Power On Self Test Failed Cause: NVRAM U13

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I have two Spark 10 which I did not use long time, now I would like to
use, but I got above error messages and network address and host ID
all with ff ...

Please help

Shan
-1
Reply Shan 6/21/2010 12:13:04 AM

See related articles to this posting

On 06/20/10 08:13 PM, Shan wrote:
> I have two Spark 10 which I did not use long time, now I would like to
> use, but I got above error messages and network address and host ID
> all with ff ...
>
> Please help
>
> Shan

It sounds like the battery in the NVRAM is dead and lost all stored information.  Go to this website for more details on fixing it:

http://www.squirrel.com/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html

Paul
0
Reply Paul 6/21/2010 1:50:30 AM

On Jun 20, 6:50=A0pm, Paul Gress <pgr...@pb.net> wrote:
> On 06/20/10 08:13 PM, Shan wrote:
>
> > I have two Spark 10 which I did not use long time, now I would like to
> > use, but I got above error messages and network address and host ID
> > all with ff ...
>
> > Please help
>
> > Shan
>
> It sounds like the battery in the NVRAM is dead and lost all stored infor=
mation. =A0Go to this website for more details on fixing it:

> http://www.squirrel.com/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html
>
> Paul

Thank you very much, Paul

Shan
0
Reply Shan 6/21/2010 3:38:20 AM

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:13:04 -0700 (PDT), Shan
<karai.shanmugam@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have two Spark 10 which I did not use long time, now I would like to
>use, but I got above error messages and network address and host ID
>all with ff ...
>
>Please help

Bin it.

BTW Sparc CPU.

>Shan

0
Reply Barry 6/26/2010 7:37:32 AM
comp.sys.sun.admin 3733 articles. 4 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Power On Self Test Failed: Memory check Blk test failed
Get this on my SunFire V100 on startup. It seems to check the memory, spew up a load of error messages but then continue to boot to the OK prompt. I assume this means some of my memory is screwed? Whats the next step? Will the machine still work (its just a test machine anyway)? ...

SELF-TEST: immediately after "testing card" (card testing?), says FAILED
My hp50g is, as far as cards, etc, go, "fresh out of the 50g plastic". Ie, I've done nothing about any "card" (nor do I even know what it might be, or might be for). So, this FAILED msg -- is that in fact a true ERROR (of my machine's hardware, software, or whatever), or simply what the self-test does when you haven't (yet) installed (or whatever) a "card"? (If so, sure would be nice if it *said* that!) Thanks! David David Combs wrote: > My hp50g is, as far as cards, etc, go, "fresh out of the 50g plastic". > > Ie, I've...

PLI power test has failed
was: topic "writing a character function" "James J. Weinkam" <jjw@cs.sfu.ca> wrote in message news:6jdHd.6708$u_1.3791@edtnps91... > robin wrote: > The OP indicated that he wanted a fixed length string of dynamically > specified > length. If a varying length string suits his purpose just as well then, > of > course, he also has that option. Someone else has already suggested that > to > him. But a varying length string has a two byte length field as well as > the > characters themselves and that may not suit his purpose. > ...

DEC 2000 AXP fails system power up test
I came into possesion of an Alpha system labeled as a DEC 2000 axp system. It had no video card so I stuck an old Paradise 8 bit VGA card in it, connected a PC keyboard to the PS2 port, and powered it up. I get a screen telling me it has ROM version 1.3 and SRM firmware version 309 followed by system power up tests. All componets, including the keyboard, pass except the NVR which fails with a "00 0004" code. These tests are followed by a message saying: "Power-on self-test errors were detected. Continue NT boot (Y/N)?" I thought this system had VMS on it but, whatever. T...

Gateway 2000 Keyboard Error During Power On Self Test
I have just installed a Gateway 2000 computer as a fileserver. During the power on self test, the computer stops with an error: No Keyboard Attached, press F1 to continue. I have not got a keyboard attached, but I really do want to continue to boot even though there is no keyboard. I could not find an option in the BIOS settings to not halt on a keyboard error. (BIOS revision 0AAES052.) I access the computer remotely over the LAN, so no keyboard is required during normal use. I have a shared keyboard, which I just plug in occasionally during system maintenance. Mark. -- Mark Hobley 393...

VAXstation 4000/90 SYS self test fail
Hi folks, I have a VAXstation 4000/90 which is now displaying a system test failure on boot. At the end of the self check the following is displayed: KA49-A V1.1-06B-V4.2 08-00-2B-3C-5A-3C 80MB .... ?? 000 8 SYS 0768 >>> If I show errors I get: >>> SHOW ERROR ?? 000 8 SYS 0300 (the last number being shown as 0300 this time rather than 0768). Any idea ? thank you ! ...

