Zx81 emulator: VB81.

HI,

VB81 is a very good emulator ... and i had a plan to custom.
It's a freeware and them codes are freely available on the web.
Chris Cowley's codes are fully functionals and reliable.

But, i have a trouble and a dilemma ... ;)

I had decide to code a personal release with Chris Cowley's matrix codes.
VB81 is a freeware, we can change it's codes, and create a new ZX81 emulator
! (regarding GNU Licence)

I want to help Chris Cowley to update his own software, but this project
seem to be abandoned.
It will be unfear to rename this project to "VBZX81" for example ... regards
primary Chris's working.

Chis, are you agree to co-authoring your freeware and diffuse my add-in
codes as a new release of VB81?

My personal release add many functionalities and Zx81 programmers tools.
(primary to had a Screen shot to save Zx81 screen ...)

Are you agree to have a look to my add-in codes?
Are you agree to reopen the VB81 project?

Regards,

0
zx81.ordi5 (46)
7/7/2006 12:25:32 AM
comp.sys.sinclair 6076 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hi Chis,

> If you'd like to fork the source (in accordance with the GPL, of course)
> and make some changes and call it VBZX81 or "vb81-XavSnap Edition", or
> whatever, and maintain a copy on your own website then please do it. As
> long as you give me credit for the my part in the whole deal, and as
> long as you fully comply with the GPL, then I'd be totally happy with
> that.

The name of this release will be "Zx81 XuR by Chris Cowley/XavSnap" ... May
be "XoR" but...

> Please post here if you decide to do this, as I'd be interested to
> follow any further developments of the emulator.

Res & exe are avealable, if you are interested in my work...
http:\\fetrmartin.free.fr\tmp\VB81_RES.zip

You had to get french Runtimes on dskcenter.free.fr or recompile it with
VB6.
read-me to Chris in the zipped file.

Regards,

0
zx81.ordi5 (46)
7/10/2006 1:06:49 AM
On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 00:25:32 -0000, "XavSnap" <zx81.ordi5@free.fr> wrote:

>I want to help Chris Cowley to update his own software, but this project
>seem to be abandoned.
>It will be unfear to rename this project to "VBZX81" for example ... regards
>primary Chris's working.

Hi XavSnap,

vb81 isn't abandoned - merely "resting" as my personal circumstances
have changed and I don't currently have the time to update and maintain
it.

If you'd like to fork the source (in accordance with the GPL, of course)
and make some changes and call it VBZX81 or "vb81-XavSnap Edition", or
whatever, and maintain a copy on your own website then please do it. As
long as you give me credit for the my part in the whole deal, and as
long as you fully comply with the GPL, then I'd be totally happy with
that.

One day I hope to spend some more time on vb81 and so I may well
incorporate any changes you make bakc into my branch of the development
(suitably credited, of course) but that day looks like being a long way
off at the moment.

Please post here if you decide to do this, as I'd be interested to
follow any further developments of the emulator.

Good luck!

Chris.
--
Chris Cowley
0

> Please post here if you decide to do this, as I'd be interested to
> follow any further developments of the emulator.

The last updated "exe" file of VB81 XuR, is available :
http:\\fetrmartin.free.fr\tmp\VB81_XuR_EXE.zip

(Get  VB fr runtime DLLs on dskcenter.free.fr to "update" your system to
lauch this file.)

- Changes : Keyboard without D7! keyboard refresh fixed.
            added a hrg Memotech tool in "Tools" popup (Memotech must be
actived)
            have a look in Memotech_demo folder...

Programers Larken's kit for ZX81 :
http:\\fetrmartin.free.fr\tmp\Larken_KIT.zip

Regards.

0
zx81.ordi5 (46)
7/12/2006 12:38:28 AM
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 00:38:28 -0000, "XavSnap" <zx81.ordi5@free.fr>
wrote:

>Hi Chris & VB81 fans,
>
>> Please post here if you decide to do this, as I'd be interested to
>> follow any further developments of the emulator.
>

>The last updated "exe" file of VB81 XuR, is available :
>http:\\fetrmartin.free.fr\tmp\VB81_XuR_EXE.zip

Hi XavSnap,

It looks like you've been busy! Unfortunately though, I can't seem to
get it to work. On startup the emulator window opens, but I don't get a
'K' prompt.  If I then select "File->Reset ZX81 (Hardware)..." in the
menus I get a "Runtime error 380: Invalid Property Value" and the app
crashes out.

