Metareplace one device for another on active mounted filesystem

Hello,

I have asked about this before in a slightly different way, and I'm
not sure that I expressed it well.  I do not want to do this without
at least asking the opinion of other admins.

I have a Sun E250 server attached to an A1000 hardware RAID5 box.  On
this RAID box are 2 soft partitions containing source code
repositories and other data.  The data is rsynced to at least 2
machines.

Anyway, after replacing a faulty battery on the A1000 controller,
something strange happened.  I do not kno when exactly or why this
happened, but I didn't do it.

When the machine boots the fsck fails on the device that contains the
soft partitions b/c it can't find it.  The system boot stops and waits
for confirmation to proceed.  After that it boots fine and everything
is mounted and fine.  When researching this disturbing behavior I
found out the following puzzling scenario.

The Solaris Volume Manager sees the device containing the soft
partitions (d30 & d31) as:

c2t10d0s6

When you do a metastat on them that is the device.  That was the
actual device.  At some time and for an as yet unknown reason, the
format utility sees this device as

c3t10d0s6

I believe that this discrepancy is why the fsck fails.  It sees the
vfstab logical devices as pointing to c2, which is what it once was,
yet the real true device is now (for unknown reason) c3.  Thankfully
it can still boot and mount the correct devices, (have no idea how it
figures it out) but this boot stopping is annoying b/c if someone
isn't here it can't complete a boot and that means that I can't do it
remotely b/c sadly I have no remote console server hooked up to it.
(I know I know I should - working on it)

So, is it SAFE to do a mere

metareplace -e d30 c3t10d0s6

and

metareplace -e d31 c3t10d0s6

while they are mounted?  Wouldn't that correct the SVM to point to the
correcet device and make the fsck succeed b/c now it would be pointing
to the correct device designation?  Does my assessment sound correct?

Thanks.

comp.sys.sun.admin 3736 articles. 4 followers. bozothedeathmachine16 (49) is leader. Post Follow

worlok wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have asked about this before in a slightly different way, and I'm
> not sure that I expressed it well.  I do not want to do this without
> at least asking the opinion of other admins.
>
> I have a Sun E250 server attached to an A1000 hardware RAID5 box.  On
> this RAID box are 2 soft partitions containing source code
> repositories and other data.  The data is rsynced to at least 2
> machines.
>
> Anyway, after replacing a faulty battery on the A1000 controller,
> something strange happened.  I do not kno when exactly or why this
> happened, but I didn't do it.
>
> When the machine boots the fsck fails on the device that contains the
> soft partitions b/c it can't find it.  The system boot stops and waits
> for confirmation to proceed.  After that it boots fine and everything
> is mounted and fine.  When researching this disturbing behavior I
> found out the following puzzling scenario.
>
> The Solaris Volume Manager sees the device containing the soft
> partitions (d30 & d31) as:
>
> c2t10d0s6
>
> When you do a metastat on them that is the device.  That was the
> actual device.  At some time and for an as yet unknown reason, the
> format utility sees this device as
>
> c3t10d0s6
>
> I believe that this discrepancy is why the fsck fails.  It sees the
> vfstab logical devices as pointing to c2, which is what it once was,
> yet the real true device is now (for unknown reason) c3.  Thankfully
> it can still boot and mount the correct devices, (have no idea how it
> figures it out) but this boot stopping is annoying b/c if someone
> isn't here it can't complete a boot and that means that I can't do it
> remotely b/c sadly I have no remote console server hooked up to it.
> (I know I know I should - working on it)
>
> So, is it SAFE to do a mere
>
> metareplace -e d30 c3t10d0s6
>
> and
>
> metareplace -e d31 c3t10d0s6
>
> while they are mounted?  Wouldn't that correct the SVM to point to the
> correcet device and make the fsck succeed b/c now it would be pointing
> to the correct device designation?  Does my assessment sound correct?
>
> Thanks.

Don't even think of doing anything until you have at least two copies of
a current backup!!!!!!  Not just the disks in question but the whole
system!  And make sure those two copies are both readable.

Something is badly fscked up and you don't know what.  Anything you try
to to do may be the wrong thing to do and have disastrous results.  Give
  yourself every possible chance to recover.

0
Richard
5/11/2007 9:07:24 PM
On May 11, 5:07 pm, "Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilber...@comcast.net>
wrote:

> Don't even think of doing anything until you have at least two copies of
> a current backup!!!!!!  Not just the disks in question but the whole
> system!  And make sure those two copies are both readable.
>
> Something is badly fscked up and you don't know what.  Anything you try
> to to do may be the wrong thing to do and have disastrous results.  Give
>   yourself every possible chance to recover.

