Power On Self Test Failed Cause: NVRAM U13

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I have two Spark 10 which I did not use long time, now I would like to
use, but I got above error messages and network address and host ID
all with ff ...

Please help

Shan
-1
Reply Shan 6/21/2010 12:13:04 AM

See related articles to this posting

On 06/20/10 08:13 PM, Shan wrote:
> I have two Spark 10 which I did not use long time, now I would like to
> use, but I got above error messages and network address and host ID
> all with ff ...
>
> Please help
>
> Shan

It sounds like the battery in the NVRAM is dead and lost all stored information.  Go to this website for more details on fixing it:

http://www.squirrel.com/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html

Paul
0
Reply Paul 6/21/2010 1:50:30 AM

On Jun 20, 6:50=A0pm, Paul Gress <pgr...@pb.net> wrote:
> On 06/20/10 08:13 PM, Shan wrote:
>
> > I have two Spark 10 which I did not use long time, now I would like to
> > use, but I got above error messages and network address and host ID
> > all with ff ...
>
> > Please help
>
> > Shan
>
> It sounds like the battery in the NVRAM is dead and lost all stored infor=
mation. =A0Go to this website for more details on fixing it:

> http://www.squirrel.com/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html
>
> Paul

Thank you very much, Paul

Shan
0
Reply Shan 6/21/2010 3:38:20 AM

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:13:04 -0700 (PDT), Shan
<karai.shanmugam@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have two Spark 10 which I did not use long time, now I would like to
>use, but I got above error messages and network address and host ID
>all with ff ...
>
>Please help

Bin it.

BTW Sparc CPU.

>Shan

0
Reply Barry 6/26/2010 7:37:32 AM
comp.sys.sun.admin 3735 articles. 4 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Power On Self Test Failed: Memory check Blk test failed
Get this on my SunFire V100 on startup. It seems to check the memory, spew up a load of error messages but then continue to boot to the OK prompt. I assume this means some of my memory is screwed? Whats the next step? Will the machine still work (its just a test machine anyway)? ...

SELF-TEST: immediately after "testing card" (card testing?), says FAILED
My hp50g is, as far as cards, etc, go, "fresh out of the 50g plastic". Ie, I've done nothing about any "card" (nor do I even know what it might be, or might be for). So, this FAILED msg -- is that in fact a true ERROR (of my machine's hardware, software, or whatever), or simply what the self-test does when you haven't (yet) installed (or whatever) a "card"? (If so, sure would be nice if it *said* that!) Thanks! David David Combs wrote: > My hp50g is, as far as cards, etc, go, "fresh out of the 50g plastic". > > Ie, I've...

test test test test test test
test test test test test test test ...

TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING
TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING ...

test test test test

PLI power test has failed
was: topic "writing a character function" "James J. Weinkam" <jjw@cs.sfu.ca> wrote in message news:6jdHd.6708$u_1.3791@edtnps91... > robin wrote: > The OP indicated that he wanted a fixed length string of dynamically > specified > length. If a varying length string suits his purpose just as well then, > of > course, he also has that option. Someone else has already suggested that > to > him. But a varying length string has a two byte length field as well as > the > characters themselves and that may not suit his purpose. > ...

Test test test
Test test ...

test test test

test test test
test test test ...

B50 power on after power fail....
Anyone, After configuring a multitude of B50s, I realized something about them. If AIX is running, pull the power plug, then after several seconds reconnect power cord, system will not come back on. I have gone through the SMS configs and even set the "Unattended Mode" to on......still, the system does not power back up with above procedure...... Is this the proper behaviour? Or, should the system power back up? ( I just might be used to the old MCA machines ) Thanks a bunch! TCP In article <_BpKb.69449$I07.329049@attbi_s53>, ************* <@1Xman> wrote: > ...

Test test test
Test test werty wrote: > Test test > You failed, horribly. Please return your computer to where you bought it and tell them they don't need to refund the money, because you're too stupid to know the difference anyway. Stop such nonsense. Google said they turned it off 9 Jan . They changed dates on posts , then put them in , 10 Jan . I did not post 9 Jan If they would only tell the truth ..... Its called throttling . Google dont want to pay to carry UseNet ... but they like the revenues from adverts . ...

Testing, Testing, Testing
My filter is off and I still see no messages in COGM. Testing! Testing! 1-2-3 Testing! Here in comp.os.geos.misc, "Pat" <hotpatpar@hotmail.com> spake unto us, saying: >My filter is off and I still see no messages in COGM. Oh no! :-) -- -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA USA OS/2 + eCS + Linux + Win95 + DOS + PC/GEOS + Executor = PC Hobbyist Heaven! WARNING: I've seen FIELDATA FORTRAN V and I know how to use it! The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then. Pat w...

Test test test

test test test
this is only a test... 3rd attempt. ...

Test Test Testing
Testing from Personnel Mail Sever ...

