extract text from mac pdf

i find that the text extracted from a pdf generated from pagemaker 6.5 (mac
version) is monster characters.

is there a way to do it?  Thanks a lot.

tony

0
Tony
10/27/2005 8:24:01 AM
comp.text.pdf 5583 articles. 0 followers. ramon (1518) is leader. Post Follow

Extract Number From Text String
Hello, Does xHarbour have a function to extract Number from a text string? Regards Otto Dear Otto Haldi: On Monday, September 17, 2012 11:48:58 AM UTC-7, Otto Haldi wrote: .... > Does xHarbour have a function to extract > Number from a text string? http://www.ousob.com/ng/53guide/nga7e04.php val() David A. Smith On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:05:13 -0700 (PDT), dlzc <dlzc1@cox.net> wrote: Hello David, Thanks for your help. Yes, I know the function val() I mean for that kind of string : "abc-2344-2323". Regards Otto >Dear Otto Haldi: >...

Extracting records
Hi, I am looking for a solution to this problem. I receive a list of records like this, in one continuous string. I want to separate each record and extract some of the data for each record. The records look like this: (=YEAR:1991;month:[JAN]client-NAME:[Ali-Baba-Basket-Emporium]AREA:[SouthEast]value:[�1905]=)(=YEAR:1997;month:[dec]client-NAME:[Fletcher]AREA:[Scotland(North)]discount:[7%]value:[�741]=)(=YEAR:2003;month:[MAR]client-NAME:[Porridge-dot-com]AREA:[N.Ireland]discount:[7%]value:[�335]=) For example, in this record: (=YEAR:2003;month:[MAR]client-NAME:[Porridge-dot-com]AREA:[N.Irelan...

External Hard drive for PC & Mac
I have a few HDs I made into external drives but I have problems using them on both my PC and Mac. I formatted them on my Mac and can use them fine, but once I plug it into my PC, it sees that something is in the USB port, but doesnt assign it a drive so I can use it. I noticed someone posted a similar question, and the response was to download a program like MacDisk on the PC, but is there a way to format the disks so they dont need an extra program? I ask this because I take my ext drives to school and I cant just put programs on any computer I hook my drive up to... I am thin...

Japanese Pocket PC text entry problems
Hi all, Recently picked up a used Cassiopeia on the cheap (model number's not on it -- it's a MIPS 150mhz, color backlit 240x320, 32mb ram, SD memory slot). Unfortunately, I'm having a beast of a time getting keyboard input to work on several third-party apps. When I use the on-screen software keyboard, button presses are simply not being passed to the program (the space bar doesn't work under PocketSarien; no buttons are passed, period, to other programs). Note that entry refuses to work under both hankaku (normal single-byte characters used for English software) an...

extract values from a csv file
Hi All, I would like to know how to extract values using shell script from csv files and store the value in variables and then display the values I need something like this var1 = a var2 = 230 var3 = david var4 = 450 and then display the values where csv file has ab,230,david,450 gh,430,jack,678 aa,560,sam,340 Thanks Deva "deva" <devasingh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1117867246.217480.268120@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I would like to know how to extract values using shell script from > csv files and store the value...

Extracting text from a webpage
Hello All, This must be an easy question for many of you. Given its URL, I would like to extract the text from a webpage **after the server and client side updates are done**. Can LWP::Simple be used for this? Thanks. q-rious <mittra@juno.com> wrote: >This must be an easy question for many of you. Given its URL, I would >like to extract the text from a webpage **after the server and client >side updates are done**. Please explain what you mean by "server and client side updates". >Can LWP::Simple be used for this? Yes and no. You can certainly use LWP::Simple...

Extract JEditorPane from swing jar
Hi, I'm developing an applet which need to use JEditorPane, but I don't want to use plug-in with browser. In my understanding, the solution is extracting all classess from swing jar and pack them into another jar along with my applet. The problem is I don't know which classes should I extract from swing jar to make JEditorPane works. Am I on the right way? Please help me !!! thanks, Thang. "Thang Nguyen" wrote: > Am I on the right way? Please help me !!! No, many before you had that stupid idea. ...

extracting foreground_blobs
hello, in the following image there is a truck and a car. i appear to be intutive can some body please exaplin me how to obtain them (something like extacting one big blob of each of the vehicle.) hello, in the following image there is a truck and a car. it appear to be intutive but i am not able to code to extract them. can some body please exaplin me how to obtain them (something like extacting one big blob of each of the vehicle.) image: (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxDBJuGxr2fJWmVJYVhZMDNoR28/edit) ...

