk/frink/
Doctor J. Frink wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 10:25:54 +0100, deKay <andyk@lofi-gaming.org.uk>
> wrote:
> >
> > SCORCHIO!
>
> Here's something to ponder, does Daniel make as much sense in his
> native language as he does in English? How would we ever know?
>
> Frink

You will never know.

They tried it with psychotraumatic medicine and a 5 to 1 seance (visit)
afterwards, with no effort.
They were wrong. As you... ;)

But it was interesting for me, too. Although, just asking me should
reach...

Best regards,

Daniel Mandic

On 7 Jul 2006 09:49:31 GMT, frink@homer.cmp.liv.ac.uk (Doctor J. Frink)
wrote:

>Here's something to ponder, does Daniel make as much sense in his native
>language as he does in English? How would we ever know?

Roughly? Give or take a few? More or less? +/-?
All in all, very similar and familiar lack of sense.  :-)

One begins to wonder what his native language is.  ;-)

Cbmqeni vm Fcyvgn!  [real ROT13, no joke this time :-) ]  ;-)

Dusko Lolic wrote:

> One begins to wonder what his native language is.  ;-)

Silence maybe.

Even I don't know what's my native language. My intepratation lies
between Celtic and French Romantic with Austrian fidelity, when going
over five.
East and West I haven't checked so far.... maybe slightly more to east
and south... artpiece :-)... I live in a Land, rich with Easter
(Easterrich :-))

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic
In article <1152199122.858554.14370@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>, .r.
'_' <ranko.vukcevic@gmail.com> says...
> Recently, I met a person who wrote a game for the only Yugoslav record
> containing ZX Spectrum software. I'm now trying to find it... it's:
>
> ITD BAND, album:"S ove strane ljubavi", released by: Suzy, Catalogue
> No: LP-590

<native>

Imam taj album ali kazetu, na njoj su samo pjesme, na pamet mi trenutno
pada 'Kao krv divljeg jelena'. Sad kad citam tvoj post, ko da sam
negdje cuo za tu plocu. Sta je bilo na njoj za Spectruma? Negdje u
podsvijesti mi je da je to bila neka avantura. Ko je autor (kazes da si
ga sreo)?

</native>

Sorry about the 'native' - the point is I have the album but only on
the tape (and there was no SW on it). But I think I've heard for that
vinyl...
--
Chupo
0
> One begins to wonder what his native language is.  ;-)

LOL

> Cbmqeni vm Fcyvgn!  [real ROT13, no joke this time :-) ]  ;-)

Cbmqeni vm Mnteron!
--
Chupo
0
"deKay" <andyk@lofi-gaming.org.uk> wrote in message
> Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 6
> Jul
> 2006 23:02:01 +0200, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
> comp.sys.sinclair,
> yawatina tan reek esk Bohus Kr�l <bohusk@host.sk> fornis do marikano es
> bono
> tan el:
>

>>".r. '_'" <ranko.vukcevic@gmail.com> nap�sal v spr�ve
>>> Sorry to all... this will be in serbo-cratian:

>>> Takodje! Josh da imaju neku igricu na nekom od sjajnih albuma! Uuuu..
>>> onda bi ih BASH obozavao! ;)
>>>
>>> Pozdrav iz Beograda! ;)
>>
>>Ja som nikdy nepocul to "Bijelo Dugme" , ale strasne sa mi pacila pesnicka
>>"Suzana.....I'm crazy loning you".
>>
>>Pozdrav z Bratislavy.
>
> SCORCHIO!
>
> deKay
> --
> Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
> My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that
> "It's like a cross between SSX, The Magic Roundabout, Homestar Runner,
> Seanbaby and Dude, Where's My Car?"

bonno estente! ...

skoppolus e cartatios ekola poramia polaporaposs, john major ...

meth th' th' th' th' th' .. sausage factory ...

