SN#12788 Java[TM] DataBase Connectivity API Features in Oracle 10g Database

SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS
Vol 74 Issue 2 2004-04-12  Article 12788 from section "Developer's Section"

     Tutorial on Concepts and Usage

        The Oracle Technology Network provides a tutorial that outlines the
        features of Java[TM] DataBase Connectivity (JDBC[TM]) technology in
        relation to the new enhancements that they bring to the Oracle 10g
        database. The tutorial evaluates Web RowSets, Connection Cache, and
        Named Parameters, IEEE datatypes -- BINARY_DOUBLE and BINARY_FLOAT,
        and PL/SQL Index-by Tables.

        Each section in the tutorial covers topics such as concepts,
        design, required software, setup and application usage.

Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/74/2/opt-dev/?12788#12788

Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you
via email each week in PDF, text or HTML.  Only the sections that you
select will be included in your copy of the news magazine.  Subscribe at
http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe
(c) 2004 System News, Inc.   http://www.systemnews.com
0
John
4/18/2004 1:33:43 PM
comp.sys.sun.announce 8708 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

SN#10373 Tutorial on Java[TM] DataBase Connectivity API Database Access
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 65 Issue 2 2003-07-07 Article 10373 from section "Java Technology" "Keeping Simple Things Simple" The tutorial on Java[TM] DataBase Connectivity (JDBC[TM]) API Database Access by Maydene Fisher covers the basics of the API features of version 2.0. Fisher states, "The JDBC API was designed to keep simple things simple. This means that the JDBC API makes everyday database tasks, like simple SELECT statements, very easy." This trail (section in the tutorial) is divided into two lessons, JDBC Basics and New Features in the JDBC 2.0 API: JDBC Basics covers the JDBC 1.0 API, which is included in Java[TM] Development Kit (JDK[TM]) 1.1. The second part covers the JDBC 2.0 API, which is part of the JDK 1.2 release. The basics are: getting started with the download, setting up a database (the coffeebreak example is used), establishing a connection with the DBMS, setting up tables and how to use them. In the New Features section of the tutorial the topics covered include: how to move the cursor in a scrollable result set, how to update result sets using the JDBC 2.0 API and how to make batch updates. Also covered is: SQL3 datatypes and how to use them in an application written in the Java programming language. The JDBC 2.0 API provides interfaces that...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

SN#14984 Sun and Oracle Announce Database Packs
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 90 Issue 4 2005-08-22 Article 14984 from section "News" Offers Oracle Database 10g on Sun Fire[TM] x64 Servers Sun and Oracle have announced Database Packs that offer pre-configured infrastructure solutions to help customers with rapid and successful deployments. These configurations are aimed at providing cost-effective, high performance and enterprise-level reliability at price points for the small- and medium-sized business. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=14984 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe (c) 2005 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

Database Toolbox
I need to connect a MATLAB application I am writing to an Oracle database (both 10 and 11) to acquire data from the tables stored there. While I am experienced in MATLAB, I have no prior experience with working with databases, however, I have read a few of the other posts on the MATLAB newsgroup regarding subject. I would like confirm how to connect to an Oracle database. I know that the connection command for the database toolbox is: conn = database('<Database Instance>','<username>,'<password>','oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver','jdbc:or...

SN#17047 How to Switch Databases in Sun Java[TM] System Portal Server
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 103 Issue 4 2006-09-25 Article 17047 from section "Sun Java System" Swapping Oracle for Derby Su Myong and Marina Sum have written a helpful guide for deploying the collaboration capability of Sun Java[TM] System Portal Server 7.1 in the production environment of an enterprise-scale community. The piece is entitled "Switching to Enterprise-Scale Databases in Sun Java System Portal Server for Collaboration." The full text is available online. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=17047 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe (c) 2005 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

