ZX Spectrum SE revival

Since a few people have expressed an interest in this machine on WoS
Forums over the last month I thought I'd give it another plug here. If
you're interested in the machine then check out the Development forum
at http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/ and look for the "ZX Spectrum
SE explained" thread. I'll be back in the UK shortly and if I can get
hold of the FAQ maintainers I'll be updating the FAQ entry along with
the ZXSE page at Raww.org.

Cheers!

-Andrew

P.S. Did I mention the SE in the ZX Spectrum SE stands for "Special
Edition"?

0
aoweninoz (369)
7/14/2005 9:51:05 AM
comp.sys.sinclair 6096 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In message <1121334665.499636.199180@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
aoweninoz@yahoo.com.au writes
>P.S. Did I mention the SE in the ZX Spectrum SE stands for "Special
>Edition"?

Computer Says No.

However the machine does have a wide Web footprint and it may be
worthwhile updating the Wikipedia entries for both the ZX Spectrum SE
and SE BASIC

Spectrum SE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timex_Sinclair_2048

Sinclair Extended BASIC:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_BASIC

--
Geoff Wearmouth
0

TMI:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetone_peroxide

--
Geoff Wearmouth
0
Geoff Wearmouth wrote:
> In message <1121334665.499636.199180@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> aoweninoz@yahoo.com.au writes
> >P.S. Did I mention the SE in the ZX Spectrum SE stands for "Special
> >Edition"?
>
> Computer Says No.

Well I'm glad to finally put that one to rest.

> However the machine does have a wide Web footprint and it may be
> worthwhile updating the Wikipedia entries for both the ZX Spectrum SE
> and SE BASIC
>
> Spectrum SE:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timex_Sinclair_2048

I suppose it should have its own entry, but I'd rather not be the one
to write it in case I slip into plug mode.

> Sinclair Extended BASIC:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_BASIC

Well the entry is plain wrong. Sinclair Extended BASIC has nothing to
do with the Amstrad machines. They shipped with 128 Basic and +3 Basic.
On the other hand since it is an unfinished project, and likely to
remain so for the time being (until I can figure out the particular
bits of code from your SeaChange and Gosh Wonderful ROMs that it is
lacking and incorporate them), I can't see a pressing need to give it
its own entry. Until now I've held off asking you to rewrite your code
for my project, because frankly there's absolutely no reason why you
should want to, but I may have to beg your help in getting the ZX
Printer code from Sea Change and the renumber code from Gosh Wonderful
to work in SE Basic. Then there's also emergence of the Scandanvian
Sinclair ROM, which since it is Sinclair endorsed should be the logical
starting point for the SE Basic ROM (it has a couple of features I
wanted to add, like set-up selection on boot etc). If you have any time
to spare, and who does these days, and feel like helping me out with it
then drop me a line, but in this instance a refusal won't offend (I'll
just stick to using Gosh Wonderful until I finally figure it out).

0
aoweninoz (369)
7/15/2005 10:45:05 AM
On 15 Jul 2005 03:45:05 -0700 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
to MC Andy O-O-O-Owen:

> Then there's also emergence of the Scandanvian
> Sinclair ROM, which since it is Sinclair endorsed should be the logical
> starting point for the SE Basic ROM

Absolutely, it is sensible to apply the patches to the "best" official
Sinclair BASIC ROM (am I right in thinking the Amstrad versions were
based on the regular UK BASIC ROM, with no fixes?), although you would
need to translate the eror messages back into English.  Then again,
you modified the error messages for SE BASIC anyway, didn't you?

Chris

|  http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk  |
| Your Sinclair: A Celebration              |

ng7402 (363)
7/15/2005 8:40:23 PM
Yes, Amstrad used the original UK ROM. The Scandanavian ROM includes
English error messages (you hold down a key combo at Start-up to get
them). Yes I did change the messages for SE Basic - and I will probably
change them again. I want to make alternate languages available from
software so there will be an option to change the location of the error
messages.

0
aoweninoz (369)

RFC: ZX Spectrum SE/SE Basic
Hi! Both these projects are now finished. Over the past five years lots of people have become confused about the relationship between the two projects (hint: they both started out from the same initial idea). I know there are at least a handful of people using SE Basic on real machines (it should work on any Spectrum or compatible). My question is - should these projects now be merged? This would not entail any changes to SE Basic (and it would still work on Spectrums besides the Spectrum SE). The current Spectrum SE ROMs are the normal 128 editor and the original Spectrum Basic ROM (for maximum compatibility). Merging the projects would entail replacing the original Basic ROM with the SE Basic ROM. There are then several options for the other ROM: a) Retain the 128 Editor for RAM disc support (could be emulated in RAM but isn't yet) a1) Use the English version of the Spanish 128 Editor which includes a text editor. b) Include the original ROM (not much point as it can be loaded in RAM) c) BBC Basic (Z80) (alternative Basic option, but again can be loaded in RAM) d) Go back to a one ROM system (which is forced anyway when divIDE is connected) I'm open to suggestions of anything else that should go in the spare ROM bank, providing it already exists - I'm pretty much done with mucking about with ROMs (although I like the idea of including a couple of IFII ROMs, Space Raiders and Planetoids perhaps?) It looks like a Windows based emulator may soon be joining FUSE...

Where is the ZX Spectrum SE?
The WOS page - http://www.worldofspectrum.org/faq/reference/sereference.htm says it hasnt been updated since 2004/07/05 08:20:12 and I cant see any newer references to it on the web.... Dicky On Aug 31, 4:51 pm, dickydodds <di...@dickydodds.com> wrote: > The WOS page -http://www.worldofspectrum.org/faq/reference/sereference.htm > says it hasnt been updated since 2004/07/05 08:20:12 and I cant see > any newer references to it on the web.... > > Dicky The CSSFAQ is currently not being maintained. I have uploaded the slightly more accurate information to the ZX Spectrum technical wiki: http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/ZX_Spectrum_SE If you're waiting for a production model, then you need to look at: http://www.nfluid.com/specDesign/ The designer has expressed an interest in adding Spectrum SE support to this clone. Meanwhile I am hoping to resume work on the first game that takes full advantage of the SE's extra hardware. No promises of a release date though. Thanks for the info - I'l take a peek then! Dicky On Aug 31, 9:40 pm, dickydodds <di...@dickydodds.com> wrote: > Thanks for the info - I'l take a peek then! > > Dicky I forgot to mention, since it's not in the wiki, that the SE is emulated by FUSE and EightyOne. ...

ANN: Spectrum SE 0.39/128 Basic for Spectrum SE
A quick double announcement: The Spectrum SE firmware has now reached version 0.39. It consists of two 16K ROMS: 0: BBC Basic(Z80) v2.2 1: Spectrum SE BIOS v0.39 This means (in theory) you can build a Spectrum SE in hardware and distribute it without breaking the licensing conditions surrounding the original Spectrum ROM. No Amstrad copyright code is included in the Spectrum SE BIOS. These ROMs operate using the same paging as the 128 Editor and Spectrum BASIC in the original Spectrum SE. So what if you want to run a program written in 128 BASIC? Introducing: 128 BASIC for Spectrum SE Load it from BBC BASIC and then load your 128 BASIC program as normal. Based on the original Spanish version (which includes the nifty string editor) and translated into English. It's a little crash prone (128 BASIC was never designed to run in RAM) but only while editing. It should be stable enough to run your existing programs. Most commercial 128K programs don't need it though and will run happily under the Spectrum emulator. Emulators currently available for the Spectrum SE: ZX80, ZX81, Jupiter ACE, Timex 2068, MikroPlus, ZX Spectrum (48/128) Native games for the Spectrum SE: Psion's Chess, Backgammon, Space Raiders, and Planetoids Beam's Hungry Horace, and Horace and the Spiders The Spectrum SE is currently only emulated by FUSE 0.7.0 and later. If you have FUSE and would like a copy of the Spectrum SE pack (which includes all the above) drop me an email. ...