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:55:37 GMT, "j d"
<dead-phisher@dead-spammer.com> wrote:

>"deKay" <andyk@lofi-gaming.org.uk> wrote in message
>> Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 6
>> Jul
>> 2006 23:02:01 +0200, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
>> comp.sys.sinclair,
>> yawatina tan reek esk Bohus Kr�l <bohusk@host.sk> fornis do marikano es
>> bono
>> tan el:
>>

>>>".r. '_'" <ranko.vukcevic@gmail.com> nap�sal v spr�ve

>>>Ja som nikdy nepocul to "Bijelo Dugme" , ale strasne sa mi pacila pesnicka
>>>"Suzana.....I'm crazy loning you".
>>>
>>>Pozdrav z Bratislavy.
>>
>> SCORCHIO!
>>
>> deKay
>> --
>> Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
>> My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that
>> "It's like a cross between SSX, The Magic Roundabout, Homestar Runner,
>> Seanbaby and Dude, Where's My Car?"
>

>bonno estente! ...
>
>skoppolus e cartatios ekola poramia polaporaposs, john major ...
>
>meth th' th' th' th' th' .. sausage factory ...

Sminky pinkie Chris Waddle
0
fache1 (487)
10/26/2007 11:37:30 AM
What?

Brian

--
Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
in the display name may be lost.
"j d" <dead-phisher@dead-spammer.com> wrote in message

> "deKay" <andyk@lofi-gaming.org.uk> wrote in message
>> Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 6
>> Jul
>> 2006 23:02:01 +0200, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
>> comp.sys.sinclair,
>> yawatina tan reek esk Bohus Kr�l <bohusk@host.sk> fornis do marikano es
>> bono
>> tan el:
>>

>>>".r. '_'" <ranko.vukcevic@gmail.com> nap�sal v spr�ve

>>>Ja som nikdy nepocul to "Bijelo Dugme" , ale strasne sa mi pacila
>>>pesnicka
>>>"Suzana.....I'm crazy loning you".
>>>
>>>Pozdrav z Bratislavy.
>>
>> SCORCHIO!
>>
>> deKay
>> --
>> Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
>> My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that
>> "It's like a cross between SSX, The Magic Roundabout, Homestar Runner,
>> Seanbaby and Dude, Where's My Car?"
>

> bonno estente! ...
>
> skoppolus e cartatios ekola poramia polaporaposs, john major ...
>
> meth th' th' th' th' th' .. sausage factory ...

0
Briang1 (1214)
10/26/2007 5:16:38 PM
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:16:38 +0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

> What?
>
> Brian

Red Star Belgrade didn't loose a Soccer Game vs. Germany at home, for
almost ~30 years.

(get me the jury... ;-))

Best regards,

Daniel Mandic

P.S.: He should have given the meadow the red card.... somewhere in the
30-40 Minute phase of the game :-) (all players out of the court :-))))
Daniel Mandic wrote:

> the 30-40 Minute phase of the game :-) (all players out of the court

all players off the court

I've no idea what you or the other person was on about. Most of it came out
as gibberish.

Brian

Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

"Daniel Mandic" <daniel_mandic@aon.at> wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:16:38 +0000, Brian Gaff wrote:
>
>> What?
>>
>> Brian
>
> Red Star Belgrade didn't loose a Soccer Game vs. Germany at home, for
> almost ~30 years.
>
> (get me the jury... ;-))
>

> Best regards,
>
> Daniel Mandic
>
> P.S.: He should have given the meadow the red card.... somewhere in the
> 30-40 Minute phase of the game :-) (all players out of the court :-))))

0
Briang1 (1214)
10/27/2007 7:18:00 AM
Brian Gaff <Briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> did eloquently scribble:
> I've no idea what you or the other person was on about. Most of it came out
> as gibberish.

That's daniel mandic for you, most of what he says is gibberish.
Think the bloke he responded to was talking in "Chanel 9"ese.

Eth, ethetheth, chris waddle.
(from the fast show)

Butros Butros Gali.
|   spike1@freenet.co.uk   |                                                 |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!"          |
|            in            | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
|     Computer Science     | - Father Jack in "Father Ted"                   |
spike1 (8171)
10/27/2007 7:45:41 AM
Brian Gaff wrote:

> I've no idea what you or the other person was on about. Most of it
> came out as gibberish.
>
> Brian

You think I have!? :-)

Best regards,

Daniel Mandic

spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

> Brian Gaff <Briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> did eloquently scribble:
> > I've no idea what you or the other person was on about. Most of it
> > came out as gibberish.
>
> That's daniel mandic for you, most of what he says is gibberish.
> Think the bloke he responded to was talking in "Chanel 9"ese.
>
> Eth, ethetheth, chris waddle.
> (from the fast show)
>
> Butros Butros Gali.

Hi Spike!

You see the things too narrow.

If you can't rule the rulers...
I am a weak target for your overwhelming Computer knowledge and you
make me just laugh, cause the rulers do know less than me ;)

Keep on...
Show me your real IT Power!

