Get rid of toolbar

I installed Acrobat 8.0.  It has installed toolbars in all my office
programs.  I don't mind the menu additions, but those toolbars have to go.
I can close them, but they pop back up with the next document.  The people
in the Office group don't seem to have any resolution.  Anyone over here?

If not, are there any viable alternatives to Adobe for making quality PDFs.
I don't want any of the fancy collaborations.  All I want is to make a PDF
that looks like my document.

0
Linda

Linda Edmondson wrote:

> I installed Acrobat 8.0.  It has installed toolbars in all my office
> programs.  I don't mind the menu additions, but those toolbars have to go.
> I can close them, but they pop back up with the next document.  The people
> in the Office group don't seem to have any resolution.  Anyone over here?
>
> If not, are there any viable alternatives to Adobe for making quality PDFs.
> I don't want any of the fancy collaborations.  All I want is to make a PDF
> that looks like my document.

You weren't given an option when you installed the software?

They're really something, aren't they?

Try news://adobeforums.com/adobe.acrobat.windows in your newsreader.

Or http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbeda8b/ on the web.
0
PDFrank
12/17/2006 10:33:10 AM
"Linda  Edmondson" <ldereg@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I installed Acrobat 8.0.  It has installed toolbars in all my office
>programs.  I don't mind the menu additions, but those toolbars have to go.
>I can close them, but they pop back up with the next document.  The people
>in the Office group don't seem to have any resolution.  Anyone over here?

Did you try Add/Remove programs?  You cannot, however, pick and
choose: if you remove PDFMaker from (e.g.) Word, you lose menus,
toolbars and the ability to do Create PDF > From Word in Acrobat.
Aandi Inston

quite
12/17/2006 11:11:06 AM
I uninstalled Acrobat completely.  I will install it again later, with no
Office conversion.  Someone in another thread said don't use the PDF
printer.  I can't figure out why not.  If I want to use Distiller instead,
it seems I have to have a postscript file.  I don't have a postscript
printer.  Is there anything I can add to get the capability of having a
postscipt file?

And yes, they're something.  I suppose I'm being obstinate to go to all this
trouble to demand those **** toolbars go away, but that's the way it is.
They will not be on my computer.

"PDFrank" <pdfrank@some.com> wrote in message
> Linda Edmondson wrote:
>
>> I installed Acrobat 8.0.  It has installed toolbars in all my office
>> programs.  I don't mind the menu additions, but those toolbars have to
>> go. I can close them, but they pop back up with the next document.  The
>> people in the Office group don't seem to have any resolution.  Anyone
>> over here?
>>
>> If not, are there any viable alternatives to Adobe for making quality
>> PDFs. I don't want any of the fancy collaborations.  All I want is to
>> make a PDF that looks like my document.
>

> You weren't given an option when you installed the software?
>
> They're really something, aren't they?
>
> Try news://adobeforums.com/adobe.acrobat.windows in your newsreader.
>
> Or http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbeda8b/ on the web.

0
Linda
1/11/2007 5:51:51 AM
"Linda  Edmondson" <ldereg@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I uninstalled Acrobat completely.  I will install it again later, with no
>Office conversion.  Someone in another thread said don't use the PDF
>printer.  I can't figure out why not.  If I want to use Distiller instead,
>it seems I have to have a postscript file.  I don't have a postscript
>printer.  Is there anything I can add to get the capability of having a
>postscipt file?

There's no obvious reason not to use the PDF printer to make PDF.

But you do have a PostScript driver. It is the Adobe PDF printer,
print to file and you have PostScript.

>And yes, they're something.  I suppose I'm being obstinate to go to all this
>trouble to demand those **** toolbars go away, but that's the way it is.
>They will not be on my computer.

This isn't a big deal. Just uninstall them with Add/Remove programs.
You can selectively uninstall subcomponents of Acrobat PDFMaker.

Bear in mind you are losing specific functionality, not just an icon.
You will no longer be able to make linked, bookmarked, tagged PDF
files from Word.

>"PDFrank" <pdfrank@some.com> wrote in message
>> Linda Edmondson wrote:
>>
>>> I installed Acrobat 8.0.  It has installed toolbars in all my office
>>> programs.  I don't mind the menu additions, but those toolbars have to
>>> go. I can close them, but they pop back up with the next document.  The
>>> people in the Office group don't seem to have any resolution.  Anyone
>>> over here?
>>>
>>> If not, are there any viable alternatives to Adobe for making quality
>>> PDFs. I don't want any of the fancy collaborations.  All I want is to
>>> make a PDF that looks like my document.
>>

>> You weren't given an option when you installed the software?
>>
>> They're really something, aren't they?
>>
>> Try news://adobeforums.com/adobe.acrobat.windows in your newsreader.
>>
>> Or http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbeda8b/ on the web.

Aandi Inston

quite
1/11/2007 9:12:06 AM
Hello Linda

Linda Edmondson wrote:
> And yes, they're something.  I suppose I'm being obstinate to go to all this
> trouble to demand those **** toolbars go away, but that's the way it is.

