$ZSNMP error.

We are getting the following error in the EMS on daily basis.:
"OSS error in method om_DecodePDU at location 1.  OSS Function:
om_DecodePDU  Error: -5"
Could anybody put some light on how do we get rid of this.
I explored in to the SNMP manuals. It says that the error is that the
process is receiving

-5 - The data being decoded is erroneous. This is a decoding error.
Effect. If the error is fatal, the agent stops running. Messages
associated with
nonfatal errors are discarded.

Is there any possible way to find out which process is sending these
erroneous messages.
comp.sys.tandem 2258 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Prasad wrote:
> We are getting the following error in the EMS on daily basis.:
> "OSS error in method om_DecodePDU at location 1.  OSS Function:
> om_DecodePDU  Error: -5"
> Could anybody put some light on how do we get rid of this.
> I explored in to the SNMP manuals. It says that the error is that the
> process is receiving
>
> -5 - The data being decoded is erroneous. This is a decoding error.
> Effect. If the error is fatal, the agent stops running. Messages
> associated with
> nonfatal errors are discarded.
>
> Is there any possible way to find out which process is sending these
> erroneous messages.

The process ID of the process which sent the event to EMS is included in the EMS event data, and usually is displayed as part of the message display, between the time of the event and the TANDEM.SMP.xxx subsystem ID.  If the way you are viewing events does not show the process ID, you could try viewing the events using EMSDIST, using a command something like this from TACL:

   EMSDIST TYPE P, COLLECTOR $0, TEXTOUT [#MYTERM], TIME 2010-12-1 14:21, STOP 2010-12-1 14:25

That will display to the terminal all the events sent to $0 between 14:21 and 14:25 on December 1st.  Change the date and time to correspond to the time the event you are investigating occurred.

If you want to send the output to the spooler, change TEXTOUT [#MYTERM] to TEXTOUT $S.#LP1 or whatever spooler location you wish.

If the events were sent to an alternate collector, use its name in place of $0.

I know nothing of how the SNMP agent errors are generated.  It might be that the EMS event message is generated and logged by a different process than the one which actually encountered the error, in which case the process ID in the EMS message might not help you much.  Or if the data being processed that is in error was created in process A, then sent to another process B, where this error is detected, the EMS event will have the ID of process B, not process A.  In that case, perhaps you will have to see whether process B provides any other information to help find the origin of the bad data.  Or perhaps other event messages near this one in the log will provide some clue as to the origin of the bad data.

Sometimes EMS events contain additional data that is not formatted in the normal text display.  The detailed description of the event message would say what additional data is included in an event message, but in a quick search, I did not find such detailed description of the SMP events.  In the case of this particular message, it would not surprise me to find that the whole SNMP message that is being decoded is included in the event, but I do not know that it is.

You could check for additional data by using EMSDIST to dump the entire contents of the event message.  You could do that using an EMSDIST command something like:

   EMSDIST TYPE P, COLLECTOR $0, TEXTOUT [#MYTERM], TIME 2010-12-1 14:21, STOP 2010-12-1 14:25, DUMP ON

Without a detailed description of the contents of the event message, you might not be able to tell what the additional data means, but each item from the event message will be formatted separately for you to look at.  The output of event dumps is large, so you probably would want to narrow the time interval given by the TIME and STOP parameters to limit the number of events covered, or create a filter table to use with EMSDIST to select just the SMP events.

I believe there are other tools for viewing the full contents of an event, so if you are familiar with another way, use it.
0
kdick (495)
12/2/2010 3:53:26 PM
On Dec 2, 8:53=A0pm, Keith Dick <kd...@acm.org> wrote:
> Prasad wrote:
> > We are getting the following error in the EMS on daily basis.:
> > "OSS error in method om_DecodePDU at location 1. =A0OSS Function:
> > om_DecodePDU =A0Error: -5"
> > Could anybody put some light on how do we get rid of this.
> > I explored in to the SNMP manuals. It says that the error is that the
> > process is receiving
>
> > -5 - The data being decoded is erroneous. This is a decoding error.
> > Effect. If the error is fatal, the agent stops running. Messages
> > associated with
> > nonfatal errors are discarded.
>
> > Is there any possible way to find out which process is sending these
> > erroneous messages.
>
> The process ID of the process which sent the event to EMS is included in =
the EMS event data, and usually is displayed as part of the message display=
, between the time of the event and the TANDEM.SMP.xxx subsystem ID. =A0If =
the way you are viewing events does not show the process ID, you could try =
viewing the events using EMSDIST, using a command something like this from =
TACL:

> =A0 =A0EMSDIST TYPE P, COLLECTOR $0, TEXTOUT [#MYTERM], TIME 2010-12-1 14=
:21, STOP 2010-12-1 14:25

> That will display to the terminal all the events sent to $0 between 14:21=
 and 14:25 on December 1st. =A0Change the date and time to correspond to th=
e time the event you are investigating occurred.

> If you want to send the output to the spooler, change TEXTOUT [#MYTERM] t=
o TEXTOUT $S.#LP1 or whatever spooler location you wish.

> If the events were sent to an alternate collector, use its name in place =
of $0.