Best regards,

Daniel Mandic
Daniel Mandic wrote:

> Keep on...
> Show me your real IT Power!

I have set a new Kernel yesterday. Removed some uneeded stuff (ACPI,
PM...), compiled other directly to the Kernel (monolithic, e.g. NIC,
Sound, SCSI and more).

It's running well now. I'll see if I am able now to compile 'fuse' to
my machine ;-) (hard work that Unix Clone on PC but strong [flexible],
IMHO)

Daniel
Daniel Mandic wrote:
> Show me your real IT Power!

The gauntlet has been thrown!

Careful, he can set a new kernel...
0
fuzzix (294)
10/27/2007 12:40:04 PM
fuzzix <fuzzix@gmail.com> did eloquently scribble:
> Daniel Mandic wrote:
>> Show me your real IT Power!

> The gauntlet has been thrown!

> Careful, he can set a new kernel...

Quivering in me bare feet here.
What ANYTHING in this thread had to do with computing though... is beyond
me.

Poor mr mandic probably thinks smikypinky ethetheth chris waddle is from
some kind of programming language.
:)
--
|                          |What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack|
|  spike1@freenet.co.uk    |in the ground beneath a giant boulder, which you|
Daniel Mandic wrote:
> Show me your real IT Power!

The gauntlet has been thrown!

Careful, he can set a new kernel...
0
fuzzix (294)
10/27/2007 9:13:24 PM
fuzzix <fuzzix@gmail.com> did eloquently scribble:
> Daniel Mandic wrote:
>> Show me your real IT Power!

> The gauntlet has been thrown!

> Careful, he can set a new kernel...

I heard you the first time
--
|                          |What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack|
|  spike1@freenet.co.uk    |in the ground beneath a giant boulder, which you|
|                          |can't move, with no hope of rescue.             |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)|Consider how lucky you are that life has been   |
|           in             |good to you so far...                           |
|    Computer Science      |   -The BOOK, Hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy.|
0
spike1 (8171)
10/27/2007 9:53:56 PM
fuzzix wrote:

> The gauntlet has been thrown!
>
> Careful, he can set a new kernel...

I have no chance vs. Spike in terms of Linux.

Best regards,

Daniel Mandic

spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
> I heard you the first time

Yeah, I was testing out my real IT power. It didn't work.
0
fuzzix (294)
10/28/2007 6:11:13 PM
fuzzix <fuzzix@gmail.com> did eloquently scribble:
> spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
>> I heard you the first time

> Yeah, I was testing out my real IT power. It didn't work.

Ah, looks like you need a new transformer...
Or perhaps your rectifier shorted out.
|   spike1@freenet.co.uk   | "I'm alive!!! I can touch! I can taste!         |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)|  I can SMELL!!!  KRYTEN!!! Unpack Rachel and    |
|            in            |  get out the puncture repair kit!"              |
|     Computer Science     |     Arnold Judas Rimmer- Red Dwarf              |
spike1 (8171)
10/28/2007 6:15:39 PM
spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

> Poor mr mandic probably thinks smikypinky ethetheth chris waddle is from
> some kind of programming language.
> :)

sigh. again wrong :)

If you know less you have to ask much. If you know all and you stay quiet,
means to me the 'you have understood'.

;-).... c'mon let's go on.... as if you haven't ever written gibberish.

Best regards,

Daniel Mandic
Daniel Mandic <daniel_mandic@aon.at> did eloquently scribble:
> spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

>> Poor mr mandic probably thinks smikypinky ethetheth chris waddle is from
>> some kind of programming language.
>> :)

> sigh. again wrong :)

> If you know less you have to ask much. If you know all and you stay quiet,
> means to me the 'you have understood'.

> ;-).... c'mon let's go on.... as if you haven't ever written gibberish.

Ahhh, but it's not entirely gibberish.
It's just from a TV programme you've probably not been exposed to over in
Austria.

(The Fast Show)
|   spike1@freenet.co.uk   | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"   |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)|                                                 |
|            in            | "I think so brain, but this time, you control   |
|     Computer Science     |  the Encounter suit, and I'll do the voice..."  |
spike1 (8171)
11/1/2007 10:04:34 PM
spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

> Ahhh, but it's not entirely gibberish.
> It's just from a TV programme you've probably not been exposed to
> over in Austria.
>
> (The Fast Show)

Hi Spike!

you are picking....