ZX-80/ZX-81/ZX-82 (spectrum)
Hello all, Very basic question... what changed between the ZX80, ZX81 and ZX82 (spectrum). There's a wonderful site that goes through the creation of a ZX80 from easily available chips and I wondered if that could be built upon to create a ZX81 and then the holy grail of the spectrum?? Ta Gareth "gareth"wrote... > what changed between the ZX80, ZX81 and ZX82 (spectrum). If you've studied the ZX80 circuit diagrams, you'll know how it works. The ZX81 is really just a reimplementation of the ZX80 with all the logic chips replaced by one custom chip (The ULA) plus a little circuit called an NMI generator which helps it multitask between running code and displaying the screen better. The Spectrum is an evolution of the integration that went on in the ZX81. This time the custom ULA chip takes over display generation from the Z80 completely, freeing it to spend all its time running user programs. You can turn a ZX80 into a ZX81 by adding the (fairly) simple NMI circuit and a new ROM. Turning a ZX81 into a spectrum would be virtually impossible without a complete redesign. MikeW gareth <garethrichardadams@gmail.com> did eloquently scribble: > > > Hello all, > > Very basic question... > > what changed between the ZX80, ZX81 and ZX82 (spectrum). > > There's a wonderful site that goes through the creation of a ZX80 from > easily available chips and I wondered if that could be built upon to &g...

For sale: games for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k) & IBM PC (5.25" & 3.5" & CD)
I have many old games, on 5.25" & 3.5" & CD for PC and on tapes for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k). I need to sell some of them. Would you like to buy any? I have bank accounts in the U.K.; the Republic of Ireland; Sweden; Germany; the Netherlands and Italy, so I can accept payment in a number of currencies and in a number of ways. I live at 2461 Via Tosco Romagnola, Titignano, 56023 Cascina (PI), Italy. Send me an email or a lett...

Looking for a Sinclair ZX Spectrum +3
Is there anyone that has one for me of wants to swap for some of my other Sinclair items. I have no ZX80 unfortunately. Also looking for an MK14 calculator. ...

ANN: ZX Spectrum SE/CF
First some numbers: 2: years since the ZX Spectrum SE was released 1: ZX Spectrum SE's built including the original prototype 1: emulators with ZX Spectrum SE support (FUSE) 3: authors of ZX Spectrum SE specific software 5: ZX Spectrum SE specific software releases Given the relative lack of popularity of the ZX Spectrum SE you may well be asking why the ZX Spectrum SE/CF should be any more successful. Despite the fact that people have been talking about making a new Spectrum since this newsgroup began, only a few dedicated hobbyists have the technical know-how to do...

Small Sinclair ZX Spectrum videos collection
Hi everybody, I've uploaded some videos from my collection on rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/users/KL0J7Q Zx_Spectrum_Television_Back_In_Time_Your_Sinclair_1982.mpg (68897 KB) Zx_Spectrum_Television_Back_In_Time_Your_Sinclair_1983.mpg (89639 KB) Zx_Spectrum_Television_Back_In_Time_Your_Sinclair_1984.mpg (77607 KB) 80S_Advert-Sinclair_Zx_Spectrum.avi (3559 KB) Zx_Spectrum_Jet_Set_Willy_Ending_Complete.avi (2328 KB) The Back In Time videos are great. Have fun with it and... Merry Christmas! :-) Regards, Andriy http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/tvprog/downloads.htm "nib0rd00h" <andriy.mak@gmail.com> wrote in message news:bf976286-45c5-4e29-8507-55abcb72b385@q77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi everybody, > > I've uploaded some videos from my collection on rapidshare: > > http://rapidshare.com/users/KL0J7Q > > Zx_Spectrum_Television_Back_In_Time_Your_Sinclair_1982.mpg (68897 KB) > Zx_Spectrum_Television_Back_In_Time_Your_Sinclair_1983.mpg (89639 KB) > Zx_Spectrum_Television_Back_In_Time_Your_Sinclair_1984.mpg (77607 KB) > 80S_Advert-Sinclair_Zx_Spectrum.avi (3559 KB) > Zx_Spectrum_Jet_Set_Willy_Ending_Complete.avi (2328 KB) > > The Back In Time videos are great. Have fun with it and... Merry > Christmas! :-) > > Regards, > Andriy dado <dado01-bezovog@email.t-com.hr> wrote: > "nib0rd00h" <andriy.mak@gmail.com> wrote in message > news:bf976286-45c5-4e29-8507-55abcb72b385@...

