Font size in comments and callout boxes?

Hello,

I have Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional, which I use to read and mark up
articles.  When I add text boxes or callout boxes, the font that
Acrobat uses is very large and I'd like to use a smaller sized font.
However font size is not listed in the Preferences that I can change
for comments.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
KE
0
ke

I have found the answer to this question.  CNTR-E gives access to all
the text box preferences, like font size and colors, or line style.
Once I set them up, I changed them to the default.
21
ke
4/17/2008 3:02:45 PM
On Apr 14, 10:59=A0am, ke <kateedward...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I haveAdobeAcrobat8Professional, which I use to read and mark up
> articles. =A0When I add text boxes or callout boxes, the font thatAcrobatu=
ses is very large and I'd like to use a smaller sized font.
> However font size is not listed in the Preferences that I can change
> forcomments. =A0Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> KE

On the main toolbar choose Edit, then Preferences.  The top choice is
Commenting and to the right of that it lets you choose the font and
the size.  I tried this and it works but I didn't check to see if that
changes the default or if you have to change it every time you open
Acrobat.
Good luck!
Sue
0
suziq57

size font on a text box
How can i change the size of font on a text box acording the number of character (>25 characters the font size 12 ) Something like this... Use the textbox's Exit event. Private Sub txtBox_Exit(Cancel As Integer) If Len(Me!txtBox) > 25 Then Me!txtBox.FontSize = 12 Else Me!txtBox.FontSize = 10 ' your default here End If End Sub "Themis Parintas ste kardias" <steka2@otenet.gr> wrote in message news:cilpru$k2v$1@usenet.otenet.gr... > How can i change the size of font on a text box acording the number of > character (>25 characters the font size 12 ) > > ...

How to make sure that font style/size in graphics matches with text font/size?
Hi, I'm writing my phd thesis with pdfLaTeX (KOMA script package with "standard" serif fonts, 11 pt) and now have to create technical drawings, schemes and diagrams. (My thesis is about engineering, so there will have to be some technical drawings and sketches, flow charts and schemes, fotos and many many graphs... I'm writing on a PowerBook with OS X, but am also working on a PC with Windows XP.) I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the document... Should the text in the graphs also be a serif font or should it be sans serif as a contrast? Is there any tutorial how to layout graphics to look great with a LaTeX document)? Is there an easy way (GUI appreciated) to typeset some LaTeX text over an included photo? Martin p.s. I've already been surfing and procrastinating a lot reading reviews of different apps (xFig, WinFig, Corel Draw, OmniGraffle, Inkscape, ipe, j***Edit, ...) and I'm not really sure what would be the best tool... p.p.s. WARMreader (http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/WARM/) looks very interesting - might this be the tool of choice to label graphics?... Lvood wrote: > Is there an easy way (GUI appreciated) to typeset some LaTeX text over > an included photo? http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=Examples/overlay Herbert -- http://PSTricks.tug.org http://www.dante.de/CTAN/info/math/voss/ Lvood: > I'm not sure wha...

Setting font size of text box in VBA
I want to be able to set the font size and font type for text in a text box on a report using VBA. I wan't to be able to control it from a setting in a table. The problem is that I don't know the syntax for setting either font type or font size for a text box on a report. Does anyone know? Help. Please! dixie ctlTextBox.Height = 1440 'size in twips: 1440 = 1 inch ctlTextBox.Width = 2880 'size in twips: 1440 = 1 inch 'so you can see the area covered by the textbox ctlTextBox.BackColor = RGB(255, 255, 0) ctlTextBox.FontSize = 20 ctlTextBox.FontName = "Comic San...

