Can Only Print from Some CDE Applications #2

I am using Solaris 9 (sparc) and have an HP LaserJet 2100
TN that I print to over a home network.

I can print to it from the console using lpr with no problem.

However, in CDE I can print from only some applications:

Yes
---
Calendar
Image Viewer
Netscape

No
--
Address Manger
Help Viewer

In all cases (even when nothing prints out), after selecting the
'Print...' option from the 'File' menu, 'laserjet' is shown as the
destination printer, and when I click 'OK' in all cases a dialog box pops
up with: 'request id is laserjet-(some number here) (standard input)'

The same files that do not print from the 'Text Editor' application can be
printed from the console using lpr.

Here is how I configured the printer:
# lpadmin -p laserjet -v /dev/null -m netstandard -o dest=laserjet:text -o protocol=bsd -o banner=never -o timeout=60
Print services started.
# enable laserjet
printer "laserjet" now enabled
# accept laserjet
destination "laserjet" now accepting requests
# lpadmin -p laserjet -I any

In my environment LPDEST=laserjet

In 'Print Manager', 'laserjet' is visible and set as the default printer.

The only odd thing I see is 2 entries for 'laserjet' when I do a
'lpstat -a':

# lpstat -a
laserjet accepting requests since Wed Aug 18 23:27:05 EST 2004
laserjet accepting requests since Wed Aug 18 23:27:05 EST 2004

Any ideas?  I am sure I am missing something obvious.

Barry

0
Barry
8/19/2004 6:38:54 AM
comp.sys.sun.admin 3739 articles. 0 followers. bozothedeathmachine16 (49) is leader. Post Follow