RFC: ULA Replacement for ZX Spectrum SE
Well, it's taken the best part of a decade, but the ULA replacement for the ZX Spectrum SE has reached the stage where you can use it in emulation[1]. http://sites.google.com/site/ulaplus/ [1] if you have Ubuntu or you're prepared to compile it yourself. OwenBot wrote: > Well, it's taken the best part of a decade, but the ULA replacement > for the ZX Spectrum SE has reached the stage where you can use it in > emulation[1]. I've not seen it in motion, but I guess is best suited to SCREEN$, new programs with the expanded palette in mind and re-colouring those games that were ported from systems with different colours like your Gauntlet example? I guess most Speccy software was made with the built-in colours in mind so I would guess wouldn't have a large change with the adapted palette. I guess it wouldn't take many pokes for your Gauntlet example to be hacked so that the main menus used BRIGHT 1 and selected the normal palette while the main game still used your remapped colours. Was there much use of the extended palette for existing Spectrum software with the Sam? I guess that could be a source of ready-to-go palette variations for Speccy games. Fred On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:00:33 +0100, Fred <fredm@spamcop.net> wrote: > OwenBot wrote: >> Well, it's taken the best part of a decade, but the ULA replacement >> for the ZX Spectrum SE has reached the stage where you can use it in >> emulation[1]. >...

The UK World Of Spectrum and Como.sys.sinclair meet
Well, it had to happen sometime... Plans are afoot for a big meet next year for all specchums! Right now, voting is taking place for everyone's favourite place, day and time for the meet... http://www.hippykillers.gameguild.co.uk/meet/ So get voting! The page is there until New years eve. Get saving too! I feel that much alcyhol will be consumed! -- **************The Starglider*************** Public E-Mail. * http://www.starglider.dynu.com/radio * Ask for private * Starglider Radio - listen and enjoy! * address. * E-Mail:the_starglider2002@wibble.co.uk * _WW_ * CHANGE WIBBLE TO YAHOO TO REPLY * /_ _\ ******************************************* | O O | _____________________________________________________oOO_\/_OOo_____ And before anyone comments... yes I spelt "comp" wrong in the header! I've just woken up! -- **************The Starglider*************** Public E-Mail. * http://www.starglider.dynu.com/radio * Ask for private * Starglider Radio - listen and enjoy! * address. * E-Mail:the_starglider2002@wibble.co.uk * _WW_ * CHANGE WIBBLE TO YAHOO TO REPLY * /_ _\ ******************************************* | O O | _____________________________________________________oOO_\/_OOo_____ As an additional, don't vote for the month of January. It may be removed as it's soo close to xmas and money...

