FOSS tool to edit PDF metadata (pdftk broke)

The pdftk tool used to be good for editing the metadata on pdf files,
but recent versions have become fragile/broken and poorly documented
<https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=788660>.

For those hindered by this, I've discovered another FOSS tool
"exiftool", which is more straight-forward to use.  A sample
commandline looks like this:

  exiftool -Title='A better currency'\
    	   -Author='Satoshi Nakamoto'\
  	   -Subject='bitcoin'\
  	   -Keywords='bitcoin,cryto-currency'\
  	   white_paper.pdf

0
Jack

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

Postscript to PDF with pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other
Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? On 14/04/2008, Sean Nakasone <seannakasone@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, > pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? ps2pdf is standard on any install of Ghostscript, at least on most flavours of Linux/BSD Farrel ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Free PDF editing and cnverting tool
Zeon DocuCom PDF Gold is a perfect PDF Editing Tool, comparing with Adobe Acrobat. Support PDF 1.5 and form creating in PDF files, even it can open a blank PDF life for free editing to a new PDF document. Good stuff. ...

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

Zeon DocuCom PDF Gold is a perfect PDF Editing Tool with lowest cost
Zeon DocuCom PDF Gold is a perfect PDF Editing Tool with lowest cost, comparing with Adobe Acrobat. Support PDF 1.5 and form creating in PDF files, even it can open a blnak PDF life for free editing to a new PDF document. Good stuff. ...

Zeon DocuCom PDF Gold is a perfect PDF Editing Tool with low cost,
Zeon DocuCom PDF Gold is a perfect PDF Editing Tool with low cost, comparing with Adobe Acrobat. Support PDF 1.5 and form creating in PDF files, even it can open a blnak PDF life for free editing to a new PDF document. Good stuff. yehcp@pdfwizard.com wrote: > Zeon DocuCom PDF Gold is a perfect PDF Editing Tool with low cost, > comparing with Adobe Acrobat. Support PDF 1.5 and form creating in PDF > files, even it can open a blnak PDF life for free editing to a new PDF > document. Good stuff. But why would anyone want to open a blnak PDF life? PDFrank <pdfrank@some.net> wr...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

Convert PDF image to PDF text
Hi, I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? Thanx You will have to scan it using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) application and then create a PDF file. -- Don Vancouver, USA <WhiteLen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193737890.691267.165820@z9g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a PDF file with image text documents. hence I can't search the > text. How can I convert it to searchable PDF file? > > Thanx > Any recommendation for OCR application? ...

PDF text editing
OS 10.6.3 Safari 5.0 Is there software that will allow me to edit text within a pdf document? Is there something within the OS? Thanks. In article <2f0ee7ed-8e56-43de-9bfb-856f021f8ee5@11g2000prw.googlegroups.com>, MacGuy <flyme2009@yahoo.com> wrote: > OS 10.6.3 > Safari 5.0 > > > Is there software that will allow me to edit text within a pdf > document? Is there something within the OS? Thanks. Adobe Acrobat. -- Send responses to the relevant news group rather than email to me. E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my very...

How to edit PDF (as text)
I want to open a PDF document in emacs 23.2.1 on Windows 7. When I open the file, I see the PDF briefly, but as soon as I try to move the cursor or anything, the PDF is replaced by Cannot display this page! Maybe because of a conversion failure! I used to edit PDFs frequently with emacs 21 and, I believe, 22. So what happened? Why can't I just open this like any other file and look at the PDF constructs? Thanks, -pd Peter <pfdavis@gmail.com> writes: > I want to open a PDF document in emacs 23.2.1 on Windows 7. When I > open the file, I see the PDF briefly, but as soon ...

convert PDF images to PDF text (OCR)
Hi, I have a book which was entirely scanned into a PDF, there are approximately 300 pages. The problem is that each page is an image of the paper page, not selectable text. How can I convert this PDF made of images to a text-selectable PDF? Or directly convert it to Word? I suppose I'll need some form of OCR. Thanks in advance, Raphael Yes, since you have an image, you need to OCR it into data. You will not have much luck with any formating info, but most OCR programs today to a pretty good job if the image is fairly clean . Larry T. larrynospam@nospamjbmsystems.com wrote in message...

scanned image pdf to searchable text pdf
We have a lot of pdf files that are just scanned images of documents. How easy is it to change these into pdf's that we can search for specific words. I believe Adobe Acrobat Capture will do this when the document is originally scanned, but can it use pdf's that have already been created. If it can, can this process be automated to convert 100s of pdf files? Are there other alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Capture as it is not cheap for a large number of documents? I am new to this, so please keep it simple. Thanks for any help. Adrian HI, As you indicated, your pdf's are ...

How to save a edited PDF or opening pdf with other program
how is this done? thanks kevin You generally need Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional for editing and saving PDF files. Depending on what you need to do, there are a few other options as well. Since Acrobat has limited editing capabilities, if you want to make major changes to your document, you might want to convert it to another format first. For example, you could convert it to a Word file with BCL Drake. A free demo is available from our website at http://www.bcltechnologies.com. If you want the end result to be a PDF, however, getting the full version of Acrobat might ultimately...

Web resources about - FOSS tool to edit PDF metadata (pdftk broke) - comp.text.pdf

Metadata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Metadata is " data about data". The term is ambiguous, as it is used for two fundamentally different concepts ( types ). Structural metadata ...

Metadata, Content Security: Metadatarisk.org
Metadatarisk.org is a public-benefit site offering information on content security. If you have an article or relevant website that you would ...

Metadata Working Group (MWG)
The MWG publishes technical specifications that describe how to effectively storemetadata into digital media files. These royalty-free specifications ...

Why Metadata Matters: The NSA and the Future of Privacy
Over at Slate, Dahlia Lithwick and Steve Vladeck have a great piece about why "metadata" matters. It is very much worth reading. Here are some ...

Metapho: Manage Photo Metadata on the App Store on iTunes
Get Metapho: Manage Photo Metadata on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

All sizes - Hillmann's Real Metadata. - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The Care and Feeding of Weird Machines Found in Executable Metadata [29c3] - YouTube
The Care and Feeding of Weird Machines Found in Executable Metadata The Executable and Linkable Format (ELF) is omnipresent; related OS and library ...

Metadata access should require a warrant, human rights committee tells government
Parliament's human rights committee tells government to respect people's privacy when it comes to data retention.

Malcolm Turnbull's Sky News interview basically renders the metadata retention laws useless
Mal comms in the middle. After several months of the Abbott Government telling Australians how important the metadata laws are to catch paedophiles ...

Metadata retention laws will pass as Labor folds
The Federal government's controversial $400 million plan to force telecommunications providers to store the metadata of all phone and internet ...