convert PDF to Postscript by javascript

I need to convert PDF to Postscript files: I know that my Acrobat 5
give me the possibility to save a PDF in Postscript but I would like
to create a Javascript to have this thing in batch.

I tried to modify an existing batch sequence and obtained this code

<</Commands [/c <<>>]
/Input [/c <<	/FileVariation [/i 2]
	/SourceFileOptions [/c <<>>]
>>]
/Output [/c <<	/AddToBaseName [/b false]
	/DontOverwrite [/b false]
	/FileVariation [/i 0]
	/HandlerUniqueID [/s (com.adobe.acrobat.ps)]
	/InsertAfterBaseName [/t ()]
	/InsertBeforeBaseName [/t ()]
	/OptimizePDF [/b true]
	/PreselectedFolderPath [/c <<		/DI [/s (/C/Documents and
Settings/MENEGHINI/Desktop/flow/output)]
		/FS [/a /DOS]
>>]
>>]

that, unfortunately doesn't work.

Any advice?

Thank you,
Gianni Rubagotti
Arti Poligrafiche Europee
0
giannirubagotti

I don't believe you can actually save your PDF document as Postscript
via JavaScript in Acrobat 5.0. That is, via JavaScript you could only
save it as a PDF document.

In Acrobat 6 however they have provided this support in JavaScript,
and can save the PDF document to Postscript as follows (this is just
an example):

this.saveAs("/c/Temp/convertedPdf.ps", "com.adobe.acrobat.ps");

- Chris.
___________________________________

Chris Dahl - CTO, Solutions
ARTS PDF
chris.dahl@artspdf.com
http://www.artspdf.com/

giannirubagotti@yahoo.it (Gianni Rubagotti) wrote in message news:<43362944.0309150726.7312bf02@posting.google.com>...
> I need to convert PDF to Postscript files: I know that my Acrobat 5
> give me the possibility to save a PDF in Postscript but I would like
> to create a Javascript to have this thing in batch.
>
> I tried to modify an existing batch sequence and obtained this code
>
> <</Commands [/c <<>>]
> /Input [/c <<	/FileVariation [/i 2]
> 	/SourceFileOptions [/c <<>>]
> >>]
> /Output [/c <<	/AddToBaseName [/b false]
> 	/DontOverwrite [/b false]
> 	/FileVariation [/i 0]
> 	/HandlerUniqueID [/s (com.adobe.acrobat.ps)]
> 	/InsertAfterBaseName [/t ()]
> 	/InsertBeforeBaseName [/t ()]
> 	/OptimizePDF [/b true]
> 	/PreselectedFolderPath [/c <<		/DI [/s (/C/Documents and
> Settings/MENEGHINI/Desktop/flow/output)]
> 		/FS [/a /DOS]
> >>]
> >>]
> >>

> that, unfortunately doesn't work.
>
> Any advice?
>
> Thank you,
> Gianni Rubagotti
> Arti Poligrafiche Europee
0
chris

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

PDF Converter Mac
PDF Converter for Mac can help you: Convert PDF to Word Document (*.doc); Convert PDF to Excel spreadsheets (*.xls); Convert PDF to PowerPoint presentations (*.pptx); Convert PDF to EPUB eBooks (*.epub); Convert PDF to Text files (*.txt); Convert PDF to HTML pages (*.html); Print restricted PDF files; Resize images of PDF files; Edit PDF files in Microsoft Office; Share PDF files on internet easily; Change contents in any existing PDF files; Modify typos and misspellings in PDF files; Calculate and edit data in Microsoft Excel; Read PDF eBooks on mobile devices, such as iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Sony reader and more; Extract the text, images, graphics, tables and hyperlinks for reusing in other applications. More Info: http://www.pdf-converter-mac.net/ PDF to Word Converter for Mac: http://www.pdf-converter-mac.net/pdf-to-word/ PDF to Word Converter for Mac is specially designed for Mac users, which helps to convert PDF to Word on Mac OS X. PDF to PPT Converter for Mac: http://www.pdf-converter-mac.net/pdf-to-ppt/ PDF to PPT Converter for Mac empowers Mac users to convert PDF to Microsoft PowerPoint accurately. PDF to Excel Converter for Mac: http://www.pdf-converter-mac.net/pdf-to-excel/ PDF to Excel Converter for Mac extracts the data in the PDF file to Excel spreadsheets for easy editing and calculating. PDF to ePub Converter for Mac: http://www.pdf-converter-mac.net/pdf-to-epub/ PDF to EPUB Converter for Mac is an efficient PDF to E...