Sinclair ZX Spectrum BASIC Programming (PDF Available?)
I'm an American who is I'm just getting into the Spectrum emulation scene. Is there a PDF version of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum BASIC Programming book (the book that comes with the Spectrum)? I have found an html version on worldofspectrum.org, but I'm not thrilled with it... indeed, I hate html versions of books. I'd much prefer a PDF version. I've searched the Internet but I can't come up with one. Is one available? If not, is anyone willing to scan it? (How long is it?) Adam <ballyalley@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm an American who is I'm just getting into the Spectrum emulation > scene. Is there a PDF version of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum BASIC > Programming book (the book that comes with the Spectrum)? I have > found an html version on worldofspectrum.org, but I'm not thrilled > with it... indeed, I hate html versions of books. Not sure about the manual for the original 48K Spectrum, but if you search on WoS for "ZX Spectrum+2 Manual" you'll find a PDF link to the 128K +2 manual. The BASIC language on the 128K models is more or less identical. (The main differences are that a 48K doesn't have the PLAY command for sounds - you have to use BEEP - and there's no RAM disc for temporarily saving files to memory.) The BASIC editor is very different, though. If you want to use the 48K with its single-key entry system, read Chapter 7. Eq. >> Not sure about the manual for the ori...

Sinclair ZX Spectrum / ZX80 / ZX81 Keyboard Connectors
Over the years I get asked every now and then for replacement keyboard connectors for the Sinclair ZX Spectrum motherboard. I have at last managed to get some (although stocks are limited) Please see: http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/Set_of_Molex_Keyboard_Membrane_Connectors_for_Sinclair_ZX_Spectrum_Motherboard-487 or http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/Set_of_Molex_Keyboard_Membrane_Connectors_for_Sinclair_ZX81_Motherboard-488 These will also fit the Sinclair ZX80 and Sinclair ZX81, as well as the Timex-Sinclair models (TS-1000, TS-1500 and TS-2048) and possibly other clones. On 6 Apr, 12:17, rwap <r...@rwapservices.co.uk> wrote: > Over the years I get asked every now and then for replacement keyboard > connectors for the Sinclair ZX Spectrum motherboard. > > I have at last managed to get some (although stocks are limited) > > Please see:http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/Set_of_Molex_Keyboard_Membra... > > or > > http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/Set_of_Molex_Keyboard_Membra... > > These will also fit the Sinclair ZX80 and Sinclair ZX81, as well as > the Timex-Sinclair models (TS-1000, TS-1500 and TS-2048) and possibly > other clones. Thanks for the heads up Rich. I don't need any of these myself as they are the "more reliable" of the Sinclair keyboard components but maybe in the future. Cheers. ...

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48Kb Home Computer + Games !
Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48Kb Home Computer + Games Have a Look!! http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8142928977&ssPageName=MERC_VI_ReBay_Pr2_PcY_BID and make a Bid :o) ...

AGTY: Free giving away a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K
Listed on AGTY http://www.anygoodtoyou.com/listing_detail.php?lid=100308 ZX Spectrum 48K, Unfortunately not in pristine condition but then it saw some use back in the day. It has its power supply but this had to be soldered directly to the board many years ago. I don't have a TV which will accept the signal from this anymore (don't you just love progress , the future is NOT just digital grrrr) but it still make the little ticks when you press keys so I assume it is still working. Cheers Allan Allan (AGTY) wrote: > Listed on AGTY http://www.anygoodtoyou.com/listing_detail.php?lid=100308 > > ZX Spectrum 48K, Unfortunately not in pristine condition but then it saw > some use back in the day. It has its power supply but this had to be > soldered directly to the board many years ago. > > I don't have a TV which will accept the signal from this anymore (don't > you just love progress , the future is NOT just digital grrrr) but it > still make the little ticks when you press keys so I assume it is still > working. It's rather simple to to rebuild the RF-output to a video out and then one can continue to use the ZX computers with modern displays. E.g. I have a DVD-player with built in 7" display with video in. On 16/12/2010 10:34, M.O.B. i L. wrote: > Allan (AGTY) wrote: >> Listed on AGTY http://www.anygoodtoyou.com/listing_detail.php?lid=100308 >> >> ZX Spectrum 48K, Unfortunately not in ...

FS: Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K Computer USA-CANADA
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5143961431&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT ...

