move ZFS mountpoint from USB 1.1 to USB 2.0 port

I created a mountpoint called /tdusb1 on a USB 1.1 port conncted to a
1TB LaCie hard drive. I discoverd that our system has a USB 2.0 port
and want to move the logical mountpoint to a new physical USB port.
How do I do it?

Actually, I will need to do the same sort of thing from one Solaris 10
system to another in the future. I don't care about plug-and-play and
hot swappable as long as I can read the same drive from different Sun
systems.

I assume that there are ZFS related commands for doing this but don't
want to experiment too much as the USB hard drive already has valuable
stuff on it that I am in the process of backing up, though very
slowly...

Any help greatly appreicated.

Eric
0
pne
2/23/2009 5:45:28 PM
comp.sys.sun.admin 3740 articles. 0 followers. bozothedeathmachine16 (49) is leader. Post Follow

Actually mountpoint is not binded with any port.
So, as soon as you plug your drive to USB 2.0 port then your
mountpoint will follow it. This is cool thing of ZFS.
Just do the following:
zpool export poolname
reconnect to faster port
zpool import poolname.
R.

On 23 =C6=C5=D7, 20:45, pne.cho...@comcast.net wrote:
> I created a mountpoint called /tdusb1 on a USB 1.1 port conncted to a
> 1TB LaCie hard drive. I discoverd that our system has a USB 2.0 port
> and want to move the logical mountpoint to a new physical USB port.
> How do I do it?
>
> Actually, I will need to do the same sort of thing from one Solaris 10
> system to another in the future. I don't care about plug-and-play and
> hot swappable as long as I can read the same drive from different Sun
> systems.
>
> I assume that there are ZFS related commands for doing this but don't
> want to experiment too much as the USB hard drive already has valuable
> stuff on it that I am in the process of backing up, though very
> slowly...
>
> Any help greatly appreicated.
>
> Eric

0
ivanov
2/23/2009 7:00:54 PM
On Feb 23, 2:00=A0pm, "ivanov.ro...@gmail.com" <ivanov.ro...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Actually mountpoint is not binded with any port.
> So, as soon as you plug your drive to USB 2.0 port then your
> mountpoint will follow it. This is cool thing of ZFS.
> Just do the following:
> zpool export poolname
> reconnect to faster port
> zpool import poolname.
> R.

It worked great. Thanks!

> On 23 =C6=C5=D7, 20:45, pne.cho...@comcast.net wrote:
>

> > I created a mountpoint called /tdusb1 on a USB 1.1 port conncted to a
> > 1TB LaCie hard drive. I discoverd that our system has a USB 2.0 port
> > and want to move the logical mountpoint to a new physical USB port.
> > How do I do it?
>
> > Actually, I will need to do the same sort of thing from one Solaris 10
> > system to another in the future. I don't care about plug-and-play and
> > hot swappable as long as I can read the same drive from different Sun
> > systems.
>
> > I assume that there are ZFS related commands for doing this but don't
> > want to experiment too much as the USB hard drive already has valuable
> > stuff on it that I am in the process of backing up, though very
> > slowly...
>
> > Any help greatly appreicated.
>
> > Eric- Hide quoted text -

pne