Clicking the Reset button on the toolbar displays a MessageBox that says
"Out of memory: 10001 called ! (OK to Reset ZX81)" - I'm not sure if
that is the correct behavior or not, but on clicking "OK" (I have to
click it twice) the emulated ZX81 shows no signs of resetting.

I am doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Chris.

--
Chris Cowley
0
> It looks like you've been busy! Unfortunately though, I can't seem to
> get it to work. On startup the emulator window opens, but I don't get a
> 'K' prompt.  If I then select "File->Reset ZX81 (Hardware)..." in the
> menus I get a "Runtime error 380: Invalid Property Value" and the app
> crashes out.
>
> Clicking the Reset button on the toolbar displays a MessageBox that says
> "Out of memory: 10001 called ! (OK to Reset ZX81)" - I'm not sure if
> that is the correct behavior or not, but on clicking "OK" (I have to
> click it twice) the emulated ZX81 shows no signs of resetting.
>
> I am doing something wrong?

Hi Chris,

XP Pro ? ... Somme of VB5 functions (dir("c:\"),chdir ...) seem be bugged on
Nt.
Rom loading is short-cut! (error test file localization=file error)
Example : dir("c:\") and dir("c:") work on W32 but dir("c:") don't work on
nt!

You had to recompile it, but "Out of memory" may be another error due to an
internal error (kernel).
Debug and tests are executed on XP home & w98, and "on error" function seen
to be unable to redirect were errors on NT systems.
however, "Out of mem 10001" seem to be a classe error bug (sub or function
error due to an empty memory).
I can't short-cut alls of errors when i code ... they must be debugged first
!
I will test locals subs and locate supported errors masked by the error
feature.
I will have a look to codes and i publish my update.

Note:
Somes of files, loaded without LOAD"" may crash with an memory overflow !
ZX81 hate to be stopped and run with anoter PC register (the main probl�me
in zx81 �mulators),
but this error don't seem to be redunant (i suspect d_file refresh, how
errase loaded file at its old offset).
The own problem in my projects is the compiler, how only work on emulated
W32 with XP Pro !

Regards.

0
zx81.ordi5 (46)
7/13/2006 1:37:06 AM
"XavSnap" wrote...
> XP Pro ?

0
mikeywyn (407)
7/13/2006 11:41:22 AM
"XavSnap" wrote...
> XP Pro ?

Just to let you know, it works fine here on my laptop (Athlon 64, 1Gb RAM,
XP Pro).

MikeW

0
mikeywyn (407)
7/13/2006 11:42:47 AM
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:42:47 +0100, "Mike Wynne" <mikeywyn@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"XavSnap" wrote...
>> XP Pro ?
>
>Just to let you know, it works fine here on my laptop (Athlon 64, 1Gb RAM,
>XP Pro).

Well, I'm at a loss until I have some time to look at the source. I've
just tried recompiling it with a fully patched and up-to-date version of
VB6 and it behaves in exactly the same way - no 'K' prompt and "Runtime
error 380" when closing or clicking "Update" in pretty-much any of the
dialogue boxes.  I am running XP Pro SP2, on a 3GHz Pentium with 768MB
RAM - but the errors all look like VB runtime issues and I don't think
the spec of my PC is playing too much of a part in it.

It's a shame because it looks like XavSnap has put a lot of work in to
add loads of new features, but I can't get to try any of them out!

XavSnap - are you going to host the binary and the source code
permanently on your http:\\fetrmartin.free.fr\tmp\ site? If so, I will
create a link to it from my main vb81 homepage.

Kind regards,
Chris.
0
chrrris1 (213)
7/13/2006 1:05:16 PM
wrote:

>"XavSnap" wrote...
>> XP Pro ?
>
>Just to let you know, it works fine here on my laptop (Athlon 64, 1Gb RAM,
>XP Pro).

I have it working now - the colors() array was defaulting to an invalid
set of values for some reason (-32768), and the code is trying to set
the display colours using these invalid values at various points, which
is causing the Runtime 380 errors.

I'm guessing it worked ok for you because you didn't have a set of vb81
display colours stored in your registry from running a previous version
of vb81.

Or something. Deleting my existing vb81 registry branch sorted it out
anyway.

