About Spelling and Grammar in PDF files

Hey guys,

I have been using Acrobat Reader for the past eight years. In time, it
size and price increased, but its interface and features (useful for
normal users like me) other than not so useful options such as read
aloud were not my money's worth. It still misses a simple spell check
and grammar, atleast in my Acrobat Reader, things that take most of my
time to fix. It's a great addon if there was an option to check for
grammar and thesaurus based on the currently accepted styles.

Any help or suggestion for this newbie?

Regards
Kris

0
chikkubhai (38)
6/29/2007 2:11:43 AM
comp.text.pdf 5584 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

chikkubhai wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I have been using Acrobat Reader for the past eight years. In time, it
> size and price increased, but its interface and features (useful for
> normal users like me) other than not so useful options such as read
> aloud were not my money's worth. It still misses a simple spell check
> and grammar, atleast in my Acrobat Reader, things that take most of my
> time to fix. It's a great addon if there was an option to check for
> grammar and thesaurus based on the currently accepted styles.

Why would you want one? It is a page viewer, even if you did spot a
misspelling you can't do much about it. The spellchecker should be in the
originating application (InDesign, Quark etc).

My Acrobat Reader and other PDF viewers have all been free. There are some
open source readers; you could take one of them and add a spellchecker to
it.

--
Eric
0
chikkubhai <chikkubhai@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have been using Acrobat Reader for the past eight years. In time, it
>size and price increased

The price increased from free to free?
Aandi Inston

quite
6/29/2007 6:53:58 AM
Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about the Adobe Acrobat
Professional (not the reader) and also all other full versions of
Illustrator, Photoshop that I have been using for years, and always
referred to it as 'acrobat reader', all the while, although not
purchased by my own money, but a copy from my organization.

Anyways, again, Is there a way I could check my grammar and thesaurus
in Adobe Acrobate 7.0 Professional. Will they be doing any thing about
this important feature?

An excerpt from http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200501/010505Acrobat.html:
          Acrobat 7.0 Professional has an estimated street price of US
$449. Registered users of Acrobat 4.0, Acrobat 5.0, Acrobat 6.0
Standard, or Acrobat 6.0 Professional can upgrade to Acrobat 7.0
Professional for an estimated street price of US$159. Acrobat 7.0
Standard has an estimated street price of US$299. Registered users of
Acrobat 4.0, Acrobat 5.0 or Acrobat 6.0 Standard can upgrade to
Acrobat 7.0 Standard for an estimated street price of US$99. The
products also are available through Adobe's Open Options licensing
programs.

0
chikkubhai
6/30/2007 6:56:09 AM
chikkubhai wrote:

> Anyways, again, Is there a way I could check my grammar and thesaurus
> in Adobe Acrobate 7.0 Professional. Will they be doing any thing about
> this important feature?

Iceni Infix has a spell checker -- fully functional in the demo version.

No thesaurus.
0
PDFrank
Similar artilces about - About Spelling and Grammar in PDF files: