Adding search text to image pdf

I have a 350 page scanned pdf.  I OCR'd it and now have a .txt file
with all of the text in it with page breaks in it.  What I want is to
view the PDF as original scan images, but be able to search (to the
page or word) using the text in the text file.  I can't figure it out,
how do I attach the text to the pdf?  I'm using Acrobat 5 on win2000.
Is this possible without buying any extra software?

I know I've seen PDFs that use original images but somehow link the
OCR text with individual word images.  Thanks for any help.
0
postalgbv

postalgbv@hotmail.com (Eric) wrote in message news:<33b46e27.0309041117.72fa9968@posting.google.com>...
> I have a 350 page scanned pdf.  I OCR'd it and now have a .txt file
> with all of the text in it with page breaks in it.  What I want is to
> view the PDF as original scan images, but be able to search (to the
> page or word) using the text in the text file.  I can't figure it out,
> how do I attach the text to the pdf?  I'm using Acrobat 5 on win2000.
> Is this possible without buying any extra software?
>
> I know I've seen PDFs that use original images but somehow link the
> OCR text with individual word images.  Thanks for any help.

I do not know what software you used to create the text file.  But
apps like Acrobat Capture, Finereader, Textbridge etc would have given
you the option while saving after recognition/correction, to do a
'Image + Text' save in pdf format.
Now I guess you can create new pdfs with your txt files (I assume from
your post that txt file formatting is nearly identical to the image
only pdf) using distiller or GS and then using the object touch up
tool in Acrobat do a 'paste in back' operation on the image pdf after
copying from the .txt pdf.

Not probably the perfect solution, but it works.  Any better
solutions?
Ravi
0
lockadoc