Maybe I just could not have resist. I don't think I have concluded to
The Fast Show, although I have a mpg somewhere, with men in
Bunny-costumes :)

Best regards,

Daniel Mandic

> Sminky pinkie Chris Waddle

methe theth eth eth eth  .. PUSSY!!!

novella proboskis kia fonctionico molto konagroffos specky GIZMO! ...

Timex, Sinclair and Sinclair QL users...
Check this out: http://tinyurl.com/6s6r93 !! There's a lot of rare stuff on that auction! Shame the seller wants to sell it all in one go. On Dec 12, 1:06=A0am, zxbruno <zxspectrum...@gmail.com> wrote: > Check this out: > > http://tinyurl.com/6s6r93 > > !! > > There's a lot of rare stuff on that auction! Shame the seller wants to > sell it all in one go. I hope whoever gets it perserves the software. There's precious little Timex software out there. The hardware is less interesting. ...

How to get Sinclair programs off the net and into my Sinclair(s) ?
How do you take the Sinclair programs that are on the net, and get them into a audio file to load into a Sinclair? I would like to put some on a CD, or better yet on my iPod. Thanks. http://www.katmandew.com/Timex-Sinclair.htm KatManDEW <donwise@clover.net> wrote: > How do you take the Sinclair programs that are on the net, and get > them into a audio file to load into a Sinclair? I would like to put > some on a CD, or better yet on my iPod. If they're in tzx format, you can play them into an emulator and take the sound output and pipe it directly to a tape or a spectrum. -- | spike1@freenet.co.uk | Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a | | | graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit | | Andrew Halliwell BSc | operating system originally coded for a 4 bit | | in |microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that| | Computer Science | can't stand 1 bit of competition. | On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 23:43:50 +0000, Andrew Halliwell <spike1@ponder.sky.com> wrote: >KatManDEW <donwise@clover.net> wrote: >> How do you take the Sinclair programs that are on the net, and get >> them into a audio file to load into a Sinclair? I would like to put >> some on a CD, or better yet on my iPod. > >If they're in tzx format, you can play them into an emulator and take the >sound output and pipe it directly to a tape or a spectrum. Thanks f...

FA: Spectrum mags, Sinclair User and Your Sinclair.
Hi Please take a look: http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=x-frankie-x&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50 At a start price of only �0.99 Bye. -- Michael Bruhn aka Frankie frankiex at domain webspeed.dk ...

SINCLAIR ZX81 'n TIMEX-SINCLAIR 1000/1500
Bonjour, We now have 2 NEW ZX81/TS1000 web sites, 2 NEW programmers and 4 NEW programs available. "CHOPPER DROP 3000" by Philip Lord at "http://www.tinyurl.com/2fpasj" "WAR GAME"........... "EAGLE".................... "RETROBEAMER"...... by Jens Sommerfeld at "http:// zx81.ordi5.free.fr/jens" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The 12th annual meeting of ZX-TEAM will be held from the 11th to the 13th of April. Get more infos from "http://www.zx-team.de/" ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Do not miss the entire SIMPSON FAMILY in DIPIC format at "http://www.zx-team.de/andre". Goodby(t)e ANDRE*** http://www.zx-team.de/andre http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr./andre ...

SINCLAIR ZX81 'n TIMEX-SINCLAIR 1000/1500
Bonjour, We now have 2 NEW ZX81/TS1000 web sites, 2 NEW programmers and 4 NEW programs available. "CHOPPER DROP 3000" by Philip Lord at "http://www.tinyurl.com/2fpasj" "WAR GAME"........... "EAGLE".................... "RETROBEAMER"...... by Jens Sommerfeld at "http:// zx81.ordi5.free.fr/jens" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The 12th annual meeting of ZX-TEAM will be held from the 11th to the 13th of April. Get more infos from "http://www.zx-team.de/" ---...

For sale: games for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k) & IBM PC (5.25" & 3.5" & CD)
I have many old games, on 5.25" & 3.5" & CD for PC and on tapes for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k). I need to sell some of them. Would you like to buy any? I have bank accounts in the U.K.; the Republic of Ireland; Sweden; Germany; the Netherlands and Italy, so I can accept payment in a number of currencies and in a number of ways. I live at 2461 Via Tosco Romagnola, Titignano, 56023 Cascina (PI), Italy. Send me an email or a lett...

CPM for Sinclair?
Since the Sinclair was Z80 based, was there ever a version of CP/M made? Or were they too 'non standard' to pull that off? In message <jV0_e.368200$x96.188556@attbi_s72>, Ziggy <Ziggy@faked-address.com> writes >Since the Sinclair was Z80 based, was there ever a version of CP/M made? > >Or were they too 'non standard' to pull that off? Yes this was/is available for the Plus 3 which could be configured to have 64K of addressable RAM. The display is a bit naff as you have a 32 or 51 character wide window on an 80 column screen. Distribution is denied as...

Sinclair on the Top
Look Look http://www.1000bit.net/database4.asp !!! The top 20 most wanted computers between all users' wishlists !!!! Best Regards, Daniel Mandic Daniel Mandic schreef: > http://www.1000bit.net/database4.asp > > !!! The top 20 most wanted computers between all users' wishlists !!!! > > Best Regards, > > Daniel Mandic You mean the ZX Spectrum + 128k of course Rick ...

Sinclair spotting
http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/03/weekend_project_phaser_bl_1.html Gun operated alarm clock. Note what gun :) On Mar 16, 11:12 am, deKay <an...@deleteme.lofi- gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> wrote: > http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/03/weekend_project_phaser_bl_1.... > > Gun operated alarm clock. Note what gun :) Thanks for the link! Really nice. zxbruno <zxspectrum128@gmail.com> wrote in news:dd92ec0a-0d90-4135-948b- 7a7cc6993fde@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com: > On Mar 16, 11:12 am, deKay <an...@deleteme.lofi- > gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> wrote: >> http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/03/weekend_project_phaser_bl_1.... >> >> Gun operated alarm clock. Note what gun :) > > Thanks for the link! Really nice. What happened to the Retro Gamer Sinclair Spotting? I noticed that theis month's cover features Manic Miner, and there's a section on the 128K... -- http://www.mercuryvapour.co.uk <-- Main site. http://www.scribcam.co.uk <----- Webcam. Eww. On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:34:15 GMT, Scribbler <ngs_0501@mercuryvapour.co.uk> wrote: >zxbruno <zxspectrum128@gmail.com> wrote in news:dd92ec0a-0d90-4135-948b- >7a7cc6993fde@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com: > >> On Mar 16, 11:12 am, deKay <an...@deleteme.lofi- >> gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> wrote: >>> http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/03/weekend_project_phaser_bl_1.... >>> >>> Gun ...

Sinclair RGB
I wish I could find the dog gone DIN to TTL RGB adapter that I made for my Sinclair QL many many years ago, because I still have my QL and the TTL RGB monitor, and I just got a Spektrum 128K, and it has RGB output... BTW: Is there any way to load programs into the Spektrum 128K-2, other than the built-in tape drive? http://www.katmandew.com/Timex-Sinclair.htm Well, Interface 1 or many disc interfaces etc, but if you mean on its own, not really unless you count the old Codemasters joystick loader for their cd. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ "KatManDEW" <donwise@clover.net> wrote in message news:2aefp41k1kc31kjget97ln0ini01u7ik2n@4ax.com... >I wish I could find the dog gone DIN to TTL RGB adapter that I made > for my Sinclair QL many many years ago, because I still have my QL and > the TTL RGB monitor, and I just got a Spektrum 128K, and it has RGB > output... > > BTW: Is there any way to load programs into the Spektrum 128K-2, other > than the built-in tape drive? > > http://www.katmandew.com/Timex-Sinclair.htm KatManDEW wrote: > BTW: Is there any way to load programs into the Spektrum 128K-2, other > than the built-in tape drive? Depending exactly what you would like to achieve, ...

We begun with Sinclair
I got my first game machine in 1986 - the Spectrum. Today I am upgrading my computer just for my 4 year old niece. She is already a computer maniac. She plays about 4 hours per day with computer. The games she is playing are very addictive and I find myself sometimes playing this games. I must carry to she is not too long by the computer, because if she could, she would play all the day. Now I am wondering if today children are better on it. They have bigger scale to choose from, the games are better, when I was 4 years the computers didn't exist yet. What will grow out of them ? B Bohus Kr�l wrote: > I got my first game machine in 1986 - the Spectrum. Today I am > upgrading my computer just for my 4 year old niece. She is already a > computer maniac. She plays about 4 hours per day with computer. The > games she is playing are very addictive and I find myself sometimes > playing this games. I must carry to she is not too long by the > computer, because if she could, she would play all the day. Now I am > wondering if today children are better on it. They have bigger scale > to choose from, the games are better, when I was 4 years the > computers didn't exist yet. What will grow out of them ? > > B Hi Bohus! It's all the same. Just look to the input devices.... much the same, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, FIRE, FIRE2 etc etc etc. The today and even tomorrow super-real Gfx and recorded Orchestras in wav.-quality Games, wil...

Sinclair QL
In the 80's my company did a lot of development work and consulting for companies developing personal computers. We are in the process of moving and I have for the last few weeks working my way through a junk room oops (Historical products department) This mornings spelunking ran across a new never been powered up Sinclair QL and a box QL software Fortran compiler, assembler some form of spreadsheet. A handful of stringy floppies w.. On Mar 30, 8:54=A0am, Walter Banks <wal...@bytecraft.com> wrote: > In the 80's my company did a lot of development work and consulting > for companies developing personal computers. We are in the process > of moving and I have for the last few weeks working my way through > a junk room oops (Historical products department) > > This mornings spelunking ran across a new never been powered up > Sinclair QL and a box QL software Fortran compiler, assembler > some form of spreadsheet. A handful of stringy floppies > > w.. Hi Paul. Thanks for the e-mail message btw. I'm not a fan of the Sinclair QL (yet) but I know a gentleman that might be interested in knowing what you may have found. His name is Rich Mellor and he's still a QL user. I'll be glad to forward his contact info to you if needed. On Mar 31, 12:21=A0am, zxbruno <zxspectrum...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Mar 30, 8:54=A0am, Walter Banks <wal...@bytecraft.com> wrote: > > > In the 80's my company did a lot o...

The Sinclair Story
Hi Guys Ive put my copy of The Sinclair Story up on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300126137429&rd=1&rd=1 Feel free to Bid ...

Sinclair on BBC4
Sir Clive jumping over some computers (or something), the ZX80, 81 and Spectrum and some interviews make it into BBC4's Time Shift: Hard Drive Heaven (The History Of Home Computers). For once, Sinclair gets the air-time he deserves as a rather more accurate picture of the history of computers (in the home) is broadcast at long last. No more is the Spectrum cast aside while boring people discuss which version of Windows is the best. The only computer which compares on air-time is, unsurprisingly, the BBC Micro. Unfortunately the Amiga doesn't even get a passing mention (although you do get to see one briefly, and the blue and orange tones of Workbench 1.3 are clearly visible in the background in one scene), which is IMHO a bit of an oversight especially considering the BBC (erm, Micro) wasn't anywhere near as popular in the home, but I digress. Even the Darling Brothers are in on the act. If you are "digital enabled" and see this message in time, tune into BBC4 for the repeat at 1am. Chris On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:48:14 +0000, Chris Young <unsatisfactory@bigfoot.com> wrote: >If you are "digital enabled" and see this message in time, tune into >BBC4 for the repeat at 1am. Thanks for the heads up. I'll do just that! I watched the "Tetris: From Russia With Love" thing earlier and, after all the allusion to scandal and KGB involvement in the trailers for it, I thought it was actually a pretty dull sto...

Sinclair Microdrives (x2)
More on the Sinclair Microdrives http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6830496791129150443 Back in 1984 you could download ZX Spectrum software from the TV screen. -- G. Well, with regard to novel ways to get software. Anyone remember the CD that loaded via the joystick port? Then there was CET telesoftware via viewdata, teletext screens. We had software that encoded this on Spectrums of course, and what about Dialsoft, that Your Computer Telsoft service? Oh, then there was that Sprint tape deck of course. The oddest one was indeed the flashing blob on a TV screen. You sticky taped a light sensitive device over the spot and the circuit on the end downloaded the software as you watched the picture. Brian -- Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk Note:- In order to reduce spam, any email without 'Brian Gaff' in the display name may be lost. "Geoff Wearmouth" <gwearmouth@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1153040963.446003.207360@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > > More on the Sinclair Microdrives > > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6830496791129150443 > > > Back in 1984 you could download ZX Spectrum software from the TV > screen. > > -- > G. > Brian Gaff wrote: > Well, with regard to novel ways to get software. > > Anyone remember the CD that loaded via the joystick port? > Then there was CET telesoftware via viewdata, teletext screens. We had > software that encoded this...

