copy pdf text == ????????

i have a pdf document and i want to "Ctrl+C" some text from it, i get ?????
???? ????? ????, etc.
do you know any program that can copy what really is inside??

0
Raveman

"Raveman" <otworz@buziaczek.pl> wrote:

>i have a pdf document and i want to "Ctrl+C" some text from it, i get ?????
>???? ????? ????, etc.

It sounds as if the encodings of the font are not what you expect.

>do you know any program that can copy what really is inside??

That really is what is inside. If you want to get the text that your
eyes see, however, you will need to use OCR.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite
2/8/2006 11:33:36 AM
Raveman wrote:

> i have a pdf document and i want to "Ctrl+C" some text from it, i get ?????
> do you know any program that can copy what really is inside??

I've had some success with Iceni Gemini, which allows you to extract
text after re-mapping the font characters.

I've also used a method similar to the one suggested by Aandi Inston in
his post: make a new image-only PDF ('print as image' to Distiller),
then run the newly-created PDF through Adobe Paper Capture or other
text-recognition device.
0
PDFrank