[Reading a PDF] highlight text?

Hi,
my university offers some materials as PDF only. About 300 pages. I'd rather
read on my LCD than pay for a heap of print-outs. But I need to
mark/highlight, maybe even annotate certain passages.

I don't see a this possibility in Acrobat Reader 5 for MacOS X. Hidden
somewhere? Or can I convert the PDF to .doc (Word has nice highlghting)?

--
  Tobias Weber

0
towb (69)

Tobias Weber <towb@gmx.net> wrote:

>my university offers some materials as PDF only. About 300 pages. I'd rather
>read on my LCD than pay for a heap of print-outs. But I need to
>mark/highlight, maybe even annotate certain passages.
>
>I don't see a this possibility in Acrobat Reader 5 for MacOS X.

Acrobat Reader is just a Reader. The commercial Acrobat product can
highlight and save PDFs.  Look for academic pricing.

>Or can I convert the PDF to .doc (Word has nice highlghting)?

With Acrobat you could.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite
7/29/2003 11:55:00 AM
29.07.2003 13:55 Uhr Aandi Inston wrote:

> Tobias Weber <towb@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> my university offers some materials as PDF only. About 300 pages. I'd rather
>> read on my LCD than pay for a heap of print-outs. But I need to
>> mark/highlight, maybe even annotate certain passages.

> Acrobat Reader is just a Reader. The commercial Acrobat product can
> highlight and save PDFs.  Look for academic pricing.

I found that it is installed on the faculty's W2k machines. The comment
features are great. Couldn't find *single* academic licenses though.

>> Or can I convert the PDF to .doc (Word has nice highlghting)?
>
> With Acrobat you could.

There only was "save as rtf", which did not include images. Those could be
exported separately as png. In this case good enough. Nothing .doc, however.

--
  Tobias Weber

0
Tobias

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

Convert PDF image to PDF text
Hi, I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? Thanx You will have to scan it using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) application and then create a PDF file. -- Don Vancouver, USA <WhiteLen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193737890.691267.165820@z9g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the > text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? > > Thanx > Any recommendation for OCR application? ...

PDF image of text to readable text ?
Seems there are web based tools and software. My son needs text to have it read for him. He has a PC. Found PDF reader $50 , http://thurly.net/11ia and http://thurly.net/11i4 the last being google. Wondering what you folks found useful or use ? Thanks! -- Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden http://uppitywis.org/ live WI ...

convert text images in pdf to text
Hi, I have a pdf file where someone scanned in pages from a book and stored them as images in a pdf file which is 16 meg. Is there an easy way I can do some kind of OCR on this file to just get plain text from the images of text in the pdf? Using a standard pdf to txt converter won't work because the file contains images of text as it appears in the book. Thanks, Ben -- Cheap long distance calling using Onesuite (http://www.onesuite.com). 2.5 cents/min anywhere in the U.S., to Canada or the U.K. No monthly or connection fees! Use promotional code 038664643 for 20 free minutes. Tr...

convert PDF images to PDF text (OCR)
Hi, I have a book which was entirely scanned into a PDF, there are approximately 300 pages. The problem is that each page is an image of the paper page, not selectable text. How can I convert this PDF made of images to a text-selectable PDF? Or directly convert it to Word? I suppose I'll need some form of OCR. Thanks in advance, Raphael Yes, since you have an image, you need to OCR it into data. You will not have much luck with any formating info, but most OCR programs today to a pretty good job if the image is fairly clean . Larry T. larrynospam@nospamjbmsystems.com wrote in message...

Has anyone tried PDF text to SVG text?
Has anyone tried PDF text to SVG text? http://www.pdftron.com/pdf2svg/index.html The pdfTron PDF2SVG converter enables users to publish PDF documents in SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics), the open-standard W3C recommendation for high-end graphics on the web. The flawless conversion process produces compact SVG documents that can be viewed using freely available SVG viewers and plugins. "Dr Joolz" <jxm96c@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c1oo74$kkv$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk... > Has anyone tried PDF text to SVG text? > > pdf2vector is available in desktop, ser...

scanned image pdf to searchable text pdf
We have a lot of pdf files that are just scanned images of documents. How easy is it to change these into pdf's that we can search for specific words. I believe Adobe Acrobat Capture will do this when the document is originally scanned, but can it use pdf's that have already been created. If it can, can this process be automated to convert 100s of pdf files? Are there other alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Capture as it is not cheap for a large number of documents? I am new to this, so please keep it simple. Thanks for any help. Adrian HI, As you indicated, your pdf's are ...