30 years ago today, launch of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum!
Friday, April 23th 1982 - At a press conference at the Churchill Hotel, Clive Sinclair revealed to the world his new personal computer, the ZX Spectrum. The rest is history! Happy 30th birthday anniversary, Speccy! My birthday present is a video (follow link) for you guys to enjoy! http://youtu.be/Kh4hkIyjdNE Sinclair ZX Spectrum 30th Birthday Anniversary 2012 The Movie Please have a look to the video description for more information including a *News Ticker* plus a download link to the exclusive "Media Kit". Feel free to share/spread/use this as you like. Cheers, Urs --------------------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.youtube.com/QLvsJaguar Sinclair, QL, ATARI, JAGUAR, NUON, APPLE & more... Videos, pictures & background information On Apr 23, 1:00=A0am, Urs <sinclairq...@gmail.com> wrote: > Friday, April 23th 1982 - At a press conference at the Churchill > Hotel, Clive Sinclair revealed to the world his new personal computer, > the ZX Spectrum. The rest is history! > > Happy 30th birthday anniversary, Speccy! > > My birthday present is a video (follow link) for you guys to enjoy!http:/= /youtu.be/Kh4hkIyjdNE > > Sinclair ZX Spectrum > 30th Birthday Anniversary 2012 > The Movie > > Please have a look to the video description for more information > including a *News Ticker* plus a download link to the exclusive "Media > Kit". > > Feel free to share/spr...

FA: Rotronics Wafadrive for Sinclair ZX Spectrum BOXED MINT
Rotronics Wafadrive for Sinclair ZX Spectrum BOXED MINT http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=moonchalk2 Really nice condition, you won't see better for a while. Hurry, ends today. Thanks for looking. MC Mint but no Rolos obviously... Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ "Moonchalk" <moonchalk@notreallymyemail.com> wrote in message news:45cef63c_3@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com... > Rotronics Wafadrive for Sinclair ZX Spectrum BOXED MINT > > http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=moonchalk2 > > Really nice condition, you won't see better for a while. > > Hurry, ends today. > > Thanks for looking. > > MC > ...

Rare Sinclair ZX Spectrum ROM Cartridges listed on ebay
Over the next couple of days, I will be listing various rare Sinclair ZX Spectrum games on ebay, including the following Ultimate titles: TransAm - on ROM Cartridge Pssst - on ROM Cartridge Atic Atac (cassette) Cookie (cassette) Pssst (cassette) Jet Pac (cassette) Lunar Jetman (cassette) Alien 8 (oversized box) Knight Lore (oversized box) Sabre Wulf (oversized box) and the very rare Pentagram, Cyberun, Martianoids, Gunfight and Nightshade Don't forget that all of the Ultimate Play the Game titles are distribution denied and therefore cannot be downloaded from World of Spectrum!! I the following Psion titles on ROM cartridge will also be listed: Planetoids Hungry Horace Chess With a totla of 5 ROM cartridges listed together, now could be a great opportunity to get some of these together and save on overall postage whilst building up your collection. See <URL: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=10&pub=5574650064&toolid=10001&campid=5336428353&customid=&icep_uq=&icep_sellerId=rwap_services&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg">http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=10&pub=5574650064&toolid=10001&campid=5336428353&customid=&icep_uq=&icep_sellerId=rwap_services&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&...

