Copy from a PDF to PDF

Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from
a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position?

Thanks

0
jesusp

in article YT2Fb.22892$vi2.19893@twister.auna.com, jesusp at
jesusp@arrakis.es wrote on 12/20/03 1:09 PM:

> Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from
> a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position?
-
Yep - copy and paste.
You may have to crop it first to get just what you want.
And it may not paste into position - you need to move it around.
-
I suppose it depends on which applications you have at hand.
Acrobat will certainly do it.

MSD

0
WharfRat
12/20/2003 9:12:22 PM
Thx,

I crop the desired rectangle in the first PDF, select it with the TouchUp
Object Tool, then copy it, but the WHOLE page is pasted in the second PDF
and I'd like to have only the part I want. At least this is what I get with
ACROBAT 5.0.

Am I doing something wrong?

"WharfRat" <wharfrat@footprintsphotographics.com> wrote in message
in article YT2Fb.22892$vi2.19893@twister.auna.com, jesusp at
jesusp@arrakis.es wrote on 12/20/03 1:09 PM:

> Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page)
from
> a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position?
-
Yep - copy and paste.
You may have to crop it first to get just what you want.
And it may not paste into position - you need to move it around.
-
I suppose it depends on which applications you have at hand.
Acrobat will certainly do it.

MSD

0
jesusp
12/21/2003 2:21:46 AM
"jesusp" <jesusp@arrakis.es> wrote in

> I crop the desired rectangle in the first PDF, select it with the
> TouchUp Object Tool, then copy it, but the WHOLE page is pasted in the
> second PDF and I'd like to have only the part I want. At least this is
> what I get with ACROBAT 5.0.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

If "crop the desired rectangle" means you set the crop box for the page,
then that's not the right thing to do.

If really all you want to copy and paste is text, use the text select tool.
0
Ross
12/22/2003 4:49:05 AM
jesusp wrote:
> Thx,
>
> I crop the desired rectangle in the first PDF, select it with the TouchUp
> Object Tool, then copy it, but the WHOLE page is pasted in the second PDF
> and I'd like to have only the part I want. At least this is what I get with
> ACROBAT 5.0.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

The TouchUp Object Tool tends to grab large blocks of text.  If you are
copying a text block, paste it and then try using the TouchUp Text tool
to remove the text you didn't want.

Sid Steward
http://www.AccessPDF.com

> "WharfRat" <wharfrat@footprintsphotographics.com> wrote in message
> in article YT2Fb.22892$vi2.19893@twister.auna.com, jesusp at
> jesusp@arrakis.es wrote on 12/20/03 1:09 PM:
>

>>Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page)
>
> from
>
>>a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position?
>
> -
> Yep - copy and paste.
> You may have to crop it first to get just what you want.
> And it may not paste into position - you need to move it around.
> -
> I suppose it depends on which applications you have at hand.
> Acrobat will certainly do it.
>
> MSD

0
Sid
12/22/2003 5:21:58 AM
What I'd like to do is copy a text box (let's say a quarter of a page) from
a PDF and paste it to another PDF.

As you all say, I need just text, but it's formatted like boxes.

Second, I need to paste directly to another PDF. I've not been  able to do
it (paste on a blank PDF does nothing just using Acrobat). therefore, I
think it's no possible just with ACROBAT, but there may be some tools around
to do it, though I couldn't find them.

Last, it may happen, that this procces is impossible.
:-(

By the way: do you know how to extract images (the ones that are not
extracted with command "Extract images As")? They are not rasterized images,
but vectorial images.

Thanks anyway for your comments.

"Ross Presser" <rpresser@NOSPAM.imtek.com.invalid> wrote in message
"jesusp" <jesusp@arrakis.es> wrote in

> I crop the desired rectangle in the first PDF, select it with the
> TouchUp Object Tool, then copy it, but the WHOLE page is pasted in the
> second PDF and I'd like to have only the part I want. At least this is
> what I get with ACROBAT 5.0.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

If "crop the desired rectangle" means you set the crop box for the page,
then that's not the right thing to do.

If really all you want to copy and paste is text, use the text select tool.

0
jesusp
12/22/2003 11:14:40 AM

> What I'd like to do is copy a text box (let's say a quarter of a page)
> from a PDF and paste it to another PDF.
>
> As you all say, I need just text, but it's formatted like boxes.
>
> Second, I need to paste directly to another PDF. I've not been  able
> to do it (paste on a blank PDF does nothing just using Acrobat).
> therefore, I think it's no possible just with ACROBAT, but there may
> be some tools around to do it, though I couldn't find them.

I have done this myself many times using Acrobat 5.0.  Select the text
with the TEXT SELECTION TOOL, not the image selection tool.  Copy it to
the clipboard. Paste it into the new document.  It works.  It doesn't
matter if all the text is in one box or if it is in many boxes. You can
even copy from some other program [e.g. Word] into a PDF using this
method.

If there is text that you don't want copied in the midst of the
selection, then delete its textbox using the Touchup Object tool, or
delete individual characters using the Touchup Text tool.