I understand, but the soft partitions that are affected and that
"device' which is the RAID box in no way affect the system itself.
The OS and boot areas are all on internal disks.  The RAID device soft
partitions contain data only and the data is mirrored to 2 other
machines via rsync.

0
worlok
5/11/2007 9:27:28 PM
worlok wrote:
> On May 11, 5:07 pm, "Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilber...@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Don't even think of doing anything until you have at least two copies of
>>a current backup!!!!!!  Not just the disks in question but the whole
>>system!  And make sure those two copies are both readable.
>>
>>Something is badly fscked up and you don't know what.  Anything you try
>>to to do may be the wrong thing to do and have disastrous results.  Give
>>  yourself every possible chance to recover.
>

> I understand, but the soft partitions that are affected and that
> "device' which is the RAID box in no way affect the system itself.
> The OS and boot areas are all on internal disks.  The RAID device soft
> partitions contain data only and the data is mirrored to 2 other
> machines via rsync.

But the system affects those soft partitions and the RAID device.  It's
just barely conceivable that the problem might be hardware but I think
it's more likely to be a software and/or configuration problem.  Thus,
fixing it will probably require installing patches, new software, or
modifying configuration files.  The effects of a failed attempt to fix
the problem are unpredictable, espcially since you are essentially
shooting in the dark and hoping to hit something.

If you have a good backup, you can restore the status quo ante
regardless of what happens.

0
Richard
5/11/2007 9:38:29 PM
> The Solaris Volume Manager sees the device containing the soft
> partitions (d30 & d31) as:
>
> c2t10d0s6
>
> When you do a metastat on them that is the device.  That was the
> actual device.  At some time and for an as yet unknown reason, the
> format utility sees this device as
>
> c3t10d0s6

Probably when the battery was out of the disk controller, it was
invisible to the system, and then somehow during a reconfiguration
boot the system re-arranged the newly-refound disk controller that
used to be c2 as c3.
Basically, your controller 2 is now seen by the system as controller
3.
I think there might be an easy way to fix it in /etc/path_to_inst - if
you swap the instance numbers for the physical device names for the
2nd and 3rd disk controllers. But you'd have to be comfortable with
what you're doing and know what to do if you system can't boot if you
screw up your path_to_inst (i.e. boot -s and then fix it up).

0
noident
5/14/2007 6:35:56 AM
On May 14, 2:35 am, noid...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Probably when the battery was out of the disk controller, it was
> invisible to the system, and then somehow during a reconfiguration
> boot the system re-arranged the newly-refound disk controller that
> used to be c2 as c3.
> Basically, your controller 2 is now seen by the system as controller
> 3.
> I think there might be an easy way to fix it in /etc/path_to_inst - if
> you swap the instance numbers for the physical device names for the
> 2nd and 3rd disk controllers. But you'd have to be comfortable with
> what you're doing and know what to do if you system can't boot if you
> screw up your path_to_inst (i.e. boot -s and then fix it up).

Yes, I think that is what happened.

I checked that config file, but so far can't match up any of the
devices to the device info that I have on the array.  I have to go
through it further, but I will post my info here. I still wonder if a
simple metareplace to the SVM wouldn't fix it since it also sees it as
c2, not c3 - but maybe this other file is also a factor for the fsck
problem which messes up the OS boot.?

====================

Metastat info:

bash-2.05# metastat d30
d30: Soft Partition
    Device: c2t10d0s6
    State: Okay
    Size: 75497472 blocks (36 GB)
        Device      Start Block  Dbase Reloc
        c2t10d0s6      10816     No    Yes

        Extent              Start Block              Block count
             0                    10817                 16777216
             1                281029187                 58720256

Device Relocation Information:
Device    Reloc Device ID
c2t10d0   Yes   id1,iver@w600a0b80000a5ed90000000f3d94158d
bash-2.05# metastat d31
d31: Soft Partition
    Device: c2t10d0s6
    State: Okay
    Size: 327155712 blocks (156 GB)
        Device      Start Block  Dbase Reloc
        c2t10d0s6      10816     No    Yes

        Extent              Start Block              Block count
             0                 16788034                264241152
             1                339749444                 62914560

Device Relocation Information:
Device    Reloc Device ID
c2t10d0   Yes   id1,iver@w600a0b80000a5ed90000000f3d94158d

FORMAT output:

bash-2.05# format
Searching for disks...done

AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
       0. c0t0d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107>
          /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@0,0
       1. c0t8d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107>
          /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@8,0
       2. c0t9d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107>
          /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@9,0
       3. c0t10d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107>
          /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@a,0
       4. c0t11d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107>
          /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@b,0
       5. c0t12d0 <SUN36G cyl 24620 alt 2 hd 27 sec 107>
          /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@c,0
       6. c3t10d0 <Symbios-StorEDGEA1000-0301 cyl 65533 alt 2 hd 64
sec 169>
          /pseudo/rdnexus@3/rdriver@a,0
Specify disk (enter its number):

