Help needed for Sun Solaris 7/11/99 OS full harddisk image backup under Windows OS

Hello,
We have been trying hard for taking full harddisk image backup that
contains Solaris 7/11/99 OS and programs. What we need is an image
backup program that runs under Windows OS and can recognize ufs
filesystem. The Windows programs we have found recognizes the harddisk
as unallocated and therefore cant backup.

Programs we had tried :

* Symantec Norton Ghost 2003
* Powerquest DriveImage
* Acronis True Image , MigrateEasy
* Knoppix OS (but it mounts hard-drives as read-only)

Is there a utility in Windows that can do this job easily or do we have
to do the backup using Solaris utilities (ufsdump, dd, Solicite under
Solaris 8 or 9, etc.)

kedifelix

0
e109282 (2)
12/6/2004 10:46:49 AM
comp.sys.sun.admin 3740 articles. 0 followers. bozothedeathmachine16 (49) is leader. Post Follow

SN#17838 Sun System Service Plans for the Solaris OS and Windows OS
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 109 Issue 3 2007-03-19 Article 17838 from section "Service" Choose the Service Level that Meets Your Business Requirements Service plans are available from Sun for systems running the Solaris[TM] Operating System (Solaris OS) or Windows OS. The plans are based on a single price, total-system approach. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=17838 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be includ...

Help needed : Mac OS X & OS 9.x and Windows-Server
Until now we are using different Mac's running OS 9.1 and 9.2 and save our files on a Windows 2000 Server via MacServerIP (AFP over IP). In the next time we like to upgrade to OS X. Our problem: Files saved on the Server from OS 9 via AFP will be recognized by OS X as "Document" without application information. I tried to connect the Server via SMB and otherwise via AFP. When I manually used AFP ("afp://<servername>") the volume becomes visible, but if I try to select on file the file will be go away. Next time I connect to the volume the file is visible again. U...

SN#15133 Sun Offers Service Plan for Windows OS on Sun Fire[TM] x64 Servers
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 91 Issue 2 2005-09-12 Article 15133 from section "Service" Offers Integrated Hardware Maintenance, Operating System Support One of the new product offerings for NC05Q3 from Sun is the Service Plan for Windows OS, available to customers who run that solution on their Sun Fire[TM] x64 servers. Four different levels of service are offered, enabling customers to choose the plan best fitted to their operational needs. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=15133 Have a custom version of 'System News f...

SN#18864 Sun Installation Assistant Easily Installs Linux, Windows OS on Sun x64 Servers
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 116 Issue 5 2007-10-29 Article 18864 from section "SysAdmin's Section" How-To Guide Demonstrates in Just 12 Steps Installing supported Linux and Windows onto Sun x64 servers is easy with the Sun Installation Assistant (SIA). Just boot from the SIA CD or a local network copy of SIA, then choose the required OS from the list in the graphical menu and follow the installation instructions. The Sun SIA team has posted a brief how-to guide on using the installation tool so viewers can see just how effor...

Unix Sun OS 5.8 sed script help needed
guys, I need some help on a sed script that works on linux RH 3 but not on a SUN OS 5.8. I tried to translate this working linux sed line s/^\(.*\.\s\)\{0,1\}.*s\s\([0-9]*\.\{0,1\}[0-9]*\)\(.*\)$/\2 \1/ to s/^\(.*\.[ \t]\).*s[ \t]\([0-9]*\.[0-9]*\)\(.*\)$/\2 \1/ but the zero or one time occurrence \{0,1\} does not work. I even tried the ? character. Can Somebody help me out please? xyfix wrote: > I tried to translate this working linux sed line > > s/^\(.*\.\s\)\{0,1\}.*s\s\([0-9]*\.\{0,1\}[0-9]*\)\(.*\)$/\2 \1/ > > to > > s/^\(.*\.[ \t]\).*s[ \t]\([0-9]*\.[0-9]*...

SN#20152 Optimizing Sun Java Desktop System 3.0 for Sun Ray Clients with the Solaris OS
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 125 Issue 1 2008-06-30 Article 20152 from section "Sun Java System" A How-to on Installation and Configuration Brian Nitz has written a Sun BigAdmin Feature Article outlining the procedures for optimizing the Sun Java Desktop System 3.0 for Sun Ray Clients With the Solaris OS. Nitz describes the installation procedures and configuration changes recommended to optimize the Sun Java Desktop System 3.0 in the Solaris 10 Operating System for Sun Ray environments. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?...

plan9port for sun-os and sun-cc
greetings, has anybody managed to get 9term, sam or acme to work under sun-os 5.8, using sun-cc? bengt On Mon, 24 May 2004 15:16:09 GMT, Bengt Kleberg <bengt.kleberg@ericsson.com> wrote: > > greetings, > > has anybody managed to get 9term, sam or acme to work under sun-os 5.8, > using sun-cc? > > > bengt > ...

Sun Fire V240 Sun OS 5.9
Hello, I have an old system (Sun Fire V240, Sun OS 5.9) that I need to break into, no one has the root password. Is there a way I can break into the box and reset the root password? If not, can someone tell me how to re-configure the whole system so I can reuse it? Many thanks! Aja Aja wrote: > Hello, > > I have an old system (Sun Fire V240, Sun OS 5.9) that I need to break > into, no one has the root password. Is there a way I can break into the > box and reset the root password? If not, can someone tell me how to > re-configure the whole system so I can reuse it? ...