> I know nothing of how the SNMP agent errors are generated. =A0It might be=
 that the EMS event message is generated and logged by a different process =
than the one which actually encountered the error, in which case the proces=
s ID in the EMS message might not help you much. =A0Or if the data being pr=
ocessed that is in error was created in process A, then sent to another pro=
cess B, where this error is detected, the EMS event will have the ID of pro=
cess B, not process A. =A0In that case, perhaps you will have to see whethe=
r process B provides any other information to help find the origin of the b=
ad data. =A0Or perhaps other event messages near this one in the log will p=
rovide some clue as to the origin of the bad data.

> Sometimes EMS events contain additional data that is not formatted in the=
 normal text display. =A0The detailed description of the event message woul=
d say what additional data is included in an event message, but in a quick =
search, I did not find such detailed description of the SMP events. =A0In t=
he case of this particular message, it would not surprise me to find that t=
he whole SNMP message that is being decoded is included in the event, but I=
 do not know that it is.

> You could check for additional data by using EMSDIST to dump the entire c=
ontents of the event message. =A0You could do that using an EMSDIST command=
 something like:

> =A0 =A0EMSDIST TYPE P, COLLECTOR $0, TEXTOUT [#MYTERM], TIME 2010-12-1 14=
:21, STOP 2010-12-1 14:25, DUMP ON

> Without a detailed description of the contents of the event message, you =
might not be able to tell what the additional data means, but each item fro=
m the event message will be formatted separately for you to look at. =A0The=
 output of event dumps is large, so you probably would want to narrow the t=
ime interval given by the TIME and STOP parameters to limit the number of e=
vents covered, or create a filter table to use with EMSDIST to select just =
the SMP events.

> I believe there are other tools for viewing the full contents of an event=
, so if you are familiar with another way, use it.

Thanks Keith,

I went through the SNMP manual and found out that we can alter the the
subsystem TRACE prameter ON through SCF commands to write into the
TRACE file.
Later we can read the Trace file using the PTRACE utility. I tried the
PTRACE on some existing trace files but was not able to understand
whats in it. It would be great If you could help me out to find
whether trace has some relevant information. Mean while I will try the
EMSDIST dump on command to tweak something out.

Below is a sample trace date :-
(Note :- The trace record does not correspond to the actual error
trace. its just a smaple)
11/04/2009 12:31:53.360004 >000.011883 #5              IP Out
Line  4326 of enoutput ( on Oct 25 2008)
Event: 45     Detail: 0D      Object: 3      Data:25
Object : Subnet         SN4
  Dst HW Addr : 00:00:0C:07:AC:01     Src HW Addr : 08:00:8E:07:2D:18
IP Header :  45 00 00 8A 6D 7E 40 00 3C 06 3F B1 23 75 82 12 23 75 C8
42
IP Version: 4   Hdr Len: 20  TTL: 60  TOS: 0    Xsum: 16305   Total
Len: 138
Flags: DF       ID: 28030 at Offset 0     Protocol: 6     (TCP)
Dest IP Address: <ip address>            Source IP Address: <ip
address>              ----- I have masked the iaddresses due to
security restrictions. hope you understand.
TCP Header:  27 16 04 74 33 08 A1 16 EF C9 CE 40 50 18 F0 00 99 5C 00
00
Src Port: 10006 Seq: 856203542     Window: 61440  Offset: 20
UrgPtr: 0
Dst Port: 1140  Ack: 4022980160    Xsum  : 39260  Flags : ACK,PSH

                    Associated Data -    98 bytes
 000:   0060   341C   3030   3035    3939   3730   381C
3242 .`4.000599708.2B
 008:   3543   3041   3636   1C31    3233   1C30   3030   3430
5C0A66.123.00040
 010:   3430   301C   3834   3530    4130   3430   3037   350F
400.8450A040075.
 018:   4040   1C3C   3030   1C65    6139   3130   4134   3034
@@.<00.ea910A404
 020:   3744   3939   4132   3333    3237   3231   3833   3033
7D99A23327218303
 028:   3038   4130   3233   3033    301C   4632   4641   3043
08A023030.F2FA0C
 030:   3133                                                   13

On Dec 3, 2:22=A0pm, Prasad <prasadb3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 2, 8:53=A0pm, Keith Dick <kd...@acm.org> wrote:
>

> > Prasad wrote:
> > > We are getting the following error in the EMS on daily basis.:
> > > "OSS error in method om_DecodePDU at location 1. =A0OSS Function:
> > > om_DecodePDU =A0Error: -5"
> > > Could anybody put some light on how do we get rid of this.
> > > I explored in to the SNMP manuals. It says that the error is that the
> > > process is receiving
>
> > > -5 - The data being decoded is erroneous. This is a decoding error.
> > > Effect. If the error is fatal, the agent stops running. Messages
> > > associated with
> > > nonfatal errors are discarded.
>
> > > Is there any possible way to find out which process is sending these
> > > erroneous messages.
>
> > The process ID of the process which sent the event to EMS is included i=
n the EMS event data, and usually is displayed as part of the message displ=
ay, between the time of the event and the TANDEM.SMP.xxx subsystem ID. =A0I=
f the way you are viewing events does not show the process ID, you could tr=
y viewing the events using EMSDIST, using a command something like this fro=
m TACL:

> > =A0 =A0EMSDIST TYPE P, COLLECTOR $0, TEXTOUT [#MYTERM], TIME 2010-12-1 =
14:21, STOP 2010-12-1 14:25

> > That will display to the terminal all the events sent to $0 between 14:=
21 and 14:25 on December 1st. =A0Change the date and time to correspond to =
the time the event you are investigating occurred.