Contents of /etc/path_to_inst

#
#	Caution! This file contains critical kernel state
#
"/pci@1f,4000" 0 "pcipsy"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1" 1 "glm"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@7,0" 23 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@6,0" 22 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@5,0" 21 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@4,0" 20 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@3,0" 19 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@2,0" 18 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@1,0" 17 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@0,0" 16 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@9,0" 25 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@8,0" 24 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@f,0" 31 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@e,0" 30 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@d,0" 29 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@c,0" 28 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/scg@0,0" 1 "scg"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@b,0" 27 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/ses@a,0" 26 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/st@5,0" 12 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@e,0" 28 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@a,4" 98 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/st@4,0" 11 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@d,0" 27 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@a,5" 99 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@a,6" 100 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/st@6,0" 13 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@f,0" 29 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@a,7" 101 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/st@1,0" 8 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@a,0" 24 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/st@0,0" 7 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@a,1" 95 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/st@3,0" 10 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@c,0" 26 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@a,2" 96 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/st@2,0" 9 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@b,0" 25 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@a,3" 97 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@5,0" 20 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@4,1" 81 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@4,0" 19 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@5,1" 88 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@4,3" 83 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@5,2" 89 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@6,0" 21 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@4,2" 82 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@5,3" 90 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@1,0" 16 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@4,5" 85 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@5,4" 91 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@0,0" 15 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@4,4" 84 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@5,5" 92 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@3,0" 18 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@4,7" 87 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@5,6" 93 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@2,0" 17 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@4,6" 86 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@5,7" 94 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@9,0" 23 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1/sd@8,0" 22 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1" 3 "glm"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@0,0" 48 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@1,0" 49 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@2,0" 50 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@3,0" 51 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@4,0" 52 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@5,0" 53 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@6,0" 54 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@7,0" 55 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@8,0" 56 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@9,0" 57 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@a,0" 58 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@b,0" 59 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/scg@0,0" 3 "scg"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@c,0" 60 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@d,0" 61 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@e,0" 62 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/ses@f,0" 63 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@b,0" 55 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/st@2,0" 23 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@a,3" 139 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@c,0" 56 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/st@3,0" 24 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@a,2" 138 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/st@0,0" 21 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@a,1" 137 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@a,0" 54 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/st@1,0" 22 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@f,0" 59 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/st@6,0" 27 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@a,7" 143 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@a,6" 142 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@d,0" 57 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/st@4,0" 25 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@a,5" 141 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@e,0" 58 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/st@5,0" 26 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@a,4" 140 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@2,0" 47 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@4,6" 128 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@5,7" 136 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@3,0" 48 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@4,7" 129 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@5,6" 135 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@0,0" 45 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@4,4" 126 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@5,5" 134 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@1,0" 46 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@4,5" 127 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@5,4" 133 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@6,0" 51 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@4,2" 124 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@5,3" 132 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@4,3" 125 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@5,2" 131 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@4,0" 49 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@5,1" 130 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@5,0" 50 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@4,1" 123 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@8,0" 52 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sd@9,0" 53 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3" 0 "glm"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/scg@0,0" 0 "scg"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@b,0" 11 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@c,0" 12 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@a,0" 10 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@f,0" 15 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@d,0" 13 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@e,0" 14 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@8,0" 8 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@9,0" 9 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@2,0" 2 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@3,0" 3 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@0,0" 0 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@1,0" 1 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@6,0" 6 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@7,0" 7 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@4,0" 4 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/ses@5,0" 5 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@8,0" 7 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@9,0" 8 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@0,0" 0 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@4,4" 63 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@5,5" 71 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@1,0" 1 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@4,5" 64 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@5,4" 70 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@2,0" 2 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@4,6" 65 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@5,7" 73 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@3,0" 3 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@4,7" 66 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@5,6" 72 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@4,0" 4 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@5,1" 67 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@5,0" 5 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@4,1" 60 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@6,0" 6 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@4,2" 61 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@5,3" 69 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@4,3" 62 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@5,2" 68 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/st@0,0" 0 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@a,1" 74 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/st@1,0" 1 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@a,0" 9 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/st@2,0" 2 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@b,0" 10 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@a,3" 76 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/st@3,0" 3 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@c,0" 11 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@a,2" 75 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/st@4,0" 4 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@d,0" 12 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@a,5" 78 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/st@5,0" 5 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@e,0" 13 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@a,4" 77 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/st@6,0" 6 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@f,0" 14 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@a,7" 80 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/sd@a,6" 79 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4" 2 "glm"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@e,0" 46 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@d,0" 45 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@f,0" 47 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@a,0" 42 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@c,0" 44 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@b,0" 43 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/scg@0,0" 2 "scg"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@9,0" 41 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@8,0" 40 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@5,0" 37 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@4,0" 36 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@7,0" 39 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@6,0" 38 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@1,0" 33 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@0,0" 32 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@3,0" 35 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/ses@2,0" 34 "ses"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@9,0" 38 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@8,0" 37 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@4,3" 104 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@5,2" 110 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@6,0" 36 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@4,2" 103 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@5,3" 111 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@5,0" 35 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@4,1" 102 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@4,0" 34 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@5,1" 109 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@3,0" 33 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@4,7" 108 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@5,6" 114 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@2,0" 32 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@4,6" 107 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@5,7" 115 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@1,0" 31 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@4,5" 106 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@5,4" 112 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@0,0" 30 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@4,4" 105 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@5,5" 113 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@a,6" 121 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@f,0" 44 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/st@6,0" 20 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@a,7" 122 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@e,0" 43 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/st@5,0" 19 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@a,4" 119 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@d,0" 42 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/st@4,0" 18 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@a,5" 120 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@c,0" 41 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/st@3,0" 17 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@a,2" 117 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@b,0" 40 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/st@2,0" 16 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@a,3" 118 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@a,0" 39 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/st@1,0" 15 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/st@0,0" 14 "st"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4/sd@a,1" 116 "sd"
"/pci@1f,4000/pci@5" 0 "pci_pci"
"/pci@1f,4000/pci@5/network@0" 0 "ce"
"/pci@1f,4000/ebus@1" 0 "ebus"
"/pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/power@14,724000" 0 "power"
"/pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/SUNW,envctrltwo@14,600000" 0 "envctrltwo"
"/pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/se@14,400000" 0 "se"
"/pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/su@14,3083f8" 0 "su"
"/pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/se@14,200000" 1 "se"
"/pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/su@14,3062f8" 1 "su"
"/pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/ecpp@14,3043bc" 0 "ecpp"
"/pci@1f,4000/network@1,1" 0 "hme"
"/pci@1f,4000/TSI,gfxp@2" 0 "gfxp"
"/options" 0 "options"
"/pci@1f,2000" 1 "pcipsy"
"/scsi_vhci" 0 "scsi_vhci"
"/pseudo" 0 "pseudo"