SN#12807 Sun Java[TM] Studio Creator Early Access Release and Databases
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 74 Issue 3 2004-04-19 Article 12807 from section "Developer's Section" Resources Answer Developers' Frequently Asked Questions PointBase database comes with the early access release of the Sun Java[TM] Studio Creator application development tool for evaluation and testing purposes. It is the only database currently supported by the early release of this application development tool. In the future, developers will have this functionality available for all major database vendors. For developers building test applications that access production databases, JDBC[TM] API (JDBC driver) from DataDirect works with a variety of databases. A free evaluation download of these drivers is available from the DataDirect Web site. For information regarding integrating third-party database drivers with the Sun Java Studio Creator, including DataDirect drivers, the Sun Java Studio Creator Database Driver Integration Note is available. The early access release of the Sun Java Studio Creator application development tool incorporates the first release of production JavaServer[TM] Faces technology, making for greater performance and coding efficiency. The product also includes: - Sun Java[TM] Enterprise System runtime to allow developers to qui...

SN#10953 Sun Offers Oracle Database 10g Customers Multiple Platform Capability
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 67 Issue 2 2003-09-08 Article 10953 from section "Oracle" Available for Solaris[TM] Operating System, Linux and Solaris OS (x86 Platform Edition) Sun now offers Oracle Database 10g customers multiple UNIX[R]-based platforms -- the Solaris[TM] Operating System (Solaris OS) and UltraSPARC[R] processor; Linux-based systems; and, for the first time, Solaris OS (x86 Platform Edition) based systems -- to help businesses reduce cost and lay the foundation for the data center of the future. Sun is also continuing the joint development of Sun N1[TM] technology integration with Oracle, aiming to reduce cost and complexity at both the infrastructure and application levels and extend choice, value and enterprise-level features in the low-cost computing space. In addition to the three systems mentioned above, Oracle Database 10g will run on the Sun N1[TM] Provisioning Server 3.0 Blades Edition, which is the industry's first blade virtualization solution. As a component of the management environment for the Sun Fire[TM] Blade Platform, it enables users to rapidly design, configure, provision and scale blade-based server farms automatically. To help customers stay focused on their business rather than their data center, Sun systematically addresses interoperability and performanc...

SN#18172 Surviving Sun Java[TM] System Calendar Server Database Corruption
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 112 Issue 1 2007-06-04 Article 18172 from section "Software" BigAdmin[SM] Article Details Diagnosis, Repair and Recovery If you manage Sun Java[TM] System Calendar Server 6.x database operations, you may be interested in a BigAdmin[SM] feature article that describes how to diagnose corruption in a Sun Java System Calendar Server calendar database, and then repair and recover it. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=18172 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe (c) 2005 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

SN#17235 Increase Manageability of Oracle 9i and 10g RAC on Solaris[TM] OS with Sun[TM] Cluster Advanced Edition for Oracle RAC
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 105 Issue 1 2006-10-30 Article 17235 from section "Software" Get High Availability and Performance Sun[TM] Cluster Advanced Edition for Oracle RAC provides enterprises with increased manageability for Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) deployments on the Sun Java[TM] Availability Suite for both SPARC[R] and x64 platforms. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=17235 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe (c) 2005 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

is OCI API for accessing Oracle database, and Oracle RAC (database cluster) same or different?
Hi, My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my application? Thanks in advance, Ramakrishna. On 14 Jun 2006 23:41:29 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. >Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of >configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or >different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking >the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my >application? > >Thanks in advance, >Ramakrishna. It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand Bakker wrote: > > It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. > > -- > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi Sybrand, Thanks for giving reply on this. Can you please elaborate your response. Is Instance parameters mean Global Database Name, user name and password? Thanks, Ramakrishna. On 15 Jun 2006 01:37:28 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: > >Sybrand Bakker wrote...

Oracle JDBC connect problems-ojdbc6.jar using Native Java commands OK from Matlab,but database toolbox not working -pls help with database toolbox configuration
Hi, I am having some trouble using oracle and jdbc drivers. When I use the native java commands it works from Matlab and I can connect to a database, here is how I do this: javaaddpath('T:\tmp\ojdbc6.jar') aa = oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource() aa.setDriverType('thin') aa.setNetworkProtocol('tcp') aa.setDatabaseName('TESTDB') aa.setServerName('192.0.0.1') aa.setPortNumber(1521) aa.setUser('testuser') aa.setPassword('testpassword') aa.setServiceName('TESTING') conn = aa.getConnection() stmt = conn.createState...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database...

SN#22351 Sun Oracle Database Machine with Sun FlashFire Technology
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 139 Issue 3 2009-09-19 Article 22351 from section "News" First Database Machine for OLTP Sun and Oracle introduced the first database machine for online transaction processing (OLTP) called the Sun Oracle Database Machine or Oracle Exadata Version 2. It is based on Sun hardware, including FlashFire technology, along with Oracle Database 11g Release 2 and Oracle Exadata Storage Server Software Release 11.2. Designed to significantly speed up OLTP, data warehousing, and mixed database workloads, the companies claim this latest version is twice as fast as Version 1 for data warehousing. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=22351 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe Free 4-week trial is available. (c) 2008 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

Cannot connect to Oracle 10g database
From SQL PLus, I cannot connect to our Oracle 10g database. The following errors shows up in the SQL-Plus. ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor The same error comes even after a day, the database had been started. Database start fine without any errors, when it is started from Services. The emoms.log shows the following errors. 2008-04-22 17:28:20,234 [HttpRequestHandler-24044524] ERROR conn.ConnectionService verifyRepositoryEx.434 - Invalid Connection Pool. ERROR = Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12514, TN...

SN#13403 Sun Java[TM] System Application Server Or Sun Java[TM] System Web Server?
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 77 Issue 2 2004-07-12 Article 13403 from section "Sun Java System" Article Answers Which One to Use in Which Situation A technical article on the Sun Developers Web site compares the Sun Java[TM] System Application Server (formerly known as Sun[TM] ONE Application Server) to the Sun Java[TM] System Web Server (formerly known as Sun[TM] ONE Web Server), weighing out the differences between the two and recommending the one to choose in a variety of situations. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=13403 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe (c) 2004 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

Can you import an Oracle 10G database into a 9I database
Good afternoon, I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks, Chris Boerman cboerman@comcast.net schreef: > Good afternoon, > > I am curious if it is possible to import an Oracle 10g database into > an oracle 9i instance. Any suggestions/thoughts? > > Thanks, > Chris Boerman > Of course. It's called downgrading. Or, if you do not want to downgrade, only if you're: 1) skillful 2) lucky You must be lucky, or I would not be answering this. Ever read the "New Features si...

Web resources about - SN#12788 Java[TM] DataBase Connectivity API Features in Oracle 10g Database - comp.sys.sun.announce

TE Connectivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TE Connectivity Ltd. designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial ...

Mark Zuckerberg Goes Into Detail On Facebook Connectivity Lab, Internet.org
Perhaps Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is just a wee bit excited about the Connectivity Lab , the initiative aimed at using high-altitude ...

The power of connectivity
By Keven McCammon, site data center manager, Facebook Forest City Data Center Today we announced that we’re partnering with the Town of Forest ...

Facebook, Internet.org launch Connectivity Lab
... CEO Mark Zuckerberg shed some light on the company’s acquisition of drone-maker Titan Aerospace, announcing the launch of Facebook’s Connectivity ...

Samsung Galaxy S3: Connectivity demo - USB OTG, MHL, bluetooth keyboards/mice, games controllers - YouTube ...
AndroidNZ.net - the best source for Galaxy S3 content! For navigation in the video use these links: USB Pendrive @0:55, 500GB portable drive ...

Mid-2012 MacBook Airs offer improved performance and connectivity
Believe it or not, it's been nearly four and a half years since Apple released the original MacBook Air. At the time, it was revolutionary in ...

Connectivity is key in society
They’re billing it as the place where Lewisham meets Summer Hill meets the city – and with good reason.

BMW to launch new connectivity service
Soon your car will notify the dealer when it’s due for a service. BMW Australia will introduce a new suite of in-car connectivity apps in its ...

The key to a successful hybrid cloud infrastructure? Flexible connectivity
It's becoming increasingly clear that - for most organisations - taking a 'hybrid' approach to cloud adoption makes sound business sense.

Facebook Connectivity Lab promotes access to Internet in remote areas - CTV News
Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites. ...