A PDF into a FM file then save as pdf... how to have alll the pages of the included pdf file

FM 7.2

We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then
when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the
firts page of the pdf imported.

Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file
with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ?

0
hjk
3/22/2007 5:34:43 PM
comp.text.frame 540 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

> We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then
> when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the
> firts page of the pdf imported.
>
> Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file
> with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ?

FrameMaker imports PDF files per page only. To do something similar to
what you intend, I once came up with a Windows shell script that
writes out a MIF file, incorporating the name of a referenced PDF file
and its page count.

Note that the MIF code was just stripped off a file and isn't
constructed very nicely, but it does the job. After running the
script, you should use FrameMaker to open and save the output file.
There is no text flow, thus you can't import the file into a document,
but you can use it as part of a book instead.

Regards
Johannes

Here is the VB script, feel free to post an optimized version:

Dim fso, mif, pdfname, pagecount, counter
pdfname = InputBox("Name of PDF file to include:")
pagecount = CInt(InputBox("Enter number of pages to import (will begin
at first page):"))
Set mif = fso.CreateTextFile("PDFcontainer.mif", True)
mif.writeline("<MIFFile 7.00>")
mif.writeline("<Units Ucm>")
mif.writeline("<Document <DPageSize  21.0 cm 29.7 cm> >")
counter = 1
do until counter > pagecount
  mif.writeline("<Page")
  mif.writeline("<ImportObject")
  mif.write    ("<ImportObFileDI `<c\>")
  mif.write    (FileObj.FileName)
  mif.writeline("'>")
  mif.write    ("<ImportObFile `")
  mif.write    (FileObj.Filename)
  mif.writeline("'>")
  mif.write    ("<ImportObEditor `#PageNumber(")
  mif.write    (counter)
  mif.writeline(")'>")
  mif.writeline("<ImportObUpdater `PDF'>")
  mif.writeline("<ShapeRect  0.0 cm 0.0 cm 20.99028 cm 29.66862 cm>")
  mif.writeline("<BRect  0.0 cm 0.0 cm 20.99028 cm 29.66862 cm>")
  mif.writeline("<FlipLR No>")
  mif.writeline("<NativeOrigin  0.0 cm 29.66862 cm>")
  mif.writeline(">")
  mif.writeline(">")
  counter=counter + 1
loop
mif.close

0
Johannes

insert pages from auxiliary pdf file into specific page locations in main pdf file
I am saddened by the slow death of usenet. Sigh. It is tax season in my neck of the woods. Depending on what tools you use,= you might end up with forms that don't make a duplex printer-friendly PDF = file. Since my home printer is "manually duplexed", I would like to write = a bash script to insert the pages of auxiliary files into a main PDF file. = Make a huge file that can print out easily with minimal manual interventio= n other than one flip of the whole file once the odd sides have printed out= .. Oh, and I'm looking for a free open source solution. ...

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

Merge pdf files into one pdf file
Hi I am looking for a script that can automatically merge a serie of 'pdf' files into one 'pdf' file. I know about the "Insert pdf file" option in adobe, but I have about 30 'pdf' files, and need a more automatic solution. Today I am merging several "ps" files into one "pdf" file by using the script below. Is there a similar script for pdf files. Any software that solves this? Any help is appreciated! Gisle Rong Script: %! % PostScript program for distilling and combining multiple PostScript files. % When embedding font subsets, it is ...

PDF::Writer, create pdf and insert in other pdf file.
Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) the following code create a PDF: #!/usr/bin/ruby require 'pdf/writer' pdf = PDF::Writer.new pdf.text "Hello Matz", :font_size => 22 pdf.save_as "novo.pdf" ######################################## now I wanna save this pdf as a last page of a existing pdf. any tips? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Ricardo Pog <ricardo85x@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) > > > the following code create a PDF: > >...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

2 pdf-files > 1 pdf-file
Hello, I use Photoshop Lite or CutePDF to scan documents to pdf. What to do if documents are spread out over 2 or more A4's? How can I scan this to just 1 pdf-file? Peter You should use only ADOBE ACROBAT software. "PeterS" <pghscholtes@home.nl> wrote in message news:bk20l8$lom$1@news3.tilbu1.nb.home.nl... > Hello, > > I use Photoshop Lite or CutePDF to scan documents to pdf. What to do if > documents are spread out over 2 or more A4's? How can I scan this to > just 1 pdf-file? > > Peter > ...