PDF Converter Pro
Anyone know how I can change the default font color and style for text boxes in PDF Converter Professional 3.0? Thanks. ...

listings-package
Hello! According to the documentation of the listings-package 1.4, you can escape to LaTeX within comments via the texcl-key. The example below, where the escapebegin-key is used for changing the font-shape, shows that this seems to be possible only for comments which do _not_ span several lines. Is this a bug or is this a feature? Actually I wanted to get the comment-delimiters written in a different font than the comment-text - like in the single-line- comments. If I got it right, this means splitting "commentstyle(s)" into "commentdelimiterstyle(s)" and "commenttextstyle(s)" which seems not to be easy (as I did not succeed yet). Any ideas? Ulrich \documentclass{article} \usepackage{listings} \begin{filecontents*}{mylisting.txt} A/ A single comment-line. texcl-key seems to apply. B/ A comment spanning multiple comment-lines. The comment-delimiters are not nestable. texcl-key seems not to apply. /B C/ A comment spanning multiple comment-lines. C/ The comment-delimiters are nestable. C/ texcl-kex seems not to apply. /C /C /C D/ A comment spanning one line. texcl-key seems to apply. D/ Not a comment spanning one line. \end{filecontents*} \begin{document} text\xleaders\hbox{ text}\hfill\null \lstinputlisting[% language={[iso]C++}, basicstyle=\ttfamily, morecomment={[l]{A/}}, morecomment={[s]{B/}{/B}}, morecomment={[n]{C/}{/C}}, morecomment={[f][commentstyle][3]{D/}}, commentstyle=\rmfamily\itshape, texcl=t...

Front end text formatting
Hi, I'm totally new to formatting in Mathematica. Please could someone help me make it so my default.nb does fractions that don't shrink in font size? Also, my table font is set to courier and the equations don't do italics as usual. How do I solve this? Many thanks well look hard for options - there are many that may help. here's a clue if you can't find any... on my box Mathematica doubles the Box height when I enter a faction and the fraction is the same size. try changing style sheets? Mine does that for Style Input but not Style Text. For style text the thing does get a double box size but still appears smaller StyleBox[FractionBox[x, y], FontSize -> 18] // DisplayForm shows it larger. there are a few ways you can wrap stylebox around every FractionBox whenever FractionBox is input or whenever it's output. see InputAutoReplacements for one way. Another way is to make FractionBox function yourself (call the orig. one but wrap it). Again there may be a Global Option for BoxData or RowBox I can't find that, using Style Text, chooses a bigger font. HOWEVER. If I change from Text style to Input it is changed: my 1/2 is fully double sized again automatically. ** I'd say pop open the Style Sheet and see where the difference is there ** sorry if that didn't help ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Word XP: highlighting text, suddenly text below it turns into strange font boxes
Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus situation? The font boxes aren't a strange font language. It created the boxes on its own. First ... what application that you are using? It DOES make a difference. Second ... this sounds like a video driver issue, particularly if you are using Micro$loth Pub$lasher ... have you checked the video adopter manufacturer's web site and updated to the most current driver for Windows XP? "John" <john_y7@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a9e942a5.0307091449.7a8db89d@posting.google.com... > Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus situation? The font boxes aren't > a strange font language. It created the boxes on its own. Possibly a font substitution problem. I font is being requested which is not installed so another font is being used for the display. Alas, the substituted font does not have the glyphs being requested so you are getting the "sorry-no can do" box. Other problems can produce the result. A fairly frequent one is a corrupt or non-matching printer driver. RDS99 mentions that one. Give us a few more details and someone might be able to give better suggestions. In the meantime, check to be sure a good copy the font(s) being used is/are installed on the system. Try removing and reinstalling a fresh copy of the printer driver. "John" <john_y7@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a9e942a5.0307091449.7a8db89d@posting.google.com... > Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus...

Limiting the amount of text a user can enter in a text box and will be printed in a form where the size cannot be expanded?
What do others do to limit the number of characters a user can enter in a text box? Do you specify the number of characters exactly so that only that number will fit in the text box, thereby preventing the user from overfilling the text entry? Of course, if they do overfill, they can see/view the extra data by using the arrow key to scroll through the text in the field. This has been raised on a project I am doing where these text boxes are ultimately printed on top of preprinted forms. Only so much space for the text box on the form so I cannot use "can expand" properties...

Changing font size of text
Hi, I'm working with a rather large Simulink model and most of the blocks are put into subsystems. For a good overview I use masks to give each subsystem a name (I prefer this over the name under the block). If I use "fit the system to view" the text on the blocks becomes very small. Is there a way to change the font size of text with the drawing commands? ...

change matlab workspace font size and editor font size
dear all I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do I do it? Thanks in advance, Thanks I have the suggestion in another question posted earlier. "langtran" <lang.tran@iom-world.org> wrote in message news:7795881.1207239680638.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org... > dear all > I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do > I do it? > Thanks in advance, Open the Preference window using the Preferences menu item on the File menu. There is a Fonts item in the Preferences that will let ...

Font, size and colors of text...
I am wondering if I can change font, size and colors of text, with awk? Tks Steph --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.522 / Virus Database: 320 - Release Date: 29/09/2003 Hello, On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 09:09:02 +0200, Stephane Collas wrote: > I am wondering if I can change font, size and colors of text, with awk? unfortunately, such a question cannot be answered. Sorry, Stepan Kasal In article <blog21$la4$1@news-reader4.wanadoo.fr>, Stephane Collas <stephane.collas@wanadoo.fr> wrote: % I am won...

Font and size in controls and text
Is there anywhere where I can see a general rule for what fonts and sizes I should use for buttons, areas of text and so on in my app so that it fits in my other system applications? Apologies for all of the school boy style questions this afternoon, thanks for your help! Graeme In article <BE4E381B.2160%graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk>, Graeme Warren <graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: > Is there anywhere where I can see a general rule for what fonts and sizes I > should use for buttons, areas of text and so on in my app so that it fits in > my other syste...

Asian fonts in text pdf
I maintain an application that creates text based PDFs. The source data is in UTF-8 format. I have no problem with Western European languages, I just convert the UTF-8 to codepage 1252 and specify "Encoding WinAnsiEncoding" in the font object. I was wondering if there was an easy way to deal with UTF-8 encoding of other languages, particularly Asian languages such as Japanese and Chinese. I don't want to include my own font tables, just use whatever is installed on the local system. On May 14, 5:32=A0am, "Jeff McKay" <jeff.mc...@comaxis.com> wrote: > ...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

text bounding box size
hi, I know this has been asked before, but I haven't seen any response. Has anyone found an easy way to get the bounding box size (height, width) of a Text expression for a given DisplayFunction? Or for that matter, the size of any Graphics object being displayed? I've tried a few things, but this is way too difficult, and there aren't even any kludgy workarounds. For instance, to get text height, I tried to pull the FontSize->x out of any Text expression. This is ok, but of course, doesn't work if no FontSize is specified. As for reading the defau...

font size of pdf bookmarks
Hello, Is it possible to change bookmarks font size of a pdf ? Or is this only a parameter of the viewer ? Thanks. GL <gouailles@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to change bookmarks font size of a pdf ? No. It's not a property of the PDF file, see PDF specification. Only the color and the flag for italic and bold can be set for the whole string. > Or is this only a parameter of the viewer ? Maybe, depending on the viewer. AR7/Linux knows small, medium and large in the outline options for text size. -- Heiko Oberdiek ...

font size on dialog boxes
The font on the predefined dialog boxes is too small, on my screen. What's the easiest way to make the font larger on the buttons and in the prompt string? Thanks Ross ...

Figures captions font size bigger than font size used in document
Hi, I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it is possible - ???) how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize. While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size "normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size "footnotesize" Many work arounds were tried with the following commands, \floatingfigure \includegraphics \epsfig \minipage the web was searched and some books consulted with out success Best Regards On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 05:30:49 +0100, Lathe_Biosas <lathe_biosas@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it > is possible - ???) > how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on > the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize. > > While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size > "normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size > "footnotesize" > > Many work arounds were tried with the following commands, > \floatingfigure > \includegraphics > \epsfig > \minipage > > the web was searched and some books consulted with out success I think you will find the caption package a great relief then. Be sure to grab the latest version from CTAN, see <http://www.ctan.org/info?id=caption>. -- Morten Perfe...

