Convert text files to pdf/a

I need to convert many text files, a couple of hundred, each to one
pdf/a file with the same name as the text file, for archiving.
OS = Win2000.
We have Acrobar Professional 7.0 . Is it the best tool for the task ?
I am new to this.
I was thinking about a command line script and a "for" command to go
thru the text file list.
How can I ensure that the result will indeed be in pdf/a ?

I need this ASAP.

Anybody ?

Yours

Zmurek

0
jflato (1)

jflato@o2.pl wrote:
> I need to convert many text files, a couple of hundred, each to one
> pdf/a file with the same name as the text file, for archiving.
> OS = Win2000.
> We have Acrobar Professional 7.0 . Is it the best tool for the task ?
> I am new to this.
> I was thinking about a command line script and a "for" command to go
> thru the text file list.
> How can I ensure that the result will indeed be in pdf/a ?
>
> I need this ASAP.
>
> Anybody ?
>
> Yours
>
> Zmurek

In Acrobat Professional 8. (Sorry, don't know about 7)
Toolbar --> File --> Create PDF --> From Multiple Files ...

Add your files or folders to list ...

Assemble Files into a PDF Package --> Create --> Save .

Then reload the (Package) and

Toolbar --> File --> Export --> PDF/A
0
Ken
3/20/2007 9:44:36 PM
I previously wrote:
<snip>
> Assemble Files into a PDF Package --> Create --> Save .
>

> Then reload the (Package) and
>
> Toolbar --> File --> Export --> PDF/A

I am sorry, but this was a highly misleading reply made
late at night. You actually need to do quite a lot of
work to get through the pre-flight checks.

I have no experience of automating this, sorry!

I should have said:

 >> Assemble Files into a PDF Package --> Create --> Save .
 >>

 >> Then reload the (Package) and

Do important stuff here

Toolbar --> Advanced --> Preflight --> Preflight -->
PDF/A compliance --> Verify compliance with PDF/A-1a or PDF/A-1b

until you pass.

 >> Toolbar --> File --> Export --> PDF/A

0
Ken