Loads of Sinclair QL & ZX Spectrum magazines waiting to be picked up
Hello all, unfortunately my father recently died. He left behind loads and loads of old QL Quanta, QL World, QL Today and other Sinclair related magazines that i don't want to throw away. If anyone is interested in picking them up then you can call me on my mobile phone, number +31-6-26168268. (The magazines are to be picked up in The Hague, Holland). Bye, Markus On Wed, 5 May 2004 at 19:36:15, SomeOne wrote: (ref: <e09i90dba8n6bfgo3894j5jn8fq7fidsqt@4ax.com>) >Hello all, > >unfortunately my father recently died. He left behind loads and loads >of old QL Quanta, QL World, QL Today and other Sinclair related >magazines that i don't want to throw away. If anyone is interested in >picking them up then you can call me on my mobile phone, number >+31-6-26168268. (The magazines are to be picked up in The Hague, >Holland). > >Bye, > >Markus I have asked in ql-users mailing list. I am sorry to hear the news. What is your father's name so we can remove him from our mailing lists. I also have an email list which I ought to check too, and often names are not on that. -- Tony Firshman <firstname>@<surname>.co.uk On Wed, 5 May 2004 23:12:38 +0100, Tony Firshman <animpossiblenameforspambastardstoinvent@firshman.co.uk> wrote: >On Wed, 5 May 2004 at 19:36:15, SomeOne wrote: >(ref: <e09i90dba8n6bfgo3894j5jn8fq7fidsqt@4ax.com>) > >>Hello all, >> >>unfortunately my father recen...

Datasheet 4116 memory chips; searching for Sinclair ZX Spectrum parts
Hello, I'm suffering from the well known Blinking Coloured Blocks Problem (BCBP) on my 48K Sinclair ZX Spectrum. The 12V, 5V and -5V lines seem ok, 7805 regulator seems ok, ULA is 100% ok (put it in a different machine). Changed an electrolytic capacitor that had some slight damage. Last one in the list (not looking forward to desolder these ones), are the 4116 16K base memory chips... But where to find replacements (peferrably in the Netherlands)? I also might want to change the transistors T4 and T5 (ZTX types), but I have not found these as well... One electronics shop offered me as a replacement for the STC4116-2N memory chips: the MCM4116BP15, but I can't find any information / DATASHEET on both, so I have no idea if this replacement is ok? The only thing I can find in ZX Spectrum 48K service manuals is that the type should be 4116 and 150ns and I know 8 of these make up 16K with multiplexed switching of an address line to address the memory location... Any help, pointers, datasheets and parts highly appreciated! George georgedb@inter.nl.net wrote: I used to replace 4116 with 6164, ofcourse after disconnecting extra power lines and fixing them to appropriate spot, like GND. Not really high on aestetics and authenticity points, but it worked... <georgedb@inter.nl.net> wrote in message news:1150876637.492479.88890@r2g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I'm suffering from the well known Blinking Coloured Blocks Problem > (BCBP)...

FA: Spectrum mags, Sinclair User and Your Sinclair.
Hi Please take a look: http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=x-frankie-x&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50 At a start price of only �0.99 Bye. -- Michael Bruhn aka Frankie frankiex at domain webspeed.dk ...

eBay: Timex Sinclair ZX-80 with ZX-81 upgrade
http://easyurl.net/SinclairZX80 ...

ZX Projects: hardware (and sometime software) projects for the ZX Spectrum
http://www.zxprojects.com Hope you enjoy the visit. There are more articles on the way. Just need some time to translate them into english. -- Miguel Angel On May 25, 5:56 pm, McLeod / IdeaFix <rodri...@QUITAgmailESTO.com> wrote: > http://www.zxprojects.com > > Hope you enjoy the visit. There are more articles on the way. Just need some > time to translate them into english. > > -- > Miguel Angel Excellent! On Tue, 27 May 2008 01:18:26 UTC, zxbruno <zxspectrum128@gmail.com> wrote: > On May 25, 5:56 pm, McLeod / IdeaFix <rodri...@QUITAgmailESTO.com> > wrote: > > http://www.zxprojects.com > > > > Hope you enjoy the visit. There are more articles on the way. Just need some > > time to translate them into english. > > > > -- > > Miguel Angel > > Excellent! I too like it, really well written and good projects. An OT, FWR the external keyboard adapter: I recently saw a little circuit which requires two 74LS02 and one 74LS05 to connect a self-made keyboard to the Beloved, and I'd like to build it. Does anybody know if the TTL LS chips are still on sale? I have so little spare time I don't like to waste it in searching something too obsolete... Mentore Mentore Siesto <mentore.siesto@libero.it> wrote: > An OT, FWR the external keyboard adapter: I recently saw a little > circuit which requires two 74LS02 and one 74LS05 to connect a > self-made keybo...

ZX Spectrum BogoMips
In a recent topic "Speccy BogoMIPS value" in comp.sys.sinclair Lemmiwinks, The Gerbil King wrote: > > There is (or at least *was*) a port of bogomips.c included with z88dk. I > remember running it, but can't remember what the output was. Hang on, > I've just found a copy of the binary -- 0.1 BogoMips. That result is wrong. If you run the standard BogoMips that was included with z88dk the result you get is 0,0148 BogoMips as can be seen in the post from: Dominic Morris Mar 22 2000, 9:00 am in comp.sys.sinclair. The code is available from: http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/~djm/spectrum/bogo.zip I have looked into de compiled code generated by Z88dk and compared it with the output from a C compiler for the Pentium, and one can see that what we are mesuring is how slow is the code generated by the z88dk, not the performance of the z80. So I have made that routine into pure asm and the results are as follows: ;ticks =3D90 lops=3D262144 =3D1024*256=3D$40000 ;lops (loops per second) ;result =3Dlops/ticks*CLOCKS_PER_SEC(50) ;result =3D 145635,555555 ;bogomips=3Dresult/500000=3D 0,2912711111. So there you have it. The BogoMips for the ZX Spectrum =3D 0,291. Not bad and consistent with the results "Frode Tennebo" gave for the[MODE 1] Sam Coup=E9 =3D 0.336 BogoMIPS On 26 Sep 2005 08:20:23 -0700, "rtunes" <ruijtunest@netscape.net> wrote: >In a recent topic "Speccy BogoMIPS value" in comp.sys.sinclair > &...

Web resources about - ZX Spectrum SE revival - comp.sys.sinclair

Spectrum of theistic probability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Let us consider the appropriateness or otherwise of someone (call him ' Philo ') describing himself as a theist, atheist or agnostic. I would ...

Making a Murderer filmmakers Moira Demos and Laura Ricciardi coming to Australia for Spectrum Now Festival ...
The filmmakers behind the hit Netflix series will be in conversation with Charlie Pickering at an exclusive festival event.

Award-winning artist and tattooist Leslie Rice brings his tattoo parlour to Spectrum Now
Award-winning artist and tattooist Leslie Rice brings his tattoo parlour to the Spectrum Now festival.

Logitech Announces The Ambidextrous G900 Chaos Spectrum Gaming Mouse
Today Logitech is announcing the latest in their lineup of gaming mice. The G900 Chaos Spectrum is a wired and wireless mouse, and it is one ...

Handheld ZX Spectrum brings ‘80s gaming to your morning commute
While last year's officially licensed ZX Spectrum Vega —a plug-and-play games-only version of the UK's finest 1980s home computer—didn't quite ...

Dish: Less Downside Given Spectrum Discount, Says Wunderlich
Shares of satellite TV provider Dish Network (DISH) are up $1.66, or almost 4%, at $45.82, after Wunderlich Securities’s Matthew Harrigan raised ...

Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum wireless gaming mouse outperforms wired mice
... wired mice can have less lag, offering better performance. Today, Logitech announces a gaming-focused mouse. Called the G900 Chaos Spectrum, ...

People from all over the political spectrum compared Trump to Hitler this weekend
... accomplishment was educating the world about the joys of bunga bunga parties . That said, a lot of people from across the political spectrum ...

T-Mobile gets $2 billion boost ahead of game-changing spectrum auction
... compete with arch-rivals AT&T and Verizon. The company (Nasdaq: TMUS) is stocking up on cash ahead of a Federal Communications Commission spectrum ...

Tea Party Caucus Chairman Tim Huelskamp Endorses Ted Cruz, a ‘Full Spectrum Conservative’
Tea Party Caucus Chairman Tim Huelskamp Endorses Ted Cruz, a ‘Full Spectrum Conservative’