> Last, it may happen, that this procces is impossible.
>:-(
>
> By the way: do you know how to extract images (the ones that are not
> extracted with command "Extract images As")? They are not rasterized
> images, but vectorial images.

I would copy and paste them to a new blank PDF, then save that PDF as
EPS.

> Thanks anyway for your comments.
0
Ross

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Postscript to PDF with pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other
Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? On 14/04/2008, Sean Nakasone <seannakasone@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, > pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? ps2pdf is standard on any install of Ghostscript, at least on most flavours of Linux/BSD Farrel ...

pdf to dvi to pdf?
I need help with what seems to be a simple problem. I have a collection of pdf manuscript to submitt to a on-demand publisher. They want them to be: (1)6in x 9in with 1/2in margins allound (2) and embedded fonts. The problem is there are: (1) 8.5in x 11in with 1in margins (2) and the fonts aren't embedded. Perl pdf mod is one possibility, what would be involved with doing this with LaTex? I wanting to stay with open source solutions(Linux). TIA, David editor@deepmeanings.com (David Jackon) schrieb: > I need help with what seems to be a simple problem. > I have a collection of ...

PDF TO PDF MULTIPAGES
Hello, (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf It doesn't work. Is works with jpeg files: gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle.pdf Thanks for Help. Christophe BADET Christophe BADET wrote: > Hello, > > (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) > i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: > > gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf > It doesn't work. > Is works with jpeg files: > gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle....

PDF::Writer, create pdf and insert in other pdf file.
Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) the following code create a PDF: #!/usr/bin/ruby require 'pdf/writer' pdf = PDF::Writer.new pdf.text "Hello Matz", :font_size => 22 pdf.save_as "novo.pdf" ######################################## now I wanna save this pdf as a last page of a existing pdf. any tips? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Ricardo Pog <ricardo85x@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) > > > the following code create a PDF: > >...

Embedding PDF into PDF ?
I have read from websearching that it is possible to embed a smaller PDF into a main PDF, but cannot find out how this is done. Would I have to open the PDF as a text file and have my program locate a certain PDF command, then literally just stream the raw smaller PDF into it ? Any links or info would be very much aprpeciated Thanks Paul On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Paul Champan wrote: > I have read from websearching that it is possible to embed a smaller PDF > into a main PDF, but cannot find out how this is done. Do you want to merge 2 pdf files or "place" pdf files into a ...

4x PDF Help
Hi Everyone -- we've launched a new question and answer site for all PDF questions. It's based on the highly popular technology platform used by StackOverflow.com, and provides a great environment for getting your questions answered and answering other people's questions. Check it out --> http://help.4xpdf.com/ Cheers, - Rowan. ...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

Convert PDF image to PDF text
Hi, I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? Thanx You will have to scan it using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) application and then create a PDF file. -- Don Vancouver, USA <WhiteLen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193737890.691267.165820@z9g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the > text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? > > Thanx > Any recommendation for OCR application? ...

How can I convert .txt to .pdf or .pdf to .pdf, controlling fonts?
I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this involves either 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with control of the font, or 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to an Arial font .pdf and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a mac or on a pc? In article <4cdd4f7e$0$18655$c3...

convert PDF images to PDF text (OCR)
Hi, I have a book which was entirely scanned into a PDF, there are approximately 300 pages. The problem is that each page is an image of the paper page, not selectable text. How can I convert this PDF made of images to a text-selectable PDF? Or directly convert it to Word? I suppose I'll need some form of OCR. Thanks in advance, Raphael Yes, since you have an image, you need to OCR it into data. You will not have much luck with any formating info, but most OCR programs today to a pretty good job if the image is fairly clean . Larry T. larrynospam@nospamjbmsystems.com wrote in message...

scanned image pdf to searchable text pdf
We have a lot of pdf files that are just scanned images of documents. How easy is it to change these into pdf's that we can search for specific words. I believe Adobe Acrobat Capture will do this when the document is originally scanned, but can it use pdf's that have already been created. If it can, can this process be automated to convert 100s of pdf files? Are there other alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Capture as it is not cheap for a large number of documents? I am new to this, so please keep it simple. Thanks for any help. Adrian HI, As you indicated, your pdf's are ...

Saving pdf is disabled but printing pdf to pdf is possible, some problems still
Hi! You know that saving editable PDF-files (I mean PDF-files where fields are editable) is disabled in Acrobat Reader. So I need a way to save edited PDF-files (with filled text-fields and other fields) to PDF. One way is to print PDF-file with some PDF-printer to new PDF, when edited field's data are saved to that new one within right way. That works sometimes but sometimes some of fonts are disabled and some text-fields are filled with different size of circles. Anyone know how to do that? Is Acrobat Reader protected against this kind of doing? Thanks a lot to everyone and I'm...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an exi...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an existing file. ...

