Java Desktop System for Sparc?

Forgive me if this is well known, but I haven't managed to track down the
answer on sun.com.  Is the Java Desktop System available for Sparc
platforms now, perhaps as part of Solaris 10?  I see links to purchase it
for Linux and x86, but what about Sparc?

--
Dr Tristram J. Scott
Energy Consultant

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Tristram Scott wrote:

> Forgive me if this is well known, but I haven't managed to track down the
> answer on sun.com.  Is the Java Desktop System available for Sparc
> platforms now, perhaps as part of Solaris 10?  I see links to purchase it

Yes, JDSv3 is part of Solaris 10.  SPARC and x86.

--
Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638
0
Rich
3/7/2005 8:23:34 PM
Rich Teer <rich.teer@rite-group.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Tristram Scott wrote:
>
>> Forgive me if this is well known, but I haven't managed to track down the
>> answer on sun.com.  Is the Java Desktop System available for Sparc
>> platforms now, perhaps as part of Solaris 10?  I see links to purchase it
>
> Yes, JDSv3 is part of Solaris 10.  SPARC and x86.

Thanks Rich.  That is excellent.  Time for an upgrade!

--
Dr Tristram J. Scott
Energy Consultant

java
Hello All, What is the present state of opengl 'binding' to java (or vice versa). The picture emerging from the internet confuses me. Any comments gratefully received. Ivan "ivan danicic" <ivan@goaway.spam> wrote in message news:aWq8f.7097$iD.5529@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Hello All, What is the present state of opengl 'binding' to java (or vice > versa). The picture emerging from the internet confuses me. Any comments > gratefully received. > Ivan > "jogl" is still active and probably one of the most complete. I've assumed ...

Re: Berkeley Madonna and System Dynamics
Hi Lou, Wikipedia defines System Dynamics as: System dynamics is one approach to modeling the dynamics of complex systems such as population, ecological and economic systems, which usually interact strongly with each other. Systems Dynamics was founded in the early 1960s by Jay W. Forrester of the MIT Sloan School of Management with the establishment of the MIT System Dynamics Group. At that time, he began applying what he had learned about systems during his work in electrical engineering to everyday kinds of systems. What makes using System Dynamics different fro...

memory needs of SQL based system
We are in the process of rewriting a major portion of our code to switch from record level RPG access methods to using SQL procedures and embedded SQL. Our 520 now has 4gb of memory. WIll we see performance issues arise as we implement the new SQL driven access methods and procedures? Any gotchas we need to be aware of so we don't unleash an embedded SQL that locks up the system? Would it be advisable up front to increase our RAM to say 16gb? A brave new world for us old record level access fogies..... When running in SQL intensive environment, rule of thumb is 8GB of main memory per...

ANN: EmPy 3.2 -- A powerful and robust templating system for Python
Summary A powerful and robust templating system for Python. Overview EmPy is a system for embedding Python expressions and statements in template text; it takes an EmPy source file, processes it, and produces output. This is accomplished via expansions, which are special signals to the EmPy system and are set off by a special prefix (by default the at sign, '@'). EmPy can expand arbitrary Python expressions and statements in this way, as well as a variety of special forms. Textual data not explicitly delimited in this way is sent unaffected to...

Java Web Console
Hello, What security restrictions should be considered when accessing Solaris 10 Web Console using root account? I have no problem to log in using another user account, but my root password seems not to work.... Feb 19 15:24:15 dwsol Sun Java(TM) Web Console[704]: [ID 197375 daemon.warning] Authentication of user {0} failed. bash-3.00# /usr/sbin/smcwebserver status Sun Java(TM) Web Console is running bash-3.00# cacaoadm restart bash-3.00# /usr/sbin/smcwebserver restart Restarting Sun Java(TM) Web Console Version 3.0.2 ... The console is running bash-3.00# svcs -a |grep webconsole onli...

US-TX-Austin: System S/W Developers, C/C++, Linux, VoIP, 6-12mos. (45295257611)
US-TX-Austin: System S/W Developers, C/C++, Linux, VoIP, 6-12mos. (45295257611) ================================================================================ Position: System S/W Developers Reference: MKS00004 Location: Austin TX Duration: 6-12mos Skills: Skills 5+ years of software systems development 5+ years of C/C++ commercial product development 3+ years of development on the Linux platform. Have a broad skill set in development with specific skill set in voice, networking & c...

Java run-time error in starting Hudson
I followed the instructions to install Hudson at http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/archive/2007/03/installing_huds.html Simply download hudson.war and run java -jar hudson.war But I get this run-time error: Running from: /cgbu/home0/cgbubldt/hudson/hudson.war [Winstone 2009/07/20 13:09:41] - Beginning extraction from war file [Winstone 2009/07/20 13:10:06] - No webapp classes folder found - / cgbu/home0/cgbubldt/.hudson/war/WEB-INF/classes 20-Jul-09 1:10:06 PM hudson.WebAppMain contextInitialized SEVERE: Failed to initialize Hudson java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: hudson.model.Hudson ...

Calling IDL Objects from JAVA
Folks, We are working on a new web portal that uses JAVA code for most of its operations. We wish to add some graphical functionality to the web page, so we are using the JAVA bridge to call some already defined IDL objects that open a file, process the data, create a PNG file, and display it on the web page. All of this works reasonably well. (We have had some weird problems with the IDL JAVA Bridge Assistant Wizard, or whatever it is calling itself these days, but for the moment we have overcome these.) Our main problem is that our IDL objects use a LOT of keywords in their methods. Spec...

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

Reduce with system of equations involving D
Hello, Here I'm using Reduce on a system of equations to find 'a' symbolically: { \[CapitalSigma]\[Tau] == D[Subscript[m, 1]*v*R + Subscript[m, 2]*v*R + \[CapitalIota]*v/R, t, NonConstants -> {v}], \[CapitalSigma]\[Tau] == Subscript[m, 1]*g*R, a == D[v, t, NonConstants -> v], Subscript[m, 1] > 0, Subscript[m, 2] > 0, g > 0, R > 0, \[CapitalIota] > 0 } Reduce[%, {a, D[v, t, NonConstants -> v], \[CapitalSigma]\[Tau]}] The answer is correct. However, I had to simplify the set of equations slightly. I'd like to say that: ...

US-NJ: Princeton-Jr. Java Web Developer
************************************************************** JobCircle.com - Careers, Content and Community for Technology professionals in the Northeastern United States! Jobcircle.com provides resume submission, classified searches, eLearning, hundreds of career development articles, tech news, and more to tens of thousands of Technology professionals in your area - visit us today at http://www.jobcircle.com! !!! Voted a TOP 50 Career Web Site in 2002 by CareerXRoads !!! ************************************************************** Job Title: Jr. Java Web Developer J...

Java navigation bar
Anyone know a good site that'll teach you how to make a drop-down navigation bar? I assume it is javascript In article <20031015232805.29165.00000668@mb-m06.aol.com>, kkiely@aol.comnojunk enlightened us with... > Anyone know a good site that'll teach you how to make a drop-down navigation > bar? I assume it is javascript > Why re-invent the wheel? There's tons of free ones out there. Try http://www.dynamicdrive.com ------------------------------------------------- ~kaeli~ Jesus saves, Allah protects, and Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich. http://www...

Inverting a non-minimum phase system function
Hello all, I'm a practicing engineer reviewing DSP. I ran across the following problem: Given a discrete time, stable, LTI, non-minimum-phase system, w/ system fcn: H(z) = ((1-az^-1)(1-a*z^-1))/((1-bz^-1)(1-b*^-1)). (Where * denotes complex conjugation and ^ denotes exponentiation). i.e. zeros at z = a,a*, poles at z = b,b*. We also are given that |b|>1, |a|>1. i.e. H(z) is non-causal and non-minimum-phase. We wish to find a fcn Hc(z) which is stable and gives a unity magnitude response when cascaded with H(z). i.e. G(z) = H(z)Hc(z) gives unity gain for all input frequ...

[OVMS-Alert] OSU HTTP Server System Info Disclosure Weaknesses
Does anyone here want to comment on this? A quick test with my server couldn't reproduce either problem, but maybe I'm missing something. Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to reply wrote: > > Does anyone here want to comment on this? Perhaps you could point to wherever such a weakness is described/documented ? documented in a recent message to the openvms.org alerts list, in today's edition of the openvms.org newsletter and for those of you who for some reason do not subscribe to these, it is also documented at http://secunia.com/advisories/22016/ In article <451A...

US-TX-Austin: Java Developer, Web Logic, Web servers, EJB, JSP, Linux; 2040 hrs. (45360214411)
US-TX-Austin: Java Developer, Web Logic, Web servers, EJB, JSP, Linux; 2040 hrs. (45360214411) ============================================================================================== Position: Java Developer Reference: ZYD00205 Location: Austin TX Duration: 2040 h Skills: Progressive information technology experience and responsibility. Knowledge of Internet application servers (especially Web Logic), Web servers, EJB, JSP, Linux, Oracle, OO analysis/design, and multiple programming languages. ...

Do-it-yourself hard drive rescue system
"Retrodata's platter extraction system is a 165-pound device that uses laser-guided positioning to help it accurately extract platters from any 3.5 inch hard drive with minimal user intervention. Such devices normally require highly skilled operators, but Retrodata's can be operated by a relative novice." The quote is from this article http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/2871354/68030659/101416/2/ "The System P. EX is slated for release next month, at an approximate cost of $6,950 per unit." I know we have a regular contributor to this NG from Retroda...

Practically Free Live 3 to 5 day Online Codecamps on Grails, Rails, jQuery, Spring, Java SE, Java EE, HTML5, Android
From July 23rd, 2013, JPassion.com is going to offer 3 to 5 days "live", "i= nstructor-led", "hands-on" style, "intensity guaranteed" codecamps (be read= y to code!) to all paying members of JPassion.com for free. Yes, for FREE. = Each of these codecamps would typically cost between $2000 to $4000. Now w= ith a paying membership of JPassion.com, which is $99 per year for now, you= can attend all of these live codecamps without paying a single extra dolla= r. Moving forward, we are planning to offer one or two codecamps per month.= Popular code...

US-TX-San Antonio: Program Manager, Prior PM exp., HUD exp., Systems maint./deve (45298632410)
US-TX-San Antonio: Program Manager, Prior PM exp., HUD exp., Systems maint./deve (45298632410) ============================================================================================== Position: Program Manager Reference: SMC01367 Location: San Antonio TX Duration: Perm Skills: Prior PM experience required´┐Żpreferably with HUD HUD experience required System maintenance and development required DAP experience highly desired Scope: The selected candidtate shall provide corrective and adap...

java.policy question 471540
First let me say that I've used Google and come up with numerous answers (too numerous!). I'm really looking for pointers more than the direct answers as direct answer will most likely leave me with more questions. I'm currently running Sun Java 1.5.0 and the initial work is on Firefox 1.0. Later I'll work on IE. I'm working on an applet which will eventually sit on a device where it will be served from. But for now I need to run the applet from another machine and, of course, it gets a security violation. To get around this I search the web and found that I can change the...

requirement for Java multi thread @sunnyvale, ca
hi Folks, Job Title: Java Multi-Threading Location : Sunnyvale, CA Duration: 12 months Need a hands-on developer with: * Strong server side Java skills * Fluent in developing multi-threaded apps * Experience developing applications with Cassandra with high read/write operations * Comfortable performance tuning app * Developed apps on Linux Strong JAVA experience building Multithreading / Scalable applications SEND RESUMES TO JWHITE@JBSAC.COM ...

help with locating an unnamed application on system
Hi I am running the latest version of mandriva with kde and there is an application running that once in a while pops up for 5 seconds with a message like "new messages on slasdot/google groups". The message is sort of yeallowish tooltip window just above the start bar. I have tried finding out what this program is so I can either close it configure it, but I have no clue. does anybody recognise this app? tom On 2006-08-26, Tom Fields wrote: > Hi > > I am running the latest version of mandriva with kde and there is an > application running that once in a while po...

TYCON POWER SYSTEMS TYCON-TP-SW5-NC | Looking to Sell | Launch 3 Telecom
Launch 3 Telecom is selling the following part: TYCON POWER SYSTEMS TYCON-TP-SW5-NC Request a Quote: http://www.launch3telecom.com/TyconPowerSystems/TYCONTPSW5NC.html www.Launch3telecom.com | 1-877-878-9134 Follow us on: Twitter: https://twitter.com/launch3telecom FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/launch3telecom Blogspot: http://launch3telecom.blogspot.com WordPress: http://blog.launch3telecom.com YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/launch3telecom Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/launch3telecom Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/102713212642017290959/posts Linked...

Java 6 Update 4 Application JDialog labelled (Java Applet Window)
Running Vista, Home Premium; Java 1.6 SERVER VM Update 4 using thefollowing command line:java.exe -server -dsa -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Xbatch -Xss256k -Xms300m -Xmx300m -Xnoclassgc -XX:+RelaxAccessControlCheck -XX:MaxInlineSize=8192 -XX:-DontCompileHugeMethods -XX:+ForceTimeHighResolution -XX:-TieredCompilation -XX:CompileThreshold=20 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=150 -XX:CICompilerCount=1 -XX:ThreadStackSize=256 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cpsZoneTrader.jar;sZoneTraderAuth.jar;sZoneTraderSounds.jar;sZoneTraderChart.jar;sZoneTraderContracts.jarcom/twc/trader...

Oreilly upload and java bean
Hi, I am running tomcat 5 and have a form as jsp page. That form has lots of fields and am using oreilly's Multiparser class to upload a file from that form. For uploading the enctype should be multipart/form-data and it works fine. Now in the form I wanted to add a bean which will validate the form before processing it. I want validation to be done on server side. I am submitting the form to itself and then calling a bean. The bean does not run as it should be. The jsp:setProperty tag does not set the property. After a little testing I found that if I remove enctype it works fine. So t...

$links wiyh java
Hi all, Does somebody know how to get the content of the field "$Links" ? This field is created when you insert links in a document. With java if I use item.getText or get Value the result is empty with item.getType I have type=NOTELINKS Thanks Paola ...