> > If you want to send the output to the spooler, change TEXTOUT [#MYTERM]=
 to TEXTOUT $S.#LP1 or whatever spooler location you wish.

> > If the events were sent to an alternate collector, use its name in plac=
e of $0.

> > I know nothing of how the SNMP agent errors are generated. =A0It might =
be that the EMS event message is generated and logged by a different proces=
s than the one which actually encountered the error, in which case the proc=
ess ID in the EMS message might not help you much. =A0Or if the data being =
processed that is in error was created in process A, then sent to another p=
rocess B, where this error is detected, the EMS event will have the ID of p=
rocess B, not process A. =A0In that case, perhaps you will have to see whet=
her process B provides any other information to help find the origin of the=
 bad data. =A0Or perhaps other event messages near this one in the log will=
 provide some clue as to the origin of the bad data.

> > Sometimes EMS events contain additional data that is not formatted in t=
he normal text display. =A0The detailed description of the event message wo=
uld say what additional data is included in an event message, but in a quic=
k search, I did not find such detailed description of the SMP events. =A0In=
 the case of this particular message, it would not surprise me to find that=
 the whole SNMP message that is being decoded is included in the event, but=
 I do not know that it is.

> > You could check for additional data by using EMSDIST to dump the entire=
 contents of the event message. =A0You could do that using an EMSDIST comma=
nd something like:

> > =A0 =A0EMSDIST TYPE P, COLLECTOR $0, TEXTOUT [#MYTERM], TIME 2010-12-1 =
14:21, STOP 2010-12-1 14:25, DUMP ON

> > Without a detailed description of the contents of the event message, yo=
u might not be able to tell what the additional data means, but each item f=
rom the event message will be formatted separately for you to look at. =A0T=
he output of event dumps is large, so you probably would want to narrow the=
 time interval given by the TIME and STOP parameters to limit the number of=
 events covered, or create a filter table to use with EMSDIST to select jus=
t the SMP events.

> > I believe there are other tools for viewing the full contents of an eve=
nt, so if you are familiar with another way, use it.

> Thanks Keith,
>
> I went through the SNMP manual and found out that we can alter the the
> subsystem TRACE prameter ON through SCF commands to write into the
> TRACE file.
> Later we can read the Trace file using the PTRACE utility. I tried the
> PTRACE on some existing trace files but was not able to understand
> whats in it. It would be great If you could help me out to find
> whether trace has some relevant information. Mean while I will try the
> EMSDIST dump on command to tweak something out.
>
> Below is a sample trace date :-
> (Note :- The trace record does not correspond to the actual error
> trace. its just a smaple)
> 11/04/2009 12:31:53.360004 >000.011883 #5 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0IP O=
ut
> Line =A04326 of enoutput ( on Oct 25 2008)
> Event: 45 =A0 =A0 Detail: 0D =A0 =A0 =A0Object: 3 =A0 =A0 =A0Data:25
> Object : Subnet =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 SN4
> =A0 Dst HW Addr : 00:00:0C:07:AC:01 =A0 =A0 Src HW Addr : 08:00:8E:07:2D:=
18
> IP Header : =A045 00 00 8A 6D 7E 40 00 3C 06 3F B1 23 75 82 12 23 75 C8
> 42
> IP Version: 4 =A0 Hdr Len: 20 =A0TTL: 60 =A0TOS: 0 =A0 =A0Xsum: 16305 =A0=
 Total
> Len: 138
> Flags: DF =A0 =A0 =A0 ID: 28030 at Offset 0 =A0 =A0 Protocol: 6 =A0 =A0 (=
TCP)
> Dest IP Address: <ip address> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Source IP Address: <=
ip
> address> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0----- I have masked the iaddresses du=
e to
> security restrictions. hope you understand.
> TCP Header: =A027 16 04 74 33 08 A1 16 EF C9 CE 40 50 18 F0 00 99 5C 00
> 00
> Src Port: 10006 Seq: 856203542 =A0 =A0 Window: 61440 =A0Offset: 20
> UrgPtr: 0
> Dst Port: 1140 =A0Ack: 4022980160 =A0 =A0Xsum =A0: 39260 =A0Flags : ACK,P=
SH

> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Associated Data - =A0 =A098 bytes
> =A0000: =A0 0060 =A0 341C =A0 3030 =A0 3035 =A0 =A03939 =A0 3730 =A0 381C
> 3242 .`4.000599708.2B
> =A0008: =A0 3543 =A0 3041 =A0 3636 =A0 1C31 =A0 =A03233 =A0 1C30 =A0 3030=
 =A0 3430
> 5C0A66.123.00040
> =A0010: =A0 3430 =A0 301C =A0 3834 =A0 3530 =A0 =A04130 =A0 3430 =A0 3037=
 =A0 350F
> 400.8450A040075.
> =A0018: =A0 4040 =A0 1C3C =A0 3030 =A0 1C65 =A0 =A06139 =A0 3130 =A0 4134=
 =A0 3034
> @@.<00.ea910A404
> =A0020: =A0 3744 =A0 3939 =A0 4132 =A0 3333 =A0 =A03237 =A0 3231 =A0 3833=
 =A0 3033
> 7D99A23327218303
> =A0028: =A0 3038 =A0 4130 =A0 3233 =A0 3033 =A0 =A0301C =A0 4632 =A0 4641=
 =A0 3043
> 08A023030.F2FA0C
> =A0030: =A0 3133 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 13- Hide quoted text -

I tried the EMSDIST dump command following is the output.

