wanted: drive sled for 611 external hard drive

i have a sun 611 external hard drive enclosure lacking the drive sled/tray
or whatever you want to call it. anyone have one for sale or trade?
--
getting out of bed in the morning is an act of false confidence
					- jules feifer

In article <11eno64cpl52899@corp.supernews.com>,
Arthur Wouk <awouk@syzygy.nilenet.com> wrote:
>i have a sun 611 external hard drive enclosure lacking the drive sled/tray
>or whatever you want to call it. anyone have one for sale or trade?

	You mean what the FEH calls a SPARCstorage UniPack?  According
to the same FEH, that is simply called a "mounting bracket", and the Sun
part number is 340-3222 for disk and for tape drives.

	No hits on eBay at the moment.  Perhaps you should check with
Sun.  They're probably not that expensive.

	Good Luck,
		DoN.

--
 Email:   <dnichols@d-and-d.com>   | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
dnichols (496)

Arthur Wouk wrote:

>i have a sun 611 external hard drive enclosure lacking the drive sled/tray
>or whatever you want to call it. anyone have one for sale or trade?

0
ron4634 (10)

External Hard Drive (USB) recognizes hardware but not drives
I pulled a IBM Travelstar disk from a T21 (I know it works fine, the problem on the laptop was with the motherboard). I connected it to a Argosy HD260 external hard disk case (USB connection). On connecting to an XP box, the system recognizes an IBM-DJSA-220 USB Device, but no drive letter appear (the disk was used on Win2K, so I assume it is NTFS, and has two partitions). How can I see the two volumes on the disk to access the data? Thanks <aribloch@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164540238.912622.152430@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > I pulled a IBM Travelstar disk from a T21 (I know it works fine, the > problem on the laptop was with the motherboard). I connected it to a > Argosy HD260 external hard disk case (USB connection). On connecting to > an XP box, the system recognizes an IBM-DJSA-220 USB Device, but no > drive letter appear (the disk was used on Win2K, so I assume it is > NTFS, and has two partitions). > > How can I see the two volumes on the disk to access the data? > > Thanks aribloch: These USB external HDD non-recognition problems in the XP environment have been a source of continuing irritation (not to say aggravation) to many of us. For what it's worth we've put together a kind of checklist for troubleshooting this kind of problem which I've listed below. But before getting to them you might want to try the following... I'm assuming your reference ...

Using an internal hard drive as an external hard drive
I have 2 internal disks that I have taken out from a PC that has failed me after 6 years of use. I now am using an HP notebook, and I need data from these 2 disks that I wanted to copy to my laptop ... or possibly use these 2 disks as some sort of temporary storage. In my previous work, we had some kind of caddy / container for hard disks, you place the hard disk inside, and it has some minimal wirings to allow you to plug-in power to the hard disk, and some cable to attach for the data ( like the flat ribbon inside the PC ). However, I do not know what this is called and therefore don't...

Premade external hard drive or internal hard drive with enclosure?
Hi, My WD mybook external hardrive died, and now i need a new one for my laptop (which has th elaptop firewire conneciton, which isn't the same as the pc firewire connection that most external harddrives come with, thus need to use usb) So I'm thinking of getting the following toshiba 320 gb external ( see link below). However I have also been considering getting a regular internal harddrive and enclosure. would this be better in terms of reliability and speed? How difficult is this to set up? If this is better any recommendations for a 300-500 gb drive and enclosure? T...

Duplicating internal hard drive to external drive
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I want to purchase a higher capacity hard drive and have it replace my existing one. I would like to make a bootable copy of my existing one by using my external USB drive enclosure. My plan is to place the new drive in this enclosure and use Powerquest Drive Image 7 to copy my existing drive to the new one, then removing the existing with the new one Will this work? I know Drive Image will let me dup from internal to internal (primary to slave),but it's not clear whether I can use its copy disk option to go to an external drive...

How to back up a Thinkpad hard drive to external drive?
My Thinkpad arrived, and the 40 Gb drive has only 30 Gb useable, the rest apparently being devoted to a hidden partition used for system recovery. Is there any site out there which explains just how this partition is laid out, and how one would go about backing up the entire drive? Or, do you have to back up the hidden partition separately from the one labeled "IBM_PRELOAD (C:)"? Apparently there is 10 GB of reserved space on the drive. I was wondering how others handle their backups. I now use a large external firewire drive to back up all the other machines to separate partit...

How do I create a startup drive on an external firewire Hard drive?
I want to be able to start up from the external drive when there is trouble. Thanks in advance. Alby Jones <alby@harvard.edu> wrote: > I want to be able to start up from the external drive when there is > trouble. Just install an OS on the drive. That's all there is to it. -- <http://designsbymike.biz/macconsultshop.shtml> Mac-themed T-shirts <http://designsbymike.biz/musings.shtml> Mostly muckraking T-shirts <http://designsbymike.biz/prius.shtml> Prius shirts & bumper stickers <http://cafepress.com/comedancing> Ballroom dance-themed shirts &...

need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe fileneed help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file
need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file. my avg anti virus can detect it as trojan horse dropper agent.mqp. i dont want to remove the exe file yet because im afraid my files will be removed as well. can anyone give me another way to recover the files? -- wewet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wewet's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/100316.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/virus-spyware/1184791.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

can I use desktop hard drive as external laptop drive?
Hi. My mom gave me her old compaq presario 1200 because my desktop motherboard burnt out and I couldn't afford to fix it. The hard drive in my laptop is very small, and all of my old files are still on the hard drive from my desktop, which still is in good condition. Is there a way to connect the old hard drive (it's an internal drive)to my laptop? thanks, Kristie yes, get an external drive box for about $40, they make in USB or FWire connection, or both. I did it, works great. -- Dennis Savatski "Kristie" <kjd183@psu.edu> wrote in message news:8c9b4541.0401221503...

Replacing Hard Drive in MAXTOR One Touch External Drive
Hi, I have a 300 gig Maxtor One touch external drive. I works fine but I need more space. Rather than buying a whole new external drive, I would like to switch the actual hard drive for something bigger, like 500Gigs while keeping the same housing. I've opened the housing and see the current drive is called 'Maxtor Maxline II'. Does anyone know what the significance of 'Maxline 2' ? Is it more durable? More importantly, does anyone know if I can switch the drive with a standard Maxtor 500 gig HD with no negative side effects. I don't care if the '...

drive to drive
if you plan to be your own manual raid, drive to drive copy, then is there any advantage to pairing drive manufacturer & model? webwalker@68z28.com wrote: > if you plan to be your own manual raid, drive to drive copy, then is > there any advantage to pairing drive manufacturer & model? No. However there is the usual disadvantage, namely a higher probability of simultaneous failure. Arno -- Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno@wagner.name GnuPG: ID: 1E25338F FP: 0C30 5782 9D93 F785 E79C 0296 797F 6B50 1E25 338F ---- Cuddly UI...

Toshiba 80G hard drive in Pismo and boot from external drive
I just installed a Toshiba 80G hard drive in a Pismo (Powerbook G3 Firewire). Everything works fine except that I cannot boot the machine from an external firewire drive anymore. If I press option at startup, Firewire drives do not appear as a choice and the watch cursor never turns into an arrow. If I use Startup Disk to choose an external drive as the startup disk, the choice is accepted but the boot process freezes on a grey screen with no icon in the middle. The machine has the latest firmware (4.18f5). Both options worked just fine with my previous drive (IBM 30G). On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:25:05 -0800, Mats Weber wrote (in article <matsw-B1090D.19250521012004@sicinfo.epfl.ch>): > I just installed a Toshiba 80G hard drive in a Pismo (Powerbook G3 > Firewire). Everything works fine except that I cannot boot the machine > from an external firewire drive anymore. I'll ask the obvious: Reset PRAM? Reset power controller? -- DaveC me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group In article <0001HW.BC376D1C00776EADF03055B0@news.individual.net>, DaveC <me@privacy.net> wrote: >On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:25:05 -0800, Mats Weber wrote >(in article <matsw-B1090D.19250521012004@sicinfo.epfl.ch>): > >> I just installed a Toshiba 80G hard drive in a Pismo (Powerbook G3 >> Firewire). Everything works fine except that I cannot boot the machine >> from an external firewire drive ...