==================================

There has to be an easy way to fix this.

Thanks,

Tom

0
worlok
5/14/2007 3:22:01 PM
I'm guessing that these are your scsi controllers:
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1" 1 "glm"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1" 3 "glm"
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3" 0 "glm"

I can't say anything beyond that. At any rate - tweaking the
path_to_inst, or metareplace - can be easily tested on a non-
production system.

0
noident
5/15/2007 3:09:52 AM

On Mon, 14 May 2007, worlok wrote:

> On May 14, 2:35 am, noid...@my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > Probably when the battery was out of the disk controller, it was
> > invisible to the system, and then somehow during a reconfiguration
> > boot the system re-arranged the newly-refound disk controller that
> > used to be c2 as c3.
> > Basically, your controller 2 is now seen by the system as controller
> > 3.
> > I think there might be an easy way to fix it in /etc/path_to_inst - if
> > you swap the instance numbers for the physical device names for the
> > 2nd and 3rd disk controllers. But you'd have to be comfortable with
> > what you're doing and know what to do if you system can't boot if you
> > screw up your path_to_inst (i.e. boot -s and then fix it up).
>
> Yes, I think that is what happened.

No, what seems to have happened is that it looks like the diff scsi cable
has been moved during the "downtime"

<snip>

> "/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1" 1 "glm"
> "/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1" 3 "glm"
> "/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3" 0 "glm"
> "/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4" 2 "glm"

As you can see, both c2 and c3 are on the same PCI card, just different
ports on it, so to me that seems like you accidentally moved the cable
from one of them to the other while the systems was down for the battery
exchange.

Solaris does not change the internal order of one PCI card upon
reconfiguration, it might switch places of cards, but not the individual
ports on them.

And the cards probing order is determined by the probe-order OBP variable
if available, but since c0 and c1 hasnt switched on you, it much more
likely that the cable position has been switched.

As usual, I might be wrong... but this seems logical to me...

/Johan A

0
Mr
5/15/2007 8:23:56 AM
On May 15, 4:23 am, "Mr. Johan Andersson" <j...@solace.miun.se> wrote:
> ----snip-----
>
> As you can see, both c2 and c3 are on the same PCI card, just different
> ports on it, so to me that seems like you accidentally moved the cable
> from one of them to the other while the systems was down for the battery
> exchange.
>
> ----snip-----
>
> And the cards probing order is determined by the probe-order OBP variable
> if available, but since c0 and c1 hasnt switched on you, it much more
> likely that the cable position has been switched.
>
> As usual, I might be wrong... but this seems logical to me...
>
> /Johan A

Oh if only it were that simple.  I checked the back of the RAID box
and the cables were not moved.  There are only two ports, one with the
terminator and the other with the scsi cable connector.  They haven't
been changed.  I didn't need to move them for the battery change as
they aren't in the way.  I didn't change/move the ones on the server
side either.