FDF PDF FORM copy to PDF without forms
Dear all did someone know a tool which is able to convert a pdf file with forms to a regular pdf file without forms? The best would be if it is possible to select the fields which should change from form to plain pdf. I like to use it on a Linux box. Cheers Reimar -- Forschungszentrum Juelich email: R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg-i/ ================================================================== a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Juelich http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg-i/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html "Reimar Bauer" <R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de> wro...

A PDF into a FM file then save as pdf... how to have alll the pages of the included pdf file
FM 7.2 We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the firts page of the pdf imported. Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? > We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then > when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the > firts page of the pdf imported. > > Is there a method to import a pdf file...

PDF in matlab not the same as PDF in Excel
Ok I am really confused. I have a file with 30000 data points, that varies between 0 and 1. I can create a pdf plot of this data in Excel using frequency command, and say a hundred bins between 0.01 and 1. Now if I try to do the same in Matlab, using either hist or histc, the values I get in the bins are different to excel. Why is this? And how can I generate a pdf plot in Matlab that is the same in Excel? Would appreciate any help you could give me. I've spent many hours on this. Many thanks. "S " <enxss10@nottingham.ac.uk> wrote in message <i3vaeo$ggp$1@fred.mathwork...

Image PDF to Searchable PDF
Hello, Is there any way to convert an image only PDF to a searchable PDF without going through a scanner? In other words, are there software that can do this task directly on the computer? Or, does using OCR software merely mean running the image PDF file through the software and produce a searchable PDF? What reliable softwares are available? Are there programs that run independently? That is, without needing full Acrobat or aome other adjunct software? Thanks, Guru gururajan20815@yahoo.com (Gururajan Ramachandran) wrote in message news:<f72691a.0311200601.27406ab7@posting.google.co...

PDF output with pst-pdf
Hello all, pst-pdf manual says I can use include graphics with eps files so I try for example: \begin{figure}[ht] \begin{center} \includegraphics[width=0.6\textwidth]{figures/kripke.eps} \caption{Representation of Kripke Structure Example} \label{fig:kripke} \end{center} \end{figure} However, when pdflatex gets here: Error: pdflatex (file figures/kripke.pdf): cannot find image file ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file is not finished! Any suggestions? Cheers, Paulo Matos On 21-09-2007 10:16, Paulo Matos wrote: > pst-pdf manual says I can use include graphics with eps fi...

PDF/H (PDF for Healthcare) ?
Hello, There had been discussion about a new PDF variant for Healthcare (PDF/H), coordinated by AIIM. There is a web site for its workgroup (http://pdf.editme.com/PDFH), but it doesn't seem active. Does anybody know what is the status of PDF/H? Any pointer? Pascal Sartoretti Hi Pascal, On Jan 30, 8:35 am, Pascal Sartoretti wrote: > Does anybody know what is the status of PDF/H? I've just become involved in the PDF/H working group. PDF/H is a Best Practices guide to the use of PDF within the healthcare domain. The first revision of the guide is in the editing process. The...

Printing a PDF from Another PDF
is there any way I can print a PDF Document from another PDF. The reason I am asking this is that I have a PDF list containing approx. 50 PDF Documents and would like to be able to print a chosen Document from my list rather than linking to it and then printing it when it has opened. Thanks in anticipation ...

Web resources about - Copy from a PDF to PDF - comp.text.pdf

Art & Copy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Art & Copy is a 2009 documentary film directed by Doug Pray about the advertising industry in the U.S. The film follows the careers of people ...

Derek Zoolander thinks Kanye West's Yeezy fashion collection is a copy of Derelict
&nbsp;West is a unique artiste, or so he likes to tells us, but one ridiculously good looking person would beg to differ.

Fashion: When someone tries to copy your style, just be flattered
Would you be upset if your sister stole your look?

Prevention Magazine Drops Print Ads, Hikes Single-Copy Cost
... starting with the magazine's July issue, which hits stands June 14. As part of the business strategy adjustment, the magazine's single copy ...

A Roadmap for Success at Twitter: Copy Facebook
... and novel – and then asked for our feedback. My response to each one was largely the same: I stared into the one-way mirror and said “copy Google.” ...

Win a copy of Comics Head and share your story
Weve teamed up with NextWave Multimedia , our latest AppAdvice daily podcast sponsor, in order to offer you a chance to win a copy of their recently ...

Samsung working to copy iPhone 6s Live Photos feature for next Galaxy S7
Samsung hopes to maintain its "lead by following" style of innovation for this year's Galaxy S7 launch by copying the Live Photos feature Apple ...

Price Drop: Ctrl+C : Easily record your copy
Ctrl+C : Easily record your copy 1.06 Device: iOS iPhone Category: Productivity Price: Free, Version: 1.06 ( iTunes ) Description: Now IAP ...

Copy Plain Text strips the formatting from copied text
You’re browsing the web, find some interesting text, copy and paste it elsewhere… And then realize it’s got all the original formatting, now ...

The next brilliant idea Samsung is going to copy from Apple
The Galaxy S7 will be unveiled at MWC 2016 in less than a month, and it'll hit stores on March 11th if recent reports are to be believed. The ...