Power On Self Test Failed Cause: NVRAM U13

I have two Spark 10 which I did not use long time, now I would like to
use, but I got above error messages and network address and host ID
all with ff ...

Please help

Shan
-1
Shan
6/21/2010 12:13:04 AM
comp.sys.sun.admin 3736 articles. 4 followers. bozothedeathmachine16 (49) is leader. Post Follow

On 06/20/10 08:13 PM, Shan wrote:
> I have two Spark 10 which I did not use long time, now I would like to
> use, but I got above error messages and network address and host ID
> all with ff ...
>
> Please help
>
> Shan

It sounds like the battery in the NVRAM is dead and lost all stored information.  Go to this website for more details on fixing it:

http://www.squirrel.com/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html

Paul
0
Paul
6/21/2010 1:50:30 AM
On Jun 20, 6:50=A0pm, Paul Gress <pgr...@pb.net> wrote:
> On 06/20/10 08:13 PM, Shan wrote:
>
> > I have two Spark 10 which I did not use long time, now I would like to
> > use, but I got above error messages and network address and host ID
> > all with ff ...
>
> > Please help
>
> > Shan
>
> It sounds like the battery in the NVRAM is dead and lost all stored infor=
mation. =A0Go to this website for more details on fixing it:

> http://www.squirrel.com/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html
>
> Paul

Thank you very much, Paul

Shan
0
Shan
6/21/2010 3:38:20 AM
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:13:04 -0700 (PDT), Shan
<karai.shanmugam@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have two Spark 10 which I did not use long time, now I would like to
>use, but I got above error messages and network address and host ID
>all with ff ...
>
>Please help

Bin it.

BTW Sparc CPU.

>Shan

0
Barry

NBX email Offsite Notification is failing
Over the last few days when a voice message is left instead of receiving the wav file my users receive the following message: Unable to provide attachment. Probably the NBX subscribers mailbox was locked or there are multiple messages. I've rebooted my NBX and this is the entire contents of the NBoss log file NBX LOGGING FACILITY LOG FILE Software Version: R4_0_27, Sep 12 2002 0217:210356 Logfile Created 0217:210356 DBI E m_LoadDialPlan: device list 278 (0x3938318) or member 372 (0x0) not found 0217:210356 DBI E m_LoadDialPlan: device list...

Testing Questions
Hi, Can anyone send me Objective question answer or interview Q/A on Software Testing at parul_amit_jain@yahoo.com. On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:46:43 -0700, Parul wrote: > Hi, > Can anyone send me Objective question answer or interview Q/A on > Software Testing at parul_amit_jain@yahoo.com. I think the correct answer would be 'no'. There are many people that do not have access to email, or even understand the technology behind it. Those people would be unable to send you any form of email. Furthermore, not everyone who has email works in the area of software testing, so they...

Load Test E1 ISDN
I have a 2600 with a Primary Rate ISDN module. I want to do a "load test" to see that I am getting 2mb/sec throughput. Has anyone a suggestion as to how I can achieve this? A PING would be easiest approach I guess - if I establish a PING with a particular packet size and see all the channels come up, is that an indication that I am using the full bandwidth of the circuit? What response time should I expect from the PING ? is there any other approach I can use? TIA, Ned Ned Trilby wrote: > I have a 2600 with a Primary Rate ISDN module. I want to do a "load > test" to ...

FAQ 2.5 I grabbed the sources and tried to compile but gdbm/dynamic loading/malloc/linking/... failed. How do I make it work? #20
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq2.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 2.5: I grabbed the sources and tried to compile but gdbm/dynamic loading/malloc/linking/... failed. How do I make it work? Read the INSTALL file, which is part of the source distribution. It describes in detail how...

Power supply EXPLOSION
Ok, maybe watercooling the power supply was not a good idea. It certainly kept the power transistors with the big heatsinks cool, but what of the poor little diodes and a transformer, which didn't get the airflow they expected? Been working fine for a few weeks, then suddenly..... about 15 bangs, flashes, sparks etc flew out of it, as though I had lit an entire box of fireworks under the desk. Strangely the PC continued to run while this happened (for about 10 seconds, at which point the PSU gave up and it went off. Fuses all intact! Replaced the PSU, and the PC booted ok! Just o...