---Tom

0
worlok
5/21/2007 9:27:27 PM

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Mr. Johan Andersson wrote:

> No, what seems to have happened is that it looks like the diff scsi cable
> has been moved during the "downtime"
>
> <snip>
>
> > "/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1" 1 "glm"
> > "/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1" 3 "glm"
> > "/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3" 0 "glm"
> > "/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4" 2 "glm"
>
> As you can see, both c2 and c3 are on the same PCI card, just different
> ports on it, so to me that seems like you accidentally moved the cable
> from one of them to the other while the systems was down for the battery
> exchange.
>
> Solaris does not change the internal order of one PCI card upon
> reconfiguration, it might switch places of cards, but not the individual
> ports on them.
>
> And the cards probing order is determined by the probe-order OBP variable
> if available, but since c0 and c1 hasnt switched on you, it much more
> likely that the cable position has been switched.
>
> As usual, I might be wrong... but this seems logical to me...
>
> /Johan A

As I never aw any response to this i goodled it and saw your response Tom,
funny enough never reached my newsnode :-/

Anyway, the cable-order on the A1000 side is of no consequence,its the
host side that matters... one channel is the c2 and one is c3

"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4" 2 "glm"    <- c2
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1" 3 "glm"  <- c3

There is no way, known to me, that would change the order of these two
devices, and if there were, then the order of the other two devices

"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3" 0 "glm"    <- c0
"/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1" 1 "glm"  <- c1

should also have changed...

it is reasonable to see that the device would be connected that way, and
if you had your disk on c2 and you now find them on c3 then the only
logical explanation is that the hostside cable has moved, from the 4(.0)
channel to the 4.1 channel.

If it hasnt as you say, i have no idea how it came to do what it did :-/
possibly the rdriver has done something funny, but I cant imagine what.
You could possibly check the rm6 logs to see if something happened there.

What you could try, is to take the system down, boot it on cdrom in single
user and check if the device ends up in the same place... or if it is
moved, i.e th 4 and 4.1 ones, you could then try moving the cable to the
other channel on the host side and try to see if it moves back.

Not something you do on a running system though, but rather on a
maintainance weekend with backups done beforehand.

Another thing to check is if you have a system backup from before the
batterychange (or diskmove) and check the same files for clues to the
attachmement before the problem.

Anyway... I dont think a metareplace will work for you, a delete and
reinit of the device will remove the error, but once again, I havent
used soft partitions much so I cant say that they would reinit as none
soft would, where you can recreate it with the same info and get it back.
sadly I have no hardware to test it on nowadays :-/

/Johan A

0
Mr
5/24/2007 9:01:23 AM

---snip-----

> /Johan A

Johan,

This is intriguing.  There is, of course, another channel on that
adapter which is unused.  If you look at the rear of the host machine,
the second (to the right) one is hosting the cable that leads to the
A1000 while the first one is unused.

These cable positions were not changed during the battery changing on
the A1000.

One thing has me wondering.  There was a major server room move a few
years back, which may have been when the original battery was ALREADY
dead.

Could it have been that attaching the wrong cable after the move
didn't cause any upset since the battery was dead and the machine
didn't "see" the controller due to the bad battery?  Then, when I
changed out the original dead battery and the controller became
"active" again, it read 3 when it should have been 2 if during that
long ago move the cable was changed by someone else?  I would have
never noticed it until the battery was changed by me and hence this
odd behavior.  Follow what I am saying?

I want to test this but I have to wait until the machine can be
downed.  If this fixes it then that would be something and would be
added to my crazy scenario notes but I don't want to count my chickens
just yet.

Thanks for the clue and i will post a followup on the result.

--Tom

0
worlok
7/18/2007 5:16:13 PM

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, worlok wrote:

> On May 24, 5:01 am, "Mr. Johan Andersson" <jo...@solace.miun.se>
> wrote:
> >
> > As I never aw any response to this i goodled it and saw your response Tom,
> > funny enough never reached my newsnode :-/
> >
> > Anyway, the cable-order on the A1000 side is of no consequence,its the
> > host side that matters... one channel is the c2 and one is c3
> >
> > "/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4" 2 "glm"    <- c2
> > "/pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1" 3 "glm"  <- c3
> >
> > There is no way, known to me, that would change the order of these two
> > devices, and if there were, then the order of the other two devices
> >
> > "/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3" 0 "glm"    <- c0
> > "/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1" 1 "glm"  <- c1
> >
> > should also have changed...
>
> ---snip-----
>

> > /Johan A
>
> Johan,
>
> This is intriguing.  There is, of course, another channel on that
> adapter which is unused.  If you look at the rear of the host machine,
> the second (to the right) one is hosting the cable that leads to the
> A1000 while the first one is unused.
>
> These cable positions were not changed during the battery changing on
> the A1000.