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Convert postscript to PDF or text in OSX
I understand that you can convert postscript files to pdf using some command line utility built into OSX. (When i was reading about PStill http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/3629 an Adobe Distill type of program for OSX $70. But the command is free.) What command do i use? % man pdf returned nothing. I actually want to convert postscript files to the simple text format. They are all text, columns and rows of names and numbers. The idea is to get test scores with associated ID#s into a spreadsheet. The text returned will have spaces instead of tabs so it will be clumb...

How can I convert .txt to .pdf or .pdf to .pdf, controlling fonts?
I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this involves either 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with control of the font, or 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to an Arial font .pdf and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a mac or on a pc? In article <4cdd4f7e$0$18655$c3e8da3$38634283@news.astraweb.com>, Gary <gary_w1@hotline.com> wrote: > I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find > the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the > Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this > involves either > > 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with > control of the font, or > > 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to > an Arial font .pdf > > and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. > > So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a > mac or on a pc? Open the file in Quicken. Use the Arial font in the size of your choice. Select "Print" and then click on the "PDF" button on the print dialog box. Se...

Convert RGB pdf to CMYK pdf
Hi all Have a client who insists on using MS Word as a DTP package. PDFs created from the word.doc(s) are in RGB format whereas the repro house needs the PDF(s) in CMYK format. Are there any converters etc to covert either .ps or .pdf form RGB to CMYK, please? TIA Chris > Are there any converters etc to covert either .ps or .pdf form RGB to CMYK, > please? Quite A Box Of Tricks http://www.quite.com/box/features.htm redak Chris Chamberlain wrote: > > Hi all > > Have a client who insists on using MS Word as a DTP package. > > PDFs created from the word.doc(s) are in RGB format whereas the repro house > needs the PDF(s) in CMYK format. > > Are there any converters etc to covert either .ps or .pdf form RGB to CMYK, > please? > Well, I won't judge on (mis)using MS Word as a DTP package, but the repro house should have professional tools to do that conversion. There are several tools out there, e.g. Heidelberg's Supercolor (though it is commercial and costs nearly 800 EUR). Helge -- H.Blischke@srz-berlin.de H.Blischke@srz-berlin.com H.Blischke@acm.org Thanks redak Wishful thinking that there might exist a standalone executable? Chris ...

Problems converting PDF to PDF/A with ghostscript
I am running Ghostscript 8.71 on Windows. I have tried just about every combination of switches and ICC profiles. The command that seems to work the best is as follows: gswin32 -dPDFA -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dNOOUTERSAVE -dUseCIEColor - sProcessColorModel=DeviceCMYK -sDEVICE=pdfwrite - sOutputFile=out_pdfa.pdf input_pdf.pdf This yields a seemingly valid PDF/A-1b (CMYK) for most files. I am able to open the files in acrobat and successfully validate the conformity of the document to the aforementioned PDF/A standard. Certain files do not pass the PDF/A conformity validation in Acrobat, despite the note in Acrobat stating the file is being viewed in PDF/A mode. The preflight test reports the following error: CIDset in subset font is incomplete ArialBoldItalicMT 14.112 pt TrueType (CID) embedded (as a subset) If I convert the offensive input_pdf.pdf file using Acrobat by printing to the Adobe PDF printer and selecting the PDF/A-1b (CMYK) standard the output PDF passes the preflight without any errors. Does anyone have any suggestions for consistently producing valid PDF/ A-1b (CMYK) documents with Ghostscript? Cheers! In article <6cfcdbba-47de-4be1-8e93- 1d4255ab0ebf@t2g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>, brent.m.edwards@gmail.com says... > I am running Ghostscript 8.71 on Windows. I have tried just about > every combination of switches and ICC profiles. The command that seems > to work the best is as follows: > > gswin32 -dPDFA -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dNOOUTERSA...

cmyk PDF -convert to PDF of separations?
Is it possible using gostscript to convert a PDF to a PDF of cmyk separations? I realise there are options like colorspace and that there's a deviceN device that is a mystery to me. It seemes possible to produce separations as TIFFs, but that's not what I'm after. I just want page 1 to be split into 4 (greyscale) pages, one for each plate. any help/pointers much appreciated. (I'm using debian/testing linux with gpl and esp gs) shinyblue wrote: > > Is it possible using gostscript to convert a PDF to a PDF of cmyk > separations? > > I realise there are options like colorspace and that there's a deviceN > device that is a mystery to me. It seemes possible to produce > separations as TIFFs, but that's not what I'm after. I just want page 1 > to be split into 4 (greyscale) pages, one for each plate. > > any help/pointers much appreciated. > > (I'm using debian/testing linux with gpl and esp gs) I haven't been after the details on doing separations with Ghostscript, but as I remember, since 8.xx (xx presumably 50 or later), gs can do one separation. You'd have to run the composite file 4 times through, once for each separation, I think. Look into the recent documentation at www.ghostscript.com for the details. Helge -- Helge Blischke Softwareentwicklung SRZ Berlin | Firmengruppe besscom http://www.srz.de Thanks, but the documentation I could find just talks about tiffs (and other raster forma...

Converting PDF to text
What would people recommend for converting PDF to Text that: a) can be purchased on CDROM (no downloading) b) is compatible with MacOS X 10.5.1 c) can do this to a document that is 400 pages long I realize the result will be ugly compared to PDF. I am hoping for something less ugly than reading the PDF file with a text editor. I have looked at the Adobe.com website and I do not know enough about their various offerings that have Acrobat in the name. Besides, you folks might be less biased. In article <R8UDlPb3bL2d@eisner.encompasserve.org>, Kilgallen@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgal...

convert from PDF to postscript
We are creating PDF files in our application and storing them, but we must also print them. I have it narrowed down to executing LPR from the application. Sample postscript files printed OK with this command, so I need to convert PDF files to postscript. I've been looking for something to do this and can't find it. I found such things as a2ps and pdf2ps but no java implementation of these. Help is desperately needed converting PDF to PS for printing. hanks "David McDivitt" <x12code-del@del-yahoo.com> wrote in message news:vhvfv0p0ot5lnl236cefdvc61fdvno5cbj@4ax.com......

VeryPDF PDF To Image Converter v2.0
For Immediate Release Contact: support@verypdf.com http://www.verypdf.com/ http://www.verypdf.com/pdf2tif/index.htm VeryPDF PDF To Image Converter v2.0 - Convert Adobe PDF file to Image Formats PDF To Image Converter Introduction (Document) PDF To Image Converter is an application program based on Windows platform, which can directly convert PDF files to dozens of image formats, such as TIF, TIFF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, EMF, PCX, TGA and so on, it does support whole PDF file to image file conversion, include text, line, arc, ellipse, Bezier, color, image, form and other type elements. PD...

Convert text files to pdf/a
I need to convert many text files, a couple of hundred, each to one pdf/a file with the same name as the text file, for archiving. OS = Win2000. We have Acrobar Professional 7.0 . Is it the best tool for the task ? I am new to this. I was thinking about a command line script and a "for" command to go thru the text file list. How can I ensure that the result will indeed be in pdf/a ? I need this ASAP. Anybody ? Yours Zmurek jflato@o2.pl wrote: > I need to convert many text files, a couple of hundred, each to one > pdf/a file with the same name as the text file, for archivi...

4x PDF Help
Hi Everyone -- we've launched a new question and answer site for all PDF questions. It's based on the highly popular technology platform used by StackOverflow.com, and provides a great environment for getting your questions answered and answering other people's questions. Check it out --> http://help.4xpdf.com/ Cheers, - Rowan. ...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an existing file. ...

