Portable Disk Drive 2 Software

I've seen info on the web about PDD.EXE 2.10, a program to use a Tandy PDD2
with a PC.  I've found version 1.10, but not 2.10.  Web100 has a dead link
to the program, and other searches came up dry.  Does anyone know if this
program is available for download?

Larry

0
Larry
7/3/2003 1:42:34 AM
comp.sys.tandy 1799 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"Larry Fosdick" <Larry_Fosdick@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've seen info on the web about PDD.EXE 2.10, a program to use a
Tandy PDD2
> with a PC.  I've found version 1.10, but not 2.10.  Web100 has a
dead link
> to the program, and other searches came up dry.  Does anyone know
if this
> program is available for download?

Tried club100.org ??

Neil

0
Neil
7/3/2003 1:54:24 AM
"Neil" <whome@nothere.com> wrote in message

> "Larry Fosdick" <Larry_Fosdick@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I've seen info on the web about PDD.EXE 2.10, a program to use a
> Tandy PDD2
> > with a PC.  I've found version 1.10, but not 2.10.  Web100 has a
> dead link
> > to the program, and other searches came up dry.  Does anyone know
> if this
> > program is available for download?
>
> Tried club100.org ??
>
> Neil

Many thanks, Neil.  Did I miss it somewhere?

Larry

0
Larry

Portable Disk Drive 2 Utility Disk
I'm looking for the original PDD2 utility disk supplied by Tandy. I recently acquired a PDD2 without software. I did get DSKMGR to work, and it's a nice piece of code, but I'd like to get the original software, warts and all. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. I can supply a blank DD disk, or one formatted by DSKMGR. I have checked all the sites supporting the M100 that I could find with no luck. Larry ...

2 Versions Software, 2 Drives, 2 Operating Systems ?
Hello, I have my hard drive in several partitions/drives and currently use Win 98SE and Easy CD 6. If I set up a dual boot with Win 98SE and XP, can I have Easy CD Creator 6 run on the 98SE drive, and have Easy CD Creator 7.5 run on the XP drive? Will they "coexist" on the same machine? I have many disks of data saved with Easy CD Creator 3 (or 4) and want to continue using version 6 until I've retrieved all the data. If the software would peacefully coexist, I wouldn't have to wait to add and use the XP and version 7.5 as well. Thanks for any thoughts, Ell...

FS Portable Disk Drive 2 for Model 100/102
I have a Portable Disk Drive 2 for the Model 100/102 with a cable, AC power supply, and original heavy cardboard `keeper' but no utility disk. I am a Model 100/102 user, and have a PDD1, which is all I need. I picked it up at a HAM radio fest along with a Model 102 with MSPLAN ROM which I am keeping. The drive appears little used, and in any event I guarantee buyer satisfaction, although without a utility disk I haven't been able to try it. Price: $75.00 + Priority mail shipping USA ($4.00) Bill wboas@nyx.net www.nyx.net/~wboas ...

Wanted: recommendations for 2.5-inch portable disk drives
Hi Ladies, Gents, Bots: The Toshiba disk drive in my HP portable failed yesterday (in a big way), and so I need to pick up a replacement pretty soon. Any recommendations for brands to specifically seek or avoid? I'm presently looking at 80Gb 2.5-inch drives (not SATA) running at 5400rpm. Thaks in advance, -- mark south; echo znexfbhgu2000@lnubb.pb.hx|tr a-z n-za-m "I can trace my ancestry back to a protoplasmal primordial atomic globule. Consequently, my family pride is something inconceivable." -- Gilbert & Sullivan, The Mikado Mark South wrote: > Hi Ladies, Gents...

FA: PC Misc Hardware, Misc Software, Joysticks, Zip Drive and Disks #2
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=steelhors e86 ...

Which disk is drive 2?
Hello, os/2 wseb v4.5 fp3. tekram dc390 SCSI adapter and driver. I have a disk going bad, it seems. The server crashed in JFS and on reboot there was a message "Drive 2 not ready." After re-powering the system, drive 2 is once again operating normally. This happened once before many months ago. (Imagine that, re-booting a disk drive.) I am not sure which disk was referred when "drive 2" was mentioned. LVM shows 5 "physical disks." Some questions that occur are: - Do the "drive" numbers start at 1 or 0? - How do LVM "physical disk" numbers relate to "drive" numbers? - Is a "drive" the same as a "physical disk?" I have always thought that a "drive" was a letter applied to a formatted partition. So what would "drive 2" be? Any suggestions? -- sma at sohnen-moe dot com On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 07:39:27 UTC, James Moe <jimoeNOSPAM@sohnen-moe.com> wrote: > os/2 wseb v4.5 fp3. > tekram dc390 SCSI adapter and driver. > I have a disk going bad, it seems. The server crashed in JFS and on > reboot there was a message "Drive 2 not ready." If this msg is coming during POST, and from the Tekram HA, then the drive numbering is assigned by SCSI ID, lowest to highest (unless it is IBM hardware of a certain vintage, in which case it's from highest SCSI ID to lowest). Eg, if you have drives at SCSI IDs 1,4,5, these would be ...

Disk Drives #2
We specialize in Disk Drives for HP and SUN servers and workstations. Please let me know if there are any disk drives you are looking for. We carry a large selection of scsi, ide and fiber channel disk in stock. Thanks Kenny Becker Select Computer Technology 253-639-4359 AOL IM kbdisk ...

[auction US] IBM PS/2 2.88 floppy disk drive VISA/MC ok!
<http://search.ebay.com/330091438609> [Ends: march 1st] ...

Optical drive cleaning & 1.2 GB MO disk usable in NeXT Optical drive?
Hello all, I have a NeXT cube that I have just recently acquired, and with it I got a 5 1/4" 1.2 GB optical MO disk they had laying around, still sealed in the plastic, since the company that I got the cube from couldn't give me the original 256 MB disk that came with the unit, since it still had some sensitive info saved on it. Is it possible to use this 1.2 gig MO disk with the next's drive? It's double sided, as opposed to the NeXT's single sided 256MB disk. Also, it has 512 bypes per sector as well. Also, the drive itself does need a cleaning, since it...

I'm running panther and the disk doctor worked then after running drive optimization, my hard drive disappeared. #2
I'm running panther and the disk doctor worked then after running drive optimization, my hard drive disappeared. Clinging to sanity, bddunham@gmail.com (bdunham) mumbled into her beard: > I'm running panther and the disk doctor worked then after running > drive optimization, my hard drive disappeared. And your question about spreadsheets is...? -- (reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.secnanifxunil" "@" "enworbbc")) http://linuxfinances.info/info/spreadsheets.html "Of course, to join the NSA, all you really have to do is pick up any phone, anywhere, make a long-distance call, and say `National Security Agency, I'd like a job.' They'll check you out and either give you a job, or do a job on you." -- David Palmer ...

Disks and Disk Drives
I started a new page about Disks and disk drives. If anyone is interested it is at: http://www.s100-manuals.com/Disk-drives.htm It is a work in progress. It includes information gathered from a variety of sources including Herb Johnson. If there are any errors just let me know at randy at s100-manuals dot com. I will be adding info on DPH's etc soon. Randy On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 17:24:45 -0600, "Randy McLaughlin" <randy@nospam.com> wrote: >I started a new page about Disks and disk drives. If anyone is interested >it is at: > >http://www.s100-manuals...

Wanted disk drives #2
Wanted: 360K 5.25 inch double-sided disk drives. Must be working. Will pay a reasonable price plus shipping. Contact us at compnews80@bresnan.net Computer News 80 ...

disk 2 drive repair
Watching this video on youtube recently allowed me to bring two malfunctioning disk 2 drives back to life http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMF3PL17kqg by cleaning the read-write head. It's not difficult at all on a disk 2. --- e ...

External disk drives and portability
I'm planning to use external disk drives for backup. I'm looking at the nicely packaged enclosures from Maxtor, Western Digital, and Seagate. I keep one set of backups "offsite," and this is giving me a bit of a worry. Roughly once a month, I hand-carry backup media from my PC to the "offsite" location. On the return trip, I hand-carry some media from the "offsite" locaton back to my PC. I don't know how wise it is to carry around 3.5 inch disk drives all the time. These drives are designed for desktop use, after all. Would it be wise...

disk drives for sale #2
Check out www.seagatedisk.com for all of your hard drive needs ...

Disk Drive Problem #2
After a successful resolution to the problem I noted last week, here are the steps to be used by anyone who has exactly the same situation. This will be especially helpful for homesteaders doing their own repairs. A big load of thanks go to Craig Lalley for providing the work around to the problems with VOLUTIL and others on the list who provided inputs. This may not be the only solution but it worked for me. Other system configurations may not work this way. Situation: LDEV 2 on my 928LX with MPE/iX 7.5 was not responding after a few hours. A power down restart resolved the problem ...

Disk Drives For Sale #2
We carry a wide variety of drives for HP, SUN, IBM, DELL, COMPAQ and Macs. CURRENT SPECIALS SEAGATE ST150176LC 50.1GB 7200 RPM 80 PIN DRIVE $35.00 EACH 2 YEAR WARRANTY SEAGATE ST118202LC 18.2GB 10,000 RPM 80 PIN DRIVE $14.00 EACH 90 DAY WARRANTY SEAGATE FIBER CHANNEL 36GB NEW 5 YEAR WARRANTY $35.00 EACH SEAGATE ST336704LCV 36GB SCSI 10,000 RPM 80 PIN DRIVE $72.00 EACH SEAGATE ST136403LC 36.4GB SCSI 10.000 RPM 80 PIN DRIVE $65.00 EACH SEAGATE ST173404LC 73.4GB SCSI 10,000 RPM 80 PIN DRIVE $125.00 EACH 6 MONTH WARRANTY Please call or email us for pricing on Tape, scsi and fiber car...