Input text boxes, check boxes, and radio boxes

Changing the text size in a dialog box
I am wondering if there is a way to increase the size fo the text that is displayed when I use the "Display Message To User" vi. ...

Need Proper Font Size in PDF
Hi TeXies, I have found font size mismatch between input values with output PDF files using LaTeX. For an example, I am using "10pt" as a normal font size; but I am getting "9.96pt" in the output PDF file after performing the compilation procedure. This is the issue I am facing with the generic in built fonts with using the software MikTeX version 2.5. Guide me how to come out from this issue. Thanks in Advance. -- Best Regards, Kumaresh PS Kumaresh PS schrieb: > Hi TeXies, > > I have found font size mismatch between input values with output PDF > files using LaTeX. > For an example, I am using "10pt" as a normal font size; but I am > getting "9.96pt" in the output PDF file after performing the > compilation procedure. This is the issue I am facing with the generic > in built fonts with using the software MikTeX version 2.5. > > Guide me how to come out from this issue. > > Thanks in Advance. > > -- > Best Regards, > Kumaresh PS How did you measure? From the printout? If yes, check the Adobe Reader settings, "adjust to page" should not be used. BTW: MikTeX 2.5 is totally outdated, the current one is 2.8. Uwe On Oct 7, 5:12=A0am, Kumaresh PS <pskumares...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi TeXies, > > I have found font size mismatch between input values with output PDF > files using LaTeX. > For an example, I am using "10pt" as a normal font size;...

Minimum font size in styled text
Eudora 4.3. I have a nice sharp monitor, set to 1200x1600 resolution. When receiving messages with styled text, often the font size is "tiny" (I expect that it would be OK if I used a lower resolution, but I'd rather not do that). Is there a Eudora setting that forces a minimum size without otherwise altering the font? I went through the list from TidBITS, but nothing looked applicable. thanks, Isaac Isaac Wingfield <isw@witzend.com> wrote: > Is there a Eudora setting that forces a minimum size without otherwise > altering the font? I went throu...

Web resources about - Font size in comments and callout boxes? - comp.text.pdf

Talk:Film Comment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Magazines , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of magazines on Wikipedia. If you ...

Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment February 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As part of this Request for Comment, a third phase considered the use of pending-changes protection in the short term. In accordance with consensus ...

Facebook Page Administrators Can No Longer Mark Comments As Spam
Page administrators can no longer mark comments as spam, instead only having the options after deleting comments to undo the deletion, report ...

"Have we contributed to this culture that has turned American politics and the American political discourse ...
That's the question Marco Rubio said "we all need to take a step back" and ask. He adds: "Presidential candidates are now basically Twitter trolls." ...

EODM's Jesse Hughes apologizes for Bataclan comments: "I humbly beg forgiveness from the people of France" ...
"My suggestions that anyone affiliated with the Bataclan played a role in the events of November 13 are unfounded and baseless...

The Latest: Clinton sorry for comments about Reagan, AIDS
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the 2016 presidential campaign (all times Eastern Standard Time):

Kerry Washington Reveals Why She Won't Comment on Divorce Rumors or Post Pictures of Her Daughter
Kerry Washington Reveals Why She Won't Comment on Divorce Rumors or Post Pictures of Her Daughter

Barrington Research Comments on AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc’s Q2 2016 Earnings (AMC)
AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc (NYSE:AMC) – Stock analysts at Barrington Research reduced their Q2 2016 earnings per share (EPS) estimates for ...

Rubio: "Our political discourse looks like the comment section of a blog" - Florida Politics
On ABC's This Week on Sunday, Marco Rubio contended that his battle against Trump is a fight for conservatism and the Republican Party

Eagles of Death Metal frontman apologizes for comments about Bataclan security
Eagles of Death Metal frontman apologizes for comments about Bataclan security