Yes, the Adobe Add-Ins have a very bad reputation for doing "not nice"
things (with/to the users own customizations, etc.).

What used to help (I haven't tested with Acrobat 7 or 8) is deselecting
the Add-In in Tools | Templates and Add-Ins and only activate it in the
same menu when you need the Adobe functionality in Office.

HTH
Robert
--
  /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign |   MS
  \ /                        |  MVP

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Help, how do I get rid of the Adobe PDF toolbar!!
Hi all, After installing Adobe Acrobat 6 pro - it nicely put a new menu item and toolbar into my AutoCAD 2000, and everytime I load a drawing, it loads that damn toolbar - pushing my other toolbar off the page. If I try to turn it off - it just comes back the next time I open AutoCAD. Help, its annoying. Thanks William, The first thing you could do is UNLOAD and remove it from your history/Startup Suite. Then you can always check into the .mns file to see, 1. Is the location for the tool bar hard coded? 2. To place into a position where you want it. W. Kirk Crawford Rochester Hills, Michigan ...

How to get text from PDF?
Hi all, I have my web server bases on linux. I am working on a project for which I need to get text out of PDF file. I need to know which text belongs to which PDF page number? Is there any utility/tool that should be installed on linux and I can use it from command line in PHP through exec() or system() etc for this purpose? Please reply me urgently. Thanks in advance. Shahid wrote: > Hi all, > > I have my web server bases on linux. I am working on a project for > which I need to get text out of PDF file. I need to know which text > belongs to which PDF page number? >...

How to get text from PDF?
Hi all, I have my web server bases on linux. I am working on a project for which I need to get text out of PDF file. I need to know which text belongs to which PDF page number? Is there any utility/tool that should be installed on linux and I can use it from command line in PHP through exec() or system() etc for this purpose? Please reply me urgently. Thanks in advance. On 22 Dec, 15:03, Shahid <mirzashahidmahm...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have my web server bases on linux. I am working on a project for > which I need to get text out of PDF file. I need to know w...

How do I get rid of the toolbar in PAN ?
How do I get rid of the toolbar in PAN ? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. Regards, Mark. -- Mark Hobley 393 Quinton Road West QUINTON Birmingham B32 1QE Reply to: markhobley at hotpop dot do_not_type_this_bit com http://markhobley.yi.org/ On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 01:21:02 +0000, Mark Hobley wrote: > How do I get rid of the toolbar in PAN ? You can't in the current release. Feel free to submit a patch. -- Nothing happens. ...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

How do i get rid of toolbar.dll?
ive infected my comp with this bug, and i cat seem to get rid of it, cant even delete it off of safe mode! does anyone know how to get rid of it? ...

Cannot get rid of justified text
and there is no icon to turn it on or off. Changing right justified with the icon doesn't get rid of it. What do I change to get back without justification and huge gaps between words. thanks On 21 Jul 2005 23:04:52 -0700, "Mike" <mikecar52@gmail.com> wrote: >and there is no icon to turn it on or off. Changing right justified >with the icon doesn't get rid of it. What do I change to get back >without justification and huge gaps between words. >thanks are we reading or writing here ? Selecting text and Ctrl/J to reformat paragraph ? ...

Getting the Text from Image and PDF
Hi friends, This is Jan, I am new to this Group. I have a requirement here. Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image and PDF formats. Please let me know the same. If anything found, please suggest me regarding them. Thanks && Regards.. Jan Jan <janreddy.sr@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi friends, > This is Jan, I am new to this Group. > I have a requirement here. > Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image > and PDF formats. For reading characters from graphical data, google "ocr"...

How to get rid of default toolbar
Using SEUIXP we have assigned a custom built small icon and large icon toolbar (ribbon) bitmap to all the Postcreate methods. In one menu however, randomly the cavo's default toolbar appears, as stored under C:\cavo28\Volib\Gui\cavotb.bmp It seems to be under just one menu, I removed all old assigned buttons in the menu editor, searched all code but I have currently no idea how my program is still able to display the icons of that default toolbar occasionaly. Does anyone has an idea where this comes from? Dick Hi Dick, I have seen this behaviour also. Sometimes it e...

getting rid of text in TextArea
how do you dynamically get rid of text in a TextArea? (no way of doing what in JS you would do like this textArea.value = ""; ??? thank you.. Frances In article <430f6970$0$18645$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, Frances <fdr58@yahoo.com> wrote: > how do you dynamically get rid of text in a TextArea? > > (no way of doing what in JS you would do like this > > textArea.value = ""; ??? > > thank you.. > > Frances RTFM. The AWT TextArea and Swing JTextArea both support a setText() call to do what you want. -- Steve ...

Text in toolbar text field not committed before clicking toolbar command button
I use the following code to create text edit fields and command buttons in my toolbars: Function CreateToolbarObject(myObjectType as integer) Dim newObject Select Case myObjectType Case 1 'text Set newObject = CommandBars(myToolbarName).Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlEdit) Case 2 'command button Set newObject = CommandBars(myToolbarName).Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton) Case 3 'popup Set newObject = CommandBars(myToolbarName).Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup) Case 4 'combobox Set newObject = CommandBars(myToolbarName).Controls....

how do i get rid of toolbar.dll? #2
Ive infected my computer with toolbar.dll, anyone know how to get rid of it? ...

