AN: GuruGram #23 ...

   ...is newly uploaded as http://www.tinaja.com/glib/jpg2pdf.pdf

It is on jpeg to PDF image conversion tricks and techniques.

Please also see http://www.tinaja.com/info01.asp and
http://www.tinaja.com/advt01.asp

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics   3860 West First Street  Box 809  Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email: don@tinaja.com fax 847-574-1462

don117 (203)

Don Lancaster <don@tinaja.com> wrote in news:3F0C94F5.ED1F86B@tinaja.com:
>    ...is newly uploaded as http://www.tinaja.com/glib/jpg2pdf.pdf
>
> It is on jpeg to PDF image conversion tricks and techniques.

And the PostScript connection is...?

(Not to mention sci.electonics.design)

--
Matti Vuori, <http://sivut.koti.soon.fi/mvuori/index-e.htm>

0
mvuori (67)
7/9/2003 10:33:55 PM
On 9 Jul 2003 17:53:35 -0700, Winfield Hill <whill@picovolt.com>
wrote:

>Matti wrote...
>>
>> Don Lancaster <don@tinaja.com> wrote:
>>> ...is newly uploaded as http://www.tinaja.com/glib/jpg2pdf.pdf
>>>
>>> It is on jpeg to PDF image conversion tricks and techniques.
>>
>> And the PostScript connection is...?
>> (Not to mention sci.electonics.design)
>
> Matti, please don't parade your ignorance.  OK, sorry for the
> strength of my response, but that's what happens when you shit
> on someone inappropriately.  Postscript is at the foundation of
> acrobat files, and using both skillfully is a critical skill for
> most serious engineering folks.  We appreciate Don's offerings.
>
> Thanks,
>    - Win

Absolutely!

(Why do we seem to have so many *non-contributors* that suddenly want
to tell us how *OUR* newsgroup will function?)

                                        ...Jim Thompson
|  Jim-T@analog_innovations.com  Fax:(480)460-2142  |  Brass Rat  |

            For proper E-mail replies SWAP "-" and "_"

   Get Lolita Out of Debt... Add Three Inches to Your Mortgage!
0
Jim-T (6)
7/10/2003 1:23:15 AM
Jim wrote...

> Win wrote:
>> Matti wrote...
>>>
>>> And the PostScript connection is...?
>>> (Not to mention sci.electonics.design)
>>
>> Matti, please don't parade your ignorance.  OK, sorry for the
>> strength of my response, but that's what happens when you shit
>> on someone inappropriately.  Postscript is at the foundation of
>> acrobat files, and using both skillfully is a critical skill for
>> most serious engineering folks.  We appreciate Don's offerings.
>
> Absolutely!
>
> (Why do we seem to have so many *non-contributors* that suddenly
> want to tell us how *OUR* newsgroup will function?)

 Now that I look, Matti says on his home page that he's a
 research scientist and is "experienced in ... PDF publishing."
 Seeing that, I retract my "ignorance" jab and apologize, but I
 am puzzled at his remark - maybe he was just having a bad day?

 Anyway, Matti should wander around in Don's massive pdf /
 postscript writings, just for the fun of it.  For that matter,
 he might enjoy perusing in Google a few of the lengthy s.e.d.
 threads we had over the years on Acrobat and postscript files.

> Get Lolita Out of Debt... Add Three Inches to Your Mortgage!

 Jim, is there as story for us behind your sig remark?

 Thanks,
    - Win

0
whill (2)
7/10/2003 11:03:39 AM
Jim wrote...

> SPAMNIX now features Bayesian rule making.
> But it only works with Eudora (as a plug-in).

 Mozilla (and now Netscape) has had Bayesian filtering for
 a while, but I haven't used it yet.  Sounds very promising.

 Thanks,
    - Win

0
whill (2)
7/10/2003 3:30:14 PM
Sylvan Butler <Znospam+noZs_0307@hpb13799Z.Zboi.hpZ.com.invalid> wrote in

> Maybe I'll rip it apart myself, or find another Bayesian mail filter...

Take a look at <http://www.fourmilab.ch/annoyance-filter>

excerpts from man page:

To train annoyance-filter with these collections and create a dictionary,
use a command like:

annoyance-filter --mail m-good --junk m-junk --prune --write dict.bin

[m-good and m-junk are mbox format]

Suppose you have an E-mail message in the file mail.txt. To compute its
junk priority and display it on standard output, use the command:

annoyance-filter --read dict.bin --test mail.txt

--
Ross Presser -- rpresser AT imtek DOT com
"... VB is essentially the modern equivalent of vulgar Latin in 13th