80 column text screens
does anyone have a know of a program that allows you to create 80 column text screens with inverse and mousetext and can save them (binary or text) to use in a program? Thanks! In article <29aa2c94-2d3b-4346-84e1-b8b7b12861f0@o11g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, datawiz <rich.martin@gmail.com> wrote: > does anyone have a know of a program that allows you to create 80 > column text screens with inverse and mousetext and can save them > (binary or text) to use in a program? Beagle Bros had one. I used it quite a bit, but I do not remember the name off the top of my head. I...

SUbstring Extraction
I have a program that reads input from the user in the form Name("ABC") Addr("DEF") I need to check if Name was mentioned and extract ABC and store it in a variable and if Addr was mentioned and extract DEF and store that in another variable. Eg: if the user inputs Name("Joe") I need to check if he has mentioned Name and extract Joe The user can input Name("Joe") Addr("unit 2 sheperton") in this case i need to extract Joe and unit 2 sheperton and perform the appropirtae functions depending on whether Name or Addr or Both are mentioned. Tha...

Mac Mini for home control.
Hi, Is anyone out there taking advantage of the new Macs with intel processors to run home control and monitoring software? If so what are you running on your little power house? I am thinking about getting one to run my house. Thanks, Michelle I'm only using a G4 mini, but I'm using Xtension <http://www.shed.com> for home automation (intelligent, scriptable control). Very satisfied with the software, developer support is immediate, and discussion & support list is excellent. (I haven't seen a negative comment in 6+ years!!) Lurk on the list for a while, try the full...

The Asian Leading Aloe Extract Manufacturer
We are the largest aloe vera raw materials manufacturer in Asia. We are engrossed in integrated supply of raw Aloe Vera materials. All of our Aloe Vera gels, Aloe Vera whole leaf, concentrates and powders are tested and guaranteed to be biologically active. We had our entire product line certified by the International Aloe Science Council (IASC). We have the following advantages: 1. The Asian largest aloe plantation base. 2. 5 state-to-the-art processing lines(the most in the world) certified by IASC. 3. Standard GMP production workshops. 4. Low-temprerature concentration technology 5. World ...

Creator code of output text files
I've got a number-crunching app that uses the SIOUX console and standard C routine to write and read files. All the test files that this Carbon application creates show up with Codewarrior icons and open in the IDE. What can I do to this app to have the files it creates automatically open in BBedit? Is there a solution for a Carbon app that will work in OS X? I'm on a new internet connection and am still getting things set up, so please reply to peter.zeitler@lehigh.edu and I will post a summary of answers. Thanks. Peter In article <BC6BFAC8.12F%peter.zeitler@lehi...

Trim Double Byte Charaters in Text.
I wonder if there is an easier way to delete double byte charators from text. The main reason for me to do this is to save space in mysql, because I want to use TEXT instead of MEDIUMTEXT. OttawaTrade wrote: > I wonder if there is an easier way to delete double byte charators from > text. The main reason for me to do this is to save space in mysql, because I > want to use TEXT instead of MEDIUMTEXT. > > try \X . It's represents a unicode char in Regular Express. OttawaTrade wrote: > I wonder if there is an easier way to delete double byte charators > from text....

Hacking PostgreSQL to work in Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther 7B85)
All, After toying with a few builds of the up coming OS X 10.3 (Panther) release, I've written a doc on how to get postgresql to build using Panther build 7B85 and Xcode build 7B85 (which are rumored to be the gold master and the builds that will be shipping later this month). Two things needed to be hacked to get postgresql to build from darwinports, and I'm assuming the same fixes would apply to a build from a .tar.gz. Essentially, a header file installed by Apple's Xcode devel tools needs to be edited, and the template for darwin needs a line removed. ...

Ideas for extracting fibers
Hey, I'm working on a problem where I have an image of two strings laid across each other and I have to determine quantitative data about the two strings. How might I single each string out? Thanks On Jun 10, 10:22=A0am, "Victor " <a...@aoeu.com> wrote: > Hey, > I'm working on a problem where I have an image of two > strings laid across each other and I have to determine > quantitative data about the two strings. =A0How might I single > each string out? > > Thanks ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Victor: Can...

extracting function from the list
Hi, all: I can not seem to figure out how to extract a function from the list. for example: mathematica gives me output: {{v->x^2}} How do I extract just x^2 out of that list and assign it to a different variable? thank you, edgar Lobachevskiy Hi, RelaceAll[] my help you, in the case where you can have more than a single solution you have to decide which solution you whant to use and q= v /. {{v->x^2}}[[1]] will help you. Regards Jens edgar wrote: > > Hi, all: > > I can not seem to figure out how to extract a function from the li...

Check if variable name contains text
Hello, is there a way to go through a list of variables and perform an action if they contain certain text? For instance, I have several variables ending in _funded that I would like to do something with. Thanks in advance. On Jul 19, 6:44=A0am, lcoreilly <lecough...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, is there a way to go through a list of variables and perform an > action if they contain certain text? > > For instance, I have several variables ending in _funded that I would > like to do something with. > > Thanks in advance. There are two way to addres the problems that...

[tikz] option for ragged left text in node?
Hi, I've been looking in the manual for an option to set text in a node ragged left, but I can't find any. Even when using \raggedleft explicitly I get ragged right text. Erik On 2.7.2010 0:14, Erik Quaeghebeur wrote: > Hi, > > I've been looking in the manual for an option to set text in a node > ragged left, but I can't find any. Even when using \raggedleft > explicitly I get ragged right text. > > Erik Dear Erik, recently cvs version of tikz introduce new parameters' sintacs for aligning texts in boxes. for example, for ragge...

PDF::Writer, embedding non-PNGs
Hi, the PDF::Writer documentation reads: add_image(image, x, y, ...) Add an image from a loaded image (JPEG or PNG) resource ... ^^^^ ^^^ The image I want to embed is in PostScript. In concrete, it is the output of the GNU barcode tool. Is there any smarter way to embed it than to convert it to a pixel image without knowing the printers resolution? Thanks in advance, Bertram -- Bertram Scharpf Stuttgart, Deutschland/Germany http://www.bertram-scharpf.de -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Datum: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:11:33 +0900 >...

New Mac Trojan installs silently, no password required
<http://www.zdnet.com/new-mac-trojan-installs-silently-no-password-required-7000001519/> <quote> A new Mac OS X Trojan has been discovered that drops different components depending on whether or not it is executed on a user account with Admin permissions. The threat installs itself silently (no user interaction required) and also does not need your user password to infect your Apple Mac. The backdoor component calls home to the IP address 176.58.100.37 every five minutes, awaiting instructions. </quote> -- Religious faith not only lacks evidence, its independe...

hang-up..Extracting..Extracting
I installed Sol8/Intel on 160 GB . only 131 GB were visible to Sol though I have installed the ata batch before installation I do not know why ?? Any way the PC hang up after the the web start launcher and sol said Extracting Extracting and machine goes into sleep before the Login ? Extracting what ?? What is happening . I always forced to reset machine ? ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote: > I installed Sol8/Intel on 160 GB . only 131 GB were visible to Sol > though I have installed the ata batch before installation I do not know > why ?? > Any way the PC hang up after the the web st...

Road Extraction
Hello friends, I have a project named road extraction, we have to extract roads from different images, There are lots of different ways for doing this but I have no time so I need the best way, any Idea please. Also how can I find sample source codes for understanding better. Best Regards, Fariba On Jun 5, 3:59=A0pm, "Fariba Yousefi" <fariba_...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Hello friends, > > I have a project named road extraction, we have to extract roads from dif= ferent images, There are lots of different ways for doing this but I have n= o time so I need the best way, ...

searching files for multiple text targets
Is it possible to specify a file that contains a list of target text strings, when doing a recursive grep? I'm thinking maybe read a text string from the input file, perform recursive search, output results, and then read the next string... Thank you. In article <5d65aee2.0402041416.3f92b70@posting.google.com>, enrique@pineda.org (Enrique) wrote: > Is it possible to specify a file that contains a list of target text > strings, when doing a recursive grep? I'm thinking maybe read a text > string from the input file, perform recursive search, output results, > and...

how to extract