                            Header_type:   %H1
                               Checksum:   F
                             Last_error:   token_not_found  (%HFFF8)
                     Last_error_tkncode:   (%H3,%H4,%HFDE6)  Ldev-
Number
                      Max_field_version:   %H0
                                   SSID:   TANDEM.SMP.G06
                       Used_byte_length:   %H9E
                     Buffer_byte_length:   %H9E
                          Console-Print:   T
                         Generating-CPU:   %HC
                               Emphasis:   F
                           Event-Number:   OSS Error  (%H4)
                  Standard-defined-type:   not-specified  (%H0)
                      User-defined-type:   undefined  (%H0)
                      Event-Hdr-Version:   %H2
                     ZEMS-TKN-FORWARDED:   F
                   Generation-Timestamp:   2010-11-19 20:43:43.549.145
                       Logged-Timestamp:   2010-11-19 20:43:43.580.237
                              Node-Name:   "<node name>"
                            Node-Number:   %H1E
                         Generating-PIN:   %H17B
                     Process-Descriptor:   "<\node.<process name>:
6211189"
                     ZEMS-TKN-REDUNDANT:   F
                       Suppress-Display:   F
                                 Userid:   %HFF %HFE

                           Subject-Mark:
                        ZSMP-TKN-METHOD:*  "om_DecodePDU"
                      ZSMP-TKN-LOCATION:   %H1
                        ZSMP-TKN-METHOD:   "decode"
                         ZSMP-TKN-ERROR:-  %HFFFB

Prasad wrote:
> [...]
> Src Port: 10006 Seq: 856203542     Window: 61440  Offset: 20
> UrgPtr: 0
> Dst Port: 1140  Ack: 4022980160    Xsum  : 39260  Flags : ACK,PSH
>

>                     Associated Data -    98 bytes
>  000:   0060   341C   3030   3035    3939   3730   381C
> 3242 .`4.000599708.2B
>  008:   3543   3041   3636   1C31    3233   1C30   3030   3430
> 5C0A66.123.00040
>  010:   3430   301C   3834   3530    4130   3430   3037   350F
> 400.8450A040075.
>  018:   4040   1C3C   3030   1C65    6139   3130   4134   3034
> @@.<00.ea910A404
>  020:   3744   3939   4132   3333    3237   3231   3833   3033
> 7D99A23327218303
>  028:   3038   4130   3233   3033    301C   4632   4641   3043
> 08A023030.F2FA0C
>  030:   3133                                                   13

I'm sorry, Prasad, but I do not know very much about data communications.  So I cannot help you very much with interpreting the trace output.  The trace record you show appears to me to be a TCP/IP packet, just judging by some of the names given to the fields.  If you can find the trace record that corresponds to the SNMP message that is triggering the EMS event, perhaps the source address would tell you from where it is coming, which I think was your original question.  But I do not know how you can identify which record in the trace is related to the EMS event, and I do not know whether the TCP/IP packet in that record will come from the process that created the troublesome SNMP message or from some intermediary process.

I image that the part of the trace that follows "Associated Data - 98 bytes" in one of the trace records will contain the troublesome SNMP message.  If you know enough about SNMP messages to recognize them in a dump, perhaps you can find the troublesome SNMP message by looking at the associated data part of the trace record dumps.  Once you find it, perhaps by looking at that SNMP message, you could tell from where it comes.

Let me emphasize that I am just guessing in this whole post, so it might be that none of this is an appropriate way to approach your problem.
0
kdick (495)
12/3/2010 10:49:02 PM
Prasad wrote:
> [...]
>                                Checksum:   F
>                              Last_error:   token_not_found  (%HFFF8)
>                      Last_error_tkncode:   (%H3,%H4,%HFDE6)  Ldev-
> Number
>                       Max_field_version:   %H0
>                                    SSID:   TANDEM.SMP.G06
>                        Used_byte_length:   %H9E
>                      Buffer_byte_length:   %H9E
>                           Console-Print:   T
>                          Generating-CPU:   %HC
>                                Emphasis:   F
>                            Event-Number:   OSS Error  (%H4)
>                   Standard-defined-type:   not-specified  (%H0)
>                       User-defined-type:   undefined  (%H0)
>                       Event-Hdr-Version:   %H2
>                      ZEMS-TKN-FORWARDED:   F
>                    Generation-Timestamp:   2010-11-19 20:43:43.549.145
>                        Logged-Timestamp:   2010-11-19 20:43:43.580.237
>                               Node-Name:   "<node name>"
>                             Node-Number:   %H1E
>                          Generating-PIN:   %H17B
>                      Process-Descriptor:   "<\node.<process name>:

There seems to be no extra data in this event.

