SN#12276 Sun Supports Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 #2

SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS
Vol 72 Issue 4 2004-02-23  Article 12276 from section "Entry Level Servers"

     Complement to Sun Fire[TM] V20z Server

        Sun is offering Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and SuSE Linux Enterprise
        Server 8 to complement the recently announced Sun Fire[TM] V20z server
        (see article [12304]). These Linux products are fully 64-bit enabled for
        the AMD64 architecture (Opteron), and they provide a large addressable
        memory capability.

        Sun offers customers a choice of operating systems and platforms to
        provide flexibility for development and deployment. Sun is offering
        standard distributions of Linux that will be tightly integrated with the
        Sun Java[TM] Enterprise System to complement the Solaris[TM] Operating
        System (Solaris OS) product line and extend the reach of Sun's
        end-to-end infrastructure. This provides customers with the flexibility
        to choose the right hardware platform for their business solution.

        The Red Hat and SuSE Linux distributions have bundled right to use (RTU)
        licenses for one or three years. The software support subscriptions have
        the following levels of support:

           - Software Only Support, Basic, for Linux OSs: Maintenance support by
             Sun Services (SuSE SLES only)

           - Sun Software Standard Support: 12 x 5 support by Sun Services

           - Sun Software Premium Support: 24 x 7 support by Sun Services

        Subscriptions are available with or without media (CDs, manuals) so
        customers can purchase what is most efficient for them.

Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/72/4/entry-servers/index.shtml#12276

Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you
via email each week in PDF, text or HTML.  Only the sections that you
select will be included in your copy of the news magazine.  Subscribe at
http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe
(c) 2003 System News, Inc.   http://www.systemnews.com
0
John
2/28/2004 12:10:26 AM
comp.sys.sun.announce 8708 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

SN#12276 Sun Supports Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 72 Issue 3 2004-02-16 Article 12276 from section "Entry Level Servers" Complement to Sun Fire[TM] V20z Server Sun is offering Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 to complement the recently announced Sun Fire[TM] V20z server (see article [12304]). These Linux products are fully 64-bit enabled for the AMD64 architecture (Opteron), and they provide a large addressable memory capability. Sun offers customers a choice of operating systems and platforms to provide flexibility for development and deployment. Sun is offering standard distributions of Linux that will be tightly integrated with the Sun Java[TM] Enterprise System to complement the Solaris[TM] Operating System (Solaris OS) product line and extend the reach of Sun's end-to-end infrastructure. This provides customers with the flexibility to choose the right hardware platform for their business solution. The Red Hat and SuSE Linux distributions have bundled right to use (RTU) licenses for one or three years. The software support subscriptions have the following levels of support: - Software Only Support, Basic, for Linux OSs: Maintenance support by Sun Services (SuSE SLES only) - Sun Software Standard Support: 12 x 5 support by Sun Services - Sun Softw...

SN#11153 Sun Offers Media-less Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 #2
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 68 Issue 4 2003-10-20 Article 11153 from section "Software" Solution Provides Greater Choice, Flexibility Aiming to offer increased flexibility to customers, Sun is introducing four new part numbers that allow enterprises, ISVs and OEMs to purchase Red Hat Enterprise Linux with the one year service subscription, but without media. This should allow customers to meet their individual requirements when purchasing Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Sun provides customers with a choice of operating systems so that it can better offer solution flexibility for development and deployment. This also allows the customer to better capitalize on the strength and market penetration of existing platforms and leverage community efforts. The offerings from Sun include a standard distribution of Linux from Red Hat that will be integrated with the Sun[TM] Open Net Environment (Sun ONE) product family and Java[TM] technology software. This should complement the Solaris[TM] Operating System (Solaris OS). Red Hat Linux solutions include: - Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS: This product is the "top-of-the-line" version and is available in both Standard and Premium support. It includes clustering and load balancing. - Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES: This product is the ...

Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot Linux v9.0 [3 CDs]. Redhat Enterprise Linux ES v3.0 REPACK [4 CDs]. Mandrake Linux 9.2 [3 CDs]
Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot Linux v9.0 [3 CDs]. Redhat Enterprise Linux ES v3.0 REPACK [4 CDs]. Mandrake Linux 9.2 [3 CDs] - new ! If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up with anything ...., and for 14,000 more reasons, please send e-mail, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr, tel2003@pathfinder.gr, astra35@pathfinder.gr, ########################################################################## # Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: cola@stump.algebra.com # # PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION. # # This group is archived at http://stump.algebra.com/~cola/ # ########################################################################## ...

[...]

Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot Linux v9.0 [3 CDs]. Redhat Enterprise Linux ES v3.0 REPACK [4 CDs]. Mandrake Linux 9.2 [3 CDs] - new ! If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up with anything ...., and for 14,000 more reasons, please send e-mail, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr, tel2003@pathfinder.gr, astra35@pathfinder.gr, On 29 Nov 2003 04:26:12 -0800, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr (TEL) wrote: > Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot .... what??? is 'Red Hot' [sic] a new distro? .. -- /// Michael J. Tobler: motorcyclist, surfer, skydiver, \\\ \\\ and author: "...

[...]

Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot Linux v9.0 [3 CDs]. Redhat Enterprise Linux ES v3.0 REPACK [4 CDs]. Mandrake Linux 9.2 [3 CDs] - new ! If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up with anything ...., and for 14,000 more reasons, please send e-mail, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr, tel2003@pathfinder.gr, astra35@pathfinder.gr, TEL <tel4@ath.forthnet.gr> wrote: > Red Hot Linux v9.0 [2 DVDs]. Red Hot Linux v9.0 [3 CDs]. Redhat > Enterprise Linux ES v3.0 REPACK [4 CDs]. Mandrake Linux 9.2 [3 CDs] - > new ! > If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up ...

[...]

WTS: Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 and Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9
WTS: Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 and Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9 A customer of mine just received some new sealed boxes of the below.. If you are interested in buying this, please email your offer to buyonet@hotmail.com and I will get the quantities. Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9 ...

WTS: Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 and Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9
WTS: Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 and Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9 A customer of mine just received some new sealed boxes of the below.. If you are interested in buying this, please email your offer to buyonet@hotmail.com and I will get the quantities. Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9 ...

Lineox Enterprise Linux 2.1 Released with Always Current Version and Update Service for Lineox and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1
30. Aug. 2004 Lineox Enterprise Linux 2.1 is compiled from sources available from ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/2.1AS/en/os/i386/SRPMS. The only packages that were altered are redhat-logos and anaconda. This makes Lineox Enterprise Linux 2.1 highly compatible with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 AS. Always Current Lineox Enterprise Linux 2.1.007 contains all available updates including Update 5. Lineox has reserved lower version numbers to older Update levels and we may make Always Current versions based on these if there is enough customer demand because some commercial software packages are supported only on certain Update levels. Main reason for making Lineox Enterprise Linux 2.1 was to create a platform on which to build updated packages from source packages published by Red Hat, Inc. which continue to be available up to May 31 2009. Lineox self plans to use these packages to keep some of our servers updated, which are still running Red Hat 7.2 based Spectra Linux 1.1. This is very painless migration because Lineox Enterprise Linux 2.1 is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 and that in turn on Red Hat 7.2. Most painless transfer is however using our affordable Update Service on existing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 systems. Lineox doesn't offer any other support than package updates, but in most cases that is all what up and running systems need. Availability, Pricing Lineox Enterprise Linux 2.1 is a...

SN#10054 Sun Distributes Red Hat Enterprise Linux
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 64 Issue 2 2003-06-09 Article 10054 from section "Software" Third-party Solution will Replace Sun[TM] Linux 5.0 Platform Sun[TM] Linux 5.0 platform is being replaced by the new distribution of Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS, WS and ES, which will now ship with new and existing x86 systems from Sun. Sun will also provide support, training and professional services for these products. The new partnership recently signed by Sun and Red Hat allows Sun to redistribute and support Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Sun has gained a strong relationship with a top tier Linux distribution vendor through this partnership; IDC estimates Red Hat's Linux server operating environment market share at 70 percent. The Red Hat product offered by Sun will be identical to that offered by other Red Hat distributors. As such, three versions will be available: - Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS: This platform is intended to be the top-of-the-line Enterprise Linux solution. It supports the largest x86-compatible servers and is designed for large departmental and datacenter server deployments. - Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES: This platform is designed as an entry-level and mid-range server operating system solution for the x86-compatible market. - Red Hat...

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versi...

Refurbished Sun Enterprise Servers from Sun Microsystems and Sun Server Hard Drives #2
EOL Hard drives has quality Refurbished Sun Enterprise Servers available on this store.Please give us a call if you want our technical sales expert to assist you to find the perfect refurbished Sun equipment that will meet your computing and networking hardware requirement. Eolharddrives.com has vast collection of sun server hard drives for different sun server. We have blade hard drives, fire hard drives, netra hard drives and many more for your server. We also provide sun enterprise hard drives and java workstation hard drive at discount price. Sun Servers and Internet infrastr...

Refurbished Sun Enterprise Servers from Sun Microsystems and Sun Server Hard Drives #3
EOL Hard drives has quality Refurbished Sun Enterprise Servers available on this store.Please give us a call if you want our technical sales expert to assist you to find the perfect refurbished Sun equipment that will meet your computing and networking hardware requirement. Eolharddrives.com has vast collection of sun server hard drives for different sun server. We have blade hard drives, fire hard drives, netra hard drives and many more for your server. We also provide sun enterprise hard drives and java workstation hard drive at discount price. Sun Servers and Internet infrastr...

A newbie
Hi guys: I would like to learn how to use Linux now! Could you please tell me what differences between Red Hat Linux 9 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux are? As a discontinued product, Red Hat Linux 9 is more economically efficient...since I am just want to learn the basic concept about it now, is it OK for me to practise Red Hat Linux 9 first, rather than buying Red Hat Enterprise Linux? Are they similar for a newbie? Thanks Fei On 2006-11-17, joey_qf@163.com <joey_qf@163.com> wrote: > I would like to learn how to use Linux now! Could you please tell me > what differences between Red Hat Linux 9 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux > are? 10 years and a different license. > now, is it OK for me to practise Red Hat Linux 9 first, rather than > buying Red Hat Enterprise Linux? start by reading some documentation first, www.tldp.org is that way --> Davide -- Some drink from the Fountain of Knowledge. Others just gargle. -- Dave Aronson And some pee in it. -- moc.oohay joey_qf@163.com wrote: > I would like to learn how to use Linux now! Could you please tell me > what differences between Red Hat Linux 9 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux > are? As a discontinued product, Red Hat Linux 9 is more economically > efficient...since I am just want to learn the basic concept about it > now, is it OK for me to practise Red Hat Linux 9 first, rather than > buying Red Hat Enterprise Linux? Are they similar for a newbi...

A newbie
Hi guys: I would like to learn how to use Linux now! Could you please tell me what differences between Red Hat Linux 9 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux are? As a discontinued product, Red Hat Linux 9 is more economically efficient...since I am just want to learn the basic concept about it now, is it OK for me to practise Red Hat Linux 9 first, rather than buying Red Hat Enterprise Linux? Are they similar for a newbie? Thanks Fei On 2006-11-17, Fei <joey_qf@163.com> wrote: > efficient...since I am just want to learn the basic concept about it The difference between RH and RHE is $$...

[URGENT] Config_Test fails ace version 5.2 on Itanium + Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 3)
Hi, I'm not a very expert of ACE+TAO. I have to setup the version 5.2 (not higher) on an Itanium64 RH AS3 server. I've just downloaded the source code from the site and compiled it, following the documentation instruction. After i run tests, i got the problem reported in the following log. Does anyone can help me? Thanks in advance, Luca Here is the log: Dec 21 11:07:55.481 2008@LM_DEBUG@(13754|2305843009213886448) Starting Config_Test test at Sun Dec 21 2008 11:07:55.481935 Dec 21 11:07:55.482 2008@LM_DEBUG@The objects should equal... Dec 21 11:07:55.482 2008@LM...

Web resources about - SN#12276 Sun Supports Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 #2 - comp.sys.sun.announce

Enterprise Apps Today - CRM, business intelligence and ERP news and research
News and research on CRM, business intelligence, ERP, supply chain management and other enterprise applications.

The Enterprise, MA News - Brockton, MA - The Enterprise
Was Keith Luke insane when he went on a rampage in Brockton on Jan. 21, 2009, killing two people and wounding another? Catch up on what people ...

VoIP Business, VoIP Technology, VoIP Security - Fierce Enterprise Communications
Visit FierceVoIP for the latest updates in VoIP business, unified communications, VoIP technology, mobile VoIP, VoIP security and more VoIP news. ...

HP Enterprise Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HP Enterprise Services is the global business and technology services division of Hewlett Packard 's HP Enterprise Business strategic business ...

Defence department votes no on enterprise agreement by less than 2 per cent
Public servants at the Defence Department vote to reject pay offer by wafer-thin margin.

Samsung Begins to Ship 15.36 TB SSD for Enterprise Storage Systems
Samsung on Thursday introduced its new lineup of high-capacity SSDs for enterprises. The new Samsung PM1633a family of drives includes the world’s ...

HP Enterprise Climbs On Upbeat Q1, Full-Year Forecast
Hewlett Packard Enterprise ( HPE ) is rising after reporting a better-than-expected first quarter. The company said it earned 41 cents a share, ...

Netskope launches threat protection for enterprise cloud apps
... or via a customer's existing SIEM solution. "With the constantly evolving landscape of malware, ransomware and other threats to the enterprise, ...

Hewlett Packard Enterprise beats on profits, stock climbs in after hours trading
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise has released its Q1 2016 earnings, its first full quarter results since HP split into two companies. HPE is the part ...

NTT Communications Enhances Enterprise Cloud to Accelerate Digital Transformation
NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), the ICT solutions and international communications business within the NTT Group (NYSE:NTT), announced ...