Adobe PDF printer v6.0 trouble

The Adobe PDF printer uses a printer port named PDF port.
This worked fine in Adobe Acrobat v5.
Since I upgraded to Adobe Acrobat v6.0 my Adobe PDF printer looses the PDF
port all te time, resulting in an offline printer status
Configuring a new PDF port is impossible since for some reason this type of
port is not available anymore.
It's just disappeared from Windows (XP professional).
The only thing I know that works is reinstalling Acrobat.
But after some days the same happens again and again and ....
Has anyone the same experiences and if so, is there a better solution then
reinstalling all the time?
Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Peer.