Clive Sinclair book
A friend of mine while helping me to clear up the other day has found in my vaults a little book written by Clive Sinclair. something to do with making small electronic projects using semiconductors or similar. copyright 1960. Seems rather old. Brian -- Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk Note:- In order to reduce spam, any email without 'Brian Gaff' in the display name may be lost. Blind user, so no pictures please! On 4 Apr, 09:24, "Brian Gaff" <Bria...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > A friend of mine while helping me to clear up the other day has found in = my > vaults a little book written by Clive Sinclair. something to do with maki= ng > small electronic projects using semiconductors or similar. copyright 1960= .. > Seems rather old. > =A0Brian Historical witness. Keep it! Mentore Brian Gaff wrote: > ... found in my vaults a little book written by Clive Sinclair. Something like this: http://vintageradio.me.uk/oas/sinclairtranccts.htm He wrote 13 Bernard Babani books, I can only find the titles of the first one and the last one: 1959: Practical transistor receivers Book 1 1962: Modern Transistor Circuits for Beginners JGH On Apr 4, 8:24=A0am, "Brian Gaff" <Bria...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > A friend of mine while helping me to clear up the other day has found in = my > vaults a little book written by Clive Sinclair. something to do with maki= ng > small electronic projects using semiconducto...

The Sinclair Spectrum is rubbish!
The Brits are too stupid for building computers, cars or anything else... USA USA USA! -F.R. Ah school holidays have come early this year. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ "ForeverRent" <hesacopontheedge@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:jphcvj$osd$1@speranza.aioe.org... > The Brits are too stupid for building computers, cars or anything else... > > USA USA USA! > > -F.R. > On Wed, 23 May 2012, ForeverRent wrote: > The Brits are too stupid for building computers, cars or anything else... > > USA USA USA! Outstanding. deKay -- Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that Ignore the address-spoofing troll. Carry on. On Wed, 23 May 2012 03:02:42 +0200, ForeverRent wrote: (OK, I'l byte... troll scoring NG followup removed) > The Brits are too stupid for building computers, cars or anything else... > > USA USA USA! While the Americans did design the worlds best 8Bit home computer... (dons flameproof suit) ....why is it that nearly all the good games came from PAL land? And if it wernt for us brits building computers, the '...

Your Sinclair
Does anyone own a copy of Your Sinclair Magazine Issue 9, September 1986 (Miami Vice on cover), that they would be willing to sell to me? Cheers, Brian ...

a question about Timex Sinclairs
I know, that Timex Sinclair machines have been sold in the USA where there is NTSC TV system which has 30 halfframes, therefore 60Hz of vertical refresh of the screen. All games I met on my ZX Spectrum were synchronized for 50Hz PAL and this was specified by ULA's generated im2 interrupt, which is 1/50 of second and the interrupt is generated exactly when the TV screen ray position is on the top left edge of the screen. This thing has been used in multicolour programs. I am asking how this was figured out in Timex Sinclairs, if multicolours were compatible and other games which were programmed speciffically for 50Hz screen refresh how there has been avoiding tearing, when Spectrum 48k had just one videoram page. B Hi Bohus I'm no Speccy-user, but may be this will help a little bit: NTSC and PAL are abbreviations for the mode how color-information is added to the B/W "luminance" signal. NTSC means "NeverTwiceSameColor" ;-)), no that's a joke, it means "NationalTelevisionStandardisationCommitee" and PAL means "PhaseAlternatingLine". These modes are in no way depending on 50 or 60Hz framerate. These two are different in Europe and USA because of the different mains frequency to avoid "flicker" at the screen. If you try to see a signal of an american TS2xxx on your European Color TV, you might see a B/W or grey signal, if your TV is able to synchronise at 60Hz and viceversa (or you can trim the v...

WTD: Future Your Sinclair
Wanted copies of YS published by Future, i.e. all of 1992 and June and July in 1993. -- Tarquin Mills (Chairman) ACCUS (Anglia Classic Computer Users Society) http://www.speccyverse.me.uk/comp/accus/ http://www.PetitionOnline.com/Spectrum/ (We want a Spectrum +4) La tempo, Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:01:21 GMT , La loco, comp.sys.sinclair .. Tarquin Mills <accus@nojunkmail.com> scribis >Wanted copies of YS published by Future, i.e. all of 1992 and >June and July in 1993. I have a few, if you want them (and not just ish 94 :)) -- Wanted: Argos catalogues...

