Zx81 emulator: VB81.

HI,

VB81 is a very good emulator ... and i had a plan to custom.
It's a freeware and them codes are freely available on the web.
Chris Cowley's codes are fully functionals and reliable.

But, i have a trouble and a dilemma ... ;)

I had decide to code a personal release with Chris Cowley's matrix codes.
VB81 is a freeware, we can change it's codes, and create a new ZX81 emulator
! (regarding GNU Licence)

I want to help Chris Cowley to update his own software, but this project
seem to be abandoned.
It will be unfear to rename this project to "VBZX81" for example ... regards
primary Chris's working.

Chis, are you agree to co-authoring your freeware and diffuse my add-in
codes as a new release of VB81?

My personal release add many functionalities and Zx81 programmers tools.
(primary to had a Screen shot to save Zx81 screen ...)

Are you agree to have a look to my add-in codes?
Are you agree to reopen the VB81 project?

Regards,

0
zx81.ordi5 (46)
7/7/2006 12:25:32 AM
comp.sys.sinclair 6039 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hi Chis,

> If you'd like to fork the source (in accordance with the GPL, of course)
> and make some changes and call it VBZX81 or "vb81-XavSnap Edition", or
> whatever, and maintain a copy on your own website then please do it. As
> long as you give me credit for the my part in the whole deal, and as
> long as you fully comply with the GPL, then I'd be totally happy with
> that.

The name of this release will be "Zx81 XuR by Chris Cowley/XavSnap" ... May
be "XoR" but...

> Please post here if you decide to do this, as I'd be interested to
> follow any further developments of the emulator.

Res & exe are avealable, if you are interested in my work...
http:\\fetrmartin.free.fr\tmp\VB81_RES.zip

You had to get french Runtimes on dskcenter.free.fr or recompile it with
VB6.
read-me to Chris in the zipped file.

Regards,

0
zx81.ordi5 (46)
7/10/2006 1:06:49 AM
On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 00:25:32 -0000, "XavSnap" <zx81.ordi5@free.fr> wrote:

>I want to help Chris Cowley to update his own software, but this project
>seem to be abandoned.
>It will be unfear to rename this project to "VBZX81" for example ... regards
>primary Chris's working.

Hi XavSnap,

vb81 isn't abandoned - merely "resting" as my personal circumstances
have changed and I don't currently have the time to update and maintain
it.

If you'd like to fork the source (in accordance with the GPL, of course)
and make some changes and call it VBZX81 or "vb81-XavSnap Edition", or
whatever, and maintain a copy on your own website then please do it. As
long as you give me credit for the my part in the whole deal, and as
long as you fully comply with the GPL, then I'd be totally happy with
that.

One day I hope to spend some more time on vb81 and so I may well
incorporate any changes you make bakc into my branch of the development
(suitably credited, of course) but that day looks like being a long way
off at the moment.

Please post here if you decide to do this, as I'd be interested to
follow any further developments of the emulator.

Good luck!

Chris.
--
Chris Cowley
0

> Please post here if you decide to do this, as I'd be interested to
> follow any further developments of the emulator.

The last updated "exe" file of VB81 XuR, is available :
http:\\fetrmartin.free.fr\tmp\VB81_XuR_EXE.zip

(Get  VB fr runtime DLLs on dskcenter.free.fr to "update" your system to
lauch this file.)

- Changes : Keyboard without D7! keyboard refresh fixed.
            added a hrg Memotech tool in "Tools" popup (Memotech must be
actived)
            have a look in Memotech_demo folder...

Programers Larken's kit for ZX81 :
http:\\fetrmartin.free.fr\tmp\Larken_KIT.zip

Regards.

0
zx81.ordi5 (46)
7/12/2006 12:38:28 AM
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 00:38:28 -0000, "XavSnap" <zx81.ordi5@free.fr>
wrote:

>Hi Chris & VB81 fans,
>
>> Please post here if you decide to do this, as I'd be interested to
>> follow any further developments of the emulator.
>

>The last updated "exe" file of VB81 XuR, is available :
>http:\\fetrmartin.free.fr\tmp\VB81_XuR_EXE.zip

Hi XavSnap,

It looks like you've been busy! Unfortunately though, I can't seem to
get it to work. On startup the emulator window opens, but I don't get a
'K' prompt.  If I then select "File->Reset ZX81 (Hardware)..." in the
menus I get a "Runtime error 380: Invalid Property Value" and the app
crashes out.

Clicking the Reset button on the toolbar displays a MessageBox that says
"Out of memory: 10001 called ! (OK to Reset ZX81)" - I'm not sure if
that is the correct behavior or not, but on clicking "OK" (I have to
click it twice) the emulated ZX81 shows no signs of resetting.

I am doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Chris.

--
Chris Cowley
0
> It looks like you've been busy! Unfortunately though, I can't seem to
> get it to work. On startup the emulator window opens, but I don't get a
> 'K' prompt.  If I then select "File->Reset ZX81 (Hardware)..." in the
> menus I get a "Runtime error 380: Invalid Property Value" and the app
> crashes out.
>
> Clicking the Reset button on the toolbar displays a MessageBox that says
> "Out of memory: 10001 called ! (OK to Reset ZX81)" - I'm not sure if
> that is the correct behavior or not, but on clicking "OK" (I have to
> click it twice) the emulated ZX81 shows no signs of resetting.
>
> I am doing something wrong?

Hi Chris,

XP Pro ? ... Somme of VB5 functions (dir("c:\"),chdir ...) seem be bugged on
Nt.
Rom loading is short-cut! (error test file localization=file error)
Example : dir("c:\") and dir("c:") work on W32 but dir("c:") don't work on
nt!

You had to recompile it, but "Out of memory" may be another error due to an
internal error (kernel).
Debug and tests are executed on XP home & w98, and "on error" function seen
to be unable to redirect were errors on NT systems.
however, "Out of mem 10001" seem to be a classe error bug (sub or function
error due to an empty memory).
I can't short-cut alls of errors when i code ... they must be debugged first
!
I will test locals subs and locate supported errors masked by the error
feature.
I will have a look to codes and i publish my update.

Note:
Somes of files, loaded without LOAD"" may crash with an memory overflow !
ZX81 hate to be stopped and run with anoter PC register (the main probl�me
in zx81 �mulators),
but this error don't seem to be redunant (i suspect d_file refresh, how
errase loaded file at its old offset).
The own problem in my projects is the compiler, how only work on emulated
W32 with XP Pro !

Regards.

0
zx81.ordi5 (46)
7/13/2006 1:37:06 AM
"XavSnap" wrote...
> XP Pro ?

0
mikeywyn (407)
7/13/2006 11:41:22 AM
"XavSnap" wrote...
> XP Pro ?

Just to let you know, it works fine here on my laptop (Athlon 64, 1Gb RAM,
XP Pro).

MikeW

0
mikeywyn (407)
7/13/2006 11:42:47 AM
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:42:47 +0100, "Mike Wynne" <mikeywyn@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"XavSnap" wrote...
>> XP Pro ?
>
>Just to let you know, it works fine here on my laptop (Athlon 64, 1Gb RAM,
>XP Pro).

Well, I'm at a loss until I have some time to look at the source. I've
just tried recompiling it with a fully patched and up-to-date version of
VB6 and it behaves in exactly the same way - no 'K' prompt and "Runtime
error 380" when closing or clicking "Update" in pretty-much any of the
dialogue boxes.  I am running XP Pro SP2, on a 3GHz Pentium with 768MB
RAM - but the errors all look like VB runtime issues and I don't think
the spec of my PC is playing too much of a part in it.

It's a shame because it looks like XavSnap has put a lot of work in to
add loads of new features, but I can't get to try any of them out!

XavSnap - are you going to host the binary and the source code
permanently on your http:\\fetrmartin.free.fr\tmp\ site? If so, I will
create a link to it from my main vb81 homepage.

Kind regards,
Chris.
0
chrrris1 (213)
7/13/2006 1:05:16 PM
wrote:

>"XavSnap" wrote...
>> XP Pro ?
>
>Just to let you know, it works fine here on my laptop (Athlon 64, 1Gb RAM,
>XP Pro).

I have it working now - the colors() array was defaulting to an invalid
set of values for some reason (-32768), and the code is trying to set
the display colours using these invalid values at various points, which
is causing the Runtime 380 errors.

I'm guessing it worked ok for you because you didn't have a set of vb81
display colours stored in your registry from running a previous version
of vb81.

Or something. Deleting my existing vb81 registry branch sorted it out
anyway.

I can have a play at some point now and will link to XavSnap's site from
the vb81 homepage assuming he's happy with me doing that.

Chris.
0
chrrris1 (213)
7/13/2006 1:36:35 PM
"Chris Cowley" wrote...
> I'm guessing it worked ok for you because you didn't have a set of vb81
> display colours stored in your registry from running a previous version
> of vb81.

Hmmm.  I have used VB81 on this laptop and having just checked, there are
registry entries in there.  Though I don't know if these were created by
your version or XavSnaps.

MikeW

0
mikeywyn (407)
7/13/2006 7:43:35 PM
Hi Chris & VB81 fans,

Last updated  files of VB81 XuR, is available :
http:\\fetrmartin.free.fr\tmp\VB81_XuR_EXE.zip
http:\\fetrmartin.free.fr\tmp\VB81_RES.zip

(Get  VB fr runtime DLLs on dskcenter.free.fr to "update" your system
 to lauch this file.)

- Changes :
            Hrg Memotech updated.
            Various GUI bugs (refresh Zx window while resizing...)
            ( you had to recompile it for using on NT platforms!)

Regards.

/XavSnap/

0
zx81.ordi5 (46)
7/14/2006 12:46:53 AM
> "Chris Cowley" wrote...
> > I'm guessing it worked ok for you because you didn't have a set of vb81
> > display colours stored in your registry from running a previous version
> > of vb81.
>
> Hmmm.  I have used VB81 on this laptop and having just checked, there are
> registry entries in there.  Though I don't know if these were created by
> your version or XavSnaps.
>
> MikeW

Hi Mike & Chris,

First, our Xur work fine on Xp Pro ... I'm happy! ( one "on error goto" per
line! and it work fine!)

The register entrie is the same, with XuR setting.(Rom name, Larken,
printer... setup) and use same values.
Some of them could be corrupt due to a wrong variable declaration (boolean
instead of long),
But, it's seem good regard 1.3 Vb81 release.

>I can have a play at some point now and will link to XavSnap's site from
>the vb81 homepage assuming he's happy with me doing that.
I will take a peace of time to create an English site!

Thanks to Chris and Mike for there fabulous ZX81 emulators!

Have Fun !

0
zx81.ordi5 (46)
7/14/2006 4:08:38 AM
 Hi Mike, Chris & Vb81 Fans,

> "Chris Cowley" wrote...
>I can have a play at some point now and will link to XavSnap's site from
>the vb81 homepage assuming he's happy with me doing that.

Our work is now available on     zx81 . ordi5 . free . fr/vb81

 Have Fun !

0
zx81.ordi5 (46)
7/16/2006 12:39:47 AM
On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 00:39:47 -0000, "XavSnap" <zx81.ordi5@free.fr>
wrote:

> Hi Mike, Chris & Vb81 Fans,
>
>> "Chris Cowley" wrote...
>>I can have a play at some point now and will link to XavSnap's site from
>>the vb81 homepage assuming he's happy with me doing that.
>
>Our work is now available on     zx81 . ordi5 . free . fr/vb81
>
> Have Fun !

Thanks for letting me know, XavSnap. I will link to your version from
the vb81 homepage at http://freestuff.grok.co.uk/

Well done for adding some great new features to vb81 - your work is very
much appreciated and I'm sure it will prove to be very popular with many
other ZX81/TS1000 enthusiasts.

Kind regards,
Chris.
--
Chris Cowley
0

How to load a game using atari 8bit emulator
Ok..I found an emulator called xformer 8. when I start it up and select atari 800 DOS..I get a ready prompt on the screen. How do I load my game file, which is a CAS format. What command do i need to give at the ready prompt to load the file? "Dan Shyan" <> wrote in message news: > Ok..I found an emulator called xformer 8. when I start it up and select > atari 800 DOS..I get a ready prompt on the screen. > > How do I load my game file, which is a CAS format. What command do i need to > give at the ready prompt to load the file? Probably ...

