Sun PCi II or III software (SUNWspci2 / SUNWspci3)

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I have seen that there are plenty of Sun PCi II or III coprocessors
boards for sale on eBay, but they come without software.

I have looked around for the appropriate driver and software package
SUNWspci2/3, but I could not find it.

Is it available for download? If it is, please could you post a link?

Thank you,
HD

0
Reply haydude (77) 9/18/2006 12:32:27 AM

See related articles to this posting

comp.sys.sun.admin 3733 articles. 4 followers. Post

Sun PCi II or III software (SUNWspci2 / SUNWspci3) #2
I have seen that there are plenty of Sun PCi II or III coprocessors boards for sale on eBay, but they come without software. I have looked around for the appropriate driver and software package SUNWspci2/3, but I could not find it. Is it available for download? If it is, please could you post a link? Thank you, HD In comp.sys.sun.hardware haydude <haydude@alpensea.com> wrote: : I have seen that there are plenty of Sun PCi II or III coprocessors : boards for sale on eBay, but they come without software. : I have looked around for the appropriate driver and software package : SUNWspc...

Sun PCi II
Are the fans on these things supposed to be LOUD or did I get one with a bad fan? - Steve Rose ------------------------------------------- Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy syscalls done, In kernel as it is in user! Steve Rose wrote: > Are the fans on these things supposed to be LOUD or did I get one with a > bad fan? > > - Steve Rose > > ------------------------------------------- > Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name. > Thy programs run, thy syscalls done, > In kernel as it is in user! Mine was loud ...

SUN PCI III 1.4GHz
HI, I am looking into bying a SUN PCI III 1.4GHz to put in a server for some apps that need Windows. Will SUN PCI III 1.4GHz work(supported) on Solaris 10 since the server in mind will be upgraded once the first upgrade of 10 is out? today it runs 8. /michael hi Michael yes. i am doing so since half a year, a sunpci3 card within server v250 with solaris 10 in the meantime there is sunpci3pro available best regards hans -- In article <3sf1d1Fntlt9U1@individual.net>, Michael Laajanen <michael_laajanen@yahoo.com> wrote: >HI, > >I am looking into bying a SUN...

Sun PCI II
Hello All, I have just created a Disk Image for the Sun PCI II Card, using SW Version 2.3.1. This works well, then I copied this Disk Image, a file as you know on Solaris System to other Sun Systems with SunPCI II Cards in them. When I started SunPCI on first System with copied Disk Image, it worked fine. When I started SunPCI on second, third systems it didn't work. It gave me a message: "Another process has your cnfiguration file open." I can't find any Docs to tell me whether I can do what I have done, or if I cannot. Has anybody got any Ideas? (Do I have to install ...

For Sale Sun Blade 100 with PCI-III
Hi selling my sun Blade 100. Photos and info here: http://ebay.is-a-geek.net/Sun%20Blade%20100%20With%20Sun-PCI3%201Gb%20ram%20Max%20config%20250UKP/ email me for shipping. Asking 250quid as it's maxed out with two IDE disks showing as the max 128Gb, 1Gb ram, Sun PCI-III with 1.4Ghz cpu and 512Mb ram, Sun type 6 keyboard (USB), ATI RageXL graphics card and ,Expert3D-Lite card (one onboard and the other an expantion card). No scratches or anything. prtdiag shows: System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Blade 100 (UltraSPARC-IIe) System clock frequency: 84 MHZ Memory size:...

Need Sun PCI (x86 card) software
Can anyone tell me where I can obtain (download?) a CD image for the x86 Sun PCI card? Thanks In article <4029f88d$0$128$7b0f0fd3@reader.news.newnet.co.uk>, Ash Ridley <aridley@deletethis.corrado.co.uk> wrote: >Can anyone tell me where I can obtain (download?) a CD image for the x86 Sun >PCI card? > >Thanks It isn't a cd image, but the software is available from: http://www.sun.com/desktop/products/sunpci/sunpci_download.html -Raf Thanks Raf, much appreciated "Raf LaPietra" <raf@lapietra.org> wrote in message news:ucuWb.33...

SUN PCI III card -- Red LED blinking
Hello all, I recently installed a SUN PCI III card into my Blade 100. I put Win2k on the card and created a 10gb virtual drive. The card "boots" up with no problem and I'm able to get on the network. However, I have two small problems. 1. When I am *not* running the sunpci software, the Red LED light on the card blinks constantly. I can't find much info on what this diagnostic light might mean. Has anyone had similar problems? 2. I notice when I'm running certain programs on the card (i-tunes for one), the screen redraw is a bit slow. It's not unacceptable but it&...

Is the Sun PCi IIpro supported by the version 3 software?
Out of curiosity, has anyone tried using version 3.1 of hte Sun PCi software with the PCi IIpro board? Did it work? I just tried installing the package, and it barfed: ## Executing postinstall script. devfsadm: driver failed to attach: sunpci3drv Warning: Driver (sunpci3drv) successfully added to system but failed to attach devfsadm: driver failed to attach: sunpci3drv Given that adding version 2.3.2 of that software didn't produce this error message, I guess version 3.1 doesn't work. Does anyone know to the contrary? Cheers, -- Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA President, Rite Online ...

Sun Pci II pri card works on Solaris 10.
Just thought I'd let you know, my SunPCI II pro card is now working on Solaris 10, following the instructions at http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/sunhelp/2004-October/021108.html (you need to click the link to the page, otherwise is displays as junk on my browser) I've not set up the network driver interface (NDIS), which some says causes problems. I always used to use Samba anyway. Not bad, considering I removed the fan in May 2003, after deciding it was making too much noise and I did not think it was necessary. http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.sys.sun.hardware/browse_fr...

Seeking Project Engineers II & III
Summary: The ideal candidate will be responsible for the development, coding and integration of test control software for custom test system integration in the development and design of functional test systems. Responsibilities will include developing software for data acquisition, instrument control; test, measurement, and calibration algorithm development; and definition and implementation of control interfaces to hardware. Prefer familiarity with instrument control via GPIB, VXI, MXI, RS232 and experience in test applications development in a Windows NT/2000/XP environment using LabW...

Group purchase of Lisa, Lisa 2, Apple II, Apple III, Early Mac Software CD?
Hey folks, Once upon a time, I bought a copy of Apple's "Technical Information Source CD" from eBay. It had a pile disk images of of Lisa, Apple II, Apple III, and early Macintosh software on it, plus tools to create floppies of those disk images. My CD went bad (grr...should have backed it up) and I'm dying to get my hands on a new copy. There is a guy on eBay selling some, but he wants too much for it ($89US). But I was thinking that if I could get, say, 10 people in on a group purchase of this CD, then we could buy it and I can make copies of it and send the copies to ...

SN#12683 Sun StorEdge[TM] SAN 4.4 Software and Sun SAN Foundation Software 6.4
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 73 Issue 5 2004-03-29 Article 12683 from section "Storage" Enhanced SAN Offerings from Sun Sun is enhancing its SAN offerings with the following: - Sun StorEdge[TM] 9900 series load balancing support with new performance enhancing algorithm - FCIP support with JNI HBAs - Sun StorEdge[TM] Enterprise Storage Manager software v2.1 - Co-existence of two versions of switch FW in the same SAN - Co-existence of two versions of HBA Fcode in the same SAN ...

SN#11461 Sun StorEdge[TM] 9900 Series HiCommand Tuning Manager Software Version 3.0 and Sun StorEdge[TM] 9900 Dynamic Link Manager Software for Solaris Version 5.1
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 69 Issue 1 2003-11-03 Article 11461 from section "Storage" Sun introduces two storage softwares: Sun StorEdge[TM] 9900 Series HiCommand Tuning Manager Software Version 3.0 This software provides intelligent and proactive monitoring, reporting and forecasting capabilities of storage resources with a focus on business applications such as Oracle. This software is designed for organizations that have a large storage infrastructure and need to implement consolidated management of their Su...

SN#10280 Sun[SM] Alerts: Sun Ray[TM] Software, Sun[TM] GigaSwift Ethernet 1.0 UTP Adapters
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 65 Issue 1 2003-06-30 Article 10280 from section "SysAdmin's Section" syslogd(1M), Buffer Overflow Vulnerability and More Sun Ray[TM] Appliance Smart Cards Sun[SM] Alert 53922 states that the quick removal of a Sun Ray[TM] appliance smart card may leave a desktop session open. This can occur in Sun Ray Server software 1.3 for Solaris[TM] Operating System (Solaris OS) 2.6, 7 and 8 without patch 111891-09 and version 2.0 of the software. This is a Sun Ray firmware bug and is not specif...

Sun software subscription to include database software (MySQL)
Sun is looking to inexpensive DBMS software to boost server sales. Will Oracle and IBM feel the pain? ---------------------------------------------- Having established its subscription-based software strategy for client and server infrastructure, Sun Microsystems is looking to extend the portfolio to take on the database and groupware markets, according to John Loiacono, executive vice president of software. In a three-day visit to Australia to brief customers on the company's software strategy, Loiacono said there is an underserved niche in the database market. "If yo...

[News] Sun Screwed Up on Free Software by Ignoring It, Says Sun

Sun software subscription to add inexpensive database software (MySQL)
Sun is looking to inexpensive DBMS software to boost server sales. Will Oracle and IBM feel the pain? ---------------------------------------------- Having established its subscription-based software strategy for client and server infrastructure, Sun Microsystems is looking to extend the portfolio to take on the database and groupware markets, according to John Loiacono, executive vice president of software. In a three-day visit to Australia to brief customers on the company's software strategy, Loiacono said there is an underserved niche in the database market. "...

[News] Sun's VP of Software Talks About Free Software

FA: sun pci co-processor windows in your unix sun box
starting bid $1 no bids at the time of this posting http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8784161238&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:31 on ebay item #8784161238 The SunPCi coprocessor card is a cost-effective hardware-based solution for Sun systems that allows the sharing of data, peripherals, and network connections between Microsoft Windows and the Solaris Operating Environment. Featuring the native intel-compatible processor, on-board high resolution 24-bit graphics, and one USB port, the SunPCi card allows familiar PC applications to run at native speeds....

[News] Free Software Talent From Sun Finds Other Free Software Projects After Oracle

Copy II PC won't copy Apple II Software!!!

SN#19381 New Features for Sun Software Service Plans and Software Subscriptions
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 120 Issue 1 2008-02-04 Article 19381 from section "Service" New ERP System Introduces Service and Asset Attach Items A new ERP System is being implemented by Sun to simplify and improve efficiency, the company reports. Effective January 28th, this new system is offering new Service Items, previously known as Service Part Numbers, and Asset Attach items for Sun Software Service Plans and software subscriptions. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=19381 Have a custom version of 'System News for ...

SN#15026 Sun Renames Software Support Services as Software Service Plans
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 91 Issue 2 2005-09-12 Article 15026 from section "Service" Only the Name Has Changed; Services Levels, Pricing Remain Sun Software Service Plans, now renamed but featuring the same services as their predecessors, the Software Support Services, are available in two levels of service under the licensing structure of the software product involved. Customers can choose between support that covers extended business hours, or they can choose around-the-clock service for their mission-critical deployments. ...

Problem with reloaded Sun Blade 100 and Sun PCI pro coprocessor card
I moved recently and when I got settled, I reloaded my Sun Blade 100 with Solaris 9, 12/02. I also downloaded the Sun PCI II software (version 2.3.2). However when I load the sun pci software, I get the following warning on the postinstall ## Executing postinstall script. Warning: /etc/devlink.tab not updated correctly Perhaps the system OBP needs to be updated Thinking that the problem might be a OBP issue, I updated to the latest OBP. however, the file /etc/devlink.tab is updated as you can see below: #The following lines added for the SunPCi 2 Device Driver type=ddi_pseudo;nam...