Error 135 in Acrobat Reader

I have processed a pdf by Canon (binary format) with:
Acrobat 7 -> print to file with enlarged to a4 (ps-file)
then  with the following script I have created a a4 with two a5 pages in
book format:

-----------
PSBOOK=/usr/bin/psbook
PSNUP=/usr/bin/psnup
PSTOPS=/usr/bin/pstops

if test $# -gt 0; then
   for N in $*; do
      $PSBOOK -q $N | $PSNUP -q -2 | $PSTOPS -q "2:0,1U(1w,1h)"
   done
else
   $PSBOOK -q | $PSNUP -q -2 | $PSTOPS -q "2:0,1U(1w,1h)"
fi
-----------
called by pstobook file.ps > file-book.ps

after that I have converted the ps to pdf by ps2pdf.

The pdf can be viewed with gv and kpdf withount any problem.

However if I try to view it with acrobat reader 7 then I get the following
message: "There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading
this document (135)"

The problem is, that the print-shops refuse to print a 'damaged pdf' because
they only know acrobat and that prints the error.

Matthias

--
www.matthiaspospiech.de
0

Matthias Pospiech <matthiasPUNKTpospiech@gmx.de> wrote:

>after that I have converted the ps to pdf by ps2pdf.
>
>The pdf can be viewed with gv and kpdf withount any problem.
>
>However if I try to view it with acrobat reader 7 then I get the following
>message: "There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading
>this document (135)"
>
>The problem is, that the print-shops refuse to print a 'damaged pdf' because
>they only know acrobat and that prints the error.

They are right not to accept a damaged file, in my opinion. They would
be responsible if the output was not correct.

In your workflow, ps2pdf is the PDF creator, so you should start by
making sure this is up to date.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite
7/19/2006 10:07:55 AM
Aandi Inston wrote:

> Matthias Pospiech <matthiasPUNKTpospiech@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>>after that I have converted the ps to pdf by ps2pdf.
>>
>>The pdf can be viewed with gv and kpdf withount any problem.
>>
>>However if I try to view it with acrobat reader 7 then I get the following
>>message: "There was an error processing a page. There was a problem
>>reading this document (135)"
>>
>>The problem is, that the print-shops refuse to print a 'damaged pdf'
>>because they only know acrobat and that prints the error.
>
> They are right not to accept a damaged file, in my opinion. They would
> be responsible if the output was not correct.
My printer does it correct...

> In your workflow, ps2pdf is the PDF creator, so you should start by
> making sure this is up to date.
since ps2pdf only calls ghostscript and this is what ships with Suse 10.1 I
would thinkt that this is acceptible new.

The main question this is error means still remains.

Matthias
--
www.matthiaspospiech.de
0
Matthias Pospiech <matthiasPUNKTpospiech@gmx.de> wrote:

>> They are right not to accept a damaged file, in my opinion. They would
>> be responsible if the output was not correct.
>My printer does it correct...

But how can THEY trust a file with an error? They know that if they
print it and the result is not what you want, you will not pay. This
is why print shops have minimum standards.

>> In your workflow, ps2pdf is the PDF creator, so you should start by
>> making sure this is up to date.
>since ps2pdf only calls ghostscript and this is what ships with Suse 10.1 I
>would thinkt that this is acceptible new.

GhostScript has many updates and bug fixes. Have you checked that your
bundled version is the latest?

>The main question this is error means still remains.

It means Reader has detected an error in the PDF contents. Use Ctrl+OK
to get a more detailed message, which still won't help you much.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite

Error when copy and paste text from Adobe Acrobat Reader....
Why when I'm trying to copy and paste text from pdf (Adobe Acrobat...) file into Microsoft Office Word it gives me a bunch of numbers and letters? Why??? How to fix that issue?? kabucek wrote: > Why when I'm trying to copy and paste text from pdf (Adobe > Acrobat...) file into Microsoft Office Word it gives me a bunch of > numbers and letters? Why??? How to fix that issue?? Hello kabucek: The problem you meet is a common problem, It is caused by embed soft font use non-standard encoding(Custom Encoding).Normally PDF Type 3 Embed Font like to use Non-Standard encoding. ...

Pdf Xtra
Hello all, at first i'm sorry if my english is not perfect. I actually have a problem with a software, I hope you can help me: every time I attempt to click for an internal dictionary I receive this message PDF Xtra Acrobat reader activex control error I've already installed the last version of acrobat reader and i have no issue with pdf files, what can I do? Thank you. "Wing Chun Man" <dragodoriente@virgilio.it> wrote: >I actually have a problem with a software, I hope you can help me: every >time I attempt to click for an internal dictionary I receive t...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Acrobat Reader error
Hi I am running red hat linux 9 on my machine. I recently installed acrobat reader 5.08 on the machine but if i try to run it it gives me this error: warning : charset "UTF-8" not supported, using "ISO8859-1" Aborted What should I do to make it run? Chege wrote: > Hi > I am running red hat linux 9 on my machine. I recently installed > acrobat reader 5.08 on the machine but if i try to run it it gives me this error: > warning : charset "UTF-8" not supported, using "ISO8859-1" > Aborted > > What should I do to make it run? Put ...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

Portable PDF/text readers?
Hi - i'm based in the UK and am looking to buy a portable pdf/txt file reader. I've seen the Sony e-Reader and something like this would suffice but it seems way overpriced and not available in Europe. Does anyone know of any lower cost clones? All i'm looking for is something that usable in sunlight (i.e. not a backlit laptop), cheap, and can zoom in out of pdfs and txt files... Any ideas? Markus, did transcribed the following:: > Hi - i'm based in the UK and am looking to buy a portable pdf/txt file > reader. I've seen the Sony e-Reader and something like thi...

Reader or Acrobat not responding on a pdf url
Hi, I have a big trouble with my pdf documents. I make a web site for a customer, and some of my pdf files not respond when i use the reader scrollbar before the end of the loading. This trouble appears on many PC with reader 4 ou 5, and also with acrobat 4 or 5. I have tried to use netscape, it's the same problem. I think that the problem is from adobe software ! Do you know a solution ? Have you the same problem. I forget, i use https protocol. Thanks for your helps Regards David ...

Finding Conversion Errors In Text Of PDF
Hi, I have several files that are periodically converted from *.doc format to *.pdf format. Sometimes, there is an error on the doc side which will leave this string in the new pdf file: "Error! Reference source not found." Is there any way I can search all my pdf files for this error string? I've tried "strings *.pdf | grep "Error!"" but that doesn't catch it. Thanks, -T gamename wrote: > Hi, > > I have several files that are periodically converted from *.doc format > to *.pdf format. Sometimes, there is an error on the doc side which &...

Adobe Acrobat reader (PDF) on VMS
Has there been a recent look by HP/VMS management at getting an official port of the Adobe Acrobat reader on VMS ? XDPF may be able to open PDF documents, but it doesn't provide real navigation in them, as is available in the real Adobe product, as well as in Bookreader. (aka: have a clickable index that gets you to the right page) With VMS having gotten middleware such as GTK in recent times would the port now be feasable ? (there is a linux port of the acrobat reader). If there hasn't been a recent official look at it, perhaps it would be time to look into it (again). VMS&#...

Text error in ps->pdf
I inserted a link to a file in a ps using VB6 as next: Print #1, "% URI link with a named destination" Print #1, "[/Rect [X0 Y1 X1 Y0]" Print #1, "/Action << /Subtype /URI /URI ("c:\bearing.par") >>" Print #1, "/Border [ 0 0 0 ]" Print #1, "/Color [ .7 0 0 ]" Print #1, "/Subtype /Link" Print #1, "/ANN pdfmark" But after distilling my ps into pdf, the link is not correct. The link is became "c:\&#9633;earing.par" and the link doesn't work!! Any one can help me?? In article <6fe10d...

automatic pdf printing with acrobat reader
I'm trying to find parameters to add to a PDF file so that when it opens it automaticaly prints it self, and then closes. I'm writing it in latex and using pdflatex to obtain my PDF file. Is there any parameter I can send that will make the PDF autoprintable, and the closeable? ...

Acrobat 6 and Reader PDF file association
I have both Acrobat 6 and Reader installed, but I don't want to open Acrobat every time I double-click a PDF file or open a PDF on a website. In these instances, I just want to read the file and move on, so it's really tedious to have to wait for Acrobat to open every time (I tend to leave it open and just close the document). However, I want to be able to open a PDF with Acrobat for editing by using the right-click menu. Can I just change the file association from Acrobat 6 to Reader and still retain the ability to open Acrobat 6 by using the right-click menu? Will changing the as...

Create PDF that can be saved with Acrobat Reader
I recently downloaded a PDF file from the Internal Revenue site, and that file was a form that could be saved with my Acrobat 6.0 Reader after I filled it in. What product would I need to create these forms myself? Will Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional do this? thx . . . Frank wrote: > I recently downloaded a PDF file from the Internal Revenue site, and > that file was a form that could be saved with my Acrobat 6.0 Reader > after I filled it in. What product would I need to create these forms > myself? Will Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional do this? > > thx . . . > You...

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

Web resources about - Error 135 in Acrobat Reader - comp.text.pdf

Adobe Acrobat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The family comprises Reader (formerly Acrobat Reader), Acrobat (formerly Acrobat Exchange) and Acrobat.com . The freeware Adobe Reader, available ...

Adobe® Acrobat® Solutions Group - LinkedIn
The official Adobe Acrobat Solutions group on LinkedIn focused on IT conversations, industry trends, news, tips and tricks, networking and collaborating ...

PerfectReader 3 Lite - Free PDF & Document Reader for Adobe Acrobat & Microsoft Office on the App Store ...
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about PerfectReader 3 Lite - Free PDF & Document Reader for Adobe Acrobat ...

Acrobat. (Salome dancing?) Margin. Amien 1323. art- Petrus de Raimbaucourt. 78D40. fol 108r KB - Flickr ...
Acrobat. (Salome dancing?) Margin. Amien 1323. art- Petrus de Raimbaucourt. 78D40. fol 108r KB - Flickr ...

Proposal of the Day: Gay Acrobat Asks Boyfriend to Marry Him on ‘Italia’s Got Talent’
... didn’t stop one man from proposing to his boyfriend on live TV. On Thursday’s episode of “Italia’s Got Talent,” one of the members of an acrobatic ...

City of Lights video - Acrobats star in City of Lights, Brisbane
Emily Ryan reveals what it's like to dance on a six-metre pole underneath an avalanche of water during the nightly City of Lights show at South ...

Adobe Acrobat, Reader Software Security Bug Identified By FireEye
Hackers have exploited previously unknown bugs Adobe software to launch attacks on PCs, a security firm reports.

US acrobats fall during aerialist act
... injuring nine performers. A support frame collapsed during an aerial hair-hanging stunt at a circus performance in the US, sending eight acrobats ...

Acrobats hurt as hair-hanging circus stunt goes wrong
A platform has collapsed during an aerial hair-hanging stunt at a circus performance in the US, sending eight acrobats plummeting to the ground. ...

Cirque du Soleil Acrobat Mourned After Death
A Cirque de Soleil acrobat who plunged 15 metres to her death in front of a stunned Las Vegas audience was still wearing her safety harness when ...