From the event header fields, it shows that the event was created by process 12,379 of Expand system number 30.  The userid of that process was 255,254.  The system name and process descriptor are displayed in what seem to me to be an odd way.  I do not know why they are not formatted more normally.  You can see the timestamp.  The rest of the data mainly is internal EMS information, so probably not of interested to you.
0
kdick (495)
12/3/2010 11:15:24 PM
On 4 Dez., 00:15, Keith Dick <kd...@acm.org> wrote:
> Prasad wrote:

in the EMS event data, and usually is displayed as part of the message disp=
lay, between the time of the event and the TANDEM.SMP.xxx subsystem ID. =A0=
If the way you are viewing events does not show the process ID, you could t=
ry viewing the events using EMSDIST, using a command something like this fr=
om TACL:

:21 and 14:25 on December 1st. =A0Change the date and time to correspond to=
 the time the event you are investigating occurred.

] to TEXTOUT $S.#LP1 or whatever spooler location you wish.

 be that the EMS event message is generated and logged by a different proce=
ss than the one which actually encountered the error, in which case the pro=
cess ID in the EMS message might not help you much. =A0Or if the data being=
 processed that is in error was created in process A, then sent to another =
process B, where this error is detected, the EMS event will have the ID of =
process B, not process A. =A0In that case, perhaps you will have to see whe=
ther process B provides any other information to help find the origin of th=
e bad data. =A0Or perhaps other event messages near this one in the log wil=
l provide some clue as to the origin of the bad data.

the normal text display. =A0The detailed description of the event message w=
ould say what additional data is included in an event message, but in a qui=
ck search, I did not find such detailed description of the SMP events. =A0I=
n the case of this particular message, it would not surprise me to find tha=
t the whole SNMP message that is being decoded is included in the event, bu=
t I do not know that it is.

e contents of the event message. =A0You could do that using an EMSDIST comm=
and something like:

4:21, STOP 2010-12-1 14:25, DUMP ON

ou might not be able to tell what the additional data means, but each item =
from the event message will be formatted separately for you to look at. =A0=
> [...]
 =A0 3034
> >>@@.<00.ea910A404
> >> 020: =A0 3744 =A0 3939 =A0 4132 =A0 3333 =A0 =A03237 =A0 3231 =A0 3833=
 =A0 3033
> >>7D99A23327218303
> >> 028: =A0 3038 =A0 4130 =A0 3233 =A0 3033 =A0 =A0301C =A0 4632 =A0 4641=
 =A0 3043
> >>08A023030.F2FA0C
> >> 030: =A0 3133 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 13- Hide quoted text -

> > I tried the EMSDIST dump command following is the output.
>
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Header_type: =
=A0 %H1
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Checksum=
: =A0 F
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Last_error: =
=A0 token_not_found =A0(%HFFF8)
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Last_error_tkncode: =A0 (%H3=
,%H4,%HFDE6) =A0Ldev-
> > Number
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Max_field_version: =A0 %H0
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=
SSID: =A0 TANDEM.SMP.G06
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Used_byte_length: =A0 %H=
9E
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Buffer_byte_length: =A0 %H9E
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Console-Print: =A0 =
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Generating-CPU: =A0 =
%HC
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Emphasis=
: =A0 F
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Event-Number: =
=A0 OSS Error =A0(%H4)
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Standard-defined-type: =A0 not-spec=
ified =A0(%H0)
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 User-defined-type: =A0 unde=
fined =A0(%H0)
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Event-Hdr-Version: =A0 %H2
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0ZEMS-TKN-FORWARDED: =A0 F
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Generation-Timestamp: =A0 2010-1=
1-19 20:43:43.549.145
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Logged-Timestamp: =A0 20=
10-11-19 20:43:43.580.237
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Node-Name: =
=A0 "<node name>"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Node-Number: =
=A0 %H1E
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Generating-PIN: =A0 =
%H17B
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Process-Descriptor: =A0 "<\n=
ode.<process name>:
> > 6211189"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0ZEMS-TKN-REDUNDANT: =A0 F
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Suppress-Display: =A0 F
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0User=
id: =A0 %HFF %HFE

> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Subject-Mark:
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ZSMP-TKN-METHOD:* =A0"o=
m_DecodePDU"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ZSMP-TKN-LOCATION: =A0 %H1
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ZSMP-TKN-METHOD: =A0 "d=
ecode"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0ZSMP-TKN-ERROR:- =A0=
%HFFFB

> There seems to be no extra data in this event.
>
> From the event header fields, it shows that the event was created by proc=
ess 12,379 of Expand system number 30. =A0The userid of that process was 25=
5,254. =A0The system name and process descriptor are displayed in what seem=
 to me to be an odd way. =A0I do not know why they are not formatted more n=
ormally. =A0You can see the timestamp. =A0The rest of the data mainly is in=
ternal EMS information, so probably not of interested to you.- Zitierten Te=
xt ausblenden -

> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

I do not think that the event message contains the necessary
information. The $ZSNMP trap handler catches a trap and has problems
decoding that trap. If the time of this event is predictable it would
make sense to start a trace for a short timeframe. You can issue a
trace command against $ZSNMP, like TRACE PROCESS $ZSNMP, to.....
Details can be found in the SNMP Configuration and Management Manual.
On Dec 6 2010, 3:34=A0am, wbreidbach <wolfgang.breidb...@bv-
zahlungssysteme.de> wrote:
> On 4 Dez., 00:15, Keith Dick <kd...@acm.org> wrote:
>

> > Prasad wrote:

d in the EMS event data, and usually is displayed as part of the message di=
splay, between the time of the event and the TANDEM.SMP.xxx subsystem ID. =
=A0If the way you are viewing events does not show the process ID, you coul=
d try viewing the events using EMSDIST, using a command something like this=
 from TACL:

14:21 and 14:25 on December 1st. =A0Change the date and time to correspond =
to the time the event you are investigating occurred.