Turn an internal iMac G3 hard drive into an external drive?
I am hopelessly ignorant when it comes to hardware... I have a perfectly good 40gig hard drive in my G3 iMac going to waste, while I'm running out of room on my G5 iMac. Is there any way to turn my G3's internal drive into an external drive for my G5? I've read about enclosures that do this in general, but is there one that would work for this specific purpose (i.e. Mac compatible, and for the G3's hard disk, more specifically)? I'd appreciate any advice anyone might have! Also, I have no idea what 'size' the G3's drive is (for example 3.5", ...

Drive A Not Drive A??
Hi I just got an old IDE zip 100 drive. On the back, it's label for the jumpers is split into 2 boxes, labelled "Not Drive A" and "Drive A". Each box shows three different jumper settings for how to set the drive to slave/master/cable. So in other words, there's six jumper settings on the back. Three for "Drive A" - master/slave/cable and three for "Not Drive A" - master/slave/cable which are different. What does "Drive A" or "Not Drive A" mean? I don't know which jumper settings diagram is right... In arti...

Wiping Sun hard drives on other hardware?
My company has received some un-wiped Sun hard drives (model MAB3045SC). I have been asked to find a way to wipe them, however, we do not have a Sun system. Is there a way that these can be wiped on a system other than a Sun system? Thanks Craig csturdiv at hotmail.com csturdivant at arlingtoncp.com Craig Sturdivant wrote: > My company has received some un-wiped Sun hard drives (model MAB3045SC). I > have been asked to find a way to wipe them, however, we do not have a Sun > system. Is there a way that these can be wiped on a system other than a Sun > system? > > Tha...

new hard drive + old hard drive
I think I need you guys help here. My old custom-built computer's hard drive is running out of space and it's messed up and registry doesn't look good. I was given used 20GB and try to install as local(bootable) hard drive(C:) and want to use old hard drive(13GB) as back-up storage(F:) I have XP installed now and have a CD for XP and want to clean install on new 20GB. I know to how to hook up and set up master and slave and configure bios etc and install XP with clean installation. What I want to find out is I want to use the program in old hard drive. As far as I know,I...

want to install old hard drive on newe pc as secondary drive
My brother is sending me his pc. It has Win XP installed as it's operating system. It also has a slot for a secondary IDE. I am currently using a pc with Win 98. And was wondering what the step by steps are on installing my old hard drive on the newer pc? Does the operating system have to be installed? Please be as specific as possible. Oh and he did reformat the drive for me, also. Thanx in advance, Deb magoo2u <dfoley2318@aol-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:428f9aba$1_3@alt.athenanews.com... > My brother is sending me his pc. It has Win XP in...

External Hard Drive Partial Failure
I own a LaCie 500GB triple interface external hard drive. I use it to backup my G4 iMac every night using SuperDuper! via Firewire. One of the two Maxtor 250GB internal drives failed. I don't want to get rid of this unit, so I'm exploring options to continue using it. If I remove the failed 250GB hard drive from the LaCie enclosure, will the unit work properly with only the remaining good 250GB hard drive in place, albeit at half of the capacity (ie. 233GB formatted)? If so, will removing the failed drive, and running only the remaining good drive in the enclosure, affect th...

Seagate GoFlex Satelite Drive external hard drive works with iPad.....
I just purchased a goflex satellite drive for my kid to use with her iPad 1. Using the goflex media software to sync files to the hard drive is extremely easy, will try and see how iTunes works with it. You need to install the goflex sat iPad app and it also works with apps like Oplayer allowing the wireless streaming of files or you can transfer files back and fourth over wifi. With today's large external drives coming down in price, the 199.99 price for only 500 MB is a little steep. But it is worth it. In the box" wifi external hard drive USB 3.0 data cable and do...

Want: External removable [DOCK] Hard Drive
On my win98SE PC I have an internal Mobile Dock that allows me to insert from front bay any size 3.5 inch IDE hard drive into this Dock. I am looking for, with no success, an external hard drive enclosure that will allow me to change hard drives like the internal Dock allows. Need vendors who supply this. Thank you, Dave_s Dave_s <group78@dslextreme.com> wrote in message news:11ac7jaohv1nmbf@corp.supernews.com... > On my win98SE PC I have an internal Mobile Dock that allows me to insert from > front bay any size 3.5 inch IDE hard drive into this Dock. > I ...

Underside hard drive coolers bad for hard drives
Now....I just remembered something. A while ago, I had a problem with my WD hard drive. I sent in for RMA. No problem with that. Now, I have to also send in my Seagate HD as well due to many allocated bad sectors. What seems to be the common link between these two drives is that I used a cheap hard drive cooler, the one you fit on the underside of a hard drive. Could it be possible that the cooler is causing vibration issues and this is causing the hard drive to exhibit problems over time? Frustrated wrote: > Now....I just remembered something. A while ago, ...

Hard Drive Dying
The hard drive in my Mac G3 desktop began making unhealthy sounds, as though a bearing is going. Is there a way for me to "clone" or image this hard drive to a new hard drive? Or will I have to install the new hard drive, format, and reinstall the operating system and programs from scratch? For those of you who might think the wiser course would be to scrap the G3 altogether and move up to something newer, I feel a new hard drive would be a worthwhile fix because the rest of the computer is fine. It is mostly used for word processing, web surfing, and email, so in that respect it i...

copy a program from hard drive to usb hard drive
i want to copy a program that is already installed on my computer to a external usb hard drive to copy to another computer, can anyone help? is there a way or program to do this? thankyou ============== Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups. ...

how to check whether a drive is a network drive or drive from attached hard-disk
Hi, Few very simple questions. Is there a way to detect whether a drive is a mapped network drive or not in Windows? Also, how can I get a list of drive letters currently in use in the system? Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. With regards, -Shailesh shailesh wrote: > Hi, > > Few very simple questions. > > Is there a way to detect whether a drive is a mapped network drive or > not in Windows? > > Also, how can I get a list of drive letters currently in use in the > system? http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/wmi_cookbook.html#find-drive-t...

how hard to replace titanium internal hard drive? How to clone old hard drive onto it?
Hi all - I have a 2001 titanium laptop with a 20 Gig hard drive. The thing is getting too full and I'm toying with the idea of getting a bigger one and replacing it. Questions: 1) how hard is it to do myself? Is it easy to ruin/break something or is it pretty simple to do it right? 2) are there instructions somewhere on-line? 3) are there different brands of drives I can buy? If so, any suggestions for good ones or ones to avoid? and 4) I don't want to re-install the OS, software, preferences, GUI behavior, etc. Is it possible to clone my internal drive onto the new one s...

Web resources about - wanted: drive sled for 611 external hard drive - comp.sys.sun.hardware

Externals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All of the Externals were originally portrayed as immortal and important, playing an extremely major role in the future and Apocalypse 's rise ...

BuzzFeed Tries Out an External Banner Ad
... the NBCUniversal streaming comedy service Seeso, over the weekend. The digital media site has long favored custom-made native ads over external ...

ASUS Booth Tour at CES 2016: 10G Switches, External GPU Dock, USB-C Monitor and more
When ASUS emailed a couple of weeks before CES announcing that they had cancelled their press event for the show, we had a few question marks. ...

AMD wants to standardize the external GPU
But thanks to Thunderbolt 3, hasn't this been done already? AMD hints that it's working on a new external graphics card solution that promises ...

Three external hard drives up to 5TB are on sale at deep discounts on Amazon
... it's always worth considering. Well wouldn't you know it, Amazon is currently offering bigger-than-normal discounts on three different external ...

Tencent to offer facial recognition technologies to external partners free of ...
Biometric Update Tencent to offer facial recognition technologies to external partners free of ... Biometric Update In an effort to improve ...

Crisis management: 70% internal, 30% external
... the importance of that early experience. Today when I talk with executives about crisis management, their focus is almost exclusively external. ...

Merkel on refugee crisis: ‘We need protection of external borders’
“It is good if EU and Turkey share the burden, but we need protection of external borders,” said German Chancellor Angela Merkel on her arrival ...

New Razer Stealth combines ultrabook portability, Thunderbolt-powered Core external GPU
At CES this week, Razer unveiled a new laptop prototype that combines ultrabook portability with the power of an external GPU. The new solution ...