Test #9
This is only a test to see if this message returns. WT ...

US-TX-Austin: Access Developer, SQL, debug/test/trblsht macros/modules; c-p (45330514400)
US-TX-Austin: Access Developer, SQL, debug/test/trblsht macros/modules; c-p (45330514400) ========================================================================================= Position: Access Developer Reference: SMC01767 Location: Austin TX Duration: C-P Skills: 1+yrs exp as an Access Developer with SQL Exp. Must have the ability to develop, debug, test and troubleshoot queries, macros, and modules Experience and understanding of database design. MCDBA certification a plus. Active Server Pages (A...

Power Mac 8600--automatic restart after power failure?
I remember on older Macs a special power button you could rotate to either stay off or restart after a power failure. Is there such a thing on an 8600? If so, I can't seem to find it. Darwin O. Magno <magno6@comcast.net> wrote: > rotate to > either stay off or restart after a power failure. Is there such a thing > on an 8600? no. not any more (last Mac I 've seen with that feature was a 68040 Quadra 650...) On MacOSX it is possible PreferencPane controlled, I don't remember classic right no... Greetings Frank In article <magno6-38C388.23204105032004@comcas...

OT
SAS-L puzzlers...how about a SAS soulution? SELF-REFERENTIAL APTITUDE TEST, by Jim Propp (propp@math.wisc.edu) The solution to the following puzzle is unique; in some cases the knowledge that the solution is unique may actually give you a short-cut to finding the answer to a particular question, but it's possible to find the unique solution even without making use of the fact that the solution is unique. (Thanks to Andy Latto for bringing this subtlety to my attention.) I should mention that if you don't agree with me about the answer to #20, you will get a different solution to th...

[News] The Power of Linux on USB is Unleashed, Popularised
IBM puts blades on a low-carb(on) diet ,----[ Quote ] | IBM also designed the new BladeCenter servers without internal | disk drives, which use 10 to 12 watts. Instead, IBM is using a | 4G-byte modular flash drive that it claims uses 95 percent less | power than a spinning disk drive. The flash drive can be used as | a Linux operating system boot drive and as a storage device to | complement shared storage on the IT network." `---- http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/04/12/HNibmlowcarbonblades_1.html Turning any computer into a Linux machine ,----[ Quote ] | BIOS set to USB HD boot, t...

Power vs. energy usage in embedded systems -
Hi Folks, >From my understanding, power is the rate at which work is done and energy is the total work done by a system over a period of time. Designing a processor for low power makes sense in desktop systems where lower power results in lower heat dissipation giving cheeper designs and more reliable processors. By lowering the frequency at which a processor is clocked the power can be reduced but the system still does the same work over a longer period of time, thus consuming the same amount of energy as the version running with a faster clock. In this scenario there's a low- power ...

Major Frippery! (Or, More Power!)
Now that Bambino the Destroyer is in bed, I can attend to more pressing matters... Anyway... First: Are the 3 molex power taps on the 400W Delta PSU independent? I don't remember seeing that mentioned anywhere. I'm getting ready to connect 7 hard drives - 2 4Gb DGHS on one tap and 5 Maxtor 250Gb's on another. But before I go and do something stupid (Oh, OK... *someone* is going to get me for that one :) like blow the PSU I thought I'd ask. The wiring looks so much neater with only one custom wire running the Maxtors... http://www.nazarethisd.net/ps2/09...

RE: Test Scenario VS Case #2
Test Scenario are derived from the Use case, that meansin simple ter various posibility of getting the result , Scenario are written as test case, test case are discriptive one which help to test the AUT an find the resul ----------------------------------------------------------------------- IT Interview Questions : http://www.geekinterview.com IT Tutorials and Articles : http://www.geekarticles.com Oracle and Oracle Apps Training : http://www.exforsys.com ...

vershlugginer power bricks
I am with you 100%. I have this big ol' wall wart just because someone didn't want to put the power supply inside the case...because it creates heat... the best approach I've seen is this Wall Plug-------transformer-------power cord into whatever Unfortunately this is easy going , makes sense and doesn't hog an outlet, so it's not seen very often.... :) JB ...

