sending break signal to a Sun V880 from a cisco 2511 terminal server

All,

I have got a Sun V880 connected to a cisco 2511 terminal server and I
want to know how to send a break signal to the machine so that I can
get it to the ok prompt. I use exceed telnet and connect to the
specified port to get a console session. I have tried ~break,  "^]"
and ~ctrl B.

Thanks for your help,
0
menno2010
9/22/2003 1:01:49 PM
comp.sys.sun.admin 3740 articles. 0 followers. bozothedeathmachine16 (49) is leader. Post Follow

menno2010@yahoo.co.uk (flamingsurfer) writes:
>I have got a Sun V880 connected to a cisco 2511 terminal server and I
>want to know how to send a break signal to the machine so that I can
>get it to the ok prompt. I use exceed telnet and connect to the
>specified port to get a console session. I have tried ~break,  "^]"
>and ~ctrl B.

Configure the 2511 with something like

line 1 16
 telnet break-on-ip

And then send a 'telnet break' which the 2511 will then translate into
a hardware break.

Using Sun's telnet client you'd do that with the sequence "^] send break"
(ie. ^] to escape back to the telnet command prompt and then the
command send break sends a telnet break.

I have never used the exceed telnet client..

--
Doug McIntyre						merlyn@visi.com
                   Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades