extract Text from PDF

Hello NG!

We Would like to extract addressdetails from PDF Letters placed on
certain coordinates defined by German DIN Standard for Letters.
For this purpose we=B4re looking for a solution to extract Text from a
PDF Document placed on certain Pixel-Coordinates.

Does somebody knew a possible Solution for this Problem? We=B4ve tried
really much to achieve this task, unfortunately without any success
yet.

Thank you very much in Advance.
Markus

0
aparasta (2)

aparasta@epitop.com wrote:
> Hello NG!
>
> We Would like to extract addressdetails from PDF Letters placed on
> certain coordinates defined by German DIN Standard for Letters.
> For this purpose we�re looking for a solution to extract Text from a
> PDF Document placed on certain Pixel-Coordinates.
>
> Does somebody knew a possible Solution for this Problem? We�ve tried
> really much to achieve this task, unfortunately without any success
> yet.

You may want to try our Text Extraction Toolkit (TET). It is
a component for extracting text from PDF, and offers many
options for configuration - including restriction the area
of text extraction to one or more regions on the page. Fully
functional evaluation versions are available on our Web site.

Thomas

Thomas Merz             tm@pdflib.com            www.pdflib.com
           PDFlib GmbH, Tal 40, 80331 M�nchen, Germany
   Amtsgericht M�nchen HRB 129497, Gesch�ftsf�hrer Thomas Merz
PDFlib 7:  Create PDF/A for archiving, format tables, and more!
_______PDFlib - a library for generating PDF on the fly________
0
Thomas
3/19/2007 11:22:55 PM
Thomas Merz <tm@pdflib.com> wrote:

>aparasta@epitop.com wrote:
>> Hello NG!
>>
>> We Would like to extract addressdetails from PDF Letters placed on
>> certain coordinates defined by German DIN Standard for Letters.
>> For this purpose we�re looking for a solution to extract Text from a
>> PDF Document placed on certain Pixel-Coordinates.
>>
>> Does somebody knew a possible Solution for this Problem? We�ve tried
>> really much to achieve this task, unfortunately without any success
>> yet.
>
>You may want to try our Text Extraction Toolkit (TET). It is
>a component for extracting text from PDF, and offers many
>options for configuration - including restriction the area
>of text extraction to one or more regions on the page. Fully
>functional evaluation versions are available on our Web site.
>
>Thomas

>Thomas Merz             tm@pdflib.com            www.pdflib.com
>           PDFlib GmbH, Tal 40, 80331 M�nchen, Germany
>   Amtsgericht M�nchen HRB 129497, Gesch�ftsf�hrer Thomas Merz
>PDFlib 7:  Create PDF/A for archiving, format tables, and more!
>_______PDFlib - a library for generating PDF on the fly________

Can TET extract other data as well?

I need to extract text with parameters, for example I'd like a report file such
as:
------
Object: Quick fox jumped..
Type: Text
Y:400,X:200
Font:Arial
------
Object:
Type: line
Y1:400,X1:200,Y2:500,X2:300
...etc

Another question: What is the licence price for commercial use of PDFlib lite? I
could not find that on your site.
0
DC