/tmp (swap) in 'lsof' output

Can please someone explain the meaning of /tmp (swap) in 'lsof'
output. What kind of open file descriptors are specified as /tmp
(swap)?

MyProc 26868 hawk   31u  VREG           0,2     8669 2426495367 /tmp
(swap)
MyProc 26868 hawk   32u  VREG           0,2     8777  736708121 /tmp
(swap)
MyProc 26868 hawk   34u  VREG           0,2     8669 2426595624 /tmp
(swap)
MyProc 26868 hawk   35u  VREG           0,2     8777  736707881 /tmp
(swap)
MyProc 26868 hawk   36u  VREG           0,2     8669 2426595672 /tmp
(swap)
MyProc 26868 hawk   38u  VREG           0,2     8669  736708073 /tmp
(swap)
MyProc 26868 hawk   41u  VREG           0,2     8777    4051096 /tmp
(swap)

When our application runs for a long time, we recieve "Too many open
file descriptors" error. The number of /tmp (swap) reported by 'lsof'
is steadily growing upon execution of the application. What can cause
increase of /tmp (swap) open file descriptors?

Thank you,
Alona

0
allab (41)
5/5/2007 2:22:28 AM
comp.sys.sun.admin 3736 articles. 0 followers. bozothedeathmachine16 (49) is leader. Post Follow

Strange computations output
Hello everyone! Please help me with the following. I perform simple calculations. Define a matrix A and substitute it into the equation: A = [a11, a12; a21, a22] syms x y z = [x y]; S1 = (A(1, 1) - 1) * z(1) + A(1, 2) * z(2) But the result is rather strange: S1 = (122247597203675*x^2*y)/4503599627370496 - (553534918490399*x^3)/2251799813685248 Of course, if I divide these numbers I will get normal ones. But why MatLab does not do it by itself? Thank you. Regards, Alex. "Alexandr " <o.pischanskyy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ibgpeo$mo6$...

nps74.tmp.pdf, nps75.tmp.pdf
I've shared some documents with you: nps74.tmp.pdf http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0ByF1VUt_tPodOTYxMmJiYTMtYWNiYS00NDQyLThhNzctNDMxY2FlMzAzMjNh&hl=en nps75.tmp.pdf http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0ByF1VUt_tPodMWFmN2I5M2MtZTRjYS00YmZkLWI3NGEtMjljOWJkNTlkNGQ3&hl=en They're not attachments -- they're stored online at Google Docs. To open these documents, just click the links above. Given the direction the SAS-L discussion, "Idea for a collaborative talk - Macros and Statistics", has taken, I think Rick M. Mitchell ought to be invited to partic...

output from simulink ode solvers
Hi, Does anybody know if it's possible to get an output from the simulink ode solvers that is comparable to the 'sol' structure returned by the command line solvers like ode45? I'm currently calling the simulink solvers by running the 'sim' command. Specifically, I would like to be able to be able to interpolate (after the fact) into arbitrary time values using the correct interpolation for whatever solver was used - exactly the functionality provided for the ode45 suite by the method 'deval'. Based on the 'refine output' option in simulink'...

PID with zero output for decreasing
Hi Folks, &nbsp; Due to some historical reasons, we're using a mass flow controller to&nbsp;maintain&nbsp;pressure within an enclosure for leak testing (not much at all, 2"WC). Obviously in order for the PID to decrease the process value, it would need to set the flow controller to zero&nbsp;and turn on a 'vent' flow controller. I know this is really backwards, but what are your thoughts on properly implementing this with the standard PID vi? I've tuned the PID for one particular enclosure (which leaks, without using a vent controller) but am afraid of the ...

Questions about some Ethereal output
Two PCs and a cable modem router (ie. switch, not hub). What does "Illegal NetBIOS name (odd number of bytes)" refer to? (WORK2 has Domain/Workgroup Announcement and Local Master Announcement enabled.) WORK2 192.168.0.255 NBNS Name query NB WKGRPNAME <1b>.MYSCOPEID WORK2 192.168.0.255 NBNS Name query NB WKGRPNAME <1b>.MYSCOPEID WORK2 192.168.0.255 NBNS Name query NB WKGRPNAME <1b>.MYSCOPEID WORK2 192.168.0.1 NBNS Name query unknown Illegal NetBIOS name (odd number of bytes) WORK2 192.168.0.1 NBNS...

SWAP: Sun HSI/P PCI Controller
I have a new unused Sun HSI/P PCI Controller, all boxed unused with cables and manuals. It is of no use to me, but would be interested in a swap for a PC emulation card for my Ultra10. ...

Re: [Info-Ingres] parse copy.out output as plain text?
Hello Zhiliang, You wrote... > I know another way might be that I can create a temporary db and load it with copy.in > script, then export again ... That will be ok if you have a copy of the original copy.out/copy.in scripts generated by copydb. When dealing with character mode be mindful of losing floating point precision and also of timezone and default date format. Paul ...

Re: CPU usage on buffered analog input and output #3
Yes, thanks! My problems are almost solved :) I&nbsp; attach a little example of my solution. I don't use FIFO at the moment. Residual Problem: Prefilled AO buffer is written twice. I have no idea why! example simul AIAO.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/190798/1/example simul AIAO.zip Hi Peter, I am glad to hear you are making progress.&nbsp; I have taken a look at your VI and I do not see anything that should be keeping the buffer from updating.&nbsp; However, I can't run the VI because the subVIs in your ramp VI are missing.&nbsp; Can you post them? T...

about /tmp/db2updt.tmp.*****
after the db2 on aix was installed fixpak12,in the /tmp path were created many null file,the file name all like "db2updt.tmp.*****",the *****is number type. i don't know why,somebody can tell me? ...

How to specify which Axes to output ???
In GUI,when there are more than one Axes(ex:left one and right one), I wanna specify which one to output the plot , or plot two figues in both of the Axes at one time, how to?? On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 08:52:18 -0500, Ceaser.Ts. <somenothing@msn.com> wrote: >In GUI,when there are more than one Axes(ex:left one and right one), > >I wanna specify which one to output the plot , > >or plot two figues in both of the Axes at one time, how to?? Use something like this: plot(x, y, 'parent', handles.axes1) Lars Lars Gregersen COMSOL A/S http://www.comsol.dk ...

V4 DSP48 Clock to out from P register to P output timing
Hi all, I am using a 48-bit accumulator reference design from the XtremeDSP for Virtex-4 User's Guide (UG073). The static timing analysis tool assigns very long clock to out time for the output of this block - 2.361 ns for the 10 speed grade in V4FX60. Looking at the datasheet this time is more in line with the clock to out time from M register to P output. However, the M register is not used in the design and the P-register is present... The time analyzer designates this time as Tdspdck_opp while in the datasheet there are Tdspcko_pp and Tdspcko_pm... The former is much lower than...

parsing XML swapping nodes
I have a page which I'm trying to add ajax functionality to however I'm having some difficulties. Basically I have a section of my page that looks like this <div id="pageDiv"> <!--a random amount of html could be several nodes of different kinds--> </div> asynchronously my server returns <document> <pageDiv> <!-- some random amount of HTML different than the original --> </pageDiv> </document to sum up what I'm doing now when i get the callback is div = document.getElementById("pageDiv"); repl = respo...

A stupid newbie question about output...
Can someone explain why this code results in two different outputs? > for os in comp.CIM_OperatingSystem (): > print os.Name.split("|")[0] + " Service Pack", os.ServicePackMajorVersion > osVer = os.Name.split("|")[0] + " Service Pack", os.ServicePackMajorVersion > print osVer the first print statement gives me this: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 and the second print statement gives me this: (u'Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack', 3) I know this is a grossly oversimplified example. The ultimate ...

telnet sessions output get redirected to newly spawned sessions due to abnormal closure of session
i had a problem with the telnet session . When i executed a command and then abnormally closed the session where the command is still executing and if i immediatly start another session the output of the previous sessions gets redirected to the new session . In order to prevent this i tried to use the following code mentioned below . I tried to redirect the OUT and ERROR fd of the shell to a null and then clean up later after deleting the shell which is executing the command using close . It doesnt seem to work . Does anyone have an idea of what i should try to do . please help me . its ...

Problem with Real time (DAS1002 D/A) analog output
A DAS1002 D/A card is used to get analog output. Problem in using real time windows target is... Just to check analog output, if a 0 constant is applied, output of around 9 volt is obtained. This is for the very first simulation run. Then when we make output channel 2( in analog output block), run the simulation and change o/p channel back to 1 then run simulation again, it gives 0 volt analog output which the the right value. After that it always gives the right value. But if we do not change that channel to 2 and than back to 1, it keeps giving wrong analog output. Does anyone know what ca...

#OUTPUT continuation on same line
Hi, Is it possible to print on the same line after already outputted the #output buffer to the screen... For example. TASK 1.... COMPLETED TASK 2.... COMPLETED etc. Is it possible to print COMPLETED after I have reached a certain clause in my TACL code on the same line as TASK 1 (after TASK 1 has been printed to the screen) and before printing TASK 2 On Wednesday, December 3, 2014 12:22:42 PM UTC-5, Mehrzad Irani wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to print on the same line after already outputted the #output buffer to the screen... &...

Re: timestamp output on rnds stats output, GRRR!
In message <alpine.LRH.2.00.0809181335450.13534@rh-colby0.colby.edu>, "Jeff A. Earickson" writes: > Yo Bind Developers, > > Using Bind 9.5.0-P2. Why, oh why, does "rndc stats" give timestamp > information in UNIX epoch seconds??!! Why can't ns_stats_dump() in > bin/named/statschannel.c do a call to localtime() or gmtime() and > convert the UNIX epoch into a human-readable time? > > Jeff Earickson > Colby College > Because you can do math on seconds easily. Also there are lots of way to convert seconds into a...

How to recover Vue 5 Rendercow .tmp (temp) files!!!!
I looked all over the net and noone seems to know how to recover the temp files created by rendercow during a network render. I played around and found a way to do it. Didnt know where else to post this so I put it here hoping someone with the same problem will find it. The method is kind of a crude hack, but it gets the job done if youre desperate. Heres how i did it... (done in windows xp, with vue 5 infinite, not tested elseware) 1. copy the .tmp files to another folder as backup. 2. open Vue 5, and open the project you were rendering 3. save it as something different like, "(myprojec...

swapped out hard drive into another computer, video problems
I have Fedora 12 running on an older computer. That computer started to get flakey so I put the hard drive into a newer computer as my boot drive. Now Linux wont recognize the new video card (which is built in on the motherboard). I dont know what the video card is to find out what driver I need. Is there a command I can do to find out what the video 'card' is so I can install the correct driver? I tried system-config-display but it fails to start X server. I also tried 'X -configure' with no luck. I dont get why 'they' just dont fix system-config-disp...

(pathname "/tmp/foo/bar/") vs (pathname "/tmp/foo/bar")
Among all the various wrinkles in interpretation and implementation choices around pathnames, all the Unix-based Common Lisp's I've tested seem to agree that: (pathname-directory "/tmp/foo/bar") ==> (:ABSOLUTE "tmp" "foo") while: (pathname-directory "/tmp/foo/bar/") ==> (:ABSOLUTE "tmp" "foo" "bar") I.e. the trailing '/' on the namestring controls whether the last element goes into the directory component of the pathname. However I have not tested every implementation. Does anyone know of a Uni...

problem with linprog output
Hi group, I have an L1 optimization problem of the sort Hx=d, with 1>=x>=0 and Sum(x)<=1. I am using linprog with A=ones(length(x),length(x)), b=ones(length(x),1), Aeq=H, beq=d, lb=zeros(size(x)), ub=ones(size(x)). But the output i get has values way over my ub threshold. What am I doing wrong? Thanks & Regards, Ganesan ganesan ramachandran wrote: > Hi group, > I have an L1 optimization problem of the sort Hx=d, with 1>=x>=0 and > Sum(x)<=1. I am using linprog with A=ones(length(x),length(x)), > b=ones(length(x),1), Aeq=H, beq=d,...

Swapping from ID.id1 to ID2.id
Hello dear members of the comp.groupware.lotus-notes.programmer. I need a hand on this one please. I've got Lotus Notes 5.0.10. I've got two differents ID files for two differents owners on my computer : ID1.id for owner #1 and ID2.id for owner #2. Today I'm working using the ID1.id as owner #1 and I would like to swap for owner #1 to owner #2 by changing the Document site (down right selection ) . Do you know how to create this new Document site please ? Many Thanks Octavio "freeposte" <freeposte@hotmail.com> wrote: > Today I'm worki...

How to include graphics in output file using SPSS-Syntax?
Dear all, I like to automate my analysis process. It should generate I readily designed research report. Therefore I'm looking to include page breaks, graphics or PPT-charts etc. Has anyone an hint, macro, script or syntax which deals with this problem? I'm thankful for anythings that might help! Frank Study Scripting! Here is a quick and dirty example. Sub Main With objSpssApp.GetDesignatedOutputDoc .InsertHeading ("This is a page break") With .Items .GetItem(.Count-1).PageBreak=True End With .InsertHeading ("This is an Excel File...

Odd Telnet output
Alpha 8.3, TCPIP Services 5.3 This is over a DSL line, and a IPV4 only NAT router $ telnet/port=25 gprs.fido.ca %TELNET-I-TRYING, Trying ... 204.92.15.150 %TELNET-I-TRYING, Trying ... ::6000:0:3b:7777 %TELNET-E-CONNFAIL, Failed to connect to remote host -SYSTEM-F-PROTOCOL, network protocol error Can anyone explain what exactly is happening ? $ ping 204.92.15.150 PING 204.92.15.150 (204.92.15.150): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 204.92.15.150: icmp_seq=0 ttl=243 time=57 ms Now, this smtp server is supposed to service mobile handsets, so it is normal that it would be blocking calls from the...

Viewing the output of a form post and preserving authentication
I am trying to build a web form that uses the "POST" method (too much data for GET) to send data to a second form, then displays the response of that form post. The second web form requires standard authentication. I have a solution implemented in which the following occurs: 1) My website posts form data to a backend cgi script. 2) The script authenticates and sends data to the second form. 3) The script downloads and prints the contents of the response from the second form to the user's browser window(print $response->content). This seems to work fine; however, the conten...