SQLMX JDBC connectivity

Hi All,
I want to connect my SQL/MX database thru the JDBC driver(v 5.0). Can someone tell me what are the setup required to achieve this?
0
kishmail (4)
7/26/2012 1:32:12 PM
comp.sys.tandem 2360 articles. 3 followers. Post Follow

kishmail@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi All,
> I want to connect my SQL/MX database thru the JDBC driver(v 5.0). Can someone tell me what are the setup required to achieve this?

I'm not sure what level of detail you want.  In case you just do not know what product to use, I think you need to use the SQL/MX Connectivity Service.  There is a manual titled "HP NonStop SQL/MX Connectivity Service Manual" that describes the product.  I have not installed or used it, so I cannot help with details about it.
0
kdick (495)
7/28/2012 4:04:47 AM
In addition you need the JDBC driver which has to be ordered separately. We are using the type 4 driver as far as I know there is also a type 2 driver available. The type 4 driver runs on most platforms like Windows, Unix or Linux.
Keith Dick <kdick@acm.org> writes:

> kishmail@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I want to connect my SQL/MX database thru the JDBC driver(v 5.0). Can someone tell me what are the setup required to achieve this?
>
> I'm not sure what level of detail you want.  In case you just do not know what product to use, I think you need to use the SQL/MX Connectivity Service.  There is a manual titled "HP NonStop SQL/MX Connectivity Service Manual" that describes the product.  I have not installed or used it, so I cannot help with details about it.
The JDBC driver (v 50.) refers to the Type 2 driver. So the assumption
is you want to run with Java on the NonStop server. The first place to look
is the JDBC/MX 5.0 for SQL/MX Programmer's manual. This can be found at
www.hp.com/go/nonstop-docs.
0
frans4976 (66)
7/30/2012 7:36:13 AM
Hi Thanks for your reply. ya. I have that document and tried it on same way=
 but no luck. Here is what I have tried and where I'm stuck.=20

1. JDBC driver (V 5.0) installed on tandem (OSS).
2. Created a catalog, schema and SQL/MX table in Tandem (OSS) side.
3. Created a Java program to connect the above table.
4. The folder where I have my Java program in my PC same place I have kept =
the jdbcMx.jar file (downloaded from Tandem/OSS)
5. and when I execute I=92m getting below error.

Java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.tandem.sqlmx.SQLMXDriver
    at java.net.URLClassloader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknow Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknow Source)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknow Source)
    at Connect2.main(Connect2.java:28

I'm using below statements in my java program to connect Tandem.

String url =3D "jdbc:sqlmx://170.22.108.110:18650:";                       =
      =20
Class.forName ("com.tandem.sqlmx.SQLMXDriver").newInstance ();

- Kishor
0
kishmail (4)
7/30/2012 8:07:18 AM
Kishor Ahamed wrote:
> Hi Thanks for your reply. ya. I have that document and tried it on same way but no luck. Here is what I have tried and where I'm stuck.
>
> 1. JDBC driver (V 5.0) installed on tandem (OSS).
> 2. Created a catalog, schema and SQL/MX table in Tandem (OSS) side.
> 3. Created a Java program to connect the above table.
> 4. The folder where I have my Java program in my PC same place I have kept the jdbcMx.jar file (downloaded from Tandem/OSS)
> 5. and when I execute I�m getting below error.
>

> Java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.tandem.sqlmx.SQLMXDriver
>     at java.net.URLClassloader$1.run(Unknown Source)
>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknow Source)
>     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknow Source)
>     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>     at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknow Source)
>     at Connect2.main(Connect2.java:28
>
> I'm using below statements in my java program to connect Tandem.
>
> String url = "jdbc:sqlmx://170.22.108.110:18650:";
> Class.forName ("com.tandem.sqlmx.SQLMXDriver").newInstance ();
>
> - Kishor

Just going by the top line of the traceback, it was unable to find the SQLMXDriver class.  That suggests either that your CLASSPATH did not include the directory in which you put jdbcMx.jar, or that jdbcMx.jar does not include the SQLMXDriver class, or possibly that you just misspelled the name of the SQLMXDriver class.