RM] to TEXTOUT $S.#LP1 or whatever spooler location you wish.

ht be that the EMS event message is generated and logged by a different pro=
cess than the one which actually encountered the error, in which case the p=
rocess ID in the EMS message might not help you much. =A0Or if the data bei=
ng processed that is in error was created in process A, then sent to anothe=
r process B, where this error is detected, the EMS event will have the ID o=
f process B, not process A. =A0In that case, perhaps you will have to see w=
hether process B provides any other information to help find the origin of =
the bad data. =A0Or perhaps other event messages near this one in the log w=
ill provide some clue as to the origin of the bad data.

n the normal text display. =A0The detailed description of the event message=
 would say what additional data is included in an event message, but in a q=
uick search, I did not find such detailed description of the SMP events. =
=A0In the case of this particular message, it would not surprise me to find=
 that the whole SNMP message that is being decoded is included in the event=
, but I do not know that it is.

ire contents of the event message. =A0You could do that using an EMSDIST co=
mmand something like:

 14:21, STOP 2010-12-1 14:25, DUMP ON

 you might not be able to tell what the additional data means, but each ite=
m from the event message will be formatted separately for you to look at. =
=A0The output of event dumps is large, so you probably would want to narrow=
> [...]
ocess 12,379 of Expand system number 30. =A0The userid of that process was =
255,254. =A0The system name and process descriptor are displayed in what se=
em to me to be an odd way. =A0I do not know why they are not formatted more=
 normally. =A0You can see the timestamp. =A0The rest of the data mainly is =
internal EMS information, so probably not of interested to you.- Zitierten =
Text ausblenden -

> > - Zitierten Text anzeigen -
>
> I do not think that the event message contains the necessary
> information. The $ZSNMP trap handler catches a trap and has problems
> decoding that trap. If the time of this event is predictable it would
> make sense to start a trace for a short timeframe. You can issue a
> trace command against $ZSNMP, like TRACE PROCESS $ZSNMP, to.....
> Details can be found in the SNMP Configuration and Management Manual.- Hi=

I had the same problem when one of the solarwind server tried to
monitor the tandem server by sending SNMPv2-format getBulkRequest and
SNMPAGT supports only SNMPv1...
0
withmanu (63)

Neural network fitting error
Dear all, Is there any way to calculate the correctness of the neural network results? Or if I explain the situation: I create a neural network using fitting tool, using input-output vectors. When I simulate the created network with only one input vector, I get an output but I don&#8217;t know if the output is correct or not. How can I calculate kind of error or correctness degree for the output of the simulated network? I hope I could voice what my problem is. Thanks in advance. "John " <onsekizdegilim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:ic6524$2i6$1@fr...

ArcServe & UNRECOVERABLE DATA ERROR
I've installed BrightStore ArcServe v11 in a Windows 2000 Server's machine. The DDS4 tapes worked OK for a couple of weeks, and suddenly this error (UNRECOVERABLE DATA ERROR) started to appear and I can't even format the tapes. I've tried using the cleaning tapes (I've bought a new one too), and cleaning it manually with no luck. Does anyone have n idea of what can be happening? Thanks a lot! ...

Error bars in both axes of a XY plot
Hello, I have some data with some uncertainty, both in X and Y axes. I am supposed to plot the data including the uncertainties, as error bars. I was looking for a function in Matlab that includes the error bars in both axes but found nothing. It is possible to do it for Y, and I found a file in the file exchange page which allows to do the same for the X axis. However, how can I do both of them simultaneously? Any help is greatly acknowledged in advance. Regards, Jose ...

Error: RCPT TO: error (550 relay not permitted)
Copied the below code straight from a web source ( http://alma.ch/perl/Mail-Sendmail-FAQ.html#HTML ) on sending html emails w/ PERL. The ONLY change I made was to put GOOD email addresses in the TO / From I am getting the following errror and need help? ---------Error: RCPT TO: error (550 relay not permitted) ------------- ======================================= use MIME::QuotedPrint; use HTML::Entities; use Mail::Sendmail 0.75; # doesn't work with v. 0.74! $boundary = "====" . time() . "===="; $text = "HTML mail demo\n\n" . "This is the m...

I have a problem. My VI is showing a error, but in the error list they say error = 0
The arrow is broken, but the error list is clear. I can't see the error and I can't run the VI. Someone have some suggest? Hello Luis i have seen this behaviour by myself after changing a StrictTypedef and save/closing it without "Apply Changes". Maybe a Masscompile helps. greetings chris Thank you Chris. How do you have the solution? ...

Fuzzy Logic TBX Error
Hallo. I try to identify a Sugeno type of model from input data, relatively high number of inputs, and the TBX crashes with the followign error: ??? Error using ==> unknown Maximum variable size allowed by the program is exceeded. Error in ==> genfis2 at 101 muMatrix = zeros(numData,numRule * (numInp + 1)); Error in ==> Generate_Outputs at 39 fismat1 = genfis2(Inputs, outputs(:,1), ClusterR); The memory consumption is MAX 600 MB, out of 1.5 G. Is there a suggestion? ---- code compilation into C I am not sure would not help. Levi ...

[tao-users] Runtime errors-vxworks
ACE VERSION: 5.4 TAO VERSION: 1.4 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Pentium - VxWorks 5.5.1 Tornado 2.2.1 AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: Page fauls on vxworks target when running simple application. DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: Execution? Yes [Please indicate whether ACE, your application, or both are affected.] Application is affected at runtime. SYNOPSIS: I am building a s...

Math errors
(-3)**3 => -27 (-27)**(1/3.0) give NaN instead of -3 All odd roots (1/3,1/5,1/7 etc) of negative numbers should give negative root values, as above, but ruby (in irb) gives NaN (not a number), even when I require 'complex' . Is this considered an error in Ruby? 2009/12/18 jzakiya <jzakiya@mail.com>: > (-3)**3 => -27 > > (-27)**(1/3.0) give NaN instead of -3 Ruby 1.9 has Math.cbrt. % ruby -e 'p Math.cbrt(-27)' -3.0 -- Tanaka Akira [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] IN 1.9.2 I got: ~ $>...

of errors
_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = "xorg", "pc104", "us", "", "" _XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "xorg", "pc104", "us", "", "" Hello, how are you? How are you doing? To whom it may concern, the Ubuntu version of LINUX is causing problems for me. Initially it worked really goodly, however, it seems to be turning into a MSDOS clone. If you do not mind, kindly resolve this issue. There are a lot of crimes done against devotees here in Brooklyn and New York City. Please be aware I am reporting the s...

%SYSTEM-F-ILLEGAL_SHADOW error
I'm running VMS 7.3-2 on a cluster of two ES40 servers. Since moving to this configuration I've noticed that occasionally ( but not reliably reproducibly ) when a program exits I get the following error: %SYSTEM-F-ILLEGAL_SHADOW, illegal formed trap shadow, Imask=0111510C, Fmask=0000001B, summary=0B, PC=000000000000005B, PS=0000001B Improperly handled condition, image exit forced. Signal arguments: Number = 0000000000000003 Name = 00000000000005B4 000000000111510C 000000000000001B ...

A QuerrVizier error?
Dear all, I'm having a problem loading data from vizier using the queryvizier.pro. I am thinking it must be new error perhaps due to a new update? I call the program by: OC1 = queryvizier('J/A+A/438/1163/','None',/allcolumns) IDL responds with %Type conversion error: Unable to convert given STRING to Long. % Detected at: QUERYVIZIER 339 C:\Users\MS\Desktop\IDL_functions\vizier\QueryVizier.pro % Conflicting or duplicate structure tag definition: RECNO_2. Line 339 is within the following loop, see arrow for precise mark. ; Find positions of tab...

Comtool errors in image processing
Hi, I am trying to build a dll using the comtool for some application in Image processing. It's a simple code but when I try to build using comtool. I get the following errors( see th list of errors). Is there someway i can work around these errors. Any help will be very useful. --------- Errors----------------------- Building standalone executable... mcc -M -silentsetup -d 'C:/MATLAB6p5/work/OCR/ReadTCAM/src' -B 'csglcom:ReadTCAM,ReadTCAM,1.0' -g -i C:/MATLAB6p5/work/OCR/getTimeCodeAM1.m Warning: File: getline Line: 1 Column: 1 References to "GETLIN...

What level of timesynch error is typical on Win XP?
I have a small network of Windows XP (64 bit) running simulations, with NTPv4 running on all the boxes and using a GPS-based timeserver on the company network. The ping time to the server is 2 milliseconds from my desk, but I'm seeing random time errors of order plus/minus 5 to 10 milliseconds, based on loopstats data. This level of timesynch error is OK for the simulation, but still that's a lot of error. I get far better on big UNIX boxes. The question is if this level of error is reasonable, given the setup. I know that timekeeping under Windows is not optimum, but cannot...

sysbool.h error building on Tiger
Hi all, When building an Mach-O target under Tiger, I get the following error: stdbool.h line 2 #error "stdbool.h has moved to avoid accidental use with a non-GCC compiler. Only GCC should have used stdbool.h due to licensing restrictions." When I looked at stdbool.h, all it has is the above error pragma. I did a preprocess on my .pch++ to see where stdbool.h is included, but honestly cannot find it. Any ideas for a work around? Best regards, -- Allen Cronce In article <1105552845.007378.311480@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "Allen Cronce" ...

tar error
On trying to tar the files in my directory ( tar -cvf a.tar * ) ,I get the following error : "Wrote only 8192 of 10240 bytes tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now" Please suggest the cause of the error no space left i guess... charlotte wrote: > On trying to tar the files in my directory ( tar -cvf a.tar * ) ,I > get the following error : > "Wrote only 8192 of 10240 bytes > tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now" > Please suggest the cause of the error > Was there an a.tar in the directory before you issued this command? -- ced -- Ch...

Error?
This integral below give 0 on Mathematica 5.0 Integrate[Sqrt[R^2 - x^2], {x, -R, -R + d}, Assumptions -> R > 0 && d > 0 && d < 2R] This is a mistake I think, isn't it? Thanks, Baris Altunkaynak Hello ! Very interesting question ! As Integrate[Sqrt[r^2 - x^2], x] = (1/2)*(x*Sqrt[r^2 - x^2] + r^2*ArcTan[x/Sqrt[r^2 - x^2]]) you will have to use complex numbers using Newton-Leibnitz's formula with R<d<2R ! As (I suppose) you want to compute a surface under a circle, it is not good ! so I would suggest that you should ...