ZFS emulated volumes in non-global zones...
Greetings. I have a Solaris 10 zone running which is using a ZFS emulated volume as an Informix DBspace. I was able to "add device" the volume to the zone from the global zone no problem, and restart the zone to pick it up. Today however that machine went down for maintenence, and when it came back up the zone wouldn't start: # zoneadm list -v ID NAME STATUS PATH 0 global running / 1 kellsz1 running /zones/kellsz1 # zoneadm -z kellsz2 boot cannot verify zfs dataset zone-storage/kellsz2-dataset/dbspace1: volumes canno...

Re: [9fans] qemu cpu emulator
On Thu, 27 May 2004 17:12:05 GMT Martin.Kielhorn@uni-jena.de (Martin Kielhorn) wrote: > > Some time ago I tried booting the Plan 9 installation CD in > http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/ > > Its much smaller than vmware. > It should have vga and network support. > > I did not get very far. > Maybe someone with a working plan9 network has more luck. > Hi, There was a lot of progress in qemu recently. Cvs checkout from june 6 is now able to run the plan9 install floppy image, and start the graphic interface (after some tweaking of plan9.ini and vgadb). The ...

ZX81 Repair?
It seems that the flex cables for the keyboard on my ZX81 have cracked beyond usable...... :-( I tried cutting them shorter, and reinserting them, but its just too fragile a connection. Kind of works, but not at all reliable or useful. Unless someone on the earth has a case top/keyboard to part with, I have to fix this up somehow..... Does anyone have any experience or ideas about how I can "solder" up to the flex cable that comes from the keyboard? Its not a big deal to hardwire the other ends to the PCB connector, but I know enough to realize that soldering to the flex cable is ...

zx81
hi i have a brand new zx81 in kit form as supplied by sinclair. how much is this worth ? thanks > hi > > i have a brand new zx81 in kit form as supplied by sinclair. > > how much is this worth ? > > thanks �5 but I'll give you a tenner for it plus postage since it's you sc On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:18:56 -0000, <mjnurney@tiscali.co.uk> wrote: >hi > >i have a brand new zx81 in kit form as supplied by sinclair. > >how much is this worth ? I was flogging them for 50 UKP a couple of years ago. Many people bought them and put them straight ...

ZX81 surprise
I expected an odd keyboard, but the keys have no travel whatsoever! Say what you like about eBay, but it allows you a fab learning experience. -- *** Use the email address below - nickjunk@... gets auto-deleted *** ------------------------------------------------------------------------ | Nick Humphries -- nick@egyptus.co.uk -- http://www.egyptus.co.uk | | ZX Spectrum stuff * Your Sinclair archive * Time-lapse weather MPEGs | ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:57:46 +0100, Nick Humphries, from obd wrote: > I expected a...

Use Emulator with real ROMS

Love the Ts1000 (aka Zx81)
Love my ts1000 - how it was made the ingenuity involved etc. Recently got a Spectrum 128 +2 - opened it up to see what it looked like inside - boy was I disappointed. This big old case and a mother board about the size of a pack of cigarettes? "Bill H" <bill@ts1000.us> wrote in news:1128203222.752335.106060 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > Love my ts1000 - how it was made the ingenuity involved etc. Recently > got a Spectrum 128 +2 - opened it up to see what it looked like inside > - boy was I disappointed. This big old case and a mother board about > the size of...

Happy NEW Year ZX81 / TS1000!
NEW EMULATORS: New ZX81 emulator for the Nintendo DS! Yes, Nintendo DS owners can now play on their machine the unbelieveable ZX81 games. The emulator DS81 v1.1a is available from http://www.noddybox.co.uk Mike Wynne has updated his ZX81 emulator Eightyone to version 0.43c. Get your new version from http://www.chunty.com/eightyone/ NEW PICTURE: Do you remember Nancy? She awaits you on the web site! NEW PROGRAMS: "IN BETWEEN", the new game from ANDRE*** is now available at http://www.zx-team.de/andre *** I bet...you can't stop playing! *** A more colorfull ...

[ZX81-TZX] Is there any web pages on Zx81 Tzx format?
Hi, I'm coding a TZX reader for VB81 XuR and i have found this page: http://www.ramsoft.bbk.org/ or http://www.worldofspectrum.org/ But, this format was made for the Spectrum! Is there any officials web pages with zx81 hardwares? I'm able to extract hardware's specificity in EO resources... But, is where any recent database on this computer?(add-ons, sound card, graphics card) note: My TZX driver is ready (VB codes), and can be include in the XuR. Mail me to get my later release! Pfile extraction, images (gif,jpg,bmp), texts, hardware specs... Regards, ><avSnap. On ...

AppleWin mouse emulation
I just tried to boot a Pascal disk image called PASTK1.do, aka PASTOOLKIT.1, which I found on Asimov a while ago. I believe this is the Apple Desktop Toolkit for creating a WIMP interface in text mode. SYSTEM.STARTUP performs a check for a mouse card, it reports 'No mouse card installed.' then drops into the Command menu. What is the state of play for mouse emulation in AppleWin? I am running 1.12.8.0 (22 Feb 2006) Has anyone else played with the Apple Desktop Toolkit (either in Pascal or ProDOS)? What can you tell me about it? Does it have particular requireme...

New ZX81 game for the expanded machine.
Hello, Just in case anyone has missed it, Donkeysoft's Bounce has been released for the Sinclair ZX81 + 16K. You may download it from the RWAP Forums at: http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/ZX80_ZX81/forums/new-zx81-games-t552.html#p6716 and you may see the source code by reading my blog at shaunbebbington.blogspot.com Here's some feedback for the production: "That's great, son, but shouldn't you be making games for more modern computers?" - my Mum. "Dad, are you making the ball bounce?" - Ruby Mae. Thanks, Shaun. What could be more modern than a PC with ...

TI in PocketPC
TI in PocketPC - Emulators of the calculators TexasInstruments for OSWindowsMobilePC in: http://ticalcemulator.tripod.com/ http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/309/30978.html Lo que muchos esperaban , por fin ya podemos tener las TI en un PC portatil EDCG it's a good work. But yet it�s too.......... slowwwwwwwwwwwwww....... I installed it, and everything seems to be working except for the display. The skin loads , the screen turns from black to gray when I power on, but.... nothing shows in the display area. I have PPC 2003 - do you think this could be the problem? I'm r...

Hyperterminal emulation
Hi ! this is my problem : I have a servopod board with a motorla chip who controls the motors of a robot . I can connect this board to a computer via serial port . With Hyper terminal I can comunicate with the board as if the keyboard were directly connected to the board. Now I'd like to use Matlab to send and receive data as if I was using Hyperterminal. If I simply use fprintf and fscanf , it doesn't work (with fprintf the data seems to block in the buffer without arriving to the board). So I have to write some matlab code to "emulate" hyperterminal . But I have to know...

Connect a 1571 diskdrive to my PC and emulate a Final Cartgridge III
Hi guys. I really hope you can help me out on this matter. I have an old Commodore 128 with a 1571 diskdrive. In my youth I also had a Final Cartgride 3 on where I created a whole lot of notes through the graphical interface (some kind of Notepad). I still have the disks but not the FC3 any longer :-( Are there any chance that I somehow can mount the 1571 diskdrive on my Windows PC and emulate the FC3 and in that way get my old notes into my PC? I will be forever greatful for any help - thanks a lot. On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 08:03:37 -0800 (PST), JoeDoe <joedoe10@gmail.com> wrote: >Ar...

ZX81, the NEWS
Bonjour, "EROTICA", is available NOW at http://www.mattrudge.net/cgc2006/games.html. GO there and PLAY game #21. "U.F.O.", the last program from the series "5 ARCADE GAMES" will be out in September. "SUDOKU" from Stafford White will be on your ZX81 or Timex TS1000 soon. Also in the making, "IN BETWEEN", a ACEY DEUCEY card game from ANDRE***. "YOOGOR", the all-animation adventure game featuring "YOO", already seen in "ZXOKO-BAN" and "IZXOLA" will be the hero who you must help ...

