Convert PDF image to PDF text

Hi,

I have a PDF file with image text  documents. hence I can't search the
text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file?

Thanx

0
WhiteLen (1)

You will have to scan it using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
application and then create a PDF file.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

<WhiteLen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a PDF file with image text  documents. hence I can't search the
> text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file?
>
> Thanx

0
Don
10/30/2007 10:18:35 AM
Any recommendation for OCR application?

On Oct 30, 12:18 pm, "Don Schmidt" <Don Engin...@PNB.Retired_1987>
wrote:
> You will have to scan it using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
> application and then create a PDF file.
>
> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>
> <White...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > I have a PDF file with image text  documents. hence I can't search the
> > text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file?
>
> > Thanx- Hide quoted text -

WhiteLen
10/30/2007 11:33:57 AM
WhiteLen@gmail.com wrote:

>Any recommendation for OCR application?

Acrobat can do this.
Aandi Inston

quite
10/30/2007 3:09:24 PM
I.R.I.S. came with my HP 8200 scanner and I use it.

--

> Any recommendation for OCR application?
>
> On Oct 30, 12:18 pm, "Don Schmidt" <Don Engin...@PNB.Retired_1987>
> wrote:
>> You will have to scan it using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
>> application and then create a PDF file.
>>
>> --
>> Don
>> Vancouver, USA
>>
>> <White...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Hi,
>>
>> > I have a PDF file with image text  documents. hence I can't search the
>> > text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file?
>>
>> > Thanx- Hide quoted text -

Don
10/30/2007 6:29:43 PM
On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, quite@dial.pipex.con (Aandi Inston) wrote:

>WhiteLen@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>Any recommendation for OCR application?
>
>Acrobat can do this.

Of course. On Pro its on the Document menu. But what I had a problem doing
was editing the OCR's mistakes. I tried the Tools -> Advanced Editing ->
TouchUp Text Tool. But I was having problems when the number of scanned
characters was greater in the text than the image. So this is on hold for
now.

Don