read text from pdf file
hello list!! I want to read some text from pdf files.. How can i do that using a java program.. Please give your valuable suggestions.. thanks On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:15:54 -0600, atishay kumar wrote (in article <1108142154.862842.285880@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>): > hello list!! > I want to read some text from pdf files.. How can i do that using a > java program.. Please give your valuable suggestions.. > thanks > PDFBox works well for this although last time I used it, it was somewhat slow. More info can be found here <http://www.pdfbox.org/> -- Bill ...

Underline PDF text while reading
How can I underline words or paragraphs while I'm reading a PDF book? Do I need any software? (I've got only Acrobat reader5... and I prefer free software) Can I also add any bookmarks to the ebook? Thank you Pas ...

read plain text from PDF
Hi all, I'm a newby to iText, I've made some little program to generate PDF files and all worked well. Now my need is to read plain text from PDF files to make a PDF search engine: but it seem, from tutorials and postings in this newsgroup, that is impossible to get text written from a PDF files. Is this the definitive answer? In tutorial, chap 13, a phrase let me some hopes: " there are ways to retrieve text from an existing PDF ". Which "ways"? Thank you in advance. "Pier" <plz@virgilio.it> wrote: >Now my need is to read plain text from PDF...

How to highlight text in the PDF file?
I am creating a plugin for acrobat that will select text from the PDF file through mouse dragging. Later on we will retrieve that selected text from the PDF file. Do anybody have an idea how to do it? ...

highlight text in pdf with review
Hi there, quick question. I'm looking for a way to set pdf remarks with pdflatex. The idea: With Adobe you can mark text in a pdf file for review. The highlighted text is then showed in the review tracker toolbar. Is there a way to generate similar stuff with latex. I'm aware of the soul package to highlight text. Works great, but does not add the pdfremark. Thanks Peter Am Tue, 9 Jun 2009 08:56:36 -0700 (PDT) schrieb PM998: > Hi there, > > quick question. > I'm looking for a way to set pdf remarks with pdflatex. > The idea: With Adobe you can mark text in a ...

Web resources about - [Reading a PDF] highlight text? - comp.text.pdf

Magic Tour Highlights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Magic Tour Highlights is an EP by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band , which consists of four live audio tracks and their accompanying videos, ...

Facebook Weekly Highlights Brings You Justice (As In Victoria), More Will Ferrell
Facebook Weekly Highlights features photos and videos posted to the social network by celebrities and athletes. This week’s edition featured ...

Pacific Motorway crash highlights need for new Brisbane-Gold Coast project
A 15-year-old plan to preserve land for an alternative to the congested Pacific Motorway, a plan quietly dumped by the previous Queensland government, ...

FA Cup wrap, highlights: Arsenal, Tottenham, Manchester City win as Liverpool-West Ham draw - HeraldSun ...
MANCHESTER City remain in the hunt for a record trophy quadruple after a hat-trick from teenager Kelechi Iheanacho helped them demolish Aston ...

Highlights And Big Winners From 2016 SAG Awards
Hollywood's best gathered for the 2016 Screen Actors Guild Awards

Cloud, Surface are the highlights of Microsoft’s $23.8 billion quarter
Microsoft posted revenue of $23.8 billion in the second quarter of its 2016 financial year, down 10 percent from the same quarter a year ago. ...

New ‘Batman v Superman’ trailer highlights the superhero showdown of the year
Six comic book movies are scheduled to release in 2016, but none are the subject of quite as much consternation as Batman v Superman: Dawn of ...

Tom Brady, Derek Jeter Chatting Highlights Michigan's National Signing Day Event - Bleacher Report
The Michigan Wolverines are going all out on national signing day, holding a big event Wednesday that has brought in some of the biggest names ...

Anti-ISIS summit highlights worries over newest stronghold
U.S. presses need to deny extremist group another "false caliphate with access to billions of dollars," but nobody seems ready to act

Chef's suspected suicide highlights pressure-cooker of haute cuisine
Washington Post Chef's suspected suicide highlights pressure-cooker of haute cuisine Centre Daily Times In this Oct. 8, 2012 file photo chef ...