Power C 128 - guy with the website
Power C 64/128 - The guy with the website that I gave permission to distribute the Power C software and books (since I own it), contact me, I may have found the source code. The copies of the floppies I am going through on my HD are 17 years old and I do not even have an original copy or book handy to compare, but, I think this might be it since the directory is marked Power C. If these examples look like what you need, let me know filename: c0069.a PUBLIC c$0069 za0 = $00a0 z0400 = $0400 c$0069 sec sbc #4 sta za0 ...

solutions manual, test bank for Financial Markets and Institutions 6e 6/E 6th edition by Anthony Saunders Marcia Millon Cornett contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
Financial Markets and Institutions 6e 6/E 6th edition by Anthony Saunders Marcia Millon Cornett solutions manual and test bank available at best price contact at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com Financial Markets and Institutions 6e 6/E 6th edition by Anthony Saunders Marcia Millon Cornett ...

ignore test
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE----- Version: N/A qANQR1DDDQQDAwLyufKLtUkqT2DJGSc+1v2Pn1KREFzdBDvjDZPW23E+8jq3wFs= =+gj5 -----END PGP MESSAGE----- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa > -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE----- > Version: N/A > > qANQR1DDDQQDAwLyufKLtUkqT2DJGSc+1v2Pn1KREFzdBDvjDZPW23E+8jq3wFs= > =+gj5 > -----END PGP MESSAGE----- > aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE----- Version: N/A qANQR1DDDQQDAwIT9H3X/bZM3WDJV8e9+aOkErSpOKs6W4cnmiMsHf31DCUznqbU JZJvgAJBM9bcL6ob93zKLokzxj+JAjiC7+mClsM6Ma8/r7ZNPOWgAqydeEfJrafq Z16FvnCK63L7QzZwUQ== =GV4o -----END PGP M...

Low power software + high power hardware = high power dissipation?
Suppose you have Word2000 which happily ran on a PentiumII/AMD socket 7 system and you now put it on a high powered system with exactly the same operating system and software installed. The power dissipation is higher and all because the software is being run faster when it doesn't need to be. Whereas in the past it might check for a user response from the mouse or keyboard y times a second, now it's x*y where x is how much much faster the system is. It's ridiculous, isn't it? Is this problem being confronted now, so that software has a speed rating for all its modues that def...

Cause of lines in TFT display?
<http://i44.tinypic.com/357lqb8.jpg> Installed a new CCFL tube. Was very careful (so I thought) about R&R'ing the tube. You see the result on power-on. Could this be a bad cable or connection? Or does it look like a damaged display? Thanks.-- Al, the usual Usual Suspect wrote: > <http://i44.tinypic.com/357lqb8.jpg> > > Installed a new CCFL tube. Was very careful (so I thought) about R&R'ing the > tube. You see the result on power-on. > > Could this be a bad cable or connection? Or does it look like a damaged > display? Either. Graha...

testing...(Sorry)
.. ...

light stripes test -- what's normal?
I've got a xerox phaser 8560, and lately have been having color problems; there is a test you can do at the printer control panel, producing a "light stripes test" page, but sad to say I don't have a pre-problem copy on file to compare it to, and don't see a sample in the numerous provided .pdf documents for this model. In short, is that last bank of colored stripes supposed to be 'cyan' ? On my printer they're all coming out a lot closer to blue-green {"fern" in the crayola color chart.} My 'black' stripes are sepia, the yel...

BC: Numbered functions in DLL cause big error
Hi! I'm developing with Borland C++ Builder. I had written DLL project (by hand, not using IDE) and there were some functions to export defined in DEF. Something like this: Library Export func1=_func1 func2=_func2 ...... This compiles with no problem. But if I will number this functions ("func1=_func1 @1"), linker goes down with "Abnormal Program Termination". I found that implib causes this error. I replaced it with old one and it works properly ("implib mydll mydll.def"....). But linker is still scares me with APT :( Who knows how to solve this prob...

N-Class Power Inputs
To the list, Question: Does the N-class box require 1,2 or 3 of the power inputs to have power to function? Can it function on just 1? Does it need 2? Or does it require all 3 to have power to function? David Knispel david.knispel at frequencymarketing dot com Phone: 513-248-5029 Fax: 513-248-2672 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

testing, please ignore
test message, please ignore sp@kentmoorecabinets.com ...

test #2
test -- Michael Martin, mmartin@zetnet.co.uk ...