RE: DEC 2000 AXP fails system power up test
> -----Original Message----- > From: Alan Adams [mailto:alan.adams@orchard-way.freeserve.co.uk]=20 > Sent: July 8, 2006 3:31 PM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: DEC 2000 AXP fails system power up test >=20 > In message <KGQrg.2895$bd4.1039@trnddc01> > Tom <tfd@verizon.net> wrote: >=20 > > I came into possesion of an Alpha system labeled as a DEC=20 > 2000 axp system. > > It had no video card so I stuck an old Paradise 8 bit VGA=20 > card in it, > > connected a PC keyboard to the PS2 port, and powered it up. >...

Re: DEC 2000 AXP fails system power up test #2
> Well, the only VT device I have is a VT420 with an MMJ cable. Anyone > know where I can get an MMJ to DB9 converter? You can get the pinouts at: http://www.stanq.com/cable.html --Stan Quayle Quayle Consulting Inc. ---------- Stanley F. Quayle, P.E. N8SQ Toll free: 1-888-I-LUV-VAX 8572 North Spring Ct., Pickerington, OH 43147 USA stan-at-stanq-dot-com http://www.stanq.com/charon-vax.html "OpenVMS, when downtime is not an option" ...

TransWarp GS self-test got Cache RAM ** Failed ** 3
I got a TWGS=EF=BC=88TransWarp GS=EF=BC=89 with ROM ver.1.8S / AE 32K cache= upgrade. It can not pass the self-test step "Cache RAM", the test step will show the error message below: Cache RAM...............** Failed ** 3 And other test steps is passed include "Cache flush". If I cold start the IIGS with TWGS and try the self-test, it will pass the the self-test step "Cache RAM" one or two time, then the cache RAM test will failed. When "Cache RAM" test failed and hot reboot IIGS, the system error message will show during boot GS/OS on...

makeFile: tcltls-1.5.0 fails self-test under Tcl-8.5
Hello! It would appear, something has changed in the tcltest-implementation. The test tlsIO-12.3 is failing under tcl-8.5. The test creates two files using makeFile and then spawns off scripts, which try to use the created files. By the time one of the scripts gets to use its file, the file no longer exists... Could someone proficient in tcltest, please, look into this? Thanks! -mi ...

B50 power on after power fail....
Anyone, After configuring a multitude of B50s, I realized something about them. If AIX is running, pull the power plug, then after several seconds reconnect power cord, system will not come back on. I have gone through the SMS configs and even set the "Unattended Mode" to on......still, the system does not power back up with above procedure...... Is this the proper behaviour? Or, should the system power back up? ( I just might be used to the old MCA machines ) Thanks a bunch! TCP In article <_BpKb.69449$I07.329049@attbi_s53>, ************* <@1Xman> wrote: > ...

Constant.t fails 240 of 272 tests and recurs.t fails 1 of 25 tests on HPUX using perl 5.8.7
I am new to perl and am tasked with compiling and installing 5.8.7. When running make test I see failures associated Constant.t , recurs.t and 510_ping_upd.t I am not concerned about the 510_ping_upd.t as other notes say I can ignore this, but I would like to resolve the failures for Constant.t and recurs.t It may be that I am not telling the perl about a library it needs, but I don't know how to tell what the tests are or why they are failing. Can somebody tell me how to review the actual tests and failure reason? Does anybody recognize whether a particular library or other parameter ...

What is tested by the Apple IIc self-test?
I'm having trouble finding a source that actually describes what components of the Apple IIc are tested by its self-test. Anyone know? What I know so far: - self-test is only functional in the UniDisk or later revisions - it makes low-res patterns on the screen - it is activated with the same key combo as with the IIe -- ]DF$ Mac GUI Vault - A source for retro Apple II and Macintosh computing. http://macgui.com/vault/ ...

Seagate eSATA, no power up after power fail!
I'm disappointed with the Seagate eSATA drive, because after a power failure, the drive requires you to push the button to restart it, which is a real problem since the other equipment starts right up. Seagate support says there's no way to fix it, and further claimed that *NO* eSATA drive can power up after power loss (!). Of course I do not believe them. Give me schematics or something so I can just make a harness, please. I haven't decided yet whether to return the Seagate drive or go in and bridge the switch. James Of Tucson wrote: > I haven't decided ...