I don't know anything about using SQL/MX from Java, so I don't know whether those two Java statements are correct, but I think they could not be causing the class not to be found, unless you just misspelled the class name.
0
kdick (495)
7/30/2012 2:54:34 PM
On Thursday, July 26, 2012 4:32:12 PM UTC+3, Kishor Ahamed wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to connect my SQL/MX database thru the JDBC driver(v 5.0). Can someone tell me what are the setup required to achieve this?

Hi,

I have managed to get this working (program on the same machine as DB):

String sqlmpURL = "jdbc:sqlmx:";
Class.forName("com.tandem.sqlmx.SQLMXDriver");
Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(sqlmpURL, userName, password);
Statement stmt = con.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE, ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);
ResultSet res = stmt.executeQuery(selectQuery);

res.close();
stmt.close();
con.close();

Hope it helps.

With regards,
Dan Fat
0
dan.fat83 (5)
7/30/2012 2:55:00 PM
You have to include the jar file name in your CLASSPATH, either fully
qualified or relative to the CWD of your application.  For example, if
the jar file is in the CWD (which it probably is)::

CLASSPATH= ...  t4sqlmx.jar;  ...

or

CLASSPATH= ...  /programs/myapp/lib/t4sqlmx.jar;  ...

JAR files, unlike windows DLL files, aren't automatically searched by
the class loader without specifying the jar file name.

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 01:07:18 -0700 (PDT), Kishor Ahamed
<kishmail@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Thanks for your reply. ya. I have that document and tried it on same way but no luck. Here is what I have tried and where I'm stuck.
>
>1. JDBC driver (V 5.0) installed on tandem (OSS).
>2. Created a catalog, schema and SQL/MX table in Tandem (OSS) side.
>3. Created a Java program to connect the above table.
>4. The folder where I have my Java program in my PC same place I have kept the jdbcMx.jar file (downloaded from Tandem/OSS)
>5. and when I execute I�m getting below error.
>

>Java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.tandem.sqlmx.SQLMXDriver
>    at java.net.URLClassloader$1.run(Unknown Source)
>    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknow Source)
>    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknow Source)
>    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknow Source)
>    at Connect2.main(Connect2.java:28
>
>I'm using below statements in my java program to connect Tandem.
>
>String url = "jdbc:sqlmx://170.22.108.110:18650:";
>Class.forName ("com.tandem.sqlmx.SQLMXDriver").newInstance ();
>
>- Kishor
Also the class name for the Type 4 driver is
com.tandem.t4jdbc.SQLMXDriver.

The type 2 driver class shown in your example has to run on the
NonStop, and the DLL file must also be referenced in an approporate
environment variable:

CLASSPATH= ... /usr/tandem/jdbcMx/current/lib/jdbcMx.jar: ...
_RLD_LIB_PATH= ... /usr/tandem/jdbcMx/current/lib: ...

Again, this ONLY works if the Java program runs on the NonStop itself.
Bill

<kishmail@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Thanks for your reply. ya. I have that document and tried it on same way but no luck. Here is what I have tried and where I'm stuck.
>
>1. JDBC driver (V 5.0) installed on tandem (OSS).
>2. Created a catalog, schema and SQL/MX table in Tandem (OSS) side.
>3. Created a Java program to connect the above table.
>4. The folder where I have my Java program in my PC same place I have kept the jdbcMx.jar file (downloaded from Tandem/OSS)
>5. and when I execute I�m getting below error.
>

>Java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.tandem.sqlmx.SQLMXDriver
>    at java.net.URLClassloader$1.run(Unknown Source)
>    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknow Source)
>    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknow Source)
>    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknow Source)
>    at Connect2.main(Connect2.java:28
>
>I'm using below statements in my java program to connect Tandem.
>
>String url = "jdbc:sqlmx://170.22.108.110:18650:";
>Class.forName ("com.tandem.sqlmx.SQLMXDriver").newInstance ();
>
>- Kishor

JDBC Connection Refused when connecting to SQL 2005 DB
I'm having difficulty getting IBM Director 5.20 to connect to the SQL Server 2005 SP1 database. I believe the problem is related to the JDBC installation/configuration. SQL Server 2005 SP1 was installed and configured by our DBA. It is set to mixed mode security Downloaded the MS JDBC driver (version 1.1 is the latest) Extracted this to d:\Program Files\ Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver\ Created the CLASSPATH variable to d:\Program Files\ SQl Server 2005 JDBC Driver\sqljdbc_1.1\enu\sqljdbc.jar Created the jdbc_path to D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driv...

