Can Only Print from Some CDE Applications #2

I am using Solaris 9 (sparc) and have an HP LaserJet 2100
TN that I print to over a home network.

I can print to it from the console using lpr with no problem.

However, in CDE I can print from only some applications:

Yes
---
Calendar
Image Viewer
Netscape

No
--
Address Manger
Help Viewer

In all cases (even when nothing prints out), after selecting the
'Print...' option from the 'File' menu, 'laserjet' is shown as the
destination printer, and when I click 'OK' in all cases a dialog box pops
up with: 'request id is laserjet-(some number here) (standard input)'

The same files that do not print from the 'Text Editor' application can be
printed from the console using lpr.

Here is how I configured the printer:
# lpadmin -p laserjet -v /dev/null -m netstandard -o dest=laserjet:text -o protocol=bsd -o banner=never -o timeout=60
Print services started.
# enable laserjet
printer "laserjet" now enabled
# accept laserjet
destination "laserjet" now accepting requests
# lpadmin -p laserjet -I any

In my environment LPDEST=laserjet

In 'Print Manager', 'laserjet' is visible and set as the default printer.

The only odd thing I see is 2 entries for 'laserjet' when I do a
'lpstat -a':

# lpstat -a
laserjet accepting requests since Wed Aug 18 23:27:05 EST 2004
laserjet accepting requests since Wed Aug 18 23:27:05 EST 2004

Any ideas?  I am sure I am missing something obvious.

Barry

0
Barry
8/19/2004 6:38:54 AM
comp.sys.sun.admin 3736 articles. 4 followers. bozothedeathmachine16 (49) is leader. Post Follow

Can any body tell where I can download COBOL compiler?
Can any body tell where I can download COBOL compiler. I want to compile some COBOL programs on my PC. Hi Ananda. If you check out the COBOL FAQ @ http://www.cobolreport.com/faqs/cobolfaq.htm , it provides details of where you can obtain COBOL compilers. Simon. Ananda Rao wrote: > Can any body tell where I can download COBOL compiler. I want to > compile some COBOL programs on my PC. There is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) posted in the comp.lang.cobol group on google. As this is frequently asked the replies are all there rather than being repeated to each person that ask...

trying to generate a terminal tab (or window) for each process ... #2
~ > xterm -e python "$1" & ~ it worked, but it opened different windows for each of the processes ~ How do you open all windows as added tabs of the window from which you started all other processes? ~ thanks lbrtchx On 2012-10-26, qwertmonkey@syberianoutpost.ru wrote: > ~ >> xterm -e python "$1" & > ~ > it worked, but it opened different windows for each of the processes > ~ > How do you open all windows as added tabs of the window from which you started > all other processes? What does the man page ...

Web Application Security Contest
Dear members of the comp.lang.java.security mailing list, Since there is one week left for the contest to be over I would like first to make known that because automated scanning tools cannot work for the first two applications, due to the page transition tree, I have included in the web page versions of these applications without it. Secondly, on January 28 an application bug found on January 27 by Eddie Lee was fixed. Lastly, I would like to mention that the format of the required report to be submitted has changed. Details can be found at http://java.uom.gr/~halkidis I am awaiting for y...

[News] Poor Windows Can't Do Online Banking, GNU/Linux Sure Can

Eclipse can create jar everytime I save?
Hi, Is it possible with eclipse 3 (or with a plugin) to create automatically a jar file everytime I save a class. So everytime it will rebuild the .class files it will recreate the .jar file. Thank you Alessandro Rossi Hi, aleicaro@libero.it wrote: > Hi, > Is it possible with eclipse 3 (or with a plugin) to create > automatically a jar file everytime I save a class. So everytime it will > rebuild the .class files it will recreate the .jar file. > > Thank you > Alessandro Rossi Yes: When you save a class, it will automatically be compiled by Eclipse (if you have sele...

Treebagger #2
has someone compared treebagger of matlab with opencv [open computer vision] tree random forest performance ? ...

FAQ Topic
----------------------------------------------------------------------- FAQ Topic - How do I change print settings for window.print()? ----------------------------------------------------------------------- In a normal security environment, you can't change anything. Print Stylesheet rules provide options. For IE, `ActiveX` or Plugin ScriptX and Neptune from Meadroid to give you more control for Windows versions of Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Opera. <URL: http://www.meadroid.com/scriptx/> <URL: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms976105.aspx> T...

[l/m 2/25/2003] What *IS* a super? comp.par/comp.sys.super (18/28) FAQ #2 #4
Archive-Name: superpar-faq Last-modified: 25 Feb 2003 18 Supercomputing and Crayisms 20 IBM and Amdahl 22 Grand challenges and HPCC 24 Suggested (required) readings 26 Dead computer architecture society 28 Dedications 2 Introduction and Table of Contents and justification 4 Comp.parallel news group history 6 parlib 8 comp.parallel group dynamics 10 Related news groups, archives and references 12 14 16 Not heard in these parts: This computer is good for {select one: 51%, 90% 99%} of your needs. What's constitutes a supercomputer? ----------------------------------- What makes a supe...

[tao-users] build an application win32 no console
i Need help please .....i try build an application on win32 with visual c++ 6.0 and i need to work no console ....i try run an application but CORBA init blocks win32 gui. i need some samples on windows no console.. can name server use without start naming_service? please help me .... thanx juan carlos hello from colombia I would recommend this book: Advanced CORBA� Programming with C++ Michi Henning Steve Vinoski Publisher: Addison Wesley First Edition February 12, 1999 ISBN: 0-201-37927-9, 1120 pages Section 11.11.1 and 11.11.2 explain this to...

Ptolemy Tutorial and Miniconference, 2/12-13 #2
Just a reminder that the Ptolemy Ptutorial is two weeks from today and the miniconference is two weeks from tomorrow. We will offer a Ptolemy Developer's Tutorial on Monday, February 12, 2007 in 540 A/B Cory on the UC Berkeley campus. Details may be found under the Tutorial link on http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/conferences/07 This tutorial is for Java programmers who are interested in extending Ptolemy. It will be a hands-on tutorial, please bring a laptop with the following installed: * Java JDK 5.0 - This is also known as JDK 1.5.0 or Java SE 5.0 * Ptolemy II 6....

How can i save automatically the command window ?
Hi Do you know how can i save automatically the results after training in the Command window? I want to save all of the process(results) at the Command window during/after training. Ie there any fucntion or command key? It looks easy but i can't find. If you know it, please let me know. Thank you. JK wrote: > > > Hi > > Do you know how can i save automatically the results after training > in the Command window? > > I want to save all of the process(results) at the Command window > during/after training. > > Ie there any fucntion or command key? > ...

[SLUG] Suncoast LUG Meetings #2
************************************* * Suncoast Linux Users Group (SLUG) * * Meeting Schedule * ************************************* SARASOTA/BRADENTON *************************************** 17 November 18:00-21:00 Sarasota (third Wednesday of each month) Honeywell 8323 Lindbergh Court Sarasota, FL See http://www.bish.net/directions/ DUNEDIN ************************************************** 20 November 10:00-12:00 Dunedin (usually fourth ...

SECRET BUSINESS #2
DEAR,NATIONAL SECRET AGENCY. FACT OF NATIONAL SECRET AGENCY COMMAND AND ORDERS IN INTERNET FROM 2000 JULY , RULE OF LAW IN ACTION ,SOLVE ALL INTERNATIONAL ISSUES WITH ALL INTERNATIONAL CONCERN AUTHORITIES. NATIONAL SECRET AGENCY BASED PERFECT RESEARCH, STRATEGY ACTION WITH COMMAND OF RULE OF LAW IN ACTION WITH PERFECT TIME IN ORDERS. NATIONAL SECRET AGENCY MOST IMPORTANT ACTION IN UTLISE NETWORK . INTERNATIONAL INFORMATION AND ACTION OF LAW IN DUTY PERSON CONFIRM THERE CONCERN AUTHORITIES. SEND FOR ACTION IN UNIVERSE WITH BEST RESPONCE OF CONCERN AUTHORITIES OR PERSON.IMMEDIATTELLY CON...

can't upload file to $_FILES
I'm trying to figure out why I can't upload a file in php. I'm trying it locally on a windows XP machine running Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.2.1. That is I am running the browser/server on same machine to test with. I also tried it on a remote linux server, though in that case I'm not sure what the s config settings where, except that it does have PHP and I get the same results. Are there any releevant apache settings ? I have not come accross any. Below is my script, results, and config settings. =------------------------------------------------------ <html> <body>...

busted BIOS part 2..
Ok, PCCHIPS the board mfr says to replace the battery.Did that even though it reads 3.07 volts.same problem Here's the boot sequence 1) turn it on and it beeps once(seems normal) 2) vdo comes on, show AWARD bios info... 3) memory check. 131Megs ,which is true. tried 64 megs, 192 megs, always reports correct amount( use this mem in another PC OK!) 4) goes to ident the drives. correctly reports none( it's out in another system) putting in 4 different drives and it correctly ids any and all of them. 5) CMOS checksum error, loading defaults, press F1 to continue or DEL to enter setup thi...

Can series of uploads be automated?
Would like to send separate messages on consecutive days to a single email address. Instead of logging in each day, would it be possible to load the three at one time and designate the delivery time and date? piedtype@gmail.com wrote: > > Would like to send separate messages on consecutive days to a single > email address. Instead of logging in each day, would it be possible to > load the three at one time and designate the delivery time and date? Yes. Schedulers and command-line email clients are available for most relevant operating systems. Thor -- http://www.anta.net/O...