I can have a play at some point now and will link to XavSnap's site from
the vb81 homepage assuming he's happy with me doing that.

Chris.
0
chrrris1 (213)
7/13/2006 1:36:35 PM
"Chris Cowley" wrote...
> I'm guessing it worked ok for you because you didn't have a set of vb81
> display colours stored in your registry from running a previous version
> of vb81.

Hmmm.  I have used VB81 on this laptop and having just checked, there are
registry entries in there.  Though I don't know if these were created by
your version or XavSnaps.

MikeW

0
mikeywyn (407)
7/13/2006 7:43:35 PM
Hi Chris & VB81 fans,

Last updated  files of VB81 XuR, is available :
http:\\fetrmartin.free.fr\tmp\VB81_XuR_EXE.zip
http:\\fetrmartin.free.fr\tmp\VB81_RES.zip

(Get  VB fr runtime DLLs on dskcenter.free.fr to "update" your system
 to lauch this file.)

- Changes :
            Hrg Memotech updated.
            Various GUI bugs (refresh Zx window while resizing...)
            ( you had to recompile it for using on NT platforms!)

Regards.

/XavSnap/

0
zx81.ordi5 (46)
7/14/2006 12:46:53 AM
> "Chris Cowley" wrote...
> > I'm guessing it worked ok for you because you didn't have a set of vb81
> > display colours stored in your registry from running a previous version
> > of vb81.
>
> Hmmm.  I have used VB81 on this laptop and having just checked, there are
> registry entries in there.  Though I don't know if these were created by
> your version or XavSnaps.
>
> MikeW

Hi Mike & Chris,

First, our Xur work fine on Xp Pro ... I'm happy! ( one "on error goto" per
line! and it work fine!)

The register entrie is the same, with XuR setting.(Rom name, Larken,
printer... setup) and use same values.
Some of them could be corrupt due to a wrong variable declaration (boolean
instead of long),
But, it's seem good regard 1.3 Vb81 release.

>I can have a play at some point now and will link to XavSnap's site from
>the vb81 homepage assuming he's happy with me doing that.
I will take a peace of time to create an English site!

Thanks to Chris and Mike for there fabulous ZX81 emulators!

Have Fun !

0
zx81.ordi5 (46)
7/14/2006 4:08:38 AM
 Hi Mike, Chris & Vb81 Fans,

> "Chris Cowley" wrote...
>I can have a play at some point now and will link to XavSnap's site from
>the vb81 homepage assuming he's happy with me doing that.

Our work is now available on     zx81 . ordi5 . free . fr/vb81

 Have Fun !

0
zx81.ordi5 (46)
7/16/2006 12:39:47 AM
On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 00:39:47 -0000, "XavSnap" <zx81.ordi5@free.fr>
wrote:

> Hi Mike, Chris & Vb81 Fans,
>
>> "Chris Cowley" wrote...
>>I can have a play at some point now and will link to XavSnap's site from
>>the vb81 homepage assuming he's happy with me doing that.
>
>Our work is now available on     zx81 . ordi5 . free . fr/vb81
>
> Have Fun !

Thanks for letting me know, XavSnap. I will link to your version from
the vb81 homepage at http://freestuff.grok.co.uk/

Well done for adding some great new features to vb81 - your work is very
much appreciated and I'm sure it will prove to be very popular with many
other ZX81/TS1000 enthusiasts.

Kind regards,
Chris.
--
Chris Cowley
0

[Emulator : ZX81] VB81 Xur.
Hi, Vb81 XuR (Win32/XP) upated to 21-07-11 release. http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Please install Visual Basic runtime's DLLs at the first launch... Have Fun. ...

[ZX81:Emulator] VB81 XuR new release.
Hi all, VB81 XuR is now released 14/08/09. http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Have Fun! Hi all, VB81 XuR is now released 17/08/09 http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Can export a text file in TASM format. Have Fun! Hi all, VB81 XuR is now released 28/08/09 http://zx81.vb81.free.fr + Visual Basic Ressources available (r. 28/08/09). Have Fun! Hi all, VB81 XuR is now released 18/11/09 http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Have Fun! Hi all, VB81 XuR is now released 27/12/09 http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Have Fun! Hi all, VB81 XuR is now released 08/01/10 http://zx81.vb81.free.fr - Dominique Contant's Forth compiler updated to HRG graphics. Have Fun! Hi all, VB81 XuR is now released 15/02/10 http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Have Fun! Hi all, VB81 XuR is now released 25/07/10 http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Have Fun! Hi all, VB81 XuR is now released 15/08/10 http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Have Fun! Hi all, VB81 XuR is now released 22/08/10 - Add a new input/output card, 16 input and 16 outputs.Descibe by Wilf Rigter. ("32K RAM plus 32 bit Memory Mapped I/O for the ZX81" http://www.user.dccnet.com/wrigter/index_files/ZXRAMIO.htm) - I.o. card Demos files in "P" format available in the "P_tools" folder. *** VB Resouces updated (rel. 22/08/10) *** http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Have Fun! Hi...

[ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease.
Hi, New Vb81 realease 11-19-06. at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr (minor release) Have Fun! Regards. XavSnap. XavSnap wrote: > New Vb81 realease 11-19-06. > at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr > (minor release) Hi XavSnap, Thanks for making this available. I finally got around to linking to your excellent vb81 update from my homepage at http://freestuff.grok.co.uk/vb81/ this evening. I hope it brings more hits your way. Please keep up the great work! -- Chris Cowley "Chris Cowley" <chrrris@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:xn0etxgjr1amjns001@news.clara.net... > XavSnap wrote: > > > New Vb81 realease 11-19-06. > > at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr > > (minor release) > > Hi XavSnap, > > Thanks for making this available. I finally got around to linking to > your excellent vb81 update from my homepage at > http://freestuff.grok.co.uk/vb81/ this evening. I hope it brings more > hits your way. > > Please keep up the great work! > -- > Chris Cowley Thanks Chris. XavSnap. ...

z81 2.1
z81 is a ZX81 and ZX80 emulator. There are actually two versions - z81 (for svgalib), and xz81 (for X). Also included are zx81get (a ZX81 tape reader), and saverom (a program to save the ROM from a ZX81). *The ROMs are not included*, so you'll have to obtain those separately. You can download z81 from ibiblio: ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/system/emulators/zx/z81-2.1.tar.gz There's also a web page here: http://rus.members.beeb.net/z81.html 2.1 is essentially a bugfix release. * Changes in z81 2.1 Fixed several compilation warnings with gcc, as well as something gcc now likes to call an "error" which prevented compilation of z81 2.0 with current versions. Thanks to Adam J. Richter and Brian Schau for pointing out the problems. Added a "saverom" program for the ZX81, which lets you save your own ZX81's ROM. Changed ZX80 VSYNC behaviour slightly, the Space Invaders clone for it works now. Various sound fixes - fixed post-death sound in QS Defender, fixed a slight `spike' problem on VSYNC tones, and removed AY tone/noise counter wraparound (which was mistaken). Improved signal handling. -Rus. ########################################################################## # Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: cola@stump.algebra.com # # PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION. # # This group is archived at http://stump.algebra.com/~cola/ ...

[Emulator: ZX81] VB81 XuR v.30-05-12.
Hi, New VB81 XuR released 30-05-12. * New tool to draw in the Zx81's D_File ("EasyDraw" window.) Download page : http://zx81.vb81.free.fr/ Win32 program, install the Dlls tool kit used by the Visual Basic R5.(available on the web site) Have Fun. ...

[ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease. #5
Hi, New Vb81 realease 04-06-07. at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Include a "Basic" wav converter (22Khz/8bits). Have Fun! Best regards. ><avSnap. ...

[ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease. #3
Hi, New Vb81 realease 03-01-07. at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Include a binary viewer and a byte comparator. Note: - Vb81 XuR Resources available. - To increase the ZXprinter speed, just close the printer window! - "Yoogor" game from Andr�*** is coming. it's an excellent adaptation of Prince of Persia. (pictures on his home page http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre/andre.htm ) Have Fun! Best regards. ><avSnap. "GzavSnap" <zx81.pas2spams.ordi5@free.fr> a �crit dans le message de news:45e7f0e6$0$31710$426a34cc@news.free.fr... > Hi, > > New Vb81 realease 03-01-07. > at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr > Include a binary viewer and a byte comparator. > > Note: > - Vb81 XuR Resources available. > - To increase the ZXprinter speed, just close the printer window! > - "Yoogor" game from Andr�*** is coming. it's an excellent adaptation > of Prince of Persia. > (pictures on his home page http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre/andre.htm ) > > Have Fun! > > Best regards. > ><avSnap. Zx81 emulated by Vb81 XuR: http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/images/ZX81-APRIL.jpg Best regards. Hello, New Vb81 XuR realease 25-06-07. at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Include a virtual I/O card based on the 8255 ship. With 24 I/O and a Centronics port support (http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/brico/centronic (but the PCB is corrupt!)). Have Fun! Regards. ><avSnap. ...

[ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease. #4
Hi, New Vb81 XuR realeased 16-05-07. at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Include a ASM type-in winow in hexadecimal and decimal. Have Fun! Best regards. ><avSnap. ...

[Emulator: ZX81] VB81 XuR v.14-03-14.
Hi, Vb81 XuR had been released v.14-03-14. http://zx81.vb81.free.fr/ Have Fun. ...

[ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease. #2 #2
Hello, New Vb81 XuR realease 28-08-07. at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr - Memotech card updated. - Quick Silva UDG card added. - Files explorer updated to load C, Bin or Rom files. Have Fun! Regards. ><avSnap. "GzavSnap" <zx81.pas2spams.ordi5@free.fr> a �crit dans le message de news:46d14b11$0$10684$426a74cc@news.free.fr... > Hello, > > New Vb81 XuR realease 28-08-07. > at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr > > - Memotech card updated. > - QuickSilva UDG card added. > - Files explorer updated to load C, Bin or Rom files. > > Have Fun! > > Regards. > ><avSnap. Release recompiled: Virtual tape display resize bugs, "AutoRedraw" bug in files explorator. Added a recompiled ASM rom driver at 3000h (Quicksilva UDG CARD), alow to launch a Qcopy. (Rom and asm res. in "HRG-cards" folder) Regards. > Release recompiled: > Virtual tape display resize bugs, "AutoRedraw" bug in files explorator. This release seem steel corrupt on W98 ... I had have a look to GDI functions ... A new release will be available as soon as. Please use LOAD"" to avoid the file explorer windows with HD icon in the virtual tape button bar. ...

[ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease. #2 1227489
Hi, New Vb81 realease 12-09-06. at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr (very minor release) Have Fun! Best regards. XavSnap. "GzavSnap" <pas2spams.zx81.ordi5@free.fr> a �crit dans le message de news:45797e5f$0$25897$426a34cc@news.free.fr... Hi, New Vb81 "XuR" realease 21-12-06. at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Have Fun! Best regards. XavSnap. ...

[ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease. #2 1227926
Hello, New Vb81 XuR realease 06-08-07. at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Have Fun! Regards. ><avSnap. ...

[ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease. #2 #3
Hello, New Vb81 XuR realease 30-08-07. at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr Have Fun! Regards. ><avSnap. ...

[ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease. #2 #4
Hello, New Vb81 XuR realease 09-09-07. at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr - AGB graphic card added. - An UDG window creator. Have Fun! Regards. ><avSnap. On 9 Sep, 09:40, "GzavSnap" <zx81.pas2spams.or...@free.fr> wrote: > Hello, > > New Vb81 XuR realease 09-09-07. > at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr > > - AGB graphic card added. > - An UDG window creator. > > Have Fun! > > Regards. > ><avSnap. Where is the source code? (The original is GPL IIRC) I am VERY interested in how the ZXPrinter output code works :) On Sep 9, 1:59 pm, use...@gfarlie.demon.co.uk wrote: > On 9 Sep, 09:40, "GzavSnap" <zx81.pas2spams.or...@free.fr> wrote: > > > Hello, > > > New Vb81 XuR realease 09-09-07. > > at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr > > > - AGB graphic card added. > > - An UDG window creator. > > > Have Fun! > > > Regards. > > ><avSnap. > > Where is the source code? > (The original is GPL IIRC) > I am VERY interested in how the ZXPrinter output code works :) I think the file you're looking for is "ModPrinter.bas" in the "VB81_RES.zip" file. I'm not sure that you could compile VB81 from the resource file and the original code in which case it may be in breach of the GPL which the original most definitely is released under. "OwenBot" <cheveron@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de...

Sinclair Spectrum emulator on a Commodore 64 emulator
I was reading a British game magazine from June 1984 (is available as PDF on archive.org - if anyone cares I can try to find the download address) where an article says: | Video Vault International are bringing out the Commodore Emulator for | �12.95. Once loaded into your machine, it emulates the Sinclair | operating system and allows you to run your favourite Sinclair | games. Commodore 64 owners should soon be able to load and run Spectrum | software on their machines [...] I was curious if this works. Especially since a C64 has a 6510 CPU and a Spectrum an Z80. I don't own a real Commodore 64 so emulate it with the VICE emulator. I also found a program in my collection which has "Spectrum Emulator (1985)" in its name. But although the program loads it just doesn't start. RUN just returns the cursor. So I wonder if this is for real. Has anybody ever had a working Spectrum emulator for the Commodore 64? Not important if on the real machine or emulated itself. -- Andreas I use a Unix based operating system, which means I get laid almost as often as I have to reboot my computer. In comp.sys.cbm Andreas Kohlbach <march.10.ankman@spamgourmet.net> wrote: > > I don't own a real Commodore 64 so emulate it with the VICE emulator. I > also found a program in my collection which has "Spectrum Emulator > (1985)" in its name. But although the program loads it just doesn't > start. RUN just r...

SINCLAIR ZX81 'n TIMEX-SINCLAIR 1000/1500
Bonjour, We now have 2 NEW ZX81/TS1000 web sites, 2 NEW programmers and 4 NEW programs available. "CHOPPER DROP 3000" by Philip Lord at "http://www.tinyurl.com/2fpasj" "WAR GAME"........... "EAGLE".................... "RETROBEAMER"...... by Jens Sommerfeld at "http:// zx81.ordi5.free.fr/jens" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The 12th annual meeting of ZX-TEAM will be held from the 11th to the 13th of April. Get more infos from "http://www.zx-team.de/" ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Do not miss the entire SIMPSON FAMILY in DIPIC format at "http://www.zx-team.de/andre". Goodby(t)e ANDRE*** http://www.zx-team.de/andre http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr./andre ...

SINCLAIR ZX81 'n TIMEX-SINCLAIR 1000/1500
Bonjour, We now have 2 NEW ZX81/TS1000 web sites, 2 NEW programmers and 4 NEW programs available. "CHOPPER DROP 3000" by Philip Lord at "http://www.tinyurl.com/2fpasj" "WAR GAME"........... "EAGLE".................... "RETROBEAMER"...... by Jens Sommerfeld at "http:// zx81.ordi5.free.fr/jens" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The 12th annual meeting of ZX-TEAM will be held from the 11th to the 13th of April. Get more infos from "http://www.zx-team.de/" ---...

ZX81 Emulator
Does anyone know of a Sinclair ZX81 emulator that will run on the ARMX6? Or is an emulator under DosBox the way to go? In article <mvrnao$s7d$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Rob Heaton <rob@robheaton.co.uk> wrote: > Does anyone know of a Sinclair ZX81 emulator that will run on the ARMX6? > Or is an emulator under DosBox the way to go? You can download a zx80/zx81 emulator from http://riscosports.co.uk/emulation.html. On 2015-10-16 22:02:55 +0000, Chris Gransden said: > In article <mvrnao$s7d$1@speranza.aioe.org>, > Rob Heaton <rob@robheaton....

Sinclair BASIC emulator
For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or 10 hours ago. Enjoy! -- Best regards, Sam Gillett Change is inevitable, except from vending machines! On May 26, 8:12 pm, "Sam Gillett" <sgillettnos...@diespammergte.net> wrote: > For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC > emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or 10 > hours ago. > > Enjoy! > > -- > Best regards, > > Sam Gillett > > Change is inevitable, > except from vending machines! Is it the same one made a few years ago, or a new one? I think a C64 to Sinclair Basic would be useful, even if not perfect. Thanks. "zxbruno" wrote ... > On May 26, 8:12 pm, "Sam Gillett" <sgillettnos...@diespammergte.net> > wrote: >> For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC >> emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or >> 10 >> hours ago. >> >> Enjoy! > > Is it the same one made a few years ago, or a new one? > I think a C64 to Sinclair Basic would be useful, even if not perfect. > > Thanks. It was a repost of a program originally posted in December of 1998. -- Best regards, Sam Gillett Change is inevitable, except from vending machines! What I need is one that runs on t...

ZX81 emulator for the Wii?
Is anyone working on one? deKay -- Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that Haven't heard of one. You could use Paul Farrow's excellent ZX81 emulator IF2 ROM for the Speccy with the Wii port of Fuse, assuming IF2 ROM support works. ...