OT: convert pdf to text
is there any good (and preferably free) tool for converting pdfs to plain text? i know its OT, but i dont know where else to turn... -- You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback filox schrieb: > is there any good (and preferably free) tool for converting pdfs to plain > text? > i know its OT, but i dont know where else to turn... > Look at "pdftotext" ==> http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/ ....Rolf filox wrote: > is there any good (and preferably free) tool for converting pdfs to plain > text? > i know its OT, but i dont know where else to turn... > > -- > You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback Here's a freeware pdf reader that converts to text (among other things). http://www.pdf2exe.com/reader.html I think Foxit pdf reader might be able to do this also. -Dustin On 20 Jan 2007 06:50:12 -0800, Dustin wrote: > > Here's a freeware pdf reader that converts to text (among other > things). > > http://www.pdf2exe.com/reader.html Ugliest PDF rendering I've ever encountered (at least when run under wine on Linux). But I suppose that's irrelevant if one only wants conversion to text. Bob T. >>>>> "Rolf" == Rolf Niepraschk <Rolf.Niepraschk@gmx.de> writes: Rolf> filox schrieb: >> is there any good (and preferably free) tool for converting >> pdfs to plain text? Rolf> Look at "pdftotext"...

PDF TO PDF MULTIPAGES
Hello, (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf It doesn't work. Is works with jpeg files: gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle.pdf Thanks for Help. Christophe BADET Christophe BADET wrote: > Hello, > > (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) > i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: > > gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf > It doesn't work. > Is works with jpeg files: > gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle.pdf > Thanks for Help. > Christophe BADET No, this technique won't work, since the pdfwrite device supports multiple page output. You can get the result this way rem replace 33 with real last page number for /L %i in (1,1,33) do gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dFirstPage=%i -dLastPage=%i -sOutputFile=c:\fic-%i.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf But a much easier way is to use pdftk: pdftk.exe c:\colle.pdf burst http://www.pdfhacks.com/pdftk/ In article <456b03f5$0$1027$426a74cc@news.free.fr>, Christophe BADET wrote: > (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) > i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: > PDF Tool Kit. As the home page (which you'll have to Google for) says "it's an electronic staple-remover, hole punch, stapler and general tray of tools for doing to PDFs what you'd do with ink-on-paper" Specifically, it has an "e...

free pdf to text converter ?
Hi, I need a free pdf to text converter as a console program for windows. Does somebody know one? I know there is at least one program because I used it but unfortunately I deleted it. Tobias mayer wrote: > Hi, > > I need a free pdf to text converter as a console program for windows. > Does somebody know one? > I know there is at least one program because I used it but unfortunately > I deleted it. Download and run "ps2ascii" It is a script around GhostScript, which you should download too. Eric. mayer wrote: > Hi, > > I need a free pdf to text...

Need Cups-PDF to actually create PDF not Postscript
From: CUPS 127.0.0.1:631 Description: Cups-PDF Location: RN Printer Driver: Generic postscript color printer rev4 Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, published. Device URI: cups-pdf:/ Hi All, I am using CentOS 5.5. I installed cups-pdf-2.4.6-1.el5.i386.rpm and now have the nicest CUPS to Postscript printer. Okay, I need that to use with HylaFAX, but I also need a print to PDF (not Postscript). What did I do wrong? Many thanks, -T On 2010-06-05, Todd <todd@invalid.com> wrote: > From: CUPS 127.0.0.1:631 > Description: Cups-PDF > Location: RN > Printer...

Copy from a PDF to PDF
Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? Thanks in article YT2Fb.22892$vi2.19893@twister.auna.com, jesusp at jesusp@arrakis.es wrote on 12/20/03 1:09 PM: > Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from > a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? - Yep - copy and paste. You may have to crop it first to get just what you want. And it may not paste into position - you need to move it around. - I suppose it depends on which applications you have at hand. Acrobat will certainly do it. MSD Thx, I crop the desired rectangle in the first PDF, select it with the TouchUp Object Tool, then copy it, but the WHOLE page is pasted in the second PDF and I'd like to have only the part I want. At least this is what I get with ACROBAT 5.0. Am I doing something wrong? "WharfRat" <wharfrat@footprintsphotographics.com> wrote in message news:BC09FB34.10D43%wharfrat@footprintsphotographics.com... in article YT2Fb.22892$vi2.19893@twister.auna.com, jesusp at jesusp@arrakis.es wrote on 12/20/03 1:09 PM: > Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from > a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? - Yep - copy and paste. You may have to crop it first to get just what you want. And it may not paste into position - you need to move it around. - I...