Can ctrl-c throw an exception?
Can I set things up so that if I hit ctrl-c while a program is running, then a catch block will be run before of a hard termination of the script? Thanks. Why not give it a try? function [] = ctrlcthrow % Call the function, then hit ctrl+c. cnt = 1; try while true cnt = cnt +1; end catch disp('Error caught') end "klydefrog" <aj00mcgraw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:18909815.1237217764250.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org... > Can I set things up so that if I hit ctrl-c while a program is running, > then a catch block...

object argument passing behaviour changed in v8.2.2?
Hello, I have some code that looks like: ! Create array for interpolated results isrf = OBJARR(n_channel_detectors) ; Begin detector loop FOR i = 0, n_channel_detectors - 1 DO BEGIN PRINT, FORMAT='(6x,"Processing detector ",i4)', detector[i] ; Create new oSRF objects for this detector osrf = OBJ_NEW('oSRF',Debug=Debug) isrf[i] = OBJ_NEW('oSRF',Debug=Debug) ; Load raw SRF data osrf->Load_Data ...etc... ; Compute frequency grid from osrf and load into isrf element osrf->Compute_In...

Can I Import Multiple Files?
If some1 can please inform, I am wondering if in either Pine or Alpine, or even NANO, if I can import multiple file in to a current message? I think control+l only accepts 1 name? Thanks so much in advance Hart On Thu, 2 May 2013, Hart Larry wrote: > If some1 can please inform, I am wondering if in either Pine or Alpine, or > even NANO, if I can import multiple file in to a current message? I think > control+l only accepts 1 name? > Thanks so much in advance > Hart > Are you talking about reading in files, or attaching files to email? If it's just ...

Can I play LOTRO?
If I download the 5.6Gb high res. client can I play it in UK even tho free trial is not for Europe? Alan "Rand Al'Thor" <randalthor@wheeloftime.ie> wrote in message news:heS7k.61057$iv3.34154@newsfe14.ams2... > If I download the 5.6Gb high res. client can I play it in UK even tho free > trial is not for Europe? > > Alan > Is there a smaller client you can DL first? Might be worth a try. :-) Depending on how complicated you want to get, you might be able to work it all out through a proxy in the US if it won't let you play from the UK. &quo...

Switching children to draw on #2
How should I handle multiple types of child windows under a frame? Details: I've got a wxPython app with one frame. On startup, that frame gets a child, derived from wx.Window, called Map. The user can switch from there to an editor (a class called Editor that's also derived from wx.Window). All of these child types are windows that I just want to draw on, (i.e. dc.DrawLine(), etc.) To perform the switch, I do: child.Show( False ) child.Close() child.Destroy() child =3D None child =3D RailEditor( ... ) child.Show() So, am I handling child windows the right way i...

TclTest and Sublime Text 2
Recently I've been using the Sublime Text 2 editor, and I've got it set up = to run my TclTest test files from within the editor. I'm mostly developing= on Windows these days, and on Windows it works great. I tried it on OS X = today, and none of the test results were visible in the ST2 build pane. After investigation, I noticed that it depends on whether the test script d= oes a [package require Tk] or not. If it does, then the TclTest commands a= ppear to lose the ability to produce output that ST2 can capture. If it do= esn't, everything works fine. =20 Anyo...

Can you help save my mariage? Monitor question
Please help, my wife is insistent taht I get rid of my 21 inch IBM P201 and buy a flat screen monitor. I am in the Uk but the makes should be the same, I need a 17 inch tft that I can still work on my photographs with. Please give advice. Gary >From: "Gary" gary.sandy@btinternet.com >Please help, my wife is insistent taht I get rid of my 21 inch IBM P201 and >buy a flat screen monitor. I am in the Uk but the makes should be the same, >I need a 17 inch tft that I can still work on my photographs with. Please >give advice. It might be cheaper in the long run t...

Re: more thoughts on a set of TXT record clones #2
>it's because there will always be devices who hope for simplicity in what >they have to receive and parse and store and forward. Of course. But it strikes me that we're only talking about the bits of DNS software that translate between RR's and zone-file-ese and have to display or read representations of arbitrary RR types. The caches and resolvers and most of the other stuff that's performance critical don't parse zone files so they aren't affected. The programs that use the data in new RR types are going to have the format hard coded, just like it ...

How can I measure the network load ?
Hi I am looking for a tool allowing to get periodically the network load of some machines on a local area network (Linux and Solaris 8), and the amount of information between clients and servers of my distributed application. The aim is to gather enough information to optimize the distribution of my processes over the network, to know which clients/servers are the most bandwith consuming in runtime conditons, and so on ... I tried netstat, but this does not give me full satisfaction, and the result is different on Linux and Solaris. Thanks for any advice ! Nicolas > I am looking for ...