JDBC connection
Hi all, Is it possible to connect to an Oracle datasource using JDBC driver in Dolphin? Thanks, Catalin Aramescu, Romania Catalin, > Is it possible to connect to an Oracle datasource using JDBC driver in > Dolphin? Any reason why you want to use JDBC? Even if it is possible you still have the Smalltalk<->Java<->JDBC<->Oracle overhead. Why not use ODBC directly. IMHO Dolphin has one of the best ODBC wrappers of all Windows languages. CU, Udo On Dec 21, 4:30=A0pm, Udo Schneider <Udo.Schnei...@homeaddress.de> wrote: Hi Udo, Maybe ...

connect through jdbc
Hi, I try to connect to a db through a simple java program: JDK 1.4 CLASSPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/classes12.jar and CLASSPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/ojdbc14.jar ( loaded from otn for oracle 9.2.0.0 JDK1.4) and I have the following error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/jdbc/driver/OracleDriver Can you help me ??? TIA oracle@pluto:/home/oracle/jdbc$ cat Applet1.java package mypackage; import javax.swing.JApplet; import java.awt.Dimension; import java.awt.Toolkit; import java.awt.BorderLayout; import javax.swing.JFrame...

jdbc connection
hey m writing program in java to connect it to mysql. I have given driver name as Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"); but i am getting ClassNotFoundException. Please help me what shall i do. sangeeta chowdhary wrote: > hey m writing program in java to connect it to mysql. > I have given driver name as > Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"); > but i am getting ClassNotFoundException. > Please help me what shall i do. Ensure that the jar containing the class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver is in your classpath. On Mar 2, 10:02=A0am, &quo...

JDBC Connection
Hi, is there a way to call a program every time when specific user establish jdbc connection? I mean something like "Initial program to call" parameter for interactive jobs. So, I want AS400 to manage this program call, not me. Have a look at the QIBM_QZDA_xxxx exit programs. walker.l2 je napisao/la: > Have a look at the QIBM_QZDA_xxxx exit programs. Is there a way to run that program inside user job with exit program? il 19/04/2007 12.32, Scrive Dika 40718184: > walker.l2 je napisao/la: >> Have a look at the QIBM_QZDA_xxxx exit programs. > > Is there a way...

about JDBC Connectivity
Hi, I am Sukumar...New to this Group...I have a question. Please give the result asap...When I would like to connect to DB using JDBC I M getting the run timeexception like....>Class not found exception...i.e., oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.I set a classpath for ojdbc14.jar then I got the URL is not found...jbdc:oracle:thin@localhost:1521:orcl....Can u please anybody help me to connect to DB..using JDBC... Another offshore programmer in over his head.Anyway, put the oracle driver in your classpath.krupa sukumar wrote:> Hi,> > I am Sukumar...> New to this Group...> > I...

jdbc connection
Hello, I have installed java 2 SDK 1.4 on my windows XP machine. I want to connect to oracle database server (machine name - myserver) where Oracle 9i is installed. I am running following java code.... import java.sql.*; import sun.jdbc.odbc.*; class dba { public static void main (String args []) throws SQLException { try { Class.forName ("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); System.out.println("driver is loaded dynamically"); //Class.forName ("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"); } catch (ClassNotF...

Recover Informix JDBC connections in Tomcat after loss of Network Connectivity
Hi everyone. My application makes use of Informix, Oracle, SQL Server and My SQL. Of all these databases, whenever my web server loses connectivity with a database server, only the Informix connections do not recover. For all the other databases, restoring connectivity between the two servers will cause JDBC queries for Oracle, MySQL and MS SQL to resume as normal. Informix, however, gets a GenericJDBCException on any queries after the loss and recovery of network connectivity. The only way to get Informix connected again is to restart Tomcat. There has to be a way to make Inform...

connect java application(using jdbc) on windows to connect to Oracle on HP-UX
Hi Group, I would like connect to an Oracle DB running on HP-UX using a java application running on Windows. Could you pls let me know if I need to make any configuration/changes to connect ot Oracle on HP-UX. Do I need any oracle client software to connect to the Oracle DB? If so, will the oracle client on windows be able to communicate with Oracle Server on HP-UX? or should I install oraclec client for HP-UX? Pls let me know. Thank you. regards Anil Just to add to that, we are using jdk1.5 and oracle 9.2.0.6 for HP-UX Thanks. anil wrote: > Just to add to that, we are using jdk1.5...