TEST 1Z0-007 / Self test
Does anyone have the self test of 1Z0-007 or any other simulator to send me? Thanks in advance. check in alt.binaries.cbts On 19 Apr 2005 12:02:16 -0700, dmalcantara@terra.com.br (Daniel) wrote: >Does anyone have the self test of 1Z0-007 or any other simulator to >send me? Thanks in advance. ...

Testing NVRAM and FLASH-Need a test strategy
Dear gurus, Can you advice me how to test FLASH and NVRAM Memory using C language?I am not aware what should be the methodology I must be using.Further,for testing the flash,do i need flash programmer?Or what hardware setup is required to test NVRAM and FLASH?Typically My h/w has got a NVRAM and a flash and I am asked to develop some software based on C language to test these Mem chips.Need some ideas or links where I can find some info regarding this.Also please advice me on the h/w and s/w environment required to test these mem chips. Advanced thanks to all your replys. Regards, s.subbar...

Basic statistics
Can anyone provide a reference to or sample code to generate tables showing the power of test statistic in hypothesis testing for a single population. MiniTab includes such a feature. I do not see a specific native function in Mathematica 7 or in Abell's _Statistics with Mathematica_. Thanks, Kurt ...

Test Manager fails to Run the Test Suite
Hi!,All, I am doing system testing of a product using Rational test manager and Rational Robot. I have created a Test Suites in one rational project and now want to run this suite from Test Manager. While running the Test Suite I am geting an error "Unable to run suite: Monitoring services failed to initialize" Please, can anyone have solution to this problem. rgds, Nilendu ...

Harddrive failed the quick test but passed the full test
I got an Maxtor 90845D4 8.4GB from my friend and tested it with powermax. However, it failed on the quick test(90s test). The HD did not stop after the offline smart test,and then after 15 minutes, the software said HD is going to fail and recommended to run the Full test. THe HD passed in both Full test and burn-in test and I ran both of them many times. I tried the HD on two computers with DMA33 and Dma66/100 cables , but it's the same result. Question: Is the Harddrive defective or the software problem ? "mars" <marslee@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

TEST Fails.
Hi I am trying to Install perl 5.8.7 as my 5.004 is aparently a little old now :) I have 1 test that fails. Can anyone tell me what this error relates to. Or failing that is the test important and can I somehow skip this 1 test and install anyway ? # ./perl -I ../lib ../lib/ExtUtils/t/Embed.t 1..9 # cc -o embed_test -I.. -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i386-svr5/CORE embed_te st.c -L.. -lperl -Wl,-Bexport -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/gnu/lib .../lib/auto/DynaL oader/DynaLoader.a -lperl -lsocket -lnsl -ldl -lld -lm -lcrypt -lutil UX:acomp: WARNING: "../pad.h", line 139: no macro replace...

test fails
I can't get POE::Component::Jabber to install, it seems to be failing some tests but teh output doesn't seem to indicate what is failing or why. Any clues? Here's the output: /usr/bin/perl Build --makefile_env_macros 1 test t/01_basic.......# Looks like your test died just after 29. Dubious, test returned 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00) All 29 subtests passed t/02_xmpp........# Looks like your test died just after 20. Dubious, test returned 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00) All 20 subtests passed (less 20 skipped subtests: 0 okay) t/03_legacy......# Looks like your test died just afte...

power down fails
When I run 'shutdown -h now', shutdown proceeds normally until the very end. All processes are stopped, disks are unmounted, and I see the final message on my screen: "Power down." But then, the system doesn't power down. It just sits, running. I have to shut off power at the power supply. This behavior happens every time in Linux. By contrast, when Windows shuts down my PC, it powers down as expected. Any idea what's causing this? Is there maybe a kernel option I should set? Something APM-related? Thanks, Andrew. -- To reply by email, change "deadspa...

make test-all fails in test/drb on Mac OS X
Hi I'm building ruby-1.8.4 on Mac OS X 10.4.4 (Tiger) with XCode 2.1 This 'make's and 'make install's fine. It even 'make test's too. 'make test-all' or 'make check' fails with: 1313 tests, 14124 assertions, 0 failures, 79 errors make: *** [test-all] Error 1 All of the errors are in test/drb The pattern is (directory structured trimmed with '~'): 1) Error: test_01(TestDRbAry): RuntimeError: execution expired ~/ruby-lang-org/ruby-1.8.4/lib/timeout.rb:54:in `invoke_service' ~/ruby-lang-org/ruby-1.8.4/lib/drb/extservm.rb:39:in...

POWER TEST???
Hi, I am looking for a testing program called "Power Test" for configuration management and quality assurance. I have never heard of it and can not find anything out there about it but I know it exists. Can anyone help me locate some information about it? Thanks Lucas lhall@milestonegroup.net ...