Sinclair VS Apple
Ciao a tutti i computer Sinclair secondo me non hanno avuto la giusta fama dei computer Apple. http://cgi.ebay.it/PLANETOIDS-Cassetta-originale-introvabile_W0QQitemZ190014311694QQihZ009QQcategoryZ126968QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Saluti ...

Sinclair QL on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50223&item=8141722847&rd=1 ...

Early Sinclair Engineering
Rick has been enjoying the sun but also found time to upload some early ZX80 and ZX81 designs. I particularly liked this doodle for the ZX81 / TS1000 keyboard or the 'ZX80 II' as it was known back then. http://www.flickr.com/photos/9574086@N02/1221497755/in/set-72157601627816164/ Notice that Steven Vickers had developed READ DATA and RESTORE commands for the 8K ROM. These were removed to make room for the ZX Printer routines in the ZX81. There are some pics of that too and the flat screen display which was tiny though readable. I liked the picture of St. Ives Mill in Cambridge where the ZX80 and NewBrain were hatched. The full set is here http://www.flickr.com/photos/9574086@N02/sets/72157601627816164/ and the Goodwood set is quite glamourous. -- G. Impressive. The only way I know how to save those pics is with PrintScreen. Time to google a little bit. On Sep 2, 11:21 pm, zxbruno <zxspectrum...@gmail.com> wrote: > Impressive. The only way I know how to save those pics is with > PrintScreen. Time to google a little bit. It is a very enjoyable set. To save any picture select 'All Sizes" and a save option will appear next to your selection e.g. http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1221497755&size=o&context=set-72157601627816164 -- G. On Sep 2, 11:21 pm, zxbruno <zxspectrum...@gmail.com> wrote: > Impressive. It's worth noting that the keyboard overlay shown in the black-and- white pictures 3 & 4 is for the...

Web Browser for Sinclair?
Has anyone developed a web broswer for the Sinclair +? I am willing to bet such a product would be quite popular with Speccy users. Sincerely, Paul Allen Panks dunric@yahoo.com -- panks@sdf.lonestar.org SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.lonestar.org "Paul Allen Panks" <panks@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote in message news:bg063v$115$3@chessie.cirr.com... | Has anyone developed a web broswer for the Sinclair +? I am willing to bet | such a product would be quite popular with Speccy users. | | Sincerely, | | Paul Allen Panks | dunric@yahoo.com | | -- | panks@sdf.lonestar....

Web resources about - vinyl as storage for sinclair... ;) - comp.sys.sinclair

Sinclair Research - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sinclair Research Ltd is a British consumer electronics company founded by Sir Clive Sinclair in Cambridge . Originally incorporated in 1973 ...

Scott Sinclair (@Scott_Sin) on Twitter
Scott Sinclair (@Scott_Sin) on Twitter

Queensland girl Ella Sinclair on campaign to meet Taylor Swift
Eleven-year-old Sunshine Coast girl Ella Sinclair is hoping her wildest dreams come true ahead of Taylor Swift's Brisbane gig on Saturday.

Chantal Petitclerc, Murray Sinclair among 7 new Trudeau-appointed senators
... who led the Truth and Reconciliation Commission into residential schools have been appointed to the Senate. Chantal Petitclerc and Murray Sinclair ...

90min Exclusive: Trevor Sinclair Has His Say on the Final Champions League Spot
West Ham and Manchester United will both have their sights set firmly on a top four place when the Premier League returns in midweek, and former ...

Sinclair Fight With Dish Could Spur FCC Action Against TV Blackouts
A dispute between Sinclair Broadcast Group and Dish Network that's left about 5 million satellite-TV customers without local channels could spur ...

Sinclair Broadcast earnings dip, but income tops analyst estimates
Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. saw earnings dip in a third quarter marked by TV station acquisitions and new program offerings, but still beat ...

Sinclair will launch its sci-fi network with MGM on Halloween
... network will be called Comet. Don't rent that movie for your annual Halloween science fiction binge just yet. Hunt Valley-based Sinclair Broadcast ...

Today's Economic History: Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle"
**Eric Schlosser** (2006): [On Upton Sinclair: 'I Aimed For The Public's Heart, And... Hit It In The Stomach'](http://articles.chicagotribun ...

IBC: Sinclair Expands Masstech Deployments
Masstech has announced that it has received another major order for its Masstech for News system from the Sinclair Broadcast Group. Sinclair ...