JDBC Connection #2
We have an applicaiton running on WAS v6. I can get to the login page fine but when I try to login the following error appears in the log file. [5/8/08 11:40:18:787 PDT] 00000022 SystemOut O In LogIn.jsp catch:com.ssaglobal.shcm.SHCMException: Could not get connection from connection pool. Anyone have any idea where to start on this? Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thad Rizzi Have you successfully tested the Connection Pool from the WebSphere Admin Console? On May 9, 5:02=A0am, "walker.l2" <walker...@ukonline.co.uk> wrote: > Have...

IPv6 connection / JDBC (?)
Hi! I run pg7.4 on a SuSE 9.1 (IPv6) machine (linux 2.6); despite I added host all all ::1 ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff password to my pg_hba.conf, connecting to the database via JDBC (pg74.213.jdbc3.jar) fails: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: A connection error has occurred: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "::1", user "foo", database "bar", SSL off ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the po...

Re: JDBC Connection
My servers had JDBC connection error, error code J2CA0058E. J2CA0058E: The ConnectionManager was unable to associate Connection com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJccConnection@36508b36 with ManagedConnection com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.spi.WSRdbManagedConnectionImpl@76838b3d for resource jdbc/ca1101hf. Received exception: com.ibm.ws.exception.WsException: DSRA9420E: Connection cannot be reassociated because child objects are still open. at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.exceptions.DataStoreAdapterException.<init>(DataStoreAdapterException.java:280) Upon reviewing these exceptions, we have ...

JDBC Connection Issue
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020307070905070300040403 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi All, I'm running a simple perl script that checks if port 3306(mysql) is open or not and display's either PASSED or FAILED Perl Code: http://pastebin.org/108205 This small script seems to be working fine, but when I put into place our java applications that are using mysql though the jdbc driver started to crash (The services crash over night after a jboss restart). I started to do some...

JDBC Informix connect
Hi, I am trying to connect to an Informix database through my JDBC application, but it simply hangs. The DriverManager.getConnection() method never returns. I tried and tested the db connection using ODBC and it works. I made sure all the jar files are in my classpath. I used exactly the same parameters as I used in my ODBC testing. Here is my program: public class Test { public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception { Class.forName("com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver"); String url = "jdbc:informix-sqli:// 192.168.0.5:5000:informixse...

Web resources about - SQLMX JDBC connectivity - comp.sys.tandem

TE Connectivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TE Connectivity Ltd. designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial ...

Mark Zuckerberg Goes Into Detail On Facebook Connectivity Lab, Internet.org
Perhaps Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is just a wee bit excited about the Connectivity Lab , the initiative aimed at using high-altitude ...

The power of connectivity
By Keven McCammon, site data center manager, Facebook Forest City Data Center Today we announced that we’re partnering with the Town of Forest ...

Facebook, Internet.org launch Connectivity Lab
... CEO Mark Zuckerberg shed some light on the company’s acquisition of drone-maker Titan Aerospace, announcing the launch of Facebook’s Connectivity ...

Samsung Galaxy S3: Connectivity demo - USB OTG, MHL, bluetooth keyboards/mice, games controllers - YouTube ...
AndroidNZ.net - the best source for Galaxy S3 content! For navigation in the video use these links: USB Pendrive @0:55, 500GB portable drive ...

Mid-2012 MacBook Airs offer improved performance and connectivity
Believe it or not, it's been nearly four and a half years since Apple released the original MacBook Air. At the time, it was revolutionary in ...

Connectivity is key in society
They’re billing it as the place where Lewisham meets Summer Hill meets the city – and with good reason.

BMW to launch new connectivity service
Soon your car will notify the dealer when it’s due for a service. BMW Australia will introduce a new suite of in-car connectivity apps in its ...

The key to a successful hybrid cloud infrastructure? Flexible connectivity
It's becoming increasingly clear that - for most organisations - taking a 'hybrid' approach to cloud adoption makes sound business sense.

Facebook Connectivity Lab promotes access to Internet in remote areas - CTV News
Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites. ...