Batch converting of PDF files into searchable PDF files
Hello Group We need to convert about 500 multipage non-searchable PDF files into searchable PDF files. The original PDFs just contain the scanned documents and we plan to run them through an OCR program which will afterwards save them back in the PDF format. It seems that Omnipage 12 Pro Office edition would be able to do the job but Omnipage 12 Standard, which is much less expensive, seems to have many of the same features. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a resource which lists the exact differences between the two programs. For now we'd require only one or two licences...

pdf to plain-text converter
hi, Is there any free pdf to plain-text converter available. If so please point to me. thanks in advance Sinbad On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 02:11:25 -0700, sinbad ci disse: > Is there any free pdf to plain-text converter available [...] *pdftotext* included in *pdfutils* package (from xpdf site) - http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/ pdftotext version 3.01 Copyright 1996-2005 Glyph & Cog, LLC Usage: pdftotext [options] <PDF-file> [<text-file>] -f <int> : first page to convert -l <int> : last page to convert -layout : maintain original phy...

extract text layer from searchable pdf and merge with another pdf
Dear comp.text.pdfians I have a pdf (a searchable pdf consisting in book pages scans, then passed to ocr that has added a text layer hidden under images, so pdf is searchable) this pdf has jbig2 compression (it counts 135 pages in A5 format scanned at 300 dpi and its size is about 1928 KB) After ocrization, I noticed that scans have been degrated in quality, so I want extract text layer and merge this text layer with another copy of same pdf containing scans in high quality it is possible extract a text layer from a pdf and then merge with raster layer of another pdf? -- Puppy Linux...

PDF Publisher
Easy-to-use professional desktop editor for creating flip books with the page turn effect from your PDF files. FlippingBook PDF Publisher is a Windows desktop application that helps you to produce remarkable online and offline Flip books. No coding is required. Simply import your PDF, configure the look & feel and hit the publish button. Advantages over Competitors Independence: You are not tied to other servers and per-page costs. All files are stored on your server and you do not depend on anybody. Simplicity: The system requirements to your site are minimal. You do not ne...

Web resources about - convert PDF to Postscript by javascript - comp.text.pdf

PostScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The concepts of the PostScript language were seeded in 1976 when John Warnock was working at Evans & Sutherland , a computer graphics company. ...

John Eligon - A postscript to my interview with white... - Facebook
A postscript to my interview with white nationalist, Paul Craig Cobb ... I had knocked on doors in high-crime neighborhoods, spent time interviewing... ...

Flickr: PostScript.EdmontonJournal's Photostream
Explore PostScript.EdmontonJournal's photostream on Flickr. This user has 138 photos on Flickr.

Admire Rakti death a sad Cup postscript
... and died after finishing last in the Melbourne Cup. Favourite Admire Rakti collapsed and died after the Melbourne Cup, adding a sad postscript ...

A postscript to 'The Killing Season': Was there a coup d'etat over mining tax?
Sarah Ferguson's ABC series left one crucial question unanswered.

TFS Kanban talk in Indianapolis, postscript
I've been wanting to write this since giving a talk last week at the Indianapolis TFS user group. Paul Hacker started this group and leads the ...

Potter postscript: 10 great, and 10 not-so-great, things about Harry Potter (Plus: The best scenes) ...
As the Harry Potter film series reaches the end of the story, we look back on the highs and lows of the Harry Potter phenomenon.

Postscript from Penn State-Loyola Maryland men's lacrosse
The Loyola Maryland men&rsquo;s lacrosse team likes to pepper opposing goalkeepers with shots. But the offense prefers to have a little production ...

Sunday Classics preview: A Leon Fleisher postscript
... this July 1956 Epic Debussy-Ravel LP. by Ken No, no, Fleisher hasn't died at least not that I know. What I mean in the post title is a "postscript" ...