How to: split 1 pdf file to 2 pdf files?
I have a problem with a file that I retrieve off www.catholic-forum.com/bulletins/511.pdf . Once each month they create the 511.pdf file with an attached Parish Calendar page. The Parish Bulletin page is in 'Portrait' sizing while the attached Parish Calendar page is in 'Landscape'. I try to retrieve this one file and using Frontpage on my PC attempt to publish the pdf file to my online web. I do NOT want the online web User to have to scroll to the left to see the Bulletin or the Calendar. I have Acrobat Reader 7.0 on my PC and would like to save the www.catholic-forum....

split one pdf file into multiple pdf files
Hi I am in urgent need of code for spliting one pdf file into multiple pdf files based on a particular condition. An guidance going about writing code for this problem would be really helpful. Thanks, Suparana Hi, What are the particular conditions you need for splitting. There are a number of third party solutions, but most will split on page or file names. If you had the source of the PDF files, I could show you how my OctoTools could produce the output already split, on just about ANY criteria, but doing it with existing pdf's could be tricky. Another way to approach your problem i...

Batch converting of PDF files into searchable PDF files
Hello Group We need to convert about 500 multipage non-searchable PDF files into searchable PDF files. The original PDFs just contain the scanned documents and we plan to run them through an OCR program which will afterwards save them back in the PDF format. It seems that Omnipage 12 Pro Office edition would be able to do the job but Omnipage 12 Standard, which is much less expensive, seems to have many of the same features. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a resource which lists the exact differences between the two programs. For now we'd require only one or two licences...

pdf file to text file ??
Hi....... All I am working on VC++ 6.0. In my application, I need to convert PDF file to text (ASCII) file format. Can I achieve this task without using PDF SDK. Is there any commandline EXE available that can perform such task.. Thanks in Advance. Kireet Gajera kireetgajera@gmail.com wrote: > I am working on VC++ 6.0. > > In my application, I need to convert PDF file to text (ASCII) file > format. > > Can I achieve this task without using PDF SDK. Yes. > Is there any commandline EXE available that can perform such task.. pdftotext in the xpdf package. Have a...

saving a PDF file to an earlier PDF version
I'd like to be able to save a PDF file made with PDF Version > 1.4 back to version 1.4. I understand that this may not work in all cases but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a program that has this functionality. Preferably this program can also be run on the command line. Thanks, Ted On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 05:32:13 -0800, teds@intex.com ci disse: > I'd like to be able to save a PDF file made with PDF Version > 1.4 back > to version 1.4. [...] good idea, well done! in fact, I think Adobe tries to port users to use ever the latest pdf version in order to sell yo...

GUIDE: Using xtopdf to create PDF from text and DBF files (including creating simple PDF e-books)
Hi, I'm giving below, steps to install and use my xtopdf PDF creation/conversion toolkit. This post is for end-users. xtopdf is both a set of end-user tools and a library for use by developers, to create PDF from various input formats. I'll post another message here about how developers can use it in various ways, sometime later. The steps are for the Windows platform. Will do another post for Linux. 1. Get Python v2.4.3 here: http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4.3/python-2.4.3.msi Size is not more than 10 MB. Install it - its an MSI, so just double-click. (Any Python version >...

GUIDE: Using xtopdf to create PDF from text and DBF files (including creating simple PDF e-books)
Hi, I'm giving below, steps to install and use my xtopdf PDF creation/conversion toolkit. This post is for end-users. xtopdf is both a set of end-user tools and a library for use by developers, to create PDF from various input formats. I'll post another message here about how developers can use it in various ways, sometime later. The steps are for the Windows platform. Will do another post for Linux. 1. Get Python v2.4.3 here: http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4.3/python-2.4.3.msi Size is not more than 10 MB. Install it - its an MSI, so just double-click. (Any Python version >...

How print a pdf file on both sides of a paper(Duplexing for pdf files)
Hi All, Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a papers. Thanks in advance. krishnapalvadi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a > papers. > Thanks in advance. > Do you have a duplex printer? krishnapalvadi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > Please let me know how to print a pdf file on both sides of a > papers. > Thanks in advance. The same way that you would print any other document on both sides of the paper. You select duplex output in your printer driver properties. Presuma...

split one pdf file into multiple pdf files #2
Hi I am in urgent need of code for spliting one pdf file into multiple pdf files based on a particular condition. Guidance of how to go about writing the code for this problem would really helpful. Thanks, Suparana ...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an existing file. ...

Re: ods pdf...adding pages to a pdf file
William, You can use the following to place several procedure output documents into one document: ods pdf file='c:\whatever.pdf' proc whatever; run; proc whatever; run; proc whatever; run; ods pdf close; As far as the table of contents is concerned, see the following URL: http://support.sas.com/publishing/pdf/58087_pg80.pdf Sincerely yours, Mark J. Lamias -----Original Message----- From: William Kossack [mailto:kossackw@NJC.ORG] Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 5:27 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: ods pdf...adding pages to a pdf file I have a program that produces a ...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an exi...

How to create two pdf files into one pdf file using pdflatex?
Hi, there! I use MikTeX on my PC. I have a tex file, I use pdflatex to create a pdf file. Now my problem is that I have other a pdf file, I want to put two pdf into a pdf file. Does anyone have suggestion to do this? I am like to put some tex code into my tex file, then I run pdflatex, I will create this two pdf files into one pdf file. Thanks! zyx wrote: > Hi, there! > > I use MikTeX on my PC. I have a tex file, I use pdflatex to create a > pdf file. Now my problem is that I have other a pdf file, I want to put > two pdf into a pdf file. Does anyone have suggesti...

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

How to convert eps to pdf with pdf file size same as the eps file BBox? (using ps2pdf)
I want to convert an eps file to a pdf file and the paper size of the newly created pdf file be the same as the BBox of the eps file. Would you please show me what options I should specify if I use ps2pdf? Or you can tell me some other ways. Thanks, Peng > I want to convert an eps file to a pdf file and the paper size of the > newly created pdf file be the same as the BBox of the eps file. Would > you please show me what options I should specify if I use ps2pdf? Or > you can tell me some other ways. This will do it: -dEPSCrop Govert Govert J. Knopper wrote: >> I want...

Print or Save a PDF document, as a PDF file, "2 up"?
OS X allows one to print most documents to a PDF file and/or to print documents "2 up" (2 pages/page) or even higher. But I can't seem to print a PDF document to a PDF file this way -- at least not from Adobe Acrobat. The OS X Print dialog says "Use Save, not Print", but Acrobat's Save As doesn't seem to have a 2-up option. How to do this? In article <siegman-3CA794.13163209042005@news.stanford.edu>, AES <siegman@stanford.edu> wrote: > OS X allows one to print most documents to a PDF file and/or to print > documents "2 up" ...

how i can extract text from the PDF files,power point files,Ms word files?
hi friends, i need to extract text from the power point files,word files,pdf files for my application.Is it possible to extract the text from the those files .If yes plz give solution to this problem.i would be thankful if u givve solution to this problem On 25 Oct 2005 23:10:44 -0700, "crazyprakash" <prince.prakash18@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >hi friends, > i need to extract text from the power point files,word >files,pdf files for my application.Is it possible to extract the text >from the th...

Combining PDF and XML files into PDF
My app reads an XML file into my database, allows editing the content, then produces a new XML file and, optionally, a PDF file from the same data. I'm currently using REXML to readin the XML file, Builder to write the new XML file out, and PDF::Writer to write the PDF file. Now I need to put the XML data into the PDF file and have the result conform to the Adobe spec for that. I'd really appreciate any suggestions re: the best / easiest approach to 'get there from here'. TIA, Bill On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 02:45:11AM +0900, bill walton wrote: > My app reads an XML file ...

Web resources about - A PDF into a FM file then save as pdf... how to have alll the pages of the included pdf file - comp.text.frame

*batteries not included - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
*batteries not included is a 1987 family - science fiction film directed by Matthew Robbins about small extraterrestrial living machines that ...

App Folders For Home Included In Update To Facebook For Android App
Late last month, Facebook added application folders to its Home Android overlay in the beta version of Facebook for Android 3.4. The feature ...

Instrumental Music (100 Tracks Included) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Instrumental Music (100 Tracks Included) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

OK Go - Hello, My Treacherous Friends [Lyrics included] (HQ) - YouTube
I love this song (: Well here are the lyrics. (NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED) _________●๋•_________ Sitting for lunch in a square in this ...

More families take home a holiday - batteries deliberately not included
Domestic travel is back in vogue - and it is Australian families leading the charge.

Canberra lobbies ARU to be included on Wallabies schedule for Australian matches
The ACT government has started a bid to lure the Wallabies back to Canberra, lobbying the Australian Rugby Union last week to add the capital ...

Modern wedding vows included no online flirting
"I DO' is becoming something more like "I might", as one in three lovebirds refuses to vow "til death do us part" at the altar.

Brumbies winger Henry Speight included in Wallabies squad
ACT Brumbies winger Henry Speight has been included in the Wallabies squad for the Rugby Championships, despite the Fijian-born winger not being ...

How Hazel won so many hearts, Libs included
She remains a role model for the 'me' generation.

Prince Australia tour: Perth not included in superstar's itinerary
&#160;Prince's surprise tour of Australia now has dates and venues but still not show times.