ZX81 Emulator on Palm
I googled for an ZX81 Palm emulator and found the link to a web site in the UK. But it seems to be dead. Alternatives? Andreas ------- A programming language is low level when its programs require attention to the irrelevant. "Andreas Kochenburger" <akk@nospam.com> wrote in message news:35isp2lsdkto0ttoiuojhp9ktagmn1rqp4@4ax.com... >I googled for an ZX81 Palm emulator and found the link to a web site > in the UK. But it seems to be dead. Back up and running with a new ISP: http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~agate S. On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 09:28:09 -0000, "Ironman" <unspecified@unspecified.co.uk> wrote: >Back up and running with a new ISP: > >http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~agate It does not run on my old Palm m505 (Palm OS V.4). But thanx anyway ! Andreas ------- It's never too late to have a happy childhood. ...

ZX81 Mac Emulator
Hi Does anyone know a decent ZX81 emulator for Mac? Thanks Mark "Mark Agar" <mark_agar@ntlworld.com> escreveu na mensagem news:BDBCF156.2DE%mark_agar@ntlworld.com... > Hi > > Does anyone know a decent ZX81 emulator for Mac? > > Thanks > > Mark > Search www.worldofspectrum.org (at the emulators section). or use this direct link: http://www.worldofspectrum.org/emulators.html#mac Regards, RootShell Mark Agar wrote: > Hi > > Does anyone know a decent ZX81 emulator for Mac? > As long as you don't mind building from source and using X11 you can use xz81 on OS X. <http://rus.members.beeb.net/z81.html> In article <41974da7$0$3206$a729d347@news.telepac.pt>, RootShell <rootshell@netcabo.pt> wrote: >"Mark Agar" <mark_agar@ntlworld.com> escreveu na mensagem >news:BDBCF156.2DE%mark_agar@ntlworld.com... >> >> Does anyone know a decent ZX81 emulator for Mac? > >Search www.worldofspectrum.org (at the emulators section). >or use this direct link: http://www.worldofspectrum.org/emulators.html#mac Given that MESS is not a decent (Sinclair) emulator, which one are you suggesting he uses? Cheers, Phil -- Philip Kendall <pak21@srcf.ucam.org> http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~pak21/ In article <BDBCF156.2DE%mark_agar@ntlworld.com>, Mark Agar <mark_agar@ntlworld.com> writes >Hi > >Does anyone know a decent ZX81 emulator for Mac? If you h...

Sinclair Emulation for Cybiko
Anyone come across these little gems?: http://www.cybikoxtreme.com/ One of my customers is interested in developing an intra-office app for this wireless PDA platform (which seems to be heavily marketed towards teenage kids rather than businesses), but as soon as I saw it I couldn't help thinking about the ZX81 and Spectrum emulation possibilities. I've just got one here and it's a nice bit of kit for the money (30 quid!) -- the hardware (Hitachi H8S at 18MHz with a 4MHz Atmel co-pro to handle the LCD and sound) looks just about capable of supporting an efficiently-written emulat...

ANSI.SYS emulation
Dear mail list - I would like to be able to emulate ANSI.SYS cursor control commands by direct access to the video memory. In 16 bit DOS it is done with far pointers, which I do not think can be used in djgpp. How can I do it? Does anyone have any example code they could share with me? MUCH THANKS IN ADVANCE. Ethan Rosenberg Ethan Rosenberg <ethros@earthlink.net> wrote: > Dear mail list - > I would like to be able to emulate ANSI.SYS cursor control commands by > direct access to the video memory. Why use direct hardware access? <conio.h> functions are just as effective. Just see info libc func conio and particularly the gotoxy() function -- Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de) Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain. > Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:05:53 -0400 > From: Ethan Rosenberg <ethros@earthlink.net> > > I would like to be able to emulate ANSI.SYS cursor control commands by > direct access to the video memory. In 16 bit DOS it is done with far > pointers, which I do not think can be used in djgpp. > > How can I do it? Does anyone have any example code they could share with me? One example is in the DJGPP port of GNU `ls'. You can download the source distribution of GNU Fileutils, v2gnu/fil*s.zip, from the DJGPP repository, and look at the file ls-msdos.c there. ...

Web resources about - Zx81 emulator: VB81. - comp.sys.sinclair