add Hyperlinks to an existing .pdf

I have an existing .pdf that has URLs in the text. How do I make those
functional hyperlinks so the reader can click on them and go to that site?
I've played a bit with different features but can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance

So I use the Link tool to make the text active. This appears to be similar
to a web page "hotspot". Is there a way to have it default to opening in a
browser instead of asking if it should open in Acrobat or a browser?

"J Marro" <fordprefect@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> I have an existing .pdf that has URLs in the text. How do I make those
> functional hyperlinks so the reader can click on them and go to that site?
> I've played a bit with different features but can't figure it out.
>
> Thanks in advance

Acrobat 5 has a feature marked "Create links from URLs in text" or some such
wording but it failed to find the three URLs in the text of the .pdf. Does
you know if the feature works better in Acrobat 6?

I also read something about tagging the document before creating the .pdf. I
think I read about it in the description of the PaperCapture plug-in.