Test test test
Excuse the ring -- I am confused about the new google "nickname" thing. Dave Weaver Dave Weaver wrote: > Excuse the ring -- I am confused about the new google "nickname" thing. > Dave Weaver Well, that worked just great, using nickname "Dave Weaver" nofinway@fnh.com Dave Weaver wrote: > Excuse the ring -- I am confused about the new google "nickname" > thing. Dave Weaver Dave, I hope you realize that by posting via Google Groups, your e-mail address will be made public to Usenet groups. Tiny URL http://tinyur...

DEC 2000 AXP fails system power up test
I came into possesion of an Alpha system labeled as a DEC 2000 axp system. It had no video card so I stuck an old Paradise 8 bit VGA card in it, connected a PC keyboard to the PS2 port, and powered it up. I get a screen telling me it has ROM version 1.3 and SRM firmware version 309 followed by system power up tests. All componets, including the keyboard, pass except the NVR which fails with a "00 0004" code. These tests are followed by a message saying: "Power-on self-test errors were detected. Continue NT boot (Y/N)?" I thought this system had VMS on it but, whatever. T...

Gateway 2000 Keyboard Error During Power On Self Test
I have just installed a Gateway 2000 computer as a fileserver. During the power on self test, the computer stops with an error: No Keyboard Attached, press F1 to continue. I have not got a keyboard attached, but I really do want to continue to boot even though there is no keyboard. I could not find an option in the BIOS settings to not halt on a keyboard error. (BIOS revision 0AAES052.) I access the computer remotely over the LAN, so no keyboard is required during normal use. I have a shared keyboard, which I just plug in occasionally during system maintenance. Mark. -- Mark Hobley 393...

VAXstation 4000/90 SYS self test fail
Hi folks, I have a VAXstation 4000/90 which is now displaying a system test failure on boot. At the end of the self check the following is displayed: KA49-A V1.1-06B-V4.2 08-00-2B-3C-5A-3C 80MB .... ?? 000 8 SYS 0768 >>> If I show errors I get: >>> SHOW ERROR ?? 000 8 SYS 0300 (the last number being shown as 0300 this time rather than 0768). Any idea ? thank you ! ...

RE: DEC 2000 AXP fails system power up test
> -----Original Message----- > From: Alan Adams [mailto:alan.adams@orchard-way.freeserve.co.uk]=20 > Sent: July 8, 2006 3:31 PM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: DEC 2000 AXP fails system power up test >=20 > In message <KGQrg.2895$bd4.1039@trnddc01> > Tom <tfd@verizon.net> wrote: >=20 > > I came into possesion of an Alpha system labeled as a DEC=20 > 2000 axp system. > > It had no video card so I stuck an old Paradise 8 bit VGA=20 > card in it, > > connected a PC keyboard to the PS2 port, and powered it up. >...

Re: DEC 2000 AXP fails system power up test #2
> Well, the only VT device I have is a VT420 with an MMJ cable. Anyone > know where I can get an MMJ to DB9 converter? You can get the pinouts at: http://www.stanq.com/cable.html --Stan Quayle Quayle Consulting Inc. ---------- Stanley F. Quayle, P.E. N8SQ Toll free: 1-888-I-LUV-VAX 8572 North Spring Ct., Pickerington, OH 43147 USA stan-at-stanq-dot-com http://www.stanq.com/charon-vax.html "OpenVMS, when downtime is not an option" ...

Constant.t fails 240 of 272 tests and recurs.t fails 1 of 25 tests on HPUX using perl 5.8.7
I am new to perl and am tasked with compiling and installing 5.8.7. When running make test I see failures associated Constant.t , recurs.t and 510_ping_upd.t I am not concerned about the 510_ping_upd.t as other notes say I can ignore this, but I would like to resolve the failures for Constant.t and recurs.t It may be that I am not telling the perl about a library it needs, but I don't know how to tell what the tests are or why they are failing. Can somebody tell me how to review the actual tests and failure reason? Does anybody recognize whether a particular library or other parameter ...

TransWarp GS self-test got Cache RAM ** Failed ** 3
I got a TWGS=EF=BC=88TransWarp GS=EF=BC=89 with ROM ver.1.8S / AE 32K cache= upgrade. It can not pass the self-test step "Cache RAM", the test step will show the error message below: Cache RAM...............** Failed ** 3 And other test steps is passed include "Cache flush". If I cold start the IIGS with TWGS and try the self-test, it will pass the the self-test step "Cache RAM" one or two time, then the cache RAM test will failed. When "Cache RAM" test failed and hot reboot IIGS, the system error message will show during boot GS/OS on...

What is tested by the Apple IIc self-test?
I'm having trouble finding a source that actually describes what components of the Apple IIc are tested by its self-test. Anyone know? What I know so far: - self-test is only functional in the UniDisk or later revisions - it makes low-res patterns on the screen - it is activated with the same key combo as with the IIe -- ]DF$ Mac GUI Vault - A source for retro Apple II and Macintosh computing. http://macgui.com/vault/ ...