SUN SUN SUN FOR SALE
SUN E420R Base Enterprise 420R Base System REF $1,200.00 SUN E450 BA Base Enterprise 450 Base System REF $1,150.00 SUN D1000/12 Base StorEdge 12 BAY Base System REF $150.00 SUN D1000/8 Base StorEdge 8 BAY Array Base System REF $100.00 SUN E3000 Base Enterprise 3000 Base w/ Pwr Supply, ACinput, Clock Bd. REF $500.00 SUN E4000 Base Enterprise 4000 Base System REF $500.00 SUN Sparc 5 Base Sparc 5 Base System w/ 110MHz 32MB MicroSPARC ll REF $125.00 SUN Ultra l Base Ultra 1 170E Base System w/ 167MHz 0MB FRU REF $150.00 SUN Ultra l Base Ultra 1 200E Base System w/ 200MHz 0MB ...

SN#17169 New Sun BluePrints[TM] Guide to Solaris Containers: Virtualization in Solaris[TM] OS
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 104 Issue 4 2006-10-23 Article 17169 from section "SysAdmin's Section" Resource Management Concepts and More The Sun BluePrints[TM] Guide to Solaris Containers is a collection of technical white papers that has been updated and consolidated into a single book. The book is available as a PDF and is 226 pages written by multiple authors. It provides an overview of the resource management concepts and technologies that comprise Solaris Containers, and it explains how to create, use and integrate Sola...

sun/solaris newbie needs help
Hi everyone, I've been asked to install an E3500 but very little experience with sparc hardware. If anyone could help I would be very greatfull. 1. trying to use a svga monitor [NEC E700] but get no display. using an adapter. monitor works. adapter works. 2. how to make system boot from cdrom before hard drives Any help would be great. THX Thanks Michaelp ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ No free torches, you must also provide the correct answer! +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ METP <metp@rogers.com> wrote: > I've been asked to install an E3500 but very little experien...

need sun box for solaris admin
Hi, Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a basic Sun box I could procure for use at home to practice Sun Solaris administration. I have been looking at used ultra 5s and ultra 10s on ebay, but wanted some input before I bought. Ideally, I want a box that I can practice on for Solaris 8 (or 9) Certification. All replies welcome. Greggster Gregg P. wrote: > Hi, > Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a basic Sun box I > could procure for use at home to practice Sun Solaris administration. > I have been looking at used ultra 5s and ultra 10s on eb...

sun os Generic_127128-11 32bit
hi!! everyone !!~~~~~ os : windows xp_sp2 Vm ware : virtual pc 2007 sp1 i install mac 10 . but have this message. Generic_127128-11 32bit . how would i do what set that can sloute this problem. ...

Sun Solaris, OS 10, and gzip
I want to "tar and gzip" some files from the office system and move it to my Mac with OS 10.3. So far, I have learned that the gnuzip on the Mac will not unzip a file zipped on the Solaris system. Does anyone know a way that will work, commpressing files and directories from the Sun to the Mac, or are Mac systems "in the dark" on this point? Lee Dickey -- Prof. Leroy J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, U of Waterloo, Canada N2L 3G1 ljdickey@math.UWaterloo.CA 1-519-888-4567, ext 5559 http://math.uwaterloo.ca/~ljdickey In article <bqiakp$4st$1@rumours.uwa...

Web resources about - Help needed for Sun Solaris 7/11/99 OS full harddisk image backup under Windows OS - comp.sys.sun.admin

Intel GMA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator , or GMA , is a series of Intel integrated graphics processors built into various motherboard chipsets. ...

SyncPOD - iPod MP3 Sync Tool for Linux and *BSD
This script syncs a local directory with your iPod . If the directory is larger than the space on your iPod you can sync this larger directory ...

Hard disk drive shortage takes aim at enterprise SAS, SATA in 2012
Hard disk drive shortage caused by the Thailand floods expected to curtail availability of enterprise SAS and SATA drives through much of 2012 ...

elby CloneDVD™ 2
PRODUCTS CloneCD 4 / MakeDisc FUN Free Software / T-Shirts Fun Products ELBY Press / Reseller Imprint Order Download System Requirements Revision ...

PlayStation 3 - Andriasang.com
... Japanese / 日本語 PlayStation 3 Platform Sony's followup system to the PlayStation 2 uses the Cell processor and has a Blu-ray drive and harddisk ...

Commands tagged gnu screen - commandlinefu.com
Great UNIX/Bash commands tagged with gnu screen - see these and many other invaluable command-line nuggets at commandlinefu.com

animations [Computing 2008]
FEATURES Animations Careers in IT DVD Direct Expansions Making IT Work for You On the Web Explorations TechTV Tips CHAPTER REVIEW Applying Technology ...

Total Commander - Name change
Why this name change? In Summer 2002, we received a letter from attorneys representing the owner of the trademark"Windows". In this letter they ...

linuxundich/zdf-dl · GitHub
zdf-dl let's you download video streams from the no-flash version of the zdf mediathek to your harddisk using curl and mplayer.

What would you like to see most in minix? - comp.os.minix - Google Groups