Acrobat Reader 6.0 "Display PDF in browser" doesn't work

I'm using Acrobat Reader 6.0 with IE6 and Firefox 0.9.2. In Acrobat
Reader I've deselected "Display PDF in browser" but the reader still
comes-up in the browser.
Does this menu option actually do anything?

Thanks, SM

Eudora 6.0.3 "intersects nickname" in Filter doesn't work after upgrading from 6.0.1
I just upgraded from 6.0.1 to 6.0.3 tonight. After upgrading and downloading my new messages, any messages that should have been filtered with an "intersects nickname" criteria are *not* being filtered. I've had absolutely no filtering problems ever since starting to use Eudora back at version 5.2. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for this? Thank you. Trevor and Michelle Gough <TGnot@invalid> wrote: > I just upgraded from 6.0.1 to 6.0.3 tonight. > After upgrading and downloading my new messages, any messages that should > have been f...

Acrobat 8
Anyone know if there is a way to read / write the "summary" information about the PDFs in a PDF package - the information that appears in the PDF Package Navigation Bar for each PDF in a package - via JavaScript or any other method? Pardon my ignorance, but I'm unable to find any mention of the PDF Package in the SDK documentation or elsewhere - anyone know where I should be looking? Thanks, Patrick ...

lynx 'browser' can't do "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>"
lynx is lighteningly fast to fetch a set of pages [via a script] via dump > fileID. But [my current version] doesn't render the 'style' of: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" What is this new "xml" crap ? Will it likely take over the older *.html ? Thanks for any info, == Chris Glur. news@absamail.co.za wrote in news:1172596265.663611@vasbyt.isdsl.net: > lynx is lighteningly fast to fetch a set of pages [via a script] via > dump > fileID. > > But [my current version] doesn't ...

Can't Find Answer Any Where (What would you do/try): fopen ("file on shared drive","w+") doesn't work on 2nd call using Windows LabView DDL
Hello, I have a shared drive on SGI, Linux, and Windows. The fact that I'm using a shared drive may be mute information. The problem is within the same program a second call to fopen does not create a file if the file has been deleted. I would like to use fopen for its pointer return value to solve this. What is the best way to fix this problem? The reason I want to do this is I do not want to exit completely from LabView and then re-enter it to create the file! I talked to my system person and he said something "like" this. That it is a caching problem. Windows has the fil...

"error C2057: expected constant expression", "error C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0". Why doesn't my simple program work???
Hi: I have the following simple program: #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main(int argc, char* argv[]){ const double L = 1.234; const int T = static_cast<const int>(L); int arr[T]; return 0; } But I get the error message shown in title. Why doesn't my program work? Thanks for help! On 2007-01-20 17:08, hn.ft.pris@gmail.com wrote: > Hi: > I have the following simple program: > > #include<iostream> > using namespace std; > int...

FAQ 5.34 Why can't I use "C:\temp\foo" in DOS paths? Why doesn't `C:\temp\foo.exe` work? #6
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.34: Why can't I use "C:\temp\foo" in DOS paths? Why doesn't `C:\temp\foo.exe` work? Whoops! You just put a tab and a formfeed into that filename! Remember that within double quoted strings (&quo...

FAQ 5.35 Why can't I use "C:\temp\foo" in DOS paths? Why doesn't `C:\temp\foo.exe` work? #6
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.35: Why can't I use "C:\temp\foo" in DOS paths? Why doesn't `C:\temp\foo.exe` work? Whoops! You just put a tab and a formfeed into that filename! Remember that within double quoted strings (&qu...

"Load" Works, But "Require" Doesn't?
Can someone please explain what's going on here. No matter what I try, every time I call require() with a relative path, it comes back with "LoadError: no such file to load". Yet, at the same time, load() works perfectly fine with the exact same relative path. Require() doesn't seem to have a problem with absolute paths, in fact this bit of code works flawlessly... require File.expand_path('subfolder/file.rb') ...but the follow code fails with the LoadError mentioned earlier... require 'subfolder/file.rb' I've got RubyGem's installed, ...

"dump" and "restore" doesn't seem to work
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C42744.E8EE7EA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hello, I installed progresql 7.3.1, windows proof of concept, on a AMD 1.8 OS Win= dows XP. So it should run without cygwin. When I try to dump/restore a database I always get the message from windows= it can't find cygz.dll. Windows tells me to reinstall progresql. I assume I have to install extra libraries...or is it already a bug in the = proof of concept?=20 Thanx in ad...

Linux
http://www.murrayc.com/blog/permalink/2008/03/28/webcams-that-just-work-with-ubuntu/ <quote> As I've said before, I think the hardware lists on the Ubuntu wiki are mostly useless for real users because nobody is insisting that "just works" really means "just works", and nobody is flagging the ones that really do just work. </quote> And if you finally can get it to work with linux.... <quote> got a Pro 9000 around Christmas because I read that it "Just Works". It did not work in Ubuntu 7.04. I chased and chased and could not solve i...

flags "0" for num2str doesn't work
Hi, I need some suggestion for the num2str command I have used tmp = num2str( 0.98, '%03.4f'); and the answer is '0.9800' However, I need to keep the same length of the character, i.e. 8, so I want my answer to be '000.9800'. I thought that if I use '%03.4f', it will put '0' instead of space. Am I missing something? Thank you Paul wrote: > > > Hi, > > I need some suggestion for the num2str command > > I have used > tmp = num2str( 0.98, '%03.4f'); > and the answer is > '0.9800' > > However, I need t...

problem configuring network ("host" works, "ping" doesn't)
Hi, I just downloaded and installed my very first OpenSolaris... and have problems with the very basic things like configuring network. Overall, connectivity works, I can ping remote hosts using IP addresses. Trying to ping using hostname (i.e. ping opensolaris.org) doesn't work - ping says that the host is unknown. On the other hand, "host opensolaris.org" returns a correct IP address - which proves that DNS is set OK in /etc/resolv.conf. What did I miss? I noticed I had to correct /etc/nsswitch.conf (to use dns for hosts), but other than that, I've no idea what I'm...

"ruby myscript.rb" Works, "./myscript.rb" Doesn't
I have a script. When I run it via "ruby myscript.rb", it works great. When I run it via "./myscript.rb", it complains: : No such file or directory. The top of the file starts with "#!/usr/bin/env ruby", which works for other scripts in the same directory. I know it's spelled right. And the file is set executable. The colon (":") at the start of the error message makes me think it's looking for a file with no name when it should be looking for my script. Again, the script works great when run as a param to the "ruby..." command...

"Casting SPELs in Lisp" doesn't work on "Lisp in a Box"
Hi, I'm new to Lisp. I found this excellent newbie tutorial and I was trying to follow it on LispBox, but it dies when I try to call (weld chain bucket) the error is: 0: frame binding variables (~ = dynamically): | ~ SYSTEM::*FASOUTPUT-STREAM* <--> NIL 1: EVAL frame for form (QUOTE) 2: EVAL frame for form (LIST (LIST 'AND '(EQ *LOCATION* 'ATTIC) (LIST 'EQ (LIST 'QUOTE SUBJECT) ''CHAIN) (LIST 'EQ (LIST 'QUOTE OBJECT) ''BUCKET) '(HAVE 'CHAIN)) (QUOTE) 'REST) 3: EVAL frame for form (LIST 'COND (LIST (LIST 'AND '...

Web resources about - Acrobat Reader 6.0 "Display PDF in browser" doesn't work - comp.text.pdf