Ok...

> One thing has me wondering.  There was a major server room move a few
> years back, which may have been when the original battery was ALREADY
> dead.

Depends on what was wrong with the battery, it could have been broken, in
which case it could have happened at anytime, or it could have expired,
which I belive was two years after they were installed, there is a time
on the battery which you can check...

This is how it looks on my A2000, same softwares

# /usr/lib/osa/bin/lad
c5t5d0 1T71322076 LUNS: 0 2 4 6
c9t4d1 1T74447964 LUNS: 1 3 5
# /usr/lib/osa/bin/raidutil -c c5t5d0 -B
LUNs found on c5t5d0.
  LUN 0    RAID 5    34389 MB
  LUN 2    RAID 5    34389 MB
  LUN 4    RAID 5    34389 MB
  LUN 6    RAID 5    34389 MB
Battery age is between 270 days and 360 days.

> Could it have been that attaching the wrong cable after the move
> didn't cause any upset since the battery was dead and the machine
> didn't "see" the controller due to the bad battery?  Then, when I
> changed out the original dead battery and the controller became
> "active" again, it read 3 when it should have been 2 if during that
> long ago move the cable was changed by someone else?  I would have
> never noticed it until the battery was changed by me and hence this
> odd behavior.  Follow what I am saying?

Yes, I follow, I think, but I believe the system would have seen the
controller even without battery, it just means the cache will be off,
and hence lowering the performance some.

But if the A1000 was off, or not used, and the system never booted with
reconfigure, then it might have been "invisible" to the OS, other then
maybe showing a line or two during boots where the device might show up.

Nothing to try with so cant help you there...

> I want to test this but I have to wait until the machine can be
> downed.  If this fixes it then that would be something and would be
> added to my crazy scenario notes but I don't want to count my chickens
> just yet.

No, but if its only the path that is wrong, then moving the cable to the
'"correct" onefor whatever reason, should make it work again.

> Thanks for the clue and i will post a followup on the result.
>
> --Tom

Just hope it turns up, this post did anyways :-)

/Johan A
0
Mr

running from a mounted partition on embedded linux
Hello, I am a little newbie to embedded systems. I got from a company we work with a MIPS based board which runs Linux OS on it. I am developing an app for that board on a Fedora Desktop ; There is no way to put the app I develop by ftp on that board. so for the debugging cycle I use nfs mount, and tha app resides on a folder which is nfs mounted. My question is : is the performance significantly lower when running thus ? regards, John ...

Re: Many to one observations using arrays in sas
Hi, I have a small prob in arrays. Raw data: x y 1 3 1 4 2 5 2 6 Resultant: x a b 1 3 4 2 5 6 My goal is to split y into two variables a and b. Any idea how to get it? thanks, Silver. data results ; set mydata ; by x ; array n{2} a b ; retain n 0 ; if first.x then do ; a = . ; b = . ; end ; if first.x then a = y ; else if last.x then do ; b = y ; output ; end ; keep x a b ; run ; This assumes you only have two records for each value of x. HTH ...

One way traffic over a VPN
I have a Cisco 1721 (192.168.111.1/24) connecting via an IPSEC tunnel to IPCop Version1.4.2 (192.168.1.0/24) From the 192.168.111.1 end I can ping any machine on the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet however machines on the 192.168.1.0 end can not ping anything on the 192.168.111.0/24 subnet Can anyone suggest were I shouls start looking for the problem as I though that if the routes were not set correctly then neither would work Thanks Confused of Aylesbury In article <mv-dncjtGbnYy4LfRVnytA@pipex.net>, Gordon Philip <nospam@fortuneplus.co.uk> wrote: :I have a Cisco 1721 (192.168.1...

US-PA: Norristown-Peoplesoft Enterprise One Developers (2)
************************************************************** JobCircle.com - Careers, Content and Community for Technology professionals in the Northeastern United States! Jobcircle.com provides resume submission, classified searches, eLearning, hundreds of career development articles, tech news, and more to tens of thousands of Technology professionals in your area - visit us today at http://www.jobcircle.com! !!! Voted a TOP 50 Career Web Site in 2002 by CareerXRoads !!! ************************************************************** Job Title: Peoplesoft Enterprise One Developers ...

How to mount Maxtor Onetouch via firewire?
I've been posting here about my problems getting it to work with USB. It worked that way before and now it doesn't. I suspect the USB circuit is bad. Previously when the USB was working I still couldn't make a connection with firewire, but I didn't try too hard. I have Ubuntu and PCLinuxOS installed and have used a firewire camcorder with both to download video so I know that the firewire port is working with linux. I just don't know what the steps are to make it connect to an external HD. Has anyone here done it? I'd appreciate any advice. Even advice to...

One up side to marijuana. OT
http://www.rxmarihuana.com/seizure.htm snippet... "The most dramatic manifestation of my TLE is a form of partial complex seizure called uncontrolled rage. It appears to be the expression of a greatly amplified thought of annoyance. Other emotions, notably fear and disappointment, are also scaled up, often past the seizure threshold, causing uncontrolled weeping............ ...............My seizures are brought on by surprise, anxiety, overstimulating environments (e.g., parties or lectures), a feeling of having been insulted,.......... ..............Occasionally I cannot speak at all;...

One big state machine or lots of little ones
As I have worked on several hobbyist fpga projects I have often run into the situation of whether I should use one large state machine or break things up into several smaller state machines. On the one hand if I go with one large SM then common things like data output lines or status bits could be shared. If I go with several smaller SM's in different processes then data output would need to be or'ed together since registers can not be shared. Beyond maybe maintainability issues, is there any reason to choose one over the other. I have tended towards the one big state ...

How to jump more than one frame between frames in an emacs
Hi all, What command should I use to jump more than one, or even backward between frames within an emacs. Thank you all. Minseok "minseokoh@hanafos.com" <minseokoh@hanafos.com> writes: > Hi all, > > What command should I use to jump more than one, or even backward > between frames within an emacs. First, just to clarify: do you mean frames (called "windows" in the OS context) or windows (sometimes called "panes")? Try prefixing C-x 5 o with M-# where # is the number of frames you want to skip. That's how I jump across multiple windows...

[News] Linux for More Centralised Device Development

Deinterlace from one texture to another using GLSL shader
Hi [Context: application with PAL video output] I rendered a full frame of graphics (720 x 576), but the video output card expects fields (720 x 288). So i need to deinterlace it first from the full frame texture to the half size texture, alternating the odd and the even rows. The full frameis loaded in texture0; i have another texture ready at half the size. GLEW_OML_interlace would have been a perfect solution to deinterlace using glReadPixels, but that is no longer implemented by modern cards :-( So i guess using GLSL shader is a good option. The shader will be executed when i draw the...

one more time...
Whatever, Wendy Beth -- Gwendolyn Elizabeth Protonstacker Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things "This signature is false," I lied. ...

OS X Tiger Activation code?
I had heard that Tiger was going to require an activation code. Is this true? Or is Tiger just like any other previous OS version...you just install it with no need to enter an activation code or serial number? -- "Michael Erb" <nospam@mail.invalid> skrev i meddelandet news:nospam-1240BC.15401004052005@syrcnyrdrs-01-ge0.nyroc.rr.com... >I had heard that Tiger was going to require an activation code. >Is this true? No. You will need an activation code for QuickTime 7 though. But only for some of the features, like "full ...

Find all SQLs run from one session
Is it possible by querying system tables to find all sql-statements that have been run from one session? What tables/views should I look into to find this? Thanks for your help, Randi W Randi W wrote: > Is it possible by querying system tables to find all sql-statements that > have been run from one session? No. If a SQL handle has been closed by the client, then Oracle no longer has a reference to who owns a SQL statement in the shared pool. You can only determine (via V$ views) what current SQL handles (open cursors) are owned by a session. > What tables/views should I look ...

Help getting rid of All-in-one device and replace with CISCO product(s)
I have what is called a Net Integrator, which an all in one device (router/firewall/mail server/vpn/domain controller...) We are currently using only the router/firewall/mail server portion of this device. I want to get rid of it because it keeps on restarting causing internet loss and loss of sending/receiving mail. I have an exchange server, but it is only doing internal e-mail. All of the workstations are static, because of our business application. I have available to me a Cisco router 1760 with 10BT Ethernet WAN card and a Cisco 501 PIX Would these devices work? Do I need both or will ...

Re: Just one record fails

Operation can be dispatching in only one type
Hello. I'm trying to write an archive/directory abstraction in a similar vein to PhysicsFS but am at a bit of a loss as to how to design the archiver interface: with Path; package Archiver is type Archiver_t is abstract tagged limited private; type Archiver_Class_Access_t is access Archiver_t'Class; procedure Init (Archiver : out Archiver_t) is abstract; function Can_Mount (Archiver : in Archiver_t; Path : in Path.Real_t) return Boolean is abstract; type File_t is abstract tagged limited private; type Fi...

Visual Basic and USB MIDI-Devices
I apologize, because I posted the following in the wrong ng (comp.music.misc)... Hi, I am writing a MIDI-Tool to store and edit patches of a MIDI-Preamp using Visual Basic. By now I successeded with native Visual Basic Code (using the VB-COde Mike Le Voi generated). Those of my Betatesters, using an internal SOundcard have success in sending and receiving SysEx-Data, but one of my tester is using an USB-MIDI-device where nothing happens. I'd be glad for any help. Greetings, Markus Markus Mattzick wrote: > I am writing a MIDI-Tool to store and edit patches of a MIDI-Preamp usi...

Any one want an Omega? ... FREE!
I emigrate to the Philippines on Saturday, December 1. If anyone would like a Microdigital Omega (with network card), and can collect in the Reading area by Friday lunchtime, it is theirs .... otherwise it goes to the rubbish tip. Email as in .sig ... beware of spamtrap in headers. -- Peter Bell - peter@bellfamily.org.uk In message <e5003e484f.peter@iyonix.peter.invalid.org.uk> Peter Bell <peter@invalid.org.uk> wrote: > I emigrate to the Philippines on Saturday, December 1. If anyone would > like a Microdigital Omega (with network card), and can collect in th...

Re: XM Radio; One Roady in Car, One in Home; Same Subscription
Tom Williams wrote: > I have XM service, using it in car to avoid having to carry roady back > and forth to home, thinking of getting used second roady unit for use > in home. > Is it possible to have second unit on in home, on same one > subscription? At no additional cost? If not, how much to have second > subscription for home use? A second XM radio subscription is $6.99 per month. Another possibility, if you have broadband, is XM Radio Online which was just launched. That service is $3.99 a month for current XM radio subscribers, and you don't have ...

Can't Find File, on one client only
Hello, How come only one client is getting an error message of "Can't Find File" ? Details: FM Server 5.5 serves 8 to 10 clients. 2 clients are Mac, the rest PC's, Win98 and Win2000. 5 clients have FM 5.5, 3 have 6.0 There are two database solutions in the server folder, defined by filenames. Each solution has 18 files, so there are 36 files being served. Installed two new machines recently. One was a piece of cake, no problems, at the client office. The other, at the client home, just won't cooperate: Open Filemaker 6.0, select Hosts, select the main file, opens that one...

Different WHERE clauses within one report
Hi there all I'm keen to output a single report/tabulation that presents data for different periods in nested columns. For example, for each "REGION" I would have 4 columns, the first two being quantity and sales for the **latest week**, the second two being quantity and sales for the **previous week**. How can I do this (I think I'd need two different WHERE clauses somewhere?)? If this can't be done, I was thinking about whether it would be possible to output a tabulation FROM a dataset that describes the cells & their values (e.g. a dataset in the same form as t...

[News] Another New Device Runs GNU/Linux
8-Port Device Server incorporates Linux for Device Networking ,----[ Quote ] | The PS810 is an 8-port serial device server connects RS-232/422/485 serial | devices to the industry standard 10/100Base-T Ethernet network and transfers | serial data at up to 230Kbit/s. `---- http://www.linux.com/feed/127814 Related: Four billion embedded systems shipped in '06 http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3686249103.html Linux loyalty runs high among embedded software developers, says VDC ,----[ Quote ] | Looking ahead, 87% percent of Linux users plan to use Linux in their next | project. ...

US-TX-Austin: Win Device Driver Developer, 8+yrs exp. , 5+yrs. Win Device Driver (45339914403)
US-TX-Austin: Win Device Driver Developer, 8+yrs exp. , 5+yrs. Win Device Driver (45339914403) ============================================================================================== Position: Win Device Driver Developer Reference: SMC01793 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: BSCE or BSEE and 8+ years 5+ yrs. Windows driver dev. experience. Audio and C++ driver dev. experience. Good understanding/experience with Windows WDM Can work well independently Can "hit the ground...

Another bug in WEdit?
Hi everybody, I frequently observe a behavior of wedit which seems unfortunately not to be easily reproducable, but is definitely there, and it can be extremely annoying. In fact, when you type in new code and you type the name of a structure variable followed by a '.' (to address a structure member), wedit sometimes hangs, the contents of the editor buffer typed after the last save are lost and you have to restart lcc again. It is only possible to get over the harmful '.' by cutting and pasting code from another part of the file where the '.' and the name of the struc...

wxFileSystem over socket error on one computer only
I have a program that loads some data over http using wxFileSystem/wxFSFile etc. This has worked for a while and I haven't re-compiled it recently. It also works on a number of machines. However, on my main machine I get the error(s): 10:32:00: Failed to create a temporary file name (error 80: the file exists.) 10:32:00: can't open file '' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.) 10:32:00: can't open file '' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.) I've tried re-booting, deleting everything in c:\tmp. Can anyone sugg...