DOS emulator on Alpha ?
On VAX, there is the old SOFTPC product that provides DOS emulation of either a 80186 or 80286, I am not sure). Obviously, this product (which is really something fronm Insignia solutions) has long been desupported. Is there something similar on Alpha ? Are there public domain ALPHA based emulators of an 8086 architecture chip ? Obviously, one capable of funning windows would be neat, but DOS is what I need. If not, has anyone tries to VEST the SOFTPC product ? (emulating an emulator :-) JF Mezei wrote: > On VAX, there is the old SOFTPC product that provides DOS emulation of > ei...

gaming emulation
I want to play temple of apshai on my mac running tiger - any suggestions? okiwan wrote: > I want to play temple of apshai on my mac running tiger - any suggestions? After a quick search I'd say it's a DOS game, so I'd recommend DOSBox: http://www.holwegner.com/software/#DOSBox But it would have been easier to mention the system you want to emulate. -- M.I.K.e In article <PM000402B0D982DB7E@Odin.unknown.dom>, Michael Koenig <mikenospam@email.deMUNGED> wrote: > okiwan wrote: > > I want to play temple of apshai on my mac running tiger - any suggestion...

Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator Ant Attack
Does anyone know of any versions of the superb game ant attack on the Sinclair Zx Spectrum emulator? eleanor wrote: > Does anyone know of any versions of the superb game ant attack on the > Sinclair Zx Spectrum emulator? ..... Sandy Whites ? To run this game download it from "World of Spectrum" together with an emulator. There are dozens. ...

ansi/vt102 emulations
I am getting mixed messages regarding vt102 - ansi emulations with my Novaterm/C=128 on line experience. I am told that flashing text & scrolling text is available through ansi but not vt100/102. I have also been told that it is a telnet thing not a browser issue. I am set for vt102 & get scrolling & flashing text when I telnet to 204.117.211.3. Are all of the above true? If so why can I view those features with my vt102 setting? Thanks John Elliott I use Dialogue which is a Vt102 emulator and have seen no such odd stuff. Everything seems to work whether in Email (PINE) o...

ZX81-users-meeting
Please don't forget: 15th ZX81-users-meeting will start next friday, April 15th at about 6PM in Mahlerts, near Fulda in the heart of Germany. I hope, webcam and chat will work, so everyone who will not be there, may attend virtually. For more informations and a link to webcam and chat, please visit www.zx81.de Sinclairly yours Peter ...

Sunray Emulator
I think this has been brought up before but Google not helping. Did I read once about the possible existence in Sun HQ of a JAva-based Sunray DTU emulator? Would be nice to have on for testing purposes, especially for this Wanray project I'm doing! Must be quite easy since a DTU has a very tiny brain with what must be only a tiny amount of code. The Sparc emulation might be hard tho - I dunno, i'm no proggie.... Anyone? Steve ...

Emulate check constraints in MySQL
I've found a trick to emulate check constraints in MySQL at http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Triggers (scroll down to *Emulating Check Constraints*). Basically, triggers validate the data and you have a dummy table with a `Message` column and a unique index so your triggers can raise an error by inserting twice your exact error message: ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'Percentage must be an integer in the [0, 100] range`' for key 2 It's forcing a 1062 error code (duplicate key) because MySQL displays the value in the error message so you get a somewhat meaningful er...

ZX81 problem
Hi all I recently acquired a fully boxed ZX81, with all the leads, manuals etc, at a bargain price. However once I got it home and plugged it into the television, shock horror!! the picture was distorted. Ive tried plugging it into different tv sets and tuning each, but i still get a dark screen, sometimes blinking with a dark line across the screen where the input line is. Anyone any ideas of how to fix this? Or if theres a site I could visit to repair it? Thanks Keith On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:15:35 +0100, "Keith" <asdth@hotmail.com> wrote: >I recently acquired a fully...

Emulators and games for Palm IIIe?
I was given an old Palm IIIe back in January, though despite its age and limitations, I still end up using it every single day (mostly for reading webpage articles and eBooks). I was wondering though, are there any software emulators that'll run on it? I'd be interesting specifically in an 8-bit Apple II+/IIe/IIc which should be doable even it only runs at half speed (the DragonBall-EZ is essentially an MC68000 @ 16 MHz, right?). I'm also wondering what are the most recommended games out there. So far my favorites are Tetris Classic and any of the PLBM gam...