Can't upgrade from 6.0 to 7.0

I've been trying to upgrade to or fresh install version 7.0 of the Acrobat
Reader but can't get it to run. Version 6 is fine but if I try and do
anything with version 7 it seems to do nothing (or perhaps it shuts down so
quick nothing appears on screen?). I get no error messages or any events in
the event logs. I've removed 7.0 and reinstalled 6.0 and all is well again.
I'm at a complete loss as to how to proceed. Any ideas?

0
CWatters

Any chance that you just installed SP2 on Win XP? That may be the problem
> I've been trying to upgrade to or fresh install version 7.0 of the Acrobat
> Reader but can't get it to run. Version 6 is fine but if I try and do
> anything with version 7 it seems to do nothing (or perhaps it shuts down
so
> quick nothing appears on screen?). I get no error messages or any events
in
> the event logs. I've removed 7.0 and reinstalled 6.0 and all is well
again.
> I'm at a complete loss as to how to proceed. Any ideas?

0
Dan
4/23/2005 12:53:29 AM
"Dan Sideen" <dansideen@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Any chance that you just installed SP2 on Win XP? That may be the problem

No I've put off installing SP2 until I get my tax accounts done. Cant afford
PC to be out of action just now :-)

I can't understand why version 7.0 makes so little effort to run or at least
produce an error message somewhere. Version 6 works fine but I'd like to be
able to udate it one day soon.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Colin

0