Floppy disk drives #2
Has any one hacked the motors and drivers used in a floppy disk drive. Any information would be very much appreciated. Thank you. "L. E. Powell" <lepowellsr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:O5mPb.4210$iY4.801@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com... > Has any one hacked the motors and drivers used in a floppy disk drive. Any > information would be very much appreciated. Thank you. > > http://www.generation5.org/content/2001/floppy.asp I did the project outlined on this site... worked kinda ok.... bot was pretty weak, only would run on smooth level floors...

Re: Boot from USB PRM (Partitioned Removable Media ) failed after loading OS2LVM.DMD error: "OS/2 is unable to operate OS/2 is unable to operate your hard disk or diskette drive"
For the knowledge base: add to the thread 3 month old Done a test with an T41 ( with USB 2.0 port ) and USB 2.0 Cardreader! Result: Error "OS/2 is unable ......" Next step in test: 1. Downgrade the drive to the level Mike Luther works with!! Do a test boot form CF Card 2. recreate the test results ( Mike Luther) with boot form usb diskette. kind regards Rainer Rainer Stroebel schrieb: > > For the knowledge base: add to the thread 3 month old cross post of the info from comp.os.so2.apps Thread : How to boot OS/2 4.52 (to a ...

ANN: Arctor Disk-To-Disk Backup 1.2.0.2
On behalf of byteplant GmbH, SharewarePromotions are delighted to announce the immediate availability of Arctor Disk-To-Disk Backup version 1.2.0.2 - an easy-to-use and very powerful disk-to-disk backup solution. At a price of less than $1 per GB, today's cheapest and fastest backup media are hard disks - so why not simply use one for your backups? Backups on hard disks are much quicker and easier to restore, check and update. Large enterprises have used automated backup solutions based on tape libraries or the more modern D2D backup for years. With Arctor, enterprise computing...

ANN: Arctor Disk-To-Disk Backup v 1.2.0.2
[...]

ANN: Arctor Disk-To-Disk Backup version 1.2.0.2
On behalf of byteplant GmbH, SharewarePromotions are delighted to announce the release and immediate availability of Arctor Disk-To-Disk Backup version 1.2.0.2 - an easy-to-use and very powerful disk-to-disk backup solution. At a price of less than $1 per GB, today's cheapest and fastest backup media are hard disks - so why not simply use one for your backups? Backups on hard disks are much quicker and easier to restore, check and update. Large enterprises have used automated backup solutions based on tape libraries or the more modern D2D backup for years. With Arctor, enterpris...

Disk Drive LED via Software???
Hi All, Is there any program that would simulate a physical disk drive LED? My controller card does not provide a physical LED connection point and I would like to know when certain disks are being accessed. A software version of a disk drive LED would also be helpful when connecting to the system from a remote X server. My current system is SUSE 10.0. Thanks, Steve sjconcord@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there any program that would simulate a physical disk drive LED? My > controller card does not provide a physical LED connection point and I > would like to know whe...

Web resources about - Portable Disk Drive 2 Software - comp.sys.tandy

Portable engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A portable engine, preserved at the museum in Blankenhain Castle , Germany . The chimney has been folded-down, ready for transporting the engine ...

PNP - Portable North Pole 2015 on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about PNP - Portable North Pole 2015. Download PNP - Portable North Pole ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Seagate 4TB Portable HDD $120, 2-pack MFi Lightning Cables $8, JayBird Bluetooth ...
... sure to check us out on: Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Seagate 4TB Portable, ...

Samsung Portable SSD T3 Review
Samsung launched the Portable SSD T3 at CES 2016. The claim to fame was the availability of 2TB of flash in a palm-sized enclosure with a USB ...

Best USB-C portable battery chargers
... the biggest downsides to the new standard however, is that you have to either buy a ton of adapters so you can keep using your chargers, portable ...

Lifecard might be the smallest portable iPhone charger yet
... You have to weigh whether the portability outweighs the price and lower power for you. Bottom Line This is probably not the only portable charger ...

Get a secure portable hard drive with massive 1TB capacity for just $59
... be a cloud storage solution that is as secure as a local off-line hard drive. It's just not possible. If you're in the market for a new portable ...

JBL Pulse 2 Review – Not Just a Speaker, But A Portable Lightshow Too
A couple years back, we tested the JBL Pulse . At the time, it was competing with a spate of cylindrical portable Bluetooth speakers like the ...

The portable gluten sensor
Meet Nima, the portable gluten sensor that can detect allergens in your meal.

Deal: Star Wars “Vader” Portable 2600mAh Power Bank for $23
Thought you saw Star Wars everything already? Think again. Available for $23 on the DL Deals Store , this Star Wars Portable Power Bank gives ...