Module to get text from a PDF page?
I'm looking for a Perl module that will give me the text from a page of a simple (uncompressed, unencrypted) PDF. I've found several modules on CPAN that will write text into PDFs, but nothing to get it out. The closest possibilities look like PDF::API2 and Text::PDF. I've been working with them, and they seem to be able to get at a lot of meta-information in a PDF, but unable to get at the actual text in the file. My workaround is to shell out to pdftotext to get the text, but I'd like to have a pure-perl solution if possible. Does anyone know of a module that can do thi...

Help reading PDF to get text...
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Ghostscript and copying text from a pdf gets junk
Dear group, I have downloaded gs 8.14 and redmon 1.7 to make pdfs in win98se. I use the apple color laserwriter 12/600 driver which outputs to redmon and makes a pdf. The pdfs look great, the only problem is that when i try to copy the text in acrobat and paste to notepad, it comes out like this: 7\SH)RQW)RUPDW \SH([WHQVLRQ9HUVLRQ&RPSUHVVLRQ&RORU'HSWK0DLQWDLQHU$GREH6\VWHPV6SHFLILFDWLRQ GSview and text extract give similar results. It doesn't always do this, that is, some pdfs don't have this problem, but if i ask the printer driver to use truetype...

Getting rid of "language toolbar"
Something I installed also installed a "language toolbar". I can get rid of it, but it comes back with each reboot. I've searched through the "add/remove programs" and the "add/remove Windows components" and can't seem to find anything about the language bar, or the "text services" that apparently brought the language bar with it. Anyone know how to get rid of this? TIA, Lisa Try Ad-Aware SE & SpyBot S&D. The combination of those usually will get rid of that kind of junk. WT "Lisa Horton" <Lisa091704@lisahorton.net...

trying to get rid of pink highlighting of text
I generated a Word document by pasting in Greek text from the Thesaurus Linguae Graecae Web site. Word is 2003 version, OS is Win XP. This displays weirdly but I discovered that I could change the font first to Lucida Sans Console and then to Arial Bold which produces a font which is quite readable. There are highlighted phrases in the text colored pink. I tried to un-highlight the phrases but was unable to. I would appreciate any suggestions to get rid of the pink highlighting. Thanks in advance. Michael Eisenstadt On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 09:21:06 -0600, Michael Eisensta...

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

Help reading PDF to get text... #2
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Help reading PDF to get text... #3
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Google Maps: Getting rid of text column?
When you go to Google Maps, there's a column of advertisements down the left side of the window, alongside the map, like the Sidebar in a Finder window. Is there a command to turn this column off, or close it, and get just a map filling the entire window? (This column seems to go away eventually in most cases, but I can't figure out whether it just does so randomly, or after a certain number of zooms and pans, or whether I trigger it by doing a search for a new location that has no ads associated with it, or ????) In article <siegman-148F79.08073811062006@news.stanford.ed...

Help reading PDF to get text... #4
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Web resources about - Get rid of toolbar - comp.text.pdf

Toolbar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A toolbar is a graphical control element on which on-screen buttons, icons, menus, or other input or output elements are placed. An earlier term ...

Microsoft Releases New Version of Bing Bar Toolbar With Facebook Integration
Today, Microsoft releases a new version of its Bing Bar downloadable browser tool bar that includes several Facebook capabilities. Bing Bar users ...

Why no toolbar/bookmarks in Chrome on tablets?
... set up my new Nexus 7 the way I'd like to set it up, so I can use it for all the things I want to use it for. Even better synch with the toolbar ...

Wikipedia Toolbar: Home
Wikipedia Toolbar gives you quick access to usefull commands for the Mediawiki Software. It also provides a backend for other types of Wiki software. ...

Google Toolbar 404 Hijacking - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Google being evil? Seems like it, more at... Google's Toolbar Reportedly Overwriting 404 Pages Across The Web...

flybuys Toolbar Sells Out Your Search Data For A Lousy 50 Cents A Month
We’re not big fans of Coles’ flybuys loyalty scheme — earning points takes ages and you give up lots of personal information in the ...

Qantas toolbar to monitor your web activity
Qantas wants frequent flyers to install a toolbar on their web browser that records their internet searches and web browsing activity for "marketing ...

WatchESPN app updated for iOS 7, adds ‘Live Toolbar’ that lets you stream two videos at once
ESPN updated its WatchESPN app for iOS today with a new feature called “Live Toolbar” that allows users to multitask while continuing to watch ...

Alexa Toolbar Creator
Log In or Create an Account Help Home Site Tools Top Sites Site Info Reviews What's Hot Toolbar Dashboard Site Tools > Toolbar Creator Toolbars ...

Google Discontinues Toolbar for Firefox - John Paczkowski - News - AllThingsD
... claimed another victim. As part of its new “more wood behind fewer arrows” approach to business, the company is discontinuing its Google Toolbar ...