An Odd timer error: Error while evaluating TimerFcn for timer 'timer-1'
Dear Matlab Experts: Very weired error message showed during the execution of timer object. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error while evaluating TimerFcn for timer 'timer-1' Could not open file. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Everything was perfectly fine, for the first 20 times execution of the callback TimerFcn, then suddenly an error poped out as above. What i do not understand is that why there is a limited number of execution for the timer's callback function. My code structur...

oracle linux error "error 46 encountered ldm"
Hello I have Oracle 10G installed on linux red hat GNU i686 then started to get on the oracle alert.log a bunch of error messages "error 46 encountered when initializing ldm" Does anyone seem this before? or the fix Thanks Maria evoradba@yahoo.ca (Maria) wrote in message news:<351fd9d6.0410051730.7cdaf13b@posting.google.com>... > Hello > > I have Oracle 10G installed on linux red hat GNU i686 then started to > get on the oracle alert.log a bunch of error messages "error 46 > encountered when initializing ldm" > > Does anyone seem this before...

disk errors!?
Hi, I would like to know How do I detect any disk errors occured on Solaris 10 (x86) systemand on SPARC tecnology via commands and by a log file? Thanks a lot!!! On 2008-08-12, ABSOLUT <davidtuti@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I would like to know How do I detect any disk errors occured on > Solaris 10 (x86) systemand on SPARC tecnology via commands and by a > log file? /usr/bin/iostat -E -- "Be thankful that you have a life, and forsake your vain and presumptuous desire for a second one." [email me at huge {at} huge (dot...

getting bash errors
Hello: I'm using the Net::SSH module. Its really a simple script. It supposed to ssh into a node and do a 'df -k', but I'm getting: bash: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `0x925c4c8' bash: -c: line 1: `CODE(0x925c4c8)' The above is a bash error, so I'm thinking PERL is not even invoked in the subroutine, any help will be greatly appreciated. ################################################ #!/usr/bin/perl -w use warnings; use strict; use Net::SSH qw(ssh issh sshopen2 sshopen3); my $variable = \&TEST; ssh('control@10.150.130.1', $variab...

error: invalid lvalue in increment #2
What is wrong? .... (l_text)d += 1; *d = GetKey(App) & 0xFF; .... thanks flo -- Florian Xaver <http://www.flox.at.tf> Dr-DOS Wiki <http://www.drdos.org> SWORD - a nice GUI library for DOS/DJGPP <http://www.flox.at.tf> the cast transforms a lvalue into a rvalue Florian Xaver wrote: > What is wrong? > > ... > (l_text)d += 1; > *d = GetKey(App) & 0xFF; > ... > > thanks > flo "Florian Xaver" <wosrediinanatour@aon.at> wrote in message news:44670d4b$0$3880$91cee783@newsreader01.highway.telekom.at... > What is wr...

Custom error message for Runtime error 3022
I am trying trap Runtime error 3022 (duplicates) in the click event of a command button that closes the form. I have code in the Form_Error event that does a good job of providing a more meaningful error message than the default. It works in every situation except when the user clicks the close button. I am using Me.Dirty=False to force a save but if there are duplicates I just get the standard Runtime 3022 error message. I am wondering why the Form_Error event is not triggered. Here are the two relevant subs: First the Form_Error Sub... Private Sub Form_Error(DataErr As Integer, Response ...

Error Msg Reading Chinese Novel PDF
I am using English Windows 98 SE2 and Acrobat Reader 6/Adobe Asian Font Pack. I am able to read net based Chinese PDFs in both traditional and similified Chinese fonts. However, I have problems reading downloaded Chinese PDF Novels, e.g. http://hnbc.hpe.sh.cn/01/01B/20/M30a.pdf After opening the novel saved in my computer, few error messages would show: Msg upon the book is opened: "Found an unexpected operator in the display list." Moving into the text page: Cannot find or create the font "���^". Some characters may not display or print correctly ...

How to catch a fatal error in unix
How can we differentiate between a fatal error and non-fatal errors in unix? What is the error code for fatal errors? In article <1142854672.391726.153470@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, ktvarun@gmail.com wrote: > How can we differentiate between a fatal error and non-fatal errors in > unix? > What is the error code for fatal errors? There's no standard for exit codes, except that 0 means success. Any distinction between different exit codes is application-specific. -- Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu Arlington, MA *** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not dire...

Bizarre kpilot error
I'm running Slackware 9.0 and I've just installed the KDE 3.2.0 patch.��Very nice indeed except I'm getting a bizarre error when I use kpilot to sync to my Palm Vx.��It�syncs�OK�but�all�my�timed�appointments�are�pushed�11�hours ahead on the handheld! I had no trouble at all sync-ing with KDE 3.1.��My pc and handheld times match.��Has�anyone�else�had�this�problem? Jarvis Pink wrote: > It�syncs�OK�but�all�my�timed�appointments�are�pushed > 11�hours ahead on the handheld! Just guessing: I had